PDA

View Full Version : Will Clay

Who-dun-it!!?
09-29-2007, 02:25 AM
He needed 64 yds to reach 1000 on the season.

I think he got it. Great job Will!

tigerbyheart
09-29-2007, 04:31 PM
Here are the stats from the Lubbockonline

Snyder plows past Cooper
Snyder - 48 / Cooper - 26

SNYDER - Heading into Friday night's game against Snyder, the Cooper football team knew it would have to contain Will Clay to have any chance for a victory.

The area's leading Class 3A rusher didn't run roughshod over the Pirates' defense - gaining 142 yards and scoring one touchdown - but Cooper had plenty of problems against the Tigers' other offensive weapons.

Snyder fullback Chase Arrendale racked up 162 yards and two touchdowns on only nine carries, while quarterback Lance Day also made the most of his nine carries, gaining 109 yards and scoring three times. Day also threw for 54 yards and a touchdown, helping the Tigers cruise to a 48-26 victory in their home opener.

"I'm glad everybody's starting to come around," said Day, whose Tigers (4-1) extended their winning streak to four games. "Everybody used to think we're a one-man team, but when everybody plays good and does what we're capable of doing, we've got all kinds of weapons."

The Tigers rushed for 464 of their 518 total yards, but they also were effective throwing the ball. Day completed five straight passes during the first half, including an 18-yard touchdown to Stevie Rose, and he also threw to Stephen Bryant for a two-point conversion.

"That's pretty good - pretty good for us," Snyder head coach Chad Rogers said of the productive passing attack.

Cooper quarterback Tyler Sutton threw for 110 yards and a TD on 9-of-14 passing, and running back Carlyle Stokes rushed for a game-high 178 yards and three scores. But the Pirates (1-3), who have lost three in a row and four straight against Snyder, couldn't keep up with the Tigers.

"We've got to find a defense that can stop some people," said Cooper head coach John Windham, whose team gave up 25 first downs. "We're going to have to dig down, and somebody's going to have to step up, or we're going to make changes. We've got to play better defense to win games."

After opening the game with a defensive stop, Snyder marched 48 yards in eight plays to take a 7-0 lead early in the first quarter. Brent Bollinger keyed the drive with a 12-yard run on third down, and Arrendale finished it with a 2-yard burst up the middle.

Snyder added to its lead about two minutes into the second quarter, when Day connected with Rose shortly after a costly personal foul against the Pirates. Day missed the extra-point kick, though, so the Tigers had to settle for a 13-0 lead.

The teams traded quick scores during the rest of the first half, beginning with Arrendale's 89-yard run up the middle on the first play of Snyder's next possession. Stokes answered with a 75-yard scoring scamper about one minutes later, making the score 19-7, but the Pirates couldn't stop Snyder.

Clay started the ensuing possession with a 44-yard run around left end, and Day capped it with a 3-yard TD run on fourth down. Day then threw to Bryant for the two-point conversion, giving Snyder a 27-7 lead with just 3:50 left in the half.

But Cooper trimmed the deficit once again before the break, thanks to a critical run by Stokes and some good fortune. Stokes broke loose for a 27-yard gain on third-and-21 from the Snyder 43, and with only 28 seconds remaining, the Pirates scored on a bizarre fourth-and-9 play.

Sutton lofted a pass toward three Tiger defenders in the right corner of the end zone, and then Snyder's Zeke Muniz tipped the ball back into the air. Cooper's Bryson Fuller swooped in and snagged it, scoring a 15-yard touchdown that made the score 27-14.

But Clay scored his TD less than two minutes into the second half, and Snyder never looked back.

Who-dun-it!!?
09-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Think he'll hit 2000 yds before the end of the year?

Get It In Gear
09-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Offfense looked great. Will ran great. So did Lance and Chase. Showed that they do have a passing game. Defense looking much better.

TheDOCTORdre
09-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Will Clay is my boy

TripleH
09-29-2007, 10:03 PM
DISCLAMER FOR BLACK MAGIC: I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL so understand that everything in this post comes from a BLEACHER CREATURE.

Well I thought Friday night was a good homecoming game. I got to the game early and after battling through all the sales pitches made my way to my seat early to watch a little warm up. I was watching and low and behold I looked up and none other than Snydertigersrul was making his way to his chosen seat to look down upon the bleacher creatures.

Once again this week the offensive line allowed the three-headed monster to chew up yards on the ground in chunks both short and long and dominated the clock for most of the game. Even though "if it's not broke don't fix it", the Tigers did throw the ball with success as well.

Right now the offense is very impressive. The defense continues to look better and better and the only flaw was two long runs where multiple Tigers had the chance to make tackles but did not wrap up or had the tackle broke and allowed the Pirates to score. The Lubbock Cooper QB ran the read option well but the Tigers speed on the defensive side of the ball kept the Cooper offense at bay most of the night.

Special teams are hitting on all cylinders on returns and defending returns. Return men are running hard and hitting the gaps quickly and on the Tigers kickoffs #8 is going down and making hits like a man possessed.

Great job Tigers, Coach Rogers and staff.

Reviewed the M&G pictures from the last couple of years before I went to the game and of course saw Snydertigersrul and Black Magic (looked good in that white shirt;) )

Never could find tigerbyheart in the crowd but did see DaHop72 and TigerBaseball in deep conversation when I was leaving the stands. I spoke to you two guys but guess since the conversation was so deep you didn't hear me. Not sure how much football knowledge those two guys have but they both do know a thing or two about baseball. ;)

Once again congrats Tigers, continue to play hard, great things are ahead.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-30-2007, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by TripleH
Never could find tigerbyheart in the crowd but did see DaHop72 and TigerBaseball in deep conversation when I was leaving the stands. I spoke to you two guys but guess since the conversation was so deep you didn't hear me. Not sure how much football knowledge those two guys have but they both do know a thing or two about baseball. ;)

Once again congrats Tigers, continue to play hard, great things are ahead.

Hmmm....:thinking: :thinking: Not to sure what to think about that. Maybe you should have introduced yourself. I'd be willing to bet that they wouldn't have bit your head off.

DaHop72
09-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Hmmm....:thinking: :thinking: Not to sure what to think about that. Maybe you should have introduced yourself. I'd be willing to bet that they wouldn't have bit your head off. I don't know Snyder_TigerFan, I know I don't bite but I sure wouldn't make any guarantees about TigerBaseball. I'm not sure if he's had all his shots. :D

DaHop72
10-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Think he'll hit 2000 yds before the end of the year? :thinking: :thinking: Maybe:D

eagles_victory
10-01-2007, 10:39 AM
was this 2a cooper?

DaHop72
10-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
was this 2a cooper? :rolleyes: No, 4-3A Lubbock Cooper.

eagles_victory
10-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:rolleyes: No, 4-3A Lubbock Cooper. well damn i didnt know i was just asking

TripleH
10-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Hmmm....:thinking: :thinking: Not to sure what to think about that. Maybe you should have introduced yourself. I'd be willing to bet that they wouldn't have bit your head off. I'm personally not too sure about either one of them.;)

Ranger Mom
10-01-2007, 01:52 PM
well damn i didnt know i was just asking

No need to use profanity!!!:eek: :eek:

eagles_victory
10-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
No need to use profanity!!!:eek: :eek: no need for this guy to roll his eyes at a simple question

Sweetwater Red
10-01-2007, 02:12 PM
no need for this guy to roll his eyes at a simple question

He thought you were knocking Snyder's opponent.

Ranger Mom
10-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
He thought you were knocking Snyder's opponent.

That was exactly what I thought too!!

DaHop72
10-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Thanks Red and Ranger Mom, I thought maybe I had jumped to a wrong conclusion. I felt like maybe it was a cheap shot at the yardage that Will has gained due to the caliber of opponent. Will appears to be a young man on a mission this year. He is running harder and breaking more tackles this year than he did last year as it appears that he has worked and gotten stronger as well and I think he deserves any accolades that come his way.

Ranger Mom
10-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
and I think he deserves an accolades that come his way.

most definitely!!