PDA

View Full Version : Vernon Fans COME AND GET IT

KTA
09-28-2007, 11:52 PM
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc164/KTA_KTA_KTA/Crow20Pie.jpg

Hate to say I told you so (no I dont :D ) but I TOLD YOU SO!!!

That 12-0 Graham W looks alot more impressive now dont it

wildstangs
09-28-2007, 11:54 PM
Not necessarily a Vernon fan, just an un-believer of Clyde. But regardless, here I am. You were right - I was wrong.

KTA
09-28-2007, 11:59 PM
that was very manly of you wildstangs ;)

VERNONLION#1
09-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Go ahead and slice me a piece. Looks tasty.

KTA
09-29-2007, 12:33 AM
here ya go

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc164/KTA_KTA_KTA/images.jpg

Yes im loving every moment of this:D

Cameron Crazy
09-29-2007, 12:33 AM
kta how about them graham steers! haha.

KTA
09-29-2007, 12:39 AM
MAN them Steers are looking tough to beat. I was sitting infront of 2 Bishop Lynch scouts and they kinda sat there quiet the entire night.:D Hope they have a long trip home next friday night:D

Jake FREAKING Holub!!!

Heck the entire team looked good tonight, Trevor didnt even have to come in and play FB tonight

Cameron Crazy
09-29-2007, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by KTA
MAN them Steers are looking tough to beat. I was sitting infront of 2 Bishop Lynch scouts and they kinda sat there quiet the entire night.:D Hope they have a long trip home next friday night:D

Jake FREAKING Holub!!!

Heck the entire team looked good tonight, Trevor didnt even have to come in and play FB tonight Jake is hard to stop, he just trucks people all night. Trevor played well on D. I'm looking forward to next friday.

Ranger Mom
09-29-2007, 12:46 AM
LOL!! Jake Holub!!! I got so tired of hearing his name that night we played Graham!!:D

KTA
09-29-2007, 12:54 AM
Crow servings go out to

B44...your my boy but
Id sau Vernon by a lot
KingRob
I'm going to go with Vernon
Dominicfrank
I think Vernon rolls 34-14
Johnny Moxen
I say (along with others in this thread) that Vernon will will this game.
Z motion 10 out on 2, not such a big piece for you since u were just supporting your team
VWG
I am not downplaying Vernon. They should roll Clyde.
snydertiger2010
im pullin on vernon for this one
lion75 a BIG piece for you, and heres some 2nds (just because I dont like you)
Roll'em up
I expect them to beat Clyde
VERNONLION#1 same size piece as Z motion
Texasfootball2
If I was a betting man I would say Vernon in this
TripleH
I pick Vernon over Clyde by 13.
LH Panther Mom
Vernon takes this one
BIG T 79 same size as Z and #1

KTA
09-29-2007, 12:54 AM
CC do you know the results of DBL's games thus far?

Cameron Crazy
09-29-2007, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! Jake Holub!!! I got so tired of hearing his name that night we played Graham!!:D Everyone needs to get ready to hear it some more. He is a train, havent seen anyone who can stop him this year.

KTA
09-29-2007, 12:58 AM
did u see the way he stiff armed that guy on his first LONG TD :clap:

KTA
09-29-2007, 12:59 AM
and all of those broken tackles on his 2nd LONG TD, I thought he was going to go down twice on that run

Cameron Crazy
09-29-2007, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by KTA
did u see the way he stiff armed that guy on his first LONG TD :clap: Hey, he has been doing it all year. He is a haus. The whole team played great tonight.

I have no clue about Dallas Bishop at the moment, I have heard that they do not have as much talent as they did last year. But you never know from a private school who can recruit.

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2007, 01:06 AM
What are you so happy about? You're not even a Clyde fan.

KTA
09-29-2007, 01:07 AM
I know hes been doing it all year long BUT it seems like hes starting to see the field more now. Hes making cuts he didnt make at the first of the year.

KTA
09-29-2007, 01:15 AM
nm I found it

August 31 7:30 PM Dallas Jesuit Away L 14- 38
September 7 7:30 PM Plano Prestonwood Home W 34 -7
September 14 7:30 PM Highland Park Away L 56 - 0
September 21 7:30 PM Arlington Grace Prep Home W 21- 9

lakers
09-29-2007, 02:22 AM
KTA, great job, u stuck with Clyde and they came up big...Now maybe people will pay a little more attention to what you post...

mchavez
09-29-2007, 03:50 AM
I'm not a vernon fan nor a graham fan, but it seems to me that graham talks a lot of smack. I hardly ever get on this website anymore but i can't help to comment on the graham steers. Do ya'll have anything better to do but sit behind a computer talking trash all day? I guess not! How about ya'll shut up! If any one of the teams have bragging rights it should be vernon! How many playoffs have ya'll won these days? Ok so you want to bring up "we beat vernon every year", who cares!! Do they give away a trophy for beating a rival? NO!! The only trophies they give away are region, bi-district, area, etc.. Something graham doesn't have since they can't win a playoff game!! However, Vernon seems to win playoffs every year. So if you want to brag about being a better team wait until November 2nd, or win a playoff game! I can't wait till the lions slaughter the steers! BTW, ya'll are called the steers, enough said!! Ya'll suck!!

necks_c/09
09-29-2007, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by KTA
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc164/KTA_KTA_KTA/Crow20Pie.jpg

Hate to say I told you so (no I dont :D ) but I TOLD YOU SO!!!

That 12-0 Graham W looks alot more impressive now dont it ill take my share even though im not from there but i did say vernon would handle clyde....

if u have some ill take it for the columbus needville game as well.....

necks_c/09
09-29-2007, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by mchavez
I'm not a vernon fan nor a graham fan, but it seems to me that graham talks a lot of smack. I hardly ever get on this website anymore but i can't help to comment on the graham steers. Do ya'll have anything better to do but sit behind a computer talking trash all day? I guess not! How about ya'll shut up! If any one of the teams have bragging rights it should be vernon! How many playoffs have ya'll won these days? Ok so you want to bring up "we beat vernon every year", who cares!! Do they give away a trophy for beating a rival? NO!! The only trophies they give away are region, bi-district, area, etc.. Something graham doesn't have since they can't win a playoff game!! However, Vernon seems to win playoffs every year. So if you want to brag about being a better team wait until November 2nd, or win a playoff game! I can't wait till the lions slaughter the steers! BTW, ya'll are called the steers, enough said!! Ya'll suck!! hmmmm

who "peed" in your kix?

(still like that quote, just making it a little more conservative :D )

Lion92
09-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by mchavez
I'm not a vernon fan nor a graham fan, but it seems to me that graham talks a lot of smack. I hardly ever get on this website anymore but i can't help to comment on the graham steers. Do ya'll have anything better to do but sit behind a computer talking trash all day? I guess not! How about ya'll shut up! If any one of the teams have bragging rights it should be vernon! How many playoffs have ya'll won these days? Ok so you want to bring up "we beat vernon every year", who cares!! Do they give away a trophy for beating a rival? NO!! The only trophies they give away are region, bi-district, area, etc.. Something graham doesn't have since they can't win a playoff game!! However, Vernon seems to win playoffs every year. So if you want to brag about being a better team wait until November 2nd, or win a playoff game! I can't wait till the lions slaughter the steers! BTW, ya'll are called the steers, enough said!! Ya'll suck!!

I hope KTA is around in November when Graham folds as usual, but like alot of these kinds of posters he will probably run and hide until next year and then talk smack all over again.

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2007, 09:49 AM
I'm still trying to see how thinking one team will win over another 1) makes me a "FAN" and 2) earns me some crow. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

KTA
09-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Something graham doesn't have since they can't win a playoff game!!

Your exactly right, we magically showed up and got beat in the 3rd rd. Those first 2 games we lost the other teams just decided they didnt want to play anymore:rolleyes:

What are you so happy about? You're not even a Clyde fan

I know your not, but it goes in the category of "HA I told you so heres your crow"

I hope KTA is around in November when Graham folds as usual, but like alot of these kinds of posters he will probably run and hide until next year and then talk smack all over again

Are you serious? It seems like you guys are the ones who bail out until next year (except you Z)

KTA
All-District

Member #: 5301

+ I used to only read on this site, when the pig went down I transfered over here.

Lion92
Practice Squad

Member #: 7011

Only 119 posts between last season and this season? Whos the one who went into hiding?

Yall lost and decided you couldnt beat Clyde so you decide to gang up and try to attack me for me telling yall all week to not underestimate Clyde. Heres the facts...I was right, you were wrong....live with it.

grmfan93
09-29-2007, 12:01 PM
how about cody parilla at the end....i have never seen him run that well

RedWhiteBlue
09-29-2007, 01:08 PM
I am so proud of Jake for his efforts this season. He is playing so well. But he couldn't do it without the rest of the team, either. Our Steers are bringing it!!! Dallas Bishop Lynch is good. Don't plan for it to be your regular easy homecoming game. We want our boys to be ready and not be looking for a 'walk in the park'.....

KTA
09-29-2007, 02:31 PM
how about cody parilla at the end....i have never seen him run that well

Granted it was at the end of the game, he still made a couple of nice runs....I was hoping he would get into the endzone:(

Yeah I was reading DCTF and seen DBL have 3 HUGE OL. But they really havent played extremely well this year....reguardless we are going to have to play good football to win this game.

VWG
09-29-2007, 03:45 PM
I will take a piece, I thought Vernon would roll Clyde.

I admit though..... Graham fans don't wear y'alls arms out patting yourself on the back so much. District hasn't started yet, and that Vernon loss could be a good thing for the Lions. Kinda like that Hirschi loss last year for the Steers. Know what I mean?

I said it in another post.... it's not where you start, it's where you finish. The wins and losses don't mean squat until district rolls around.

necks_c/09
09-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by VWG
The wins and losses don't mean squat until district rolls around. ill have to agree....

(1-3) overall but in district were (1-0) and that looks much better

Big Papa
09-30-2007, 12:03 AM
i wouldnt think a person picking one team over another would mean them having to eat crow...unless that person was talking alot..then they would deserve it...but just for picking a team...please

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2007, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Big Papa
i wouldnt think a person picking one team over another would mean them having to eat crow...unless that person was talking alot..then they would deserve it...but just for picking a team...please
Well, it should be obvious that neither you nor I have a clue what constitutes having to "eat crow". ;)

Dominicfrank
10-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Vernon turned it over 7 times. If we cut that in half does Clyde win? NO. Take the all away as we roll like I said we would. However, we did make them and we did lose. Clyde is not a better team and Vernon is not overrated. Vernon will go deep, Graham will lose early, and so will Clyde. Same thing every year. Vernon hasnt won district in a long time. Coaches better make sure they learn from their mistakes like they did last year or we dont make the playoffs. Turn it over 7 time to any team in 3A and you lose. Even again Iown PArk or Hirschi this year. be careful !

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-01-2007, 01:19 PM
I was out of town (at the OSU/Sam Houston game) so I have not had a chance to eat my crow pie. Yuck!

Even the small piece tasted bad.

My thoughts on the game:

I knew Clyde would come to play -- they have played us close every year. They have a better team than I thought prior to seeing them...I have not seen them play this year or seen any film of them.

They have a good running game. They called several screens that worked well. Screen to the left and screen to the right! The coaching was good as they kept calling them all night. Vernon, never really stopped that. The QB avoided pressure and scrambled well. The line did a good job of blocking.

Vernon gave Clyde 21 points. That is no secret, but it is also part of the game. I mean they gave them the opportunity for 21 points which the Bulldogs took full advantage of. The interception with 15 seconds left in the half then the back to back fumbles.

Vernon did not give the game to Clyde, but they did give away 21 points. Clyde played a lot better football than Vernon did especially in the second half. Vernon was shut out in the second half.

From what I saw Clyde was a better team. You just can't give away two fumbles back to back especially after forcing a punt from Clyde's end of the field. That was just bad football play.

Clyde really won the game when they stopped Vernon's offense. The 4th down was critical for Vernon, they had to get several inches. Could not do it. Clyde won the game by a great offensive performance, rolled up first downs, not very many penalties. But the game rested on the bulldog defense which was stellar in the second half. Congrats to a great defensive performance and the win should have been and was Clyde's.

The only way I think any of us Vernon folks could say we should have won if it wasn't for all the turnovers is to take care of business -- get into the playoffs and hope for a rematch. Until then Clyde is the better team.

Congrats go out to the Bulldogs, I was impressed with your win over us.

Z~

DaHop72
10-01-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I was out of town (at the OSU/Sam Houston game) so I have not had a chance to eat my crow pie. Yuck!

Even the small piece tasted bad.

My thoughts on the game:

I knew Clyde would come to play -- they have played us close every year. They have a better team than I thought prior to seeing them...I have not seen them play this year or seen any film of them.

They have a good running game. They called several screens that worked well. Screen to the left and screen to the right! The coaching was good as they kept calling them all night. Vernon, never really stopped that. The QB avoided pressure and scrambled well. The line did a good job of blocking.

Vernon gave Clyde 21 points. That is no secret, but it is also part of the game. I mean they gave them the opportunity for 21 points which the Bulldogs took full advantage of. The interception with 15 seconds left in the half then the back to back fumbles.

Vernon did not give the game to Clyde, but they did give away 21 points. Clyde played a lot better football than Vernon did especially in the second half. Vernon was shut out in the second half.

From what I saw Clyde was a better team. You just can't give away two fumbles back to back especially after forcing a punt from Clyde's end of the field. That was just bad football play.

Clyde really won the game when they stopped Vernon's offense. The 4th down was critical for Vernon, they had to get several inches. Could not do it. Clyde won the game by a great offensive performance, rolled up first downs, not very many penalties. But the game rested on the bulldog defense which was stellar in the second half. Congrats to a great defensive performance and the win should have been and was Clyde's.

The only way I think any of us Vernon folks could say we should have won if it wasn't for all the turnovers is to take care of business -- get into the playoffs and hope for a rematch. Until then Clyde is the better team.

Congrats go out to the Bulldogs, I was impressed with your win over us.

Z~ :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Eating crow with class, take any notes Frankie?

Congrats again to Whitney Z, I know you were one proud father.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

lakers
10-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Well put Z, showin some class...
unlike frankie...:mad:

Dominicfrank
10-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by lakers
Well put Z, showin some class...
unlike frankie...:mad: I assume I am Frankie. Z motion is a great fan and makes good points. I guess I should chocolate coat my posts becuase we both said the same thing. Vernon gave Cylde most of their points and our own stupid mistakes is what beat us. She throws in the "better team" probably because she knows Clyde gets beat probably in their next 3-4 games and can look back and still be nicey nice with you guys. Oh well, we all have our ways.

lakers
10-02-2007, 05:33 PM
No not really, all you want to do is make excuses.

KTA
10-02-2007, 06:41 PM
and when did he turn into a she?

lakers
10-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by KTA
and when did he turn into a she?
Good point.
Z is definitely a middle-aged man, with a bald head, trust me I know. What do you think a girl would be the only person to show respect after a loss??? Get over your self...

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
I assume I am Frankie. Z motion is a great fan and makes good points. I guess I should chocolate coat my posts becuase we both said the same thing. Vernon gave Cylde most of their points and our own stupid mistakes is what beat us. She throws in the "better team" probably because she knows Clyde gets beat probably in their next 3-4 games and can look back and still be nicey nice with you guys. Oh well, we all have our ways.

I won't sugar coat it. Clyde whipped us. I hope that we can get it together and make a run at the district championship, get into the playoffs and get another shot at them. But last Friday we were whipped 39-21 and shut out in the second half.

Ok, how is that.

I love my Lions and I think we regroup this week. We have a good test against Breck.

Oh and I am no where close to being a young girl.
http://www.cameron.edu/~harrison/index_files/harrisonwatts041407.JPG

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Ok, ok easy on the compliments...I know I clean up well!!!!

lostaussie
10-02-2007, 08:47 PM
I won't sugar coat it. Clyde whipped us. I hope that we can get it together and make a run at the district championship, get into the playoffs and get another shot at them. But last Friday we were whipped 39-21 and shut out in the second half.

Ok, how is that.

I love my Lions and I think we regroup this week. We have a good test against Breck.

http://www.cameron.edu/~harrison/index_files/harrisonwatts041407.JPG z you are too hot.............G2 told me to let you know:D

DaHop72
10-02-2007, 08:57 PM

http://www.cameron.edu/~harrison/index_files/harrisonwatts041407.JPG http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5844/hystericalbq8.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5844/hystericalbq8.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5844/hystericalbq8.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5844/hystericalbq8.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Dominicfrank
10-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Easy now fella's. Always assumed Z motion was a mother of a player, guess I have a few names mixed from other boards. NO offense Z Motion. I understand trying to play nice with these guys on here but I have too much pride to let someone from Clyde tell me their team is better when we all now they are not. Clyde has never been more than the town the Hawk brother's went to high school. Never a football town and hasnt earned one dime of football respect as far as I am concerned. Vernon has tradition and results which I stand up for. 7 TO's makes makes whoever on the other side is look good. Vernon might lose the rest of their games but it wont be for lack of talent which they had 500% more of than Clyde.

PlayaJBiehl20
10-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Easy now fella's. Always assumed Z motion was a mother of a player, guess I have a few names mixed from other boards. NO offense Z Motion. I understand trying to play nice with these guys on here but I have too much pride to let someone from Clyde tell me their team is better when we all now they are not. Clyde has never been more than the town the Hawk brother's went to high school. Never a football town and hasnt earned one dime of football respect as far as I am concerned. Vernon has tradition and results which I stand up for. 7 TO's makes makes whoever on the other side is look good. Vernon might lose the rest of their games but it wont be for lack of talent which they had 500% more of than Clyde.

Yes, Vernon has way more tradition then Clyde, but every team had to start a tradition some time, we have a new coach starting a tradition. And I guess the 7 turnovers had nothing to do with Clydes defense. I respect Z motion, for simply being a class act. And to sit here and say that Vernon has the better team is a non-point. The game is over, lose with class, win with class, but don't talk trash after you lose.