PDA

View Full Version : Wylie 36 - Frenship 7 4th qt

luvhoops34
09-28-2007, 10:13 PM

wyliegrad04
09-28-2007, 10:16 PM
good game by Wylie, just left the game ...

did anyone hear/see the Frenship team complain about the Wylie band?

luvhoops34
09-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Is that the final score?

wildstangs
09-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Impressive win for Wylie. Frenship is no slouch. What was the complaint about the Bulldog band?

thewyliefan
09-29-2007, 12:36 AM
i was at the game and i didnt notice any complaint or anything. but i left when it was 36-0. were they too loud or something?

Scrambler
09-29-2007, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by wyliegrad04
good game by Wylie, just left the game ...

did anyone hear/see the Frenship team complain about the Wylie band?

Frenship was trying to drive after a long kickoff return. The Frenship QB called a timeout while the band was playing loud, and the next play the QB backed off from center and tapped the side of his helmet. I guess he was signalling he couldn't hear or there was too much noise. The officials had discussion with both sides (I think). There were no announcements and I don't know if anything was said to the band. However, the next play the band did not play but the crowd made even more noise. Frenship turned the ball over on downs around the Wylie 10 and the Bulldogs dominated from then on. Wylie turned their game up several notches against Frenship.

thewyliefan
09-29-2007, 01:56 AM
hmm....i didnt know you could make a band stop playing because you cant hear, if that was the case of course. if so thats stupid its texas football, you should expect it.

injuredinmelee
09-29-2007, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
hmm....i didnt know you could make a band stop playing because you cant hear, if that was the case of course. if so thats stupid its texas football, you should expect it.

thats part of the game. What a candy stripped pantie wearing coach to complain about that.
Props to Mike LUnney, Director of the Pure Gold Band, and former Iowa Park Hawk.

3afan
09-29-2007, 09:43 AM
if the band was in the stands then too bad, if they were getting ready for half time and were on the track or beyond the endzone then the officials could shut 'em up .......... at least thats how it was explained to me after an incident like that during a Cove/Woodlands playoff game in the Astrodome a while back

VAMike ?!?!?!?

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
I actually remember reading something not too long ago about penalties being assessed for "noise". :doh: :doh: I'll see if I can find it again.

thewyliefan
09-29-2007, 11:52 AM
alrighty, thanks