PDA

View Full Version : What to do ??

Gobbler Fan
09-27-2007, 12:30 PM
I just recently bought my Daughter who is 8 tickets online to go see Miley Cirus *sp aka. Hanna Montana at the Toyota Center in Houston on the floor dead Center stage great seat's you get the picture for 56 bucks apiece . What I did not know at the time is what hot ticket's these are I bought 4 with the intention of maybe selling 2 to make my money back . Come to find out this concert and all the others in Texas sold out in one day . I recently put up 2 tickets on a ticket selling site and have gotten bites for up to 220 apiece . The dilema is ...now my 16yo daughter decided that she would love to go and would like to take a friend .Should I play the evil greedy parent and sell these babies or should I be a nice guy and let her and her friend go to the concert along with my wife and youngest daughter ?

Just to get a rise out of my oldest daughter I told her that since I know her I would let them go for 100 bucks apiece .:devil:

luvhoops34
09-27-2007, 12:35 PM
LOL It depends on hard up you are for some cash...:D ;)

How come you're not going? Not a Miley Cyrus fan?

Gobbler Fan
09-27-2007, 12:39 PM
No clue who she is . I was told about this concert by my better half and decided to suprise my youngest with tickets not knowing I would have to fork over 26 bucks to join her fanclub just to be able to get a shot at landing some tickets .

LMAO you get the picture . :eek:

burnet44
09-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
I just recently bought my Daughter who is 8 tickets online to go see Miley Cirus *sp aka. Hanna Montana at the Toyota Center in Houston on the floor dead Center stage great seat's you get the picture for 56 bucks apiece . What I did not know at the time is what hot ticket's these are I bought 4 with the intention of maybe selling 2 to make my money back . Come to find out this concert and all the others in Texas sold out in one day . I recently put up 2 tickets on a ticket selling site and have gotten bites for up to 220 apiece . The dilema is ...now my 16yo daughter decided that she would love to go and would like to take a friend .Should I play the evil greedy parent and sell these babies or should I be a nice guy and let her and her friend go to the concert along with my wife and youngest daughter ?

Just to get a rise out of my oldest daughter I told her that since I know her I would let them go for 100 bucks apiece .:devil:

sell the tickets
save it for her college
then she can get a great job and she can afford to go to any concert she wants
going only puts money in THEIR POCKETS not yours.
im sure this is not a popular choice
but build for the future
take her somewhere else she will remember
and go WITH HER
thats the key

rangerjim
09-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Go ahead and give them to your daughter and her friend. I actually did something similar years ago with Billy Ray Cyrus tickets at Six Flags. The money isn't that important.

To this day my now 17 year old daughter and I laugh out loud when I had to try to explain to her when she was 8 why woman were throwing underwear at him on stage. A few hundred bucks could never buy a moment like that. We were only a couple rows back center stage and had a few pair land around us. Classic. Oh yea, Billy Ray wasn't that bad either - it shocked my achy breaky heart...........

3afan
09-27-2007, 12:54 PM
you have a long term plan that includes mutual funds/payroll deduction/etc. to build a pot for college - not deny your kids some cool things just to save $100

keep the tix, earn points with the daughters

Ranger Mom
09-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
you have a long term plan that includes mutual funds/payroll deduction/etc. to build a pot for college - not deny your kids some cool things just to save $100

I agree!! There are memories to be made here!!

What a coincidence we are talking about Billy Ray Cyrus and then his daughter Miley on the same thread.

I have to admit, until a co-worker said she was taking her two kids...I had NO clue who "Hannah Montana" even was!!

leecofans
09-27-2007, 12:58 PM
I say sell them, too! IMO in a couple of years your sixteen year old is not going to want to own up to having been to a Hanna Montana concert. If I had done something like that in my youth, like (just for example) paid $100 out of my baby sitting money to see New Kids on the Block, there is no way I'm admitting it to anyone... KWIM, just an example, of course :blush:

pirate4state
09-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

Agreed. If your older daughter really wants to go and you already have the tickets, why not let her go?

Gobbler Fan
09-27-2007, 01:16 PM
I knew from the minute she asked to go what I was going to do . My wife thinks it's funny but my daughters have me wrapped around their little fingers . It's not fair being outnumbered by Women/Girls in a household .

:helpme: :p lol

leecofans of course that was just an example ;)

rangerjim
09-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Hey Gobbla - I'm outnumbered 5 to 1. 4 daughters, my beautiful wife and then me. Did I mention 3 are teenagers?

3adownlow is my life preserver even though I don't post much.

Ranger Mom
09-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim
Hey Gobbla - I'm outnumbered 5 to 1. 4 daughters, my beautiful wife and then me. Did I mention 3 are teenagers?

I was right the opposite. It was 5 men to 2 females!!!

Mixed family...all 5 kids were within 3 years/3 months of each other!!!!

carter08
09-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Screw scalpers.

eagles_victory
09-27-2007, 03:45 PM
your so lucky i love miley

44INAROW
09-27-2007, 03:50 PM
without a doubt, take both daughters and a couple of friends..... the story alone will be worth it's weight in gold in years to come ;)

STANG RED
09-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
I knew from the minute she asked to go what I was going to do . My wife thinks it's funny but my daughters have me wrapped around their little fingers . It's not fair being outnumbered by Women/Girls in a household .

:helpme: :p lol

leecofans of course that was just an example ;)

As a father of a daughter, there was not doubt in my mind what you were going to do.
But at least bleed it for all its worth. Get a couple good back rubs and maybe a few chores out of the deal anyway.

charlesrixey
09-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim

I was outnumbered 3 to 1 until my son was born this week, so i feel your pain

it was funny trying to explain to my oldest daughter in 5-year old terms what a circumcision was when the doctor mentioned it:eek: