Old Tiger
09-27-2007, 06:09 AM
should be a good matchup

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Brazil wins 4-0

3afan
09-27-2007, 09:22 AM
wow http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylt=Ai5RGezINXIruusJVYt8zEE5nYcB?slug=ap-wwcup-brazil-us&prov=ap&type=lgns

pirate4state
09-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Brazil wins 4-0 :eek: wow - was Brianna Scurry in goal?

nvm...just read the write up...wow...guess everyone will be talking about the switch at the last minute :doh: well those that care :p

Phil C
09-27-2007, 10:08 AM
In the semis Brazil gave the USA Women's Soccer Team a good whipping 4 to 0. They completely outplayed the USA. It is not the loss that is so shocking because that easily happens when you have top teams playing but it is the defeat. Losing 4 to 0 is like getting beat 28 to 0 in football but this game was never that close. A humiliating loss. The USA team was obviously overrated by the World (probably on purpose as they were the No. 1 team) but they didn't help it with their PM manager coming up with the greatest team in the world slogan. I don't think changing goalies made a difference in this game even though it caused a distraction but the USA just flat got whipped. What is overlooked is that teams like Brazil, Norway and Germany are teams that have been together for eight or nine years instead of just about 2 for the USA. Gone are Mia Hamm, Julie Foudey, and Brandi Chastain. We are a younger team basically.

What also worries me is that this can only hurt to a large extent the chances for the USA soccer league succeeding in 2009. We couldn't succeed after our great success in wining the world cup in 1999 and getting runner up gold medals in the 2000 Olympics how can we succeed with this miserable display. We can still salvage something in the olympics in 2008 if it isn't too late.

I am so disappointed. The thing is I have a hard enough time trying to get posters on the downlow interested in women's soccer and this sorry display can only make it much more difficult. Plus it hurts my motivation at least for a short while.

My God My God! What will the 3A downlow say?

:( :( :( :mad:

Phil C
09-27-2007, 10:13 AM
If you want to watch the semis where the USA plays Norway in the loser's consolation for third place you can see it at 3:30 A.M. on Sunday morning. I will be sleeping and not have time to watch the losing teams play. The championship game between Germany and Brazil starts at about 6:30 A.M. and I have no interest in that and will be going for my nopalitoes and eggs breakfast at the Mexican Food Restaurand on South San Patricio Street.

Brazil has a team capable of beating Germany but I don't think they will do it. They have just won their biggest game ever when they beat the USA. They will be so excited and happy about that than they will be about beating Germany for the championship and there isn't a thing the Brazil coaches can do about it.

Phil C
09-27-2007, 11:42 AM
http://www.yahoo.com/s/689749

luvhoops34
09-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Phil, I saw this at 6:30 this morning. First thing I thought of was, "Phil is going to be upset".:(

BobcatBenny
09-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
. . . I am so disappointed. The thing is I have a hard enough time trying to get posters on the downlow interested in women's soccer and this sorry display can only make it much more difficult. Plus it hurts my motivation at least for a short while. . .
Phil C and his attempts to Title IX the Down Low. :rolleyes:

S_Tex_3A_Fan
09-27-2007, 01:14 PM
the best little football site in Texas

Soccer is a comunist plot to take over America. What kinda sport is it that you can't use you hands and it is considered cool to take a ball off the head.

Phil C
09-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by S_Tex_3A_Fan
the best little football site in Texas

Soccer is a comunist plot to take over America. What kinda sport is it that you can't use you hands and it is considered cool to take a ball off the head.

Now S - Let's not confuse soccer with floridation of water.

:D

Phil C
09-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Phil, I saw this at 6:30 this morning. First thing I thought of was, "Phil is going to be upset".:(

Right you are luv. It isnt so much that they lost because when teams get to the semis they are all good and either one is capable of winning them all. But the catch is if they lose that they played well. This was certainly not the case here. It was so bad that we scored the first point for Brazil ourselves. :(

crzyjournalist03
09-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Perhaps the Americans were just being good sports and letting someone else have a chance since the US women have already had all of that success.

Plus, the next time an opponent plays the US, they'll be thinking "Oh, these guys got blown out last time they played. We can walk all over them." This will definitely increase the risk for the next team that has to face the American women.

Strategy I tell you!

Phil C
09-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Perhaps the Americans were just being good sports and letting someone else have a chance since the US women have already had all of that success.

Plus, the next time an opponent plays the US, they'll be thinking "Oh, these guys got blown out last time they played. We can walk all over them." This will definitely increase the risk for the next team that has to face the American women.

Strategy I tell you!

:) It is good to face the future with confidence.

JR2004
09-27-2007, 02:10 PM
I just saw Hope Solo on ESPN. Boy did she just lay into her coach as well as Scurry. Something tells me that the coach and Scurry just coached and played for the last time for the national team.

Phil C
09-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Hope it works. There are some experts that agree with her.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3039111&categoryId=2378529

Phil C
09-27-2007, 03:00 PM
There is some encouragement and that might win some over. The Coach of the USA Women's 1999 World Cup Championship team is going to be coaching Boston when the new league forms in 2009!
Also the Women's Brazilian Head Soccer Coach has expressed an interest in Coaching in the USA league in 2009.

The only thing I hope they don't make the mistake they did in 2009 and not have a few border teams such as in El Paso, Nueve Laredo and Brownsville.

JR2004
09-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
The only thing I hope they don't make the mistake they did in 2009

Time traveler are ya? :)

Phil C
09-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Time traveler are ya? :)

:)

Plus soccer is very high in border towns. I once stopped by a Mexican food restaurant in Laredo years ago and they had the tv on a soccer game between Mexico and a Central American County (I don't remember which one) and the people were watchng it with great interest.