PDA

View Full Version : Mexia-Bridge City

Matthew328
11-26-2001, 10:06 AM
Who woulda thought Mexia would have come this far? especially after losing in Week 5 to Forney 56-0! I think their run ends this week...BC has a bit too much for the Blackats...BC by 17

df1
11-26-2001, 11:23 AM
Dang Matthew, are you sure your not from South East Texas,everyone else always picks us to lose to any team west of Houston.

3Aroy
11-26-2001, 01:28 PM
Bridge City by 12. Their defense has had a great year.

Old Cardinal
11-26-2001, 02:03 PM
Matt 328...Thanks for the compliment, I am quite surprised also- its the first time, to my knowledge, any pollister have complimented anyone from SE Texas! Remember, that Forney game was early in the season, they have done pretty well since then...... I look at the lose to Vidor in overtime and the disaster to Bridge City in the last quarter against Newton- as the opportunity to reevaluate your offense, having met a REAL defense. I don't believe we would be playing in the quarterfinal had it not been for playing the Silsbee's, LCM's, Vidor's, Newton's etc: Good Div I level preseasons give you confidence, even if you get beat up a bit!

Backwoods
11-26-2001, 02:24 PM
Old Card. Y'all took all we had, then got up and kept going. Keep it up BC. We're pulling for you. You could have quit, but you're not made that way. Go BC.

footballfan
11-26-2001, 03:22 PM
I heard that Mexia liked to throw the ball a lot but after looking at the stats from their two play off games, it seems to be just the opposite. Have they been mostly a running team all season? How will their defensive front match up against the BC line?

San Antonio HS FB Fan
11-26-2001, 09:49 PM
I hate to look to far in advance for any team, but Sinton v. BC would be one hell of a game. But after this weekends NCAA D1 fiasco upsets, no telling what is going to happen in an important game.