PDA

View Full Version : Pinkston 35 Madison 34 OT

JR2004
09-28-2007, 11:53 PM
We lost for the 2nd consecutive week because of a mishap on the extra point...Last week felt like getting kicked in the nuts by someone wearing a steel-toed boot. This week felt like getting kicked in the face by a horse.

From the DMN

<<Jose Balderas' extra-point gave Pinkston (4-1) a thrilling double-overtime victory at James Ray Henry Stadium.
Madison rallied from a 14-0 halftime deficit behind running backs Reggie Peagram (193 yards 1 touchdown) and Vernon Hunt (143 yards 4 touchdowns).
Hunt's fourth touchdown gave Madison (0-4) a 34-28 lead but they bobbled the snap on the extra point.
Two plays later Antonio Higgins hit Andre McQueen for a 20 yard touchdown pass setting up Balderas' game winner.>>

Oh and KA if you read this, PLEASE BEAT Pinkston as bad as you can when you get them in district. I'm still fuming mad about what happened after the game. Pinkston is low class from the head coach to the players to the fans. I wish Jeff Johnson would've been there to watch that wonderful display after the end of OT. That was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen.

kaorder1999
09-28-2007, 11:58 PM
wow...i left at halftime when Pink was up 14-0

JR2004
09-29-2007, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
wow...i left at halftime when Pink was up 14-0

Yeah we quickly figured out in the 2nd half that Pinkston had one guy, number 5, and that was it. We completely dominated the rest of the game once we decided that we didn't need to throw the ball at all to score at will. Rolling up 400 yards on the ground and still losing hurts big time.

Oh well at least I know our players, fans and coaches have class. Argenti completely lost my respect tonight for that postgame melee. I hope SOC and Kimball put 80 on the board against them.

kaorder1999
09-29-2007, 12:03 AM
what happened at the end?

JR2004
09-29-2007, 12:15 AM
what happened at the end?

I pm'd it to you. It was extremely embarrassing for DISD. I see now why we had to play the game in Seagoville. If Argenti doesn't get a reprimand I'd be very surprised.

kaorder1999
09-29-2007, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
I pm'd it to you. It was extremely embarrassing for DISD. I see now why we had to play the game in Seagoville. If Argenti doesn't get a reprimand I'd be very surprised.

unbelievable

JR2004
09-29-2007, 01:08 AM
unbelievable

That'd be a good word to describe it. I'll be sending Johnson and a few others in the athletic department an email later on today about this once I cool down and can come up with something well thought out that's not in the heat of the moment.

Sorry you had to watch such a horrible first half from both teams. Even though you were there to scout Pinkston that was still hard on the eyes.