PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds a Texas Rangers next year?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2007, 01:24 AM
Rangers owner will try and get him to come to Texas. He could be a good addition for DH role. maybe 35-40 hrs with alot of those HRs in Arlington. But first thing first, they should get pitching.

88bobcats
09-28-2007, 01:47 AM
Man, I hope not!

I'm glad his Cooperstown ball will be branded with an asterisk (*). I am not as offended by him using steroids as I am by his continued denial of it. Some people interpret that as lying.....

eagles_victory
09-28-2007, 01:58 AM
i hope they get him his bat will be huge for the rangers

DU_stud04
09-28-2007, 04:15 AM
:( im starting to become less and less of a rangers fan. go pudge!!!.....i mean go detroit!!!

Gp83
09-28-2007, 07:18 AM
God I hope Bonds ain't a Ranger

Bearkat
09-28-2007, 08:19 AM
I can see this happening. The Rangers are notorious for signing over-the-hill, power hitting, DH's. Bonds fits into this category.

Sweetwater Red
09-28-2007, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
:( im starting to become less and less of a rangers fan. go pudge!!!.....i mean go detroit!!!

:clap: :D :clap:

crzyjournalist03
09-28-2007, 09:09 AM
Last year, Tom Hicks said that Jon Daniels had interest in Bonds, but Hicks would not allow JD to pursue him...we'll see if that's changed, but if they're going to have an aging DH next year, I'd rather have Sammy back who has been nothing but a great guy this year!

Send_the_House
09-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Can Bonds pitch?

Bull19
09-28-2007, 09:24 AM
the rangers are a joke of an organization

crzyjournalist03
09-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Send_the_House
Can Bonds pitch?

Surprisingly, pitching might not need to be the main focus this offseason. The Rangers have actually developed a nice pool of young pitchers who have performed admirably this year. I think next year's rotation will most likely include: Kevin Millwood, Vincinte Padilla (unless he's traded, which seems unlikely), Brandon McCarthy, Kason Gabbard, and Edinson Volquez. That rotation doesn't wow you with names, but it's got a lot of promise.

Global Swarming
09-28-2007, 09:53 AM
The last thing the Rangers need is to spend 20 plus million on an arrogant player who without steroids would have only been a mediocre player. Let him stay in California with all of the rest of the conceded people in the world.

DUKE22
09-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
The last thing the Rangers need is to spend 20 plus million on an arrogant player who without steroids would have only been a mediocre player. Let him stay in California with all of the rest of the conceded people in the world. Mediocre, i dont think so, but that is funny.

crzyjournalist03
09-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
The last thing the Rangers need is to spend 20 plus million on an arrogant player who without steroids would have only been a mediocre player. Let him stay in California with all of the rest of the conceded people in the world.

wow...what a first post...welcome to the board.

First of all...there's no way Bonds gets anywhere near the 19 million he's making this year...even he realizes that his career is on a downswing, and outside of 3000 hits, he's not chasing any more milestones, so his value has decreased dramatically.

Second, Bonds would have been a Hall of Famer without the steroids. He was never "mediocre". Just look at his numbers with the Pirates and early on with the Giants. Had he not bulked up and started hitting the homers, he probably would have ended up as the player with the most 40/40 seasons in baseball.

Third, I think you mean conceited. "Conceded" would mean that the people in California are giving up on something.

RMAC
09-28-2007, 12:15 PM
I won't go to a Rangers game next year if this happens.

burnet44
09-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Please sign Barriod

1. Has Barriod ever won the World Series? NO
2. have the Strangers ever won the world series? NO

Neither will win together

Is there a place where I can bet on this is the Strangesr sign Barriod?

I need the money

BIG_STICK
09-28-2007, 01:16 PM
everybody supported canseco when he was here. Why not Bonds bring one of the greatest players ever i would love to watch him play. RMAC i dont think they care if you go or not