PDA

View Full Version : HUGE pickup for the Mavs....

big daddy russ
09-29-2007, 05:03 AM
Dallas trades Buckner to the T-Wolves for Hassell (http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/48244/20070929/t_wolves_and_mavs_swap_guards/)

It may seem like an "under the radar" move right now, but you Mavs fans will be in love with this guy halfway through the season. Nowhere near the scorer he was in college, he's turned his focus to the other side of the ball and has become one of the best defenders in the league. He doesn't have Buckner's outside shot, but he's a better defender right now than Buckner was four years ago and is a few years younger.

Also, they hired Mario Elie as an assistant coach. Talk about changing the complexion of a team. They go from being a finesse team to one of the toughest, grittiest teams in the league in two years. Tons of experience, great defensive players all around, tons of depth, and it gives them flexibility to bring Jason Terry off the bench in a sixth man role, something he'd be great at doing.

Great pickup by the Mavs. Should help them out immensely. How's this for a lineup?

PG: Devin Harris Jason Terry (Sixth Man)
SG: Trenton Hassell Jerry Stackhouse Eddie Jones
SF: Josh Howard Devean George
PF: Dirk Nowitzki Nick Fazekas
C: Eric Dampier DeSagana Diop

OK, so maybe Eddie Jones is well past his prime, but he used to be one of the best defenders in the league and still has tons of savvy. Throw in that rookie from Greece and Reyshawn Terry, that's a pretty deep team.

Leopards,class of 75
09-29-2007, 08:39 AM
I hope this will help them out!

Eagles52
09-29-2007, 11:08 AM
It might help, as long as they don't play Golden State again...lol

BobcatBenny
09-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Eagles52
It might help, as long as they don't play Golden State again...lol
Isn't that why they hired a former Golden State assistant coach? :D

Gobbla2001
09-29-2007, 11:18 AM
I dunno... the GS series wasn't really about coaching (atleast it didn't look that way to me)... looked like one team showed up and the other didn't...

but if they meat against this year Mavs will probably sweep...