PDA

View Full Version : Needville 21 Columbus 24! WHAT A GAME!!

IHStangFan
09-28-2007, 10:43 PM
MAN....this one was a nail-biter to the very end!! Columbus jumped out 14-0 early. Needville comes back and makes it 13-14. Columbus looking to score right before the half, Needville picks the ball and returns it about 92 yds to about the 2 yd line when time expires in the half. Columbus has the ball the entire 3rd Q and makes it 21-13. Needville then drives and makes it 19-21 and gets the 2pt conv. w/ 38 seconds left to tie it up. OT. Needville throws a pick and Columbus takes over. Columbus takes over drives to the 2yd line of Needvile...2nd down...they fumble. Needville got the ball to start OT, so Columbus gets the ball again after the fumble. Columbus goes down and kicks a 45 yd field goal that hits the cross bar and rolls over...its good. Needville gets the ball Columbus D almost causes a fumble. Sacks the QB on 4down...game over...WOW!! 24-21 Columbus wins. For anyone who was wondering...Columbus is for real. They are HUGE up front on both sides of the ball...esp. the O line. That line opened u p huge holes for the RBs who looked very good. MAN what a game!! Congrats to the Cardinals..welcome back.

IHStangFan
09-28-2007, 10:45 PM
crap....forgot to add to the title...they went to 2OT.

KingRob
09-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Wow! Sounds exciting! What a surprise from Columbus. I really thought Needville would handle them.

Great game by both teams!:clap:

IHStangFan
09-28-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
Wow! Sounds exciting! What a surprise from Columbus. I really thought Needville would handle them.

Great game by both teams!:clap: I've been saying it...been putting Columbus in my top 25 and everyone has been laughing at me :( Columbus DESTROYED Halletsville (yes..I realize theyre 2A...but Halletsville beat #2 ranked Refugio a few weeks ago right?)

Columbus looked very impressive. They played a much better game than the score reflects...Needville couldnt really get totally on track vs. their big O and D lines all night long. Columbus has some big boys up front and lost of speed in the backfield.

KingRob
09-28-2007, 10:58 PM
No, Halletsville almost beat Refugio, but I believe they lost 32 -30, or something like that.

Halletsvile is one tough 2A school. So, Columbus stays undefeated, right?

Who does Needville play next?

necks_c/09
09-28-2007, 10:58 PM
what.........?

no way... dang... ill give em a lil credit now....

KingRob
09-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Okay, I see in your sig that Needville plays Sweeny next. I'll have to read up on how Sweeny is playing before I give my nod!:D

IHStangFan
09-28-2007, 11:01 PM
No, Halletsville almost beat Refugio, but I believe they lost 32 -30, or something like that.

Who does Needville play next? yup...Columbus is 4-0. They have Sealy next and it will be Columbus' homecoming.

Old Green
09-28-2007, 11:09 PM

Who does Needville play next? Actually the Refugio- Hville game ended 35-34 Refugio with Hville on the Bobcat 4yd line as time expired.

IHStangFan
09-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Actually the Refugio- Hville game ended 35-34 Refugio with Hville on the Bobcat 4yd line as time expired. ah..okay...but still...my point is made. Halletsville is no slouch.... :p

zebrablue2
09-29-2007, 01:21 AM
congrats to the cardinals. didn't think they would beat the jays. columbus is back..

Bellville22
09-29-2007, 02:00 AM
Congrats to the Cards! Keep it rollin'.

IHStangFan
09-29-2007, 03:41 AM
I was able to get off a couple of pictures before the camera's batteries crapped out.

bout to get this game started!
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/Jays1.jpg

Hajek busting loose!
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/Jays4.jpg

T. Wilkerson and the Jays:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/Jays3.jpg

Wilkerson kicking off, he does it all!
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/Jays2.jpg

necks_c/09
09-29-2007, 07:05 AM
nice pics,

do u have statistics for this game, maybe give a lil insight on columbus' team....?

who are their best players.... what do they do well?

that kinda thing

wookinpanub
09-29-2007, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
yup...Columbus is 4-0. They have Sealy next and it will be Columbus' homecoming.

Great to the Cards have re-emerged as a contender. Good people.

Go Big Red!

CheerMom
09-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Didn't the Cards do this without their starting QB? Heard he was out 6-8 weeks with a broken hand.....is this right? And a special congrats to the Strauss boy....I know his parents well.

Well anyway, congrats on the W, I would have never imagined it happening. Good luck to both teams throughout the rest of district.

necks_c/09
09-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by CheerMom
Didn't the Cards do this without their starting QB? Heard he was out 6-8 weeks with a broken hand.....is this right? woah, i havnt heard anything about this....

if this is true, then columbus must be really good to beat needville with 2nd string qb.....

IHStangFan
09-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
woah, i havnt heard anything about this....

if this is true, then columbus must be really good to beat needville with 2nd string qb..... lets see...what do they do well.....they tackle VERY well. They run the ball VERY well...their O line is enormous! Yes...I believe they did this w/ a backup QB...but not liked that played any part....they ran the ball...when they DID try to pass it...Needville picked it off..and they only tried once. Their running game is effective enough, they didn't really have to worry about going to the air too much. Their kicking game is good as well. Kid hit a 45 yard FG to win the game in double OT.

necks_c/09
09-29-2007, 11:44 AM
lets see...what do they do well.....they tackle VERY well. They run the ball VERY well...their O line is enormous! Yes...I believe they did this w/ a backup QB...but not liked that played any part....they ran the ball...when they DID try to pass it...Needville picked it off..and they only tried once. Their running game is effective enough, they didn't really have to worry about going to the air too much. Their kicking game is good as well. Kid hit a 45 yard FG to win the game in double OT. thanks....

so whats the deal with the passing game...

they only run it?

kinda similar to lh?

How was the field position battle?

punting?

and do they have any game breakers... d-1 kinda athletes?

IHStangFan
09-29-2007, 11:48 AM
thanks....

so whats the deal with the passing game...

they only run it?

kinda similar to lh?

How was the field position battle?

punting?

and do they have any game breakers... d-1 kinda athletes? again...their entire O-line...that's what makes that team tick. They had about 3 different guys in the backfield for them...all looked impressive...but the one that stuck out was #23...fast as greased all crap....could dart around...he was impressive. They can kick, they can punt..kid's got a leg. Didn't get a real good look at their passing game...as they only threw it once that I can remember and we picked it off and returned it 90something yards. They're good..lets just say that...they're for real.

necks_c/09
09-29-2007, 11:51 AM
again...their entire O-line...that's what makes that team tick. They had about 3 different guys in the backfield for them...all looked impressive...but the one that stuck out was #23...fast as greased all crap....could dart around...he was impressive. They can kick, they can punt..kid's got a leg. Didn't get a real good look at their passing game...as they only threw it once that I can remember and we picked it off and returned it 90something yards. They're good..lets just say that...they're for real. thanks for the info...

again, i said i would give em love if they beat yall...

never in a hundred years did i think this would happen but i show em some love in my top 25 now....

Who knew b4 this season got kicked off that columbus would be good?

do u know who columbus plays next?

IHStangFan
09-29-2007, 11:53 AM
thanks for the info...

again, i said i would give em love if they beat yall...

never in a hundred years did i think this would happen but i show em some love in my top 25 now....

Who knew b4 this season got kicked off that columbus would be good?

do u know who columbus plays next? yeah..no kidding. But yup..they're big, they're fast, they execute very well, they tackle very well, their kicking game is good, etc. etc. They were impressive. They have Sealy next if I'm not mistaken.

necks_c/09
09-29-2007, 11:55 AM
were playin in stafford next week..

where are the jays playin?

oh and was that game in columbus?

IHStangFan
09-29-2007, 11:59 AM
were playin in stafford next week..

where are the jays playin?

oh and was that game in columbus? yall should handle Stafford. I admit....I didn't give WC enough credit, and I kinda half way knew in the back of my mind..."yeah..they've had losses but they've been tough losses" I thought yall might give Sweeny a good game, but I didn't want to admit it, LOL....and now I stand corrected. I'm not sure if Columbus plays IN Sealy next week or not. We played them here in Needville. Next week is Sweeny at Sweeny for the Jays.

necks_c/09
09-29-2007, 12:01 PM
yall should handle Stafford. I admit....I didn't give WC enough credit, and I kinda half way knew in the back of my mind..."yeah..they've had losses but they've been tough losses" I thought yall might give Sweeny a good game, but I didn't want to admit it, LOL....and now I stand corrected. I'm not sure if Columbus plays IN Sealy next week or not. We played them here in Needville. Next week is Sweeny at Sweeny for the Jays. thanks, but what i was really getting at was..

was that game last night in columbus or needville?

b/c homefield has a big effect.... now if it was on the ville's turf..... thats a testament to columbus

oh nvm.... i just saw that u posted that yall played in needville....

more props to columbus for winning in a tough environment

IHStangFan
09-29-2007, 12:04 PM
thanks, but what i was really getting at was..

was that game last night in columbus or needville?

b/c homefield has a big effect.... now if it was on the ville's turf..... thats a testament to columbus yeah..the game was in Needville last night. There's no way around it, they looked very good, they outplayed us..even moreso than the score showed. We were streaky at best last night. We didn't every really find a groove last night..and part of that had to do w/ the excellent play of Columbus' O and D lines. They will no doubt give most everyone in district fits.

necks_c/09
09-29-2007, 12:12 PM
yeah..the game was in Needville last night. There's no way around it, they looked very good, they outplayed us..even moreso than the score showed. We were streaky at best last night. We didn't every really find a groove last night..and part of that had to do w/ the excellent play of Columbus' O and D lines. They will no doubt give most everyone in district fits. no doubt....
and ur a class act for taking the loss like a man...

i could learn something there....lol

and we have to play in columbus when we play them.......

IHStangFan
09-29-2007, 12:15 PM
no doubt....
and ur a class act for taking the loss like a man...

i could learn something there....lol

and we have to play in columbus when we play them....... thanks. I am trying to take the approach of "call it how I see it rather than be a huge homer" It was my 3ADL New Year's resolution, LOL. :D I'm gonna keep an eye on them and their progress. They should do well.

necks_c/09
09-29-2007, 12:19 PM
thanks. I am trying to take the approach of "call it how I see it rather than be a huge homer" It was my 3ADL New Year's resolution, LOL. :D I'm gonna keep an eye on them and their progress. They should do well. I think Columbus is quickly making a name for themselves in 24-3a after being rather quiet lately.....

maybe picking up the slack from wharton....

should be some great district games....

Well, on the homer part, i cant help it....:D

oh and do u know if Columbus is young or what?

alot of seniors?

we dont want to have to deal with them next year...

carter08
09-29-2007, 12:31 PM
I think i might go to that Needville/ Sweeny game next week.

necks_c/09
09-29-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I think i might go to that Needville/ Sweeny game next week. Needville will win easily....(i said that about columbus too)

im goin to stafford...

scotty
09-29-2007, 07:54 PM
This is the third year Coach Brent Mascheck is head man in Columbus and they took their limps 1-9 and 3-7. There are 25 seniors on the team who remember those losses and have a right to enjoy what's happening now. This sort of thing can begin to snowball and maybe it has.

tigerpride_08
09-29-2007, 08:06 PM
wow...i am shocked to hear this...Columbus just put themselves as the top contender in the district...:eek: