PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma vs Texas

kof96
09-27-2007, 08:08 AM
Who wins?I think Oklahoma wins big!

Bearkat
09-27-2007, 08:12 AM
The sooners just seem to be the better team this year.

Funk-d-fied
09-27-2007, 08:23 AM
The tu offense is good but just not fast enough to overcome the ou defense. ou by 21.

underware
09-27-2007, 08:31 AM
I'm an avid Texas fan, but I took Ok in a blowout. Hopefully, some of my bad luck will rub off on Ok. : )

briefcase
09-27-2007, 08:35 AM
I am one of the biggest horns fans ever, but i am also a realist. Sooners win big.

Reds fan
09-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Texas will keep this close but OU will wear the Horns down and pull away in the second half.

burnet44
09-27-2007, 08:55 AM
blow u 38-14

Bull Butter
09-27-2007, 09:07 AM
I thought Texas was playing KSU this week

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Hook 'em.

BLOW U 48 - UT 9

3 Bailey Field Goals all setting national records because Texas couldn't cross midfield.

coach
09-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
I thought Texas was playing KSU this week

i guess it is an automatic win

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2007, 09:14 AM
I think people are looking into the scores of games way to much

OU should be favored, but them dropping 2,333,690 on teams has no bearing on this game

UT has an edge in that they have played an early BIG game with big game atmoshpere

As great as OU's young QB has been he has yet to play in a big game, with big game pressure..Even last year Colt had seen the big game atmosphere before playing OU. That is HUGE..alot bigger than people realize IMO

JasperDog94
09-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

OU should be favored, but them dropping 2,333,690 on teams has no bearing on this game

UT has an edge in that they have played an early BIG game with big game atmoshpere

As great as OU's young QB has been he has yet to play in a big game, with big game pressure..Even last year Colt had seen the big game atmosphere before playing OU. That is HUGE..alot bigger than people realize IMO That's a great point. I still think OU wins, but QB experience in big games could be a factor.

JasperDog94
09-27-2007, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
tu :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
That's a great point. I still think OU wins, but QB experience in big games could be a factor.

Until I see how the OU QB plays in the big time pressure game I cant say who the favorite will be in my mind

IHStangFan
09-27-2007, 01:33 PM
gettin a little ahead our yourself aren't ya?

I'll take Univ. of Texas @ Norman by a LEAST 17

crzyjournalist03
09-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
The tu offense is good but just not fast enough to overcome the ou defense. ou by 21.

A little late on this one..OU beat TU last week in a blowout. Anybody who thought Tulsa had a shot was clearly mistaken.
:p

pirate4state
09-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
I thought Texas was playing KSU this week but this is the football god's thread/poll - scheduling does not matter

Phil C
09-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Right now I am more concerned with Kansas State.

BIG_STICK
09-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Big game experience who has UT played this year Ark St, Rice Wow big game atmospheres. TCU was overrated big time. OU hasnt played anybody besides a Miami team that throttled A&M who beat UT last year hmmmmmmm. Also OU hasnt had close calls against these pansy teams like OU OU by 30

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by BIG_STICK
Big game experience who has UT played this year Ark St, Rice Wow big game atmospheres. TCU was overrated big time. OU hasnt played anybody besides a Miami team that throttled A&M who beat UT last year hmmmmmmm. Also OU hasnt had close calls against these pansy teams like OU OU by 30

Colt has played in big games from last year and whether or not TCU was overrated or not, at the time the game was a big game atmosphere

IHStangFan
09-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Right now I am more concerned with Kansas State. exactly...as you and the UT nation SHOULD be. As for A&M...the focus is Baylor...as it SHOULD be also! :)

big daddy russ
09-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

As great as OU's young QB has been he has yet to play in a big game, with big game pressure..Even last year Colt had seen the big game atmosphere before playing OU. That is HUGE..alot bigger than people realize IMO
I don't know, Terry. I'd consider the Miami game every bit as big as the TCU game. Miami's big-name (though maybe not quite 'big-time' anymore), they aren't as bad as we all thought, and the game was nationally televised. Bradford played extremely well that game.

I think the talent is there on UT's team and that they have the capacity to be every bit as good as OU. They're one of those teams that is close, but oh so far away.

If the play doesn't change significantly from what we've seen from both teams this year, it'll be a blowout. If UT can put it together or the Sooners have an off-game, it'll be a different story, but UT's only shown me that they have what it takes to hang in with OU for a grand total of two quarters.

NDFootball
09-27-2007, 03:54 PM
OU by alot

Keith7
09-27-2007, 03:54 PM
as much as I hate to say it, I think OU will win this pretty easily.. they are just too deep, and too athletic for Texas..

JasperDog94
09-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
as much as I hate to say it, I think OU will win this pretty easily.. they are just too deep, and too athletic for Texas.. I'm sure that pained you greatly keith.;)

Keith7
09-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I'm sure that pained you greatly keith.;)

it really did.. trust me sitting by 85,000 sooner fans in norman when the score is 79-10 in the sooners favor can make you really hate OU quick.. surprisingly even more then UT

sweetwater07
09-27-2007, 04:09 PM
OU 42
TU 14
That sooner offense is explosive this year.. TU's d won't hang

charlesrixey
09-27-2007, 04:12 PM
i know i am in the minority here, but i think OU could be exposed two weeks from now

Miami is a joke this year, especially on the road (A&M dropped the ball big time, and miami actually played their guts out at home)

Texas has played like crap, but they still have as much talent as oklahoma--they just have a crappy offensive coordinator

i bet you john chiles and vondrell mcgee are pretty darn good too, especially against miami or unt at home

Texas has been horribly inconsistent this year, but IF they wake up in time, they should be able to keep Oklahoma from outscoring them

Bradford doesn't scare me-yet

I say Oklahoma scores less than 28, and if texas wants it bad enough, then that's their magic number to be better than

JasperDog94
09-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
OU 42
TU 14
That sooner offense is explosive this year.. TU's d won't hang You silly people need to remember that OU already played Tulsa University this year.

JasperDog94
09-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
it really did.. trust me sitting by 85,000 sooner fans in norman when the score is 79-10 in the sooners favor can make you really hate OU quick.. surprisingly even more then UT University of Texas @ Norman (OU) fans can be quite annoying.

Big Papa
09-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
exactly...as you and the UT nation SHOULD be. As for A&M...the focus is Baylor...as it SHOULD be also! :)

did you see who started this poll to begin with

necks_c/09
09-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by BIG_STICK
Big game experience who has UT played this year Ark St, Rice Wow big game atmospheres. TCU was overrated big time. OU hasnt played anybody besides a Miami team that throttled A&M who beat UT last year hmmmmmmm. Also OU hasnt had close calls against these pansy teams like OU OU by 30 Well, I'm glad pretty much zero of your post made sense. Oh, and team A beat team C by 36 points so team c who beat to b by 14 will beat team a by 50 points...

(EVEN THOUGH ALL 3 OF THESE TEAMS ARE DRASTICALLY CHANGED)

and nevermind the fact turnovers have an effect on the outcome of games and so basically all of this means OU wins by 30 right?

zebrablue2
09-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by briefcase
I am one of the biggest horns fans ever, but i am also a realist. Sooners win big.

so you will not watch. yes, oak. is somewhat better than ut this
year, but dosen't mean texas cannot pull the upset. the horns have some talented kids, and anything can happen.

TexanAlum_06
09-28-2007, 12:13 AM
I really cant make a strong prediction on this one yet till after this weekends game against KSU. we have still yet to put together a complete game from buzzer to buzzer and it will take every bit of that to beat OU. Dont get me wrong, Im not totally Sold on OU yet. yes they beat miami, but miami aint that good. Im not saying UT has beaten any better teams by any means, As of now I will say OU by 3 TD's maybe more( stoops will run the score). BUT if we dominate Kstate by 3+ TD's or more and put together a full consistent game then My prediction could change. But I just hope we get by KSU first!

burnet44
09-28-2007, 12:21 AM
the linemen will be the difference
not the backs