www.kmacsports.com

duckpluck
09-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Almost game time.

LH Panther Mom
09-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by duckpluck
Any last thoughts on game?

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/blitz007.gifhttp://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/flash1.gifhttp://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/blitz2.gif

pirate4state
09-28-2007, 05:49 PM
good luck panthers !!!!!!!!!

wimbo_pro
09-28-2007, 07:23 PM
The broadcasting fools dont know they are on the air during commercials!!! Too funny!!!!!

alaskacat
09-28-2007, 07:48 PM
LH is gonna have to buckle up or they wot get the chance for a rematch with /celina...this dont seem to be as good a team as last year for LH

kof96
09-28-2007, 07:49 PM
They are better than celina.Celinas D line is not very good.

TexanAlum_06
09-28-2007, 07:50 PM
so they say we are up 3-0. what happened? did we receive the opening kickoff or did LH and we just stopped them?

alaskacat
09-28-2007, 07:51 PM
3-0 wimberly with a 32 yard fg 3:42 left i first

alaskacat
09-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by kof96
They are better than celina.Celinas D line is not very good.

Aaah but it is young and it is early in the year..hide and watch

TexanAlum_06
09-28-2007, 07:55 PM
the broadcast is really pissing me off. its cutting in and out!

alaskacat
09-28-2007, 08:00 PM
yeah me too I am up here in Alaska listening, all out teams play tomorrow afternoon, and are in the playoffs already next week

JJ7997
09-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Anything happening ?

TexanAlum_06
09-28-2007, 08:02 PM
idk the broadcast sucks. anybody know of any other internet broadcasts? or an austin radio station broadcast?

alaskacat
09-28-2007, 08:05 PM
7-3 LH in 2d

wimbo_pro
09-28-2007, 08:20 PM
This has got to be the worst internet broadcast I have ever heard. Good Lord....

wimbo_pro
09-28-2007, 08:26 PM
These guys scream when there is something exciting going on...cant understand a word of it. This is truly sad.

Global Swarming
09-28-2007, 08:27 PM
7-3 Liberty Hill at halftime.

TexanAlum_06
09-28-2007, 08:29 PM
7-3 LH at halftime. From what i heard We have driven into LH's redzone twice but cant punch it in or we turn the ball over. our Defense is holding up so far. I just hope we can hang on till the 4th so we might have a chance.

kof96
09-28-2007, 09:33 PM
LH-21 Wimberly-10

footballgal
09-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Wow this game is ALOT closer than I thought it would be.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Not anymore...35-10...we have ZERO passing game when it counts.

TexanAlum_06
09-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Wimberley QB throws back to back INT's in 2 plays... Great Job!:clap:

TexanAlum_06
09-28-2007, 09:54 PM
This was a lot closer then I expected. I will say good job to our guys. they played hard. and stayed in the game until the 4th qaurter. Was Surprised that LH didnt score more. Maybe our defense isnt to shabby? who knows. for the most part seemed like a good hard fought game! Already cant wait till next year when LH comes to town!

wimbo_pro
09-28-2007, 09:57 PM
LH's just too strong...and we are just too weak offensively. I am proud of our defense though...you cant expect any defense to hold LH in check all game with no offense to give them pause. You will have to bring both to beat LH.

TexanAlum_06
09-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Yeah thats true. I think we are finally starting to come around on both sides. we have absolutely no Running game but they are improving and have really made strides in the last 3 weeks. IDK how good Abilene Wylie is and Cypress Wood. but I think we can finish 5-0 the rest of the season. and we will worry about the playoffs later.

footballgal
09-28-2007, 10:06 PM
yeap that's something to be proud of, look how man points they put on Cuero. 49 was it?

So was that the final score?

29-3aFAN
09-28-2007, 10:33 PM
dunno

JT44
09-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Heard a RUMOR that LH had about 7 suspended players, what's the word in LH?

Leopards,class of 75
09-28-2007, 10:36 PM
What was the final score in this football game???

LH Panther Mom
09-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by JT44
Heard a RUMOR that LH had about 7 suspended players, what's the word in LH?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Nope....

TexanAlum_06
09-28-2007, 10:44 PM
I kinda chuckled when I heard on the broadcast what Clayton walker did at halftime. It definately wasnt the right thing to do and im sure the coaches didnt approve and he will make up for it after practice but I just found it kinda funny because I could picture him doing something like that.

Daddy D 11
09-28-2007, 11:28 PM
ya it was pretty pathetic..he looked like a complete idiot, so did the whole team :clap:

TexanAlum_06
09-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Thats what im saying.... I coudl picture clayton doing something liek that and lookin prety stupid at the same time. lol.

Daddy D 11
09-28-2007, 11:35 PM
haha to be honest, right when he threw it down and the whole team was going nuts like apes haha it was pretty intimidating :clap:

but then they kept yellin and flexing their muscles lol and everyone was just like "wow"

but.. i laughed considering i used to block right next to him in middle school :cool: we were beasts...

LHPfactory
09-28-2007, 11:42 PM
Wimberly put up a good fight, they are better than their record for sure. If they keep improving , I beleive they will win the rest of regular season. I bet they win a few play off games as well, maybe make to a game with Cuero, that will be where it will end though.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Clayton was wrong to do that in LH's house. It was a stupid and classless thing to do...you can be sure most if not all of the Wimberley fans are embarrassed by that act. He will hear about it from the coaches, I am sure.

Daddy D 11
09-28-2007, 11:51 PM
he wasnt the only one out there :rolleyes:

LHPfactory
09-28-2007, 11:51 PM
I was taking my kids to the bathroom, what happened that I missed?

LHPfactory
09-29-2007, 12:00 AM
oh, you must be talking about the mid field meeting , i did see that , didnt work, I didnt see what was thrown down? what was it?

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2007, 12:14 AM
Too bad the Texans didn't have more fan support. I kind of felt bad for the lack of fans. They still fought hard to the end.

I guess the worst thing about playing against an ex-teammate would be them knowing the QB cadence and calling it out repeatedly throughout the game. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Isn't that illegal? :thinking:

Great job, Panthers! Nice to see Gavin share quite a bit of time with Lattimore, both filling in for Troxell. GREAT job by the defense on getting the two interceptions, one for TD! And the red-zone D looked good! :clap: :clap:

TexanAlum_06
09-29-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
haha to be honest, right when he threw it down and the whole team was going nuts like apes haha it was pretty intimidating :clap:

but then they kept yellin and flexing their muscles lol and everyone was just like "wow"

but.. i laughed considering i used to block right next to him in middle school :cool: we were beasts...

Yeah CWALK sometimes doesnt think things through.... hahah... yeah he is a beast... he gets bigger everytime I see him. yeah the team will run some extra sprints for that skit..... but I still would of loved to have seen it. lol

gold_33
09-29-2007, 01:06 AM
Good game, exactly how i thought it was gonna be. Our D played strong but lack of support on offense kept them out of the game. I will say this though I thought it was gonna be worse and I thought the game was played closer than the final score. We lack the big playmaker that we need to be a contender, our D is good enough but when your constantly going on the field every 2-3 min and staying out there for a 7-8 min drive you get wore down and thats when they took advantage. The play calling on offense and defense was horrible imo, you cant run these 2-3yd pass plays every down without trying to stretch the field eventually and when its 3rd and 2 i didnt understand why we have our LB's 4yds deep and not on the line when you know there running it right up the gut cause they did it every time and we never tried to blitz and make a play in the backfield like years past. Its no surprise what LH is gonna do run,run, run, and then maybe a pass, not likely, but at least load it up a few times and try to make something happen. With that said my thoughts on LH was that i wasnt impressed, i know they won but they are no where near as good as last year. Our offense isnt very good and we drove down the field realitivly easy but couldnt ever punch it in. A team with a good passing game is gonna give them trouble, they shut down the run but seemed to struggle with the pass. This is all my own observation after watching the game and im trying to give yall what i see is truthful and im sure everyone will say, "well LH is 5-0 so they must be pretty good" and they are but I dont think they have what they had last year to be state champions.

Cameron Crazy
09-29-2007, 01:06 AM
LH showing that they are a legit contender.

snaxet
09-29-2007, 01:40 AM
Wimberley played LH tough. Defense is actually playing well, but were just on the field way too long. Offense still has a ways to go, a lot of missed assignments, running wrong routes, poor decisions, continued fumbles, key interceptions and failure to execute. We miss having a playmaker and that will keep us from taking it to the next level unless someone decides to step up and take charge. Nevertheless, I was very impressed with the effort that the Texans displayed. The game was certainly closer than the score indicates. After reading all of the posts as to how good LH is, there is only one word that comes to mind, "UNIMPRESSIVE". They miss Bode and certainly are not the firepower they were last year. LH is good don't get me wrong, I just expected them to be much better. Still no passing game, and it took them way too long to drive the ball for a score. A quick strike offense like Wimberley had last year would have had a field day. Good luck to LH. Texans are headed in the right direction and with the loss by LLano to Brady, Wimberley should take District, and in spite of such a brutal schedule will still have a good ending. Coach Nelms and the coaching staff deserve a lot of credit in getting the kids playing at such intensity.

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2007, 01:43 AM
For missing our starting Center AND starting HB, not to mention having TWO defensive starters playing both ways, I think we did pretty darn good. :)

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2007, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by snaxet
They miss Bode and certainly are not the firepower they were last year.
Sure we miss Bode and some others that graduated. Does Wimberley not miss Buse? Guess what! We'll miss Allman and others after this season, too. But Bode wasn't the only person on our team last year, just as Allman isn't the only one this year. The thing is we are winning without Bode. :)

necks_c/09
09-29-2007, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Sure we miss Bode and some others that graduated. Does Wimberley not miss Buse? Guess what! We'll miss Allman and others after this season, too. But Bode wasn't the only person on our team last year, just as Allman isn't the only one this year. The thing is we are winning without Bode. :) amen

snaxet
09-29-2007, 08:53 AM
That's my point we do miss Beaty, Buse, Thompson and a number of other players. Beaty and Buse were playmakers, as was Bode. I just didn't see a playmaker for LH or Wimberley. Just look at the stats, 14 first downs and 320 yards is not up to LH standards. There is no doubt that LH will keep winning. I'm just not sure they are at the same level as last year when it comes to making the state run. I do wish LH the best.

necks_c/09
09-29-2007, 09:08 AM
That's my point we do miss Beaty, Buse, Thompson and a number of other players. Beaty and Buse were playmakers, as was Bode. I just didn't see a playmaker for LH or Wimberley. Just look at the stats, 14 first downs and 320 yards is not up to LH standards. There is no doubt that LH will keep winning. I'm just not sure they are at the same level as last year when it comes to making the state run. I do wish LH the best. Whos gonna beat em...?

Nobody stands out as the clear #1 best team... its toss up....

wimbo_pro
09-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Too bad the Texans didn't have more fan support. I kind of felt bad for the lack of fans. They still fought hard to the end.

I guess the worst thing about playing against an ex-teammate would be them knowing the QB cadence and calling it out repeatedly throughout the game. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Isn't that illegal? :thinking:

Great job, Panthers! Nice to see Gavin share quite a bit of time with Lattimore, both filling in for Troxell. GREAT job by the defense on getting the two interceptions, one for TD! And the red-zone D looked good! :clap: :clap:

I think the 3 road games in a row had something to do with the attendance, not to mention the expected spanking. We travelled to Waxahachie last week, LH this week, and now Abilene next week. Tough schedule all around for the Texans this year.

Yes its illegal to call out the cadence on defense. How many times did he get flagged for it? If the answer is "none", its possible it didnt happen as much as you think. Either way, its definitely a penalty to do that, and the ref's will call it.

As far as the Panthers not being as good as last year...you cant make that assessment from this game. The Texans are not a "first tier" team as we had been the last 3 years. We are, at best, a 2nd tier team, if not 3rd tier. LH is obviously WAY up high in the 1st tier...and many high school teams play to their level of competition. Wimberley did it all the time when we were strong. Judge LH when they play other 1st teir teams, not when they play someone who is not competitive. LH beat Cuero. Dont under-rate that.

We shall see how it develops.

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2007, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I think the 3 road games in a row had something to do with the attendance, not to mention the expected spanking. We travelled to Waxahachie last week, LH this week, and now Abilene next week. Tough schedule all around for the Texans this year.

Yes its illegal to call out the cadence on defense. How many times did he get flagged for it? If the answer is "none", its possible it didnt happen as much as you think. Either way, its definitely a penalty to do that, and the ref's will call it.

As far as the Panthers not being as good as last year...you cant make that assessment from this game. The Texans are not a "first tier" team as we had been the last 3 years. We are, at best, a 2nd tier team, if not 3rd tier. LH is obviously WAY up high in the 1st tier...and many high school teams play to their level of competition. Wimberley did it all the time when we were strong. Judge LH when they play other 1st teir teams, not when they play someone who is not competitive. LH beat Cuero. Dont under-rate that.

Wimberley may be having somewhat of a "down" year, but they will still bring it when they come to the Hill.
I kind of said the same, just reverse, the other day. Rivalries will bring out the best (and sometimes the worst) in teams.

As far as the cadence, none that I'm aware. Since my son was across the line from him a big part of the night, I was going off what he told me. The players told the refs....coaches did too. Apparently, they didn't care or didn't hear it. In the end, it was just several 5-yarders that really didn't have a bearing on the game.

3afan
09-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
LH showing that they are a legit contender.

was there any doubt?

necks_c/09
09-29-2007, 09:48 AM

We shall see how it develops. atleast ur honest:)

wimbo_pro
09-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
atleast ur honest:)

Hey Neck!! Hope you are doing well these days.

necks_c/09
09-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Hey Neck!! Hope you are doing well these days. doing much better than i was weeks 0-4....lol

wins always make u feel good...lol
(especially against sweeny)

but from what i heard, wimberley aint all that bad, i was expecting a much more runaway kinda game from lh....

hope yall are doing well too.... i like to see yall do good.... even though that 62-7 put a lil sour taste in my mouth...
:D

wimbo_pro
09-29-2007, 10:17 AM
We will be OK this year...we will probably go to the play offs, and maybe win a game or two...who knows. I bet we have the toughest schedule in all 3A (or close to it) so this isnt too much of a surprise. This is the price you pay when you are re-building. It makes the good years just that much better!

Of course, I would prefer to win every year (like Cuero, WOS, etc) but you take what you are given, eh?

LHMom
09-29-2007, 10:18 AM
LH is good don't get me wrong, I just expected them to be much better. Still no passing game, and it took them way too long to drive the ball for a score. A quick strike offense like Wimberley had last year would have had a field day.

I think we see that from a different perspective. Our offense does typically make long slow drives down the field, and guess what? By late in the 3rd or start of the 4th, the opponents' defenses are whooped. That's when we start to pull away. Last night and the Cuero game are both good examples of this.

LH didn't look too impressive - particularly first half. In my opinion they were flat. Even in the stands - this didn't have the excitement in the air of the last 4-5 years LH vs. Wim.

And as for the half-time stunt - kids are kids, but it was kind of dumb when you are behind. LOL It's what an immature kid might do if up 30 points by half, as a taunting of like "hey - we're beating you on YOUR turf." As it was, he looked both immature and dumb.

So all in all - a W is a W! So congrats to the Panthers! UGH. Now we gotta wait TWO WEEKS...

necks_c/09
09-29-2007, 10:24 AM
We will be OK this year...we will probably go to the play offs, and maybe win a game or two...who knows. I bet we have the toughest schedule in all 3A (or close to it) so this isnt too much of a surprise. This is the price you pay when you are re-building. It makes the good years just that much better!

Of course, I would prefer to win every year (like Cuero, WOS, etc) but you take what you are given, eh? id love to win as much as yall....lol

im a big believer in tough non district schedules though....

ur record aint always pretty but u r prepared for anybody.....

Like us.....

we played a reasonably tough non district.... (bellville, B port, st pius)

granted we went (0-3) but we ready for Sweeny

rbwill
09-29-2007, 10:27 AM
I have watched this LH - Wimberley match up for a number of years now, and have seen each team play other teams in other games as well. This is never a typical game. It is very obvious, there is no love lost between these two teams, and towns. (I hate to say this) But, even the refs seem to call these games different. I did not think LH would run away with this game like some thought, and maybe because it was not a runaway is why some may not be impressed with the Panthers performance. In my observation of the LH team this year, is they seem to be more of a team of ONE, rather than a team with one, two, or three playmakers with brake-away plays. The bottom line is, as tight as this game may have been, The Libery Hill Panther TEAM won it scoring 35 points and holding Wimberley Texans to 10. Thats not too shabby considering the history of this match up.

necks_c/09
09-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by rbwill
I have watched this LH - Wimberley match up for a number of years now, and have seen each team play other teams in other games as well. This is never a typical game. It is very obvious, there is no love lost between these two teams, and towns. (I hate to say this) But, even the refs seem to call these games different. I did not think LH would run away with this game like some thought, and maybe because it was not a runaway is why some may not be impressed with the Panthers performance. In my observation of the LH team this year, is they seem to be more of a team of ONE, rather than a team with one, two, or three playmakers with brake-away plays. The bottom line is, as tight as this game may have been, The Libery Hill Panther TEAM won it scoring 35 points and holding Wimberley Texans to 10. Thats not too shabby considering the history of this match up. I see the same thing in Wc as you do in LH, we had playmakers b4 and if they didnt show up, we didnt win....(granted LH is a lil different in that regard)

now its more of a team effort and long mythotical drives rather than flannel or wood just bustin one for 80 yds....

we dont have those kind of gamebreakers as we used to but i see a much more of a team in this years squad.....

rundoe
09-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Wimberley played LH tough. Defense is actually playing well, but were just on the field way too long. Offense still has a ways to go, a lot of missed assignments, running wrong routes, poor decisions, continued fumbles, key interceptions and failure to execute. We miss having a playmaker and that will keep us from taking it to the next level unless someone decides to step up and take charge. Nevertheless, I was very impressed with the effort that the Texans displayed. The game was certainly closer than the score indicates. After reading all of the posts as to how good LH is, there is only one word that comes to mind, "UNIMPRESSIVE". They miss Bode and certainly are not the firepower they were last year. LH is good don't get me wrong, I just expected them to be much better. Still no passing game, and it took them way too long to drive the ball for a score. A quick strike offense like Wimberley had last year would have had a field day. Good luck to LH. Texans are headed in the right direction and with the loss by LLano to Brady, Wimberley should take District, and in spite of such a brutal schedule will still have a good ending. Coach Nelms and the coaching staff deserve a lot of credit in getting the kids playing at such intensity.

In case you have never noticed before, a BIG part of Liberty Hill's offence is too take a long time to move the ball down the field. If fact the longer the better. The third quarter drive took almost the entire quarter. That wears down defence and keeps the ball out of the hands of offences that can quick strike. Seems to work fine to me.

rundoe
09-29-2007, 11:25 AM

Fully agree with LHPM on this one. Was also very dissapointed with the meet and greet. Three LH folks, No one else.

rundoe
09-29-2007, 11:29 AM

It happened a lot!!! I talked to some of the players after the game. But the refs were confused too i guess.

rundoe
09-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Whos gonna beat em...?

Nobody stands out as the clear #1 best team... its toss up....

Explain your "Toss up". Who's in it.

GreenMachine
09-29-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by footballgal
yeap that's something to be proud of, look how man points they put on Cuero. 49 was it?

So was that the final score? They put 49 pts. on us because we didn't make any adjustments. We know the chances of meeting LH in the playoffs are good and I think the coaching staff held back. That game meant basically nothing, as we beat LH last year and they won the state championship. If we play them again, they WON'T hang 49 pts on us again.

BobcatBenny
09-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
In case you have never noticed before, a BIG part of Liberty Hill's offence is too take a long time to move the ball down the field. If fact the longer the better. The third quarter drive took almost the entire quarter. That wears down defence and keeps the ball out of the hands of offences that can quick strike. Seems to work fine to me.
I'm not sure if I am having selective memory about the championship game last year, but it seems to me that is not Liberty Hill's offensive game at all.

Liberty Hill's offensive game is to break a big play every 4th or 5th play.

Hide the ball, seal the defense at the point of attack and every once in a while, but statistically predictably or repeatedly pop a big play.

rundoe
09-29-2007, 11:38 AM
OK, I got a question. In the forth quarter of last nights game. (about 1:37 left i think)

We intercepted a pass. resulting in a turnover. Then on our first possession, we fumbled, resulting in a turnover, then in the next play, we intercepted a pass and ran it in for a touchdown. Another turnover!!!

Thats three turnovers in three consecutive plays. I can't remember having ever seen three consecutive plays that resulted in turnovers. But then again I am getting old and my memory is not what it used to be.

Anybody remember seeing this before? When? Where? More?

necks_c/09
09-29-2007, 11:41 AM
OK, I got a question. In the forth quarter of last nights game. (about 1:37 left i think)

We intercepted a pass. resulting in a turnover. Then on our first possession, we fumbled, resulting in a turnover, then in the next play, we intercepted a pass and ran it in for a touchdown. Another turnover!!!

Thats three turnovers in three consecutive plays. I can't remember having ever seen three consecutive plays that resulted in turnovers. But then again I am getting old and my memory is not what it used to be.

Anybody remember seeing this before? When? Where? More? i know in the bellville game in week 1 wc turned the ball over in some fashion on 4 consec. drives..... a total of about 6-7 plays

thats the only thing i can think of that relates at all to ur question....

rundoe
09-29-2007, 11:41 AM
Sure we miss Bode and some others that graduated. Does Wimberley not miss Buse? Guess what! We'll miss Allman and others after this season, too. But Bode wasn't the only person on our team last year, just as Allman isn't the only one this year. The thing is we are winning without Bode. :)

And in addition, Our JV won 48/24 in Wimberly the night before. We ain't done yet. This year or next.

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Hide the ball, seal the defense at the point of attack and every once in a while, but statistically predictably or repeatedly pop a big play.
When you've played a team consecutively as many years as we have Wimberley, you may see a different "game" than you would against teams that only meet occasionally. Yes, we did have a few big plays last night. But for the most part, grinding out 3-5 yard gains is what we do. It's certainly not the first time we've used almost an entire quarter to score a TD.

BobcatBenny
09-29-2007, 11:46 AM
If slowly driving the ball down the field has become Liberty Hill's offense, then I think you will have a short run in the playoffs.

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2007, 11:49 AM
If slowly driving the ball down the field has become Liberty Hill's offense, then I think you will have a short run in the playoffs.
It's not "become" our offense. Eat up the clock - it's been that way for years. When you keep the other team's offense off the field, they can't score. :p

rundoe
09-29-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure if I am having selective memory about the championship game last year, but it seems to me that is not Liberty Hill's offensive game at all.

Liberty Hill's offensive game is to break a big play every 4th or 5th play.

"Statistically" (I hate stats). Score at the end of the game is the only stat I care about.

True PANTHER BALL is drive 3 plays. First down. Drive 3 Plays First down. Drive 4 plays First down. We like to play that way.

Now occasionally, we will break the big one. But it has a lot to do with wearing out the defense on the other team. Leaves defensive players exausted by the third quarter, and especially the forth. Lots of them limping off the field last night in the forth.

rundoe
09-29-2007, 11:53 AM

Seems to be working.

rundoe
09-29-2007, 11:55 AM
i know in the bellville game in week 1 wc turned the ball over in some fashion on 4 consec. drives..... a total of about 6-7 plays

thats the only thing i can think of that relates at all to ur question....

I have seen things like that several times. But three and three? can't.

BobcatBenny
09-29-2007, 12:02 PM
It's not "become" our offense. Eat up the clock - it's been that way for years. When you keep the other team's offense off the field, they can't score. :p
That was not your offense last year with Bode.

If without him, you are just grinding it out against teams that you physically out match now, you will have your lunch handed to you when you encounter an overwhelming defense.

You lived and won on offense by statiscally and repeatedly creating big plays last year.

I think the Cuero guy could be right. I listened to the game Cuero vs. Liberty Hill game last week. If you meet again in the playoffs, LH might be in trouble. I haven't looked at your regional bracket, but that would be if you could get back to them.

Of course, if your offensive line is just dominating this year, then your offense this year is spot on.

Of course LH's defense was awesome last year too. And . . . I think, or appear to be solid this year, but it is your change to this grind it out offense that has me wondering.

rundoe
09-29-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
They put 49 pts. on us because we didn't make any adjustments. We know the chances of meeting LH in the playoffs are good and I think the coaching staff held back. That game meant basically nothing, as we beat LH last year and they won the state championship. If we play them again, they WON'T hang 49 pts on us again.

The game meant basicially nothing??????? To Who?

The coaching staff held back!!!!!! I have never heard anybody say that about Wimberley before, and I don't believe it for one minute.

As for the "WON'T hang 49 pts on us again quote".

I printed this one and hung it on my bulletin board.

rundoe
09-29-2007, 12:10 PM

If without him, you are just grinding it out against teams that you physically out match now, you will have your lunch handed to you when you encounter an overwhelming defense.

You lived and won on offense by statiscally and repeatedly creating big plays last year.

I think the Cuero guy could be right. I listened to the game Cuero vs. Liberty Hill game last week. If you meet again in the playoffs, LH might be in trouble. I haven't looked at your regional bracket, but that would be if you could get back to them.

Of course, if your offensive line is just dominating this year, then your offense this year is spot on.

Of course LH's defense was awesome last year too. And . . . I think, or appear to be solid this year, but it is your change to this grind it out offense that has me wondering.

Just keep wondering ok. I like that. Wondering =Confusion.

BobcatBenny
09-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Just keep wondering ok. I like that. Wondering =Confusion.
Certainly confusion is part of your offensive game plan and perhaps I am not just wondering. I could be wrong like I was last year.

I wish LH well. Those are just some ramblings of an often confused football fan.

rundoe
09-29-2007, 12:16 PM

Had to print this one too.

BobcatBenny
09-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Had to print this one too.
Go ahead, we can talk about it in November.

GreenMachine
09-29-2007, 12:21 PM
The game meant basicially nothing??????? To Who?

The coaching staff held back!!!!!! I have never heard anybody say that about Wimberley before, and I don't believe it for one minute.

As for the "WON'T hang 49 pts on us again quote".

I printed this one and hung it on my bulletin board. LH has a great team and deserved to win that game, BUT how many times do you see a team run the same defense the entire game when it is not working? C'mon even you are smarter than that. I am glad you hung it on your bulletin board. Why don't you print one for your refrigerator too.

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2007, 12:22 PM

You saw us play one game, is that correct? We have had plenty of big plays this year as well. For years, our offense has been grind-'em out....it's not a change. But since you seem "concerned", here you go.

Waco Connally - Gonzales 34-yd TD run; Allman 39-yd TD run
Burnet - Gonzales 44-yd TD run; Allman 45-yd TD run; Fickel 20-yd TD run
Gatesville - 194 yds passing for 3 TD's (4/9) I'm not even including the BIG rushing TD's
Cuero - Allman 28-yd TD run; Fickel 29-yd TD pass; Allman 35-yd TD run
Last night - Gonzales 30-yd TD run

Don't worry your pretty head about us. We're fine.... ;)

rundoe
09-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Certainly confusion is part of your offensive game plan and perhaps I am not just wondering. I could be wrong like I was last year.

I wish LH well. Those are just some ramblings of an often confused football fan.

Thats why I like you, Bobcat. We don't argue. We discuss.

Sometimes your right sometimes I am. Two old confused football fans, who love and support our teams. But have respect for each others programs.

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2007, 12:23 PM
He's talking about Cuero, not Wimberley. :p

BobcatBenny
09-29-2007, 12:52 PM
You saw us play one game, is that correct? We have had plenty of big plays this year as well. For years, our offense has been grind-'em out....it's not a change. But since you seem "concerned", here you go.

Waco Connally - Gonzales 34-yd TD run; Allman 39-yd TD run
Burnet - Gonzales 44-yd TD run; Allman 45-yd TD run; Fickel 20-yd TD run
Gatesville - 194 yds passing for 3 TD's (4/9) I'm not even including the BIG rushing TD's
Cuero - Allman 28-yd TD run; Fickel 29-yd TD pass; Allman 35-yd TD run
Last night - Gonzales 30-yd TD run

Don't worry your pretty head about us. We're fine.... ;)

BILLYFRED000? Did you get LHPM's password? :D

rundoe
09-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
I think we see that from a different perspective. Our offense does typically make long slow drives down the field, and guess what? By late in the 3rd or start of the 4th, the opponents' defenses are whooped. That's when we start to pull away. Last night and the Cuero game are both good examples of this.

LH didn't look too impressive - particularly first half. In my opinion they were flat. Even in the stands - this didn't have the excitement in the air of the last 4-5 years LH vs. Wim.

And as for the half-time stunt - kids are kids, but it was kind of dumb when you are behind. LOL It's what an immature kid might do if up 30 points by half, as a taunting of like "hey - we're beating you on YOUR turf." As it was, he looked both immature and dumb.

So all in all - a W is a W! So congrats to the Panthers! UGH. Now we gotta wait TWO WEEKS...

We could all drive to College Station and watch Bode, Sammy Gray and a few others of other really good players on their intermural Flag team @ A & M. I think they play again next Sunday. Gray says they are having a blast.

rundoe
09-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Go ahead, we can talk about it in November.

Thanks why i printed it. So I could remind you in November that you said it in September..

rundoe
09-29-2007, 01:14 PM
LH has a great team and deserved to win that game, BUT how many times do you see a team run the same defense the entire game when it is not working? C'mon even you are smarter than that. I am glad you hung it on your bulletin board. Why don't you print one for your refrigerator too.

Naw, Once was enough for THAT quote.

Besides, wife won't let me hang stuff on the fridge, lol. Otherwise it would be covered with football stuff, lol.

rundoe
09-29-2007, 01:17 PM

I don't believe it about Cuero either.

rundoe
09-29-2007, 01:20 PM

Lol, He drove me friggin nuts with stats last year. Hell, he was quoting stats from 1975 at one time!!!!!

I had to quit reading em. lol :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2007, 01:37 PM
:p

wimbo_pro
09-29-2007, 09:10 PM
They put 49 pts. on us because we didn't make any adjustments. We know the chances of meeting LH in the playoffs are good and I think the coaching staff held back. That game meant basically nothing, as we beat LH last year and they won the state championship. If we play them again, they WON'T hang 49 pts on us again.

It pains me to come to LH's defense (and I do mean PAINS ME)... but if you are trying to get us to believe that the Cuero coaching staff "held back" because the game means nothing now and they are looking forward to the play offs and made a strategic move in hopes of losing NOW to be able to win LATER.....

WHAAAAATTTTT?????????

That is a totally absurd theory. LH beat Cuero heads up. Cuero brought their best, LH over-powered Cuero. Using your theory, maybe LH "held back" too....it's a totally absurd theory.

Look...all I am saying is this....LH is 100% for real...Cuero (as usual) is 100% for real. LH has an offense that will flat wear you out over time...especially the 4th quarter. The ONLY reason we beat them 3 years in a row was our defense was superior to their offense in the 4th quarter....they have fixed that problem, apparently. LH defense is now for real. LH's offense is (as usual) punishing. This spells trouble for opponents.

If I were you, I would take the loss against LH as a wake up call. Dont think you held back, assume they beat your best fair and square, and adjust for the next meeting. Thats the only way you will beat them deep in the play offs.

rundoe
09-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
This was a lot closer then I expected. I will say good job to our guys. they played hard. and stayed in the game until the 4th qaurter. Was Surprised that LH didnt score more. Maybe our defense isnt to shabby? who knows. for the most part seemed like a good hard fought game! Already cant wait till next year when LH comes to town!

I was there Thursday for the Freshman J/V game.

rundoe
09-29-2007, 09:54 PM

She does this to me all the time, sigh. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rundoe
09-29-2007, 10:04 PM
It pains me to come to LH's defense (and I do mean PAINS ME)... but if you are trying to get us to believe that the Cuero coaching staff "held back" because the game means nothing now and they are looking forward to the play offs and made a strategic move in hopes of losing NOW to be able to win LATER.....

WHAAAAATTTTT?????????

That is a totally absurd theory. LH beat Cuero heads up. Cuero brought their best, LH over-powered Cuero. Using your theory, maybe LH "held back" too....it's a totally absurd theory.

Look...all I am saying is this....LH is 100% for real...Cuero (as usual) is 100% for real. LH has an offense that will flat wear you out over time...especially the 4th quarter. The ONLY reason we beat them 3 years in a row was our defense was superior to their offense in the 4th quarter....they have fixed that problem, apparently. LH defense is now for real. LH's offense is (as usual) punishing. This spells trouble for opponents.

If I were you, I would take the loss against LH as a wake up call. Dont think you held back, assume they beat your best fair and square, and adjust for the next meeting. Thats the only way you will beat them deep in the play offs.

No I think LHPM confused both of us. I thought you were talking about Wimberly's coaching staff holding back. . The she said "No. He's talking able Cuero." I corrected, to say that I didn't think Cuero held back either. I don't think anyones coaching staff held back. So we are both on the same page. I think?
Who's coaching staff were you talking about "Holding back"? Cause Now I am confused. and I bet poor Bobcat is totally lost too, lol. I hate getting old. :doh: :doh: :doh:

LHPfactory
09-29-2007, 10:45 PM

You mean quick strike like Cuero?, yeah, we could never beat a team like that :hand: . Wimberley wanted to beat LH bad and not be 1-4, and LH was a little flat. I guess time will tell.

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2007, 10:57 PM
It pains me to come to LH's defense (and I do mean PAINS ME)...
We know....and appreciate it. And I know what you mean. ;)

JT44
09-29-2007, 11:07 PM

cuero played em 3 years in a row now, all 3 years it's been grind it out slow and long, just last year they had the guy to slip through the holes and take it the distance in Bode

Him scoring quickly last year was key for Cuero b/c we got the ball back and could score again to go back up

JT44
09-29-2007, 11:10 PM
LH has a great team and deserved to win that game, BUT how many times do you see a team run the same defense the entire game when it is not working? C'mon even you are smarter than that. I am glad you hung it on your bulletin board. Why don't you print one for your refrigerator too.

Cuero's run the same defense for the whole Reeve tenure, it isn't going to change b/c of the LH game.

BobcatBenny
09-29-2007, 11:40 PM
cuero played em 3 years in a row now, all 3 years it's been grind it out slow and long, just last year they had the guy to slip through the holes and take it the distance in Bode

Him scoring quickly last year was key for Cuero b/c we got the ball back and could score again to go back up

Say what happened in 2005 when they tried to grind it out against your overwhelming defense?

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Say what happened in 2005 when they tried to grind it out against your overwhelming defense?
Don't go there..... :( Team mentality wasn't the best after a bad injury the week before. Guess you had to be around here to understand.

JT44
09-30-2007, 12:12 AM

yes in '05 Cuero won, no big plays for LH, that was probably Cuero's most talented team over the last 4 years.

Last year Cuero won b/c of what I said earlier, LH had the quick strike, but Cuero will go toe to toe with any quick strike team
( I know not Wimberly last year)
They didn't have Kouciba in '05, but that's besides the point.

they grind it out, it's only a plus when they have the big play guy

rundoe
09-30-2007, 12:56 AM
It boils down to this.

We like to run the ball with long clock eating drives that keep the other teams offence off the field and their defense on it.

We run very tricky plays on offence that confuse the heck out of defenses and fans alike. Who has the ball? We throw in a few suprises every once in a while. Just to keep everyone guessing. But like to pound it up the gut. Our O line likes that.

The players in LH work thier butts of on conditioning and strength all year long.

Our defense and special teams have got better and better.

We play hard. Win a lot. and are up there with the best 3A teams in the state.

We respect our opponents. and know they come to win. The target on our backs is HUGE. But we carry the weight well and are not intimidated. Last year was not a fluke, but the accumulation of hard work and dedication.

The defense knows who the threats are on the other team when they walk onto the field, through good coaching, and can and will key on those players. They know they might be able to break one on us, but they come back harder after those plays and don't quit. They are quick learners.

Our coaching staff is among the best in the state and is good at putting the right players in the right positions that take advantage of that players strengths.

We expect everyone that plays us wants to beat us. BAD!! We want it just as bad or worse. I have watched our teams overcome bad press, strong opponents, and many a come from behind victories. We never give up!!!

Most important, we play as a TEAM!!

My personal feelings are that Liberty Hill has never got the respect it deserves, but is gaining it in 3a now. Its been a long hard road. But they worked hard and deserve respect.

I watch the freshman and j/v teams because I have a younger son on J/V. They work just as hard and they expect to win now and when their turn comes as varsity players.

Now, please note that I am not putting down any other teams, towns or fans in this . Its not a rant.

I am telling you how it is, on our team, in our town.

Our fans are not just fans, they are fanatics. If their ever was a 12th man . Liberty Hill has it. They come early and stay till the end and long after each game, regardless of the outcome. We bleed Purple and Gold here, and will support our team win or lose.

You can comment on this if you like but I have said my piece the way I see it and probably won't respond. Talk about your team and don't compare. I didn't.
Nuff Said!!

LHMom
09-30-2007, 08:38 AM
Don't go there..... :( Team mentality wasn't the best after a bad injury the week before. Guess you had to be around here to understand.

3 seniors with torn ACL's will do that. :(

GreenMachine
09-30-2007, 09:33 AM
LH has a great team and great fans. I think that ya'll have the respect of every 3a team in the state. LH has definitely evolved into one of the best 3a programs in the state. Likewise, Cuero has a great team and great fans and a great program. It makes it fun to play a team with great fans that pack the stadium and are LOUD. We play too many teams, as I am sure ya'll do, that have a poor fan base. The night we played ya'll...was electric. That is what makes high school football so exciting.

rundoe
09-30-2007, 11:21 AM
LH has a great team and great fans. I think that ya'll have the respect of every 3a team in the state. LH has definitely evolved into one of the best 3a programs in the state. Likewise, Cuero has a great team and great fans and a great program. It makes it fun to play a team with great fans that pack the stadium and are LOUD. We play too many teams, as I am sure ya'll do, that have a poor fan base. The night we played ya'll...was electric. That is what makes high school football so exciting.

I agree with everything you said.

Other than that drive!!!!

wimbo_pro
09-30-2007, 08:01 PM
No I think LHPM confused both of us. I thought you were talking about Wimberly's coaching staff holding back. . The she said "No. He's talking able Cuero." I corrected, to say that I didn't think Cuero held back either. I don't think anyones coaching staff held back. So we are both on the same page. I think?
Who's coaching staff were you talking about "Holding back"? Cause Now I am confused. and I bet poor Bobcat is totally lost too, lol. I hate getting old. :doh: :doh: :doh:

I was referring to GreenMachines comment about Cuero possibly "holding back" against LH. How did this get so confusing!! LOLOOLOL

firstcat
10-01-2007, 12:04 PM
. The thing is we are winning without Bode. :) [/B]

And another thing is, every year it is said that we won't be what we were "last year" because so-and-so graduated; and yet every year, we are better than the last. This year will prove to be no exception.
Just remember that a very large number of the panthers on the field last friday night have yet to experience a loss to wimberley...or Cuero for that matter...or ANYONE they have EVER played with the exception of one JH game against Burnet...So, the shoes ARE getting filled and refilled.
We are a running team, but we also now have more of a passing game than we've had in a while. Once EVERY panther decides to leave it all on the field like most of them already are, THEN you will see that this year's team is the best yet.
Wimberley didn't see the 2007 Panthers at their very best...so count your Texan-selves fortunate for a night...and be "unimpressed".
In the meantime...we'll take the "W".

rundoe
10-01-2007, 12:13 PM

Do you remember where we were when the clock ran out?

rundoe
10-01-2007, 12:17 PM
I was referring to GreenMachines comment about Cuero possibly "holding back" against LH. How did this get so confusing!! LOLOOLOL

I can't speak for eveyone else, but I am blaming my confusion on old age, LHPM's Bell in my ear for 4 years, and the Guy with the Bull horn, lol

44INAROW
10-01-2007, 01:26 PM
I can't speak for eveyone else, but I am blaming my confusion on old age, LHPM's Bell in my ear for 4 years, and the Guy with the Bull horn, lol

ROFL........... the age thing sucks too........... and LHPM - we have a lady in our section now that has a big cow bell..... OMG - I am learning to just "go with it" ;)

JT44
10-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Do you remember where we were when the clock ran out?

do you remember the score when the clock ran out?

wimbo_pro
10-01-2007, 07:06 PM

Wow...LHPM has a bell...around her neck, no doubt...hehehehehe
(I couldn't resist!! Blame Rundoe...he set it up...)