PDA

View Full Version : Vernon and Graham

snydertiger2010
09-27-2007, 12:55 AM
Personally I think these two teams are way overated especially Vernon, what do you guys think?, and trust me i'm not the only one who thinks that, there are people all over the state that agree so don't get all fired up.

RMAC
09-27-2007, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by snydertiger2010
Personally I think these two teams are way overated especially Vernon, what do you guys think?, and trust me i'm not the only one who thinks that, there are people all over the state that agree so don't get all fired up.

What's Vernon's record? What's Graham's record? Now, what is Snyder's record? Show me these people all over the state. Personally, I don't think they're overrated. They may not as good as their rankings say, but overrated, I say no. It's week 4 and both are still undefeated. What will you say if Graham beats Monahans on Friday? Would that mean that Snyder is overrated too? Just some food for thought.

KTA
09-27-2007, 02:37 AM
Personally I think Monahans is way overated and especially Snyder, what do you guys think?, and trust me i'm not the only one who thinks that, there are people all over the state that agree so don't get all fired up.

:D

Snydertigersrul
09-27-2007, 02:58 AM

Graham and Vernon both are OVERRATED. Who have they beat and played, the little sisters of the poor. Snyder is UNDERRATED. GO TIGERS.

RedWhiteBlue
09-27-2007, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Graham and Vernon both are OVERRATED. Who have they beat and played, the little sisters of the poor. Snyder is UNDERRATED. GO TIGERS.
Little Sisters of the Poor??? That should fire up some Bulldogs and some Greenwood fans- I think I would take that personally if I were you guys!!!!!!

VERNONLION#1
09-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Vernon was overated to when we beat Snyder at Lowery Field last season. Snyder has one player running all over people and they want to start talking. I dont think Snyder could beat any 6-3a team at that. IP could right now beat you guys. Thats what I am hearing from all over the state.:clap:

BILLYFRED0000
09-27-2007, 07:29 AM

Right now I would say not overrated by much if any.

BILLYFRED0000
09-27-2007, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Little Sisters of the Poor??? That should fire up some Bulldogs and some Greenwood fans- I think I would take that personally if I were you guys!!!!!!

Graham did beat Clyde and Abilene Wylie and both of those teams are decent this year. Abilene Wylie lost a close game against top 10 4a Brownwood. Say what you will that does not qualify as a weak sister like everyone around Snyder.

GWOOD
09-27-2007, 07:50 AM

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-027.gif

luvhoops34
09-27-2007, 08:17 AM

The little sisters of the poor.....http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/huepfenicon111.gif

kof96
09-27-2007, 08:18 AM
well i think graham and vernon are good teams.I think one of them will meet celina in the playoffs and get beat by 3 or 4 tds by the bobcats.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-27-2007, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by kof96
well i think graham and vernon are good teams.I think one of them will meet celina in the playoffs and get beat by 3 or 4 tds by the bobcats.

That may be true. Celina has a well coached team. I was sure impressed with the coaching last year.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Graham, Vernon, Snyder are all good teams. We will see which ones are better when they play.

Throw out all the we played these gusy and those guys. Last year Graham had a very good team--they beat Vernon. Then they lost to Greenwood whom Vernon beat the following week. Teams match up differently against teams. Heck last year if Vernon and Greenwood would have played 10 times it may have been a 5-5 record for both teams. That was a very close game. Little things somtimes make the difference (penalties at the wrong time, adropped pass, a turnover, etc.)

Oh and Midland Chrsitian has a very good football team.

Ranger Mom
09-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-027.gif

My sentiments exactly!!

TripleH
09-27-2007, 08:41 AM
Graham and Vernon both are OVERRATED. Who have they beat and played, the little sisters of the poor. Snyder is UNDERRATED. GO TIGERS. Nice job Snydertigersrul, between you and Black Magic it's no wonder most people on this board dislike Snyder.:rolleyes:

RedWhiteBlue
09-27-2007, 08:44 AM
Personally, I think it is waaaaayyyyyy too early for anyone to say anyone is overrated, underrated, rated here, rated there, etc. Those type of statements usually end up coming back and biting you in the hindparts later on. I think about Christmas you can tell us who all was overrated and we can better discuss it then...... just my opinion.
My other opinion would have me being really obnoxious and hot-headed (I'm glad I was a nicer person and went with this one...).

Ranger Mom
09-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Personally, I think it is waaaaayyyyyy too early for anyone to say anyone is overrated, underrated, rated here, rated there, etc. Those type of statements usually end up coming back and biting you in the hindparts later on. I think about Christmas you can tell us who all was overrated and we can better discuss it then...... just my opinion.
My other opinion would have me being really obnoxious and hot-headed (I'm glad I was a nicer person and went with this one...).

I like you!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

tigerbyheart
09-27-2007, 08:52 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Dominicfrank
09-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Graham and Vernon will go 1-2 into the playoffs. I am not sure who out of Burk, Vernon, and Graham would be the big school? I would like to see Graham and Vernon meet in the playoffs, that would be something! It would satisfy a lot of arguements! I think both teams are ranked for a reason. Vernon could lose to Clyde but the disrtict will be well respresented 1-3 in the playoffs. Lost in this is Burk, I think they are talented even though they got torched by Old High.

Texasfootball2
09-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Graham and Vernon will go 1-2 into the playoffs. I am not sure who out of Burk, Vernon, and Graham would be the big school? I would like to see Graham and Vernon meet in the playoffs, that would be something! It would satisfy a lot of arguements! I think both teams are ranked for a reason. Vernon could lose to Clyde but the disrtict will be well respresented 1-3 in the playoffs. Lost in this is Burk, I think they are talented even though they got torched by Old High.

The order of enrollment would be Burk, Graham, Vernon. WF Hirischi has a bigger enrollment than both Graham and Vernon if for some reason they were to jump in the picture.

snydertiger2010
09-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
What's Vernon's record? What's Graham's record? Now, what is Snyder's record? Show me these people all over the state. Personally, I don't think they're overrated. They may not as good as their rankings say, but overrated, I say no. It's week 4 and both are still undefeated. What will you say if Graham beats Monahans on Friday? Would that mean that Snyder is overrated too? Just some food for thought.

Andrews is undefeated, and it's not hard to be undefeated when your not playing very good teams, so dont all fired up alright!

snydertiger2010
09-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Personally I think Monahans is way overated and especially Snyder, what do you guys think?, and trust me i'm not the only one who thinks that, there are people all over the state that agree so don't get all fired up.

:D

the only reason that anyone even cares bout graham, is beacuse colt mccoys dad coachs their, so dont start crap about stuff that you know is true!

snydertiger2010
09-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
Vernon was overated to when we beat Snyder at Lowery Field last season. Snyder has one player running all over people and they want to start talking. I dont think Snyder could beat any 6-3a team at that. IP could right now beat you guys. Thats what I am hearing from all over the state.:clap:

Vernon can't say nothing because they had one player running tha ball last year so dont start with that! I hope we play Vernon and Graham this year!

Keith7
09-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Graham has yet to live up to many people's expextations this year, but are still 4-0.. once their team really comes together and things begin "clicking" they will be really scary..

Vernon on the other hand, has lived up to their billing.. They aren't a team who are going to run up the score on anybody because of their smashmouth football style, but they have as many athletes as any team in 3a.. I look for them to be tough..

Are these teams overrated?

no, I don't see how you can think so considering most polls don't have them in their top 10, much less the top 5.. so how can you consider them over rated?? but Region 1 is weak this year and if either of these teams get on a roll at the end of the season, they both could make runs deep into the playoffs

Butkus
09-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Vernon can't say nothing because they had one player running tha ball last year so dont start with that! I hope we play Vernon and Graham this year! And howd that turn out youngun.:devil:

RedWhiteBlue
09-27-2007, 04:07 PM
the only reason that anyone even cares bout graham, is beacuse colt mccoys dad coachs their, so dont start crap about stuff that you know is true!
Holy, jamoly!!!! You think that is why anyone cares about Graham? I love Colt, the Longhorns and our coaches- but you are waaaaaayyyyyy off base here- especially when it comes to KTA and I think as soon as he gets a chance he will tell you so. Please read my post from earlier about spouting off and waiting until December- you are getting in way over your head......

Dominicfrank
09-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Vernon can't say nothing because they had one player running tha ball last year so dont start with that! I hope we play Vernon and Graham this year!

One player doesn't get you to the state semi's. Good defense, good support players, and a stud fullback. Not just one player buddy. Typical from a Snyder fan.

charlesrixey
09-27-2007, 04:19 PM
as a celina fan, i remember being down 13-7 to Vernon early

they didn't, and still don't, strike me as a one-horse team

RedWhiteBlue
09-27-2007, 04:23 PM
I am just curious Snydertiger2010- is that when you graduate from High School?

Ranger Mom
09-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
as a celina fan, i remember being down 13-7 to Vernon early

they didn't, and still don't, strike me as a one-horse team

We played them the week before Celina and I didn't remember that either.

Yeah...Whiteside was really good...but there were others on the team that were really good too!!!

charlesrixey
09-27-2007, 04:25 PM
I am just curious Snydertiger2010- is that when you graduate from High School?

might explain...........

RedWhiteBlue
09-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Your right, I may need to break it down for him/ her- is 2010 when they graduate from high school?

snydertiger2010
09-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
might explain...........

im graduating this year buddy, and my little brother posts under this name also, so dont be saying stuff to me, but i just changed the password so he cant kno more

Ranger Mom
09-27-2007, 04:50 PM
im graduating this year buddy, and my little brother posts under this name also, so dont be saying stuff to me, but i just changed the password so he cant kno more

Just curious.....why the attitude??

snydertiger2010
09-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Just curious.....why the attitude??

just because this dudes being dumb about stuff, how g-wood doin?

Ranger Mom
09-27-2007, 04:59 PM
just because this dudes being dumb about stuff, how g-wood doin?

Alright...lost our first game to Graham. Won the rest, got our QB back last week...he will play til he can't play anymore, I guess!

snydertiger2010
09-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Alright...lost our first game to Graham. Won the rest, got our QB back last week...he will play til he can't play anymore, I guess!

thats good, u guys r coming to snyder this year right? im want all the teams in our district to win exept andrews.

westcoast54
09-27-2007, 09:35 PM
I think Snyder had better take it one game at a time, just like all the teams in 6-3A do. Everyone in this district knows that anyone can be beat on any given night. Vernon and Graham are not overrated. Do they have weaknesses? Sure they do, everyone does however, noone has been good enough to beat either one at this point and time. So stop saying they are overrated.

BTW, what exactly has Snyder done?

DukeNukem
09-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Graham is not overrated. Vernon, Snyder, and Monahans are as of now! Vernon was lucky to beat Midland Christian and Midland Christian was lucky to beat Monahans. Monahans beat Snyder and became way overrated meaning only one thing. Snyder is way overrated. I have seen all 4 teams play this year and Graham is the most balanced and has the best defense by far. Snyder does have Will Clay which gives them the chance to make a run at the regional title. However, if he is shut down and Lance Day doesn't play lights out on defense, Snyder is done. Vernon can keep games close as well, but I don't see them being able to smash it all the way down the field against Graham or someone with a solid defense. Assuming all of the schools end up in division II, I would not be suprised to see all these teams get beat before the semifinals and someone else represent region 1. I am a west texas and region 1 guy, but none of these teams will be able to match the pure east texas talent they will face in the semis and finals this year.

Just my 2 cents...

Snydertigersrul
09-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
Graham is not overrated. Vernon, Snyder, and Monahans are as of now! Vernon was lucky to beat Midland Christian and Midland Christian was lucky to beat Monahans. Monahans beat Snyder and became way overrated meaning only one thing. Snyder is way overrated. I have seen all 4 teams play this year and Graham is the most balanced and has the best defense by far. Snyder does have Will Clay which gives them the chance to make a run at the regional title. However, if he is shut down and Lance Day doesn't play lights out on defense, Snyder is done. Vernon can keep games close as well, but I don't see them being able to smash it all the way down the field against Graham or someone with a solid defense. Assuming all of the schools end up in division II, I would not be suprised to see all these teams get beat before the semifinals and someone else represent region 1. I am a west texas and region 1 guy, but none of these teams will be able to match the pure east texas talent they will face in the semis and finals this year.

Just my 2 cents...

You need to check your facts, Day is not playing defense this year.

DukeNukem
09-28-2007, 08:44 AM
he played defense against monahans and got toasted by the monahans rb twice.

RedWhiteBlue
09-28-2007, 09:00 AM
I hope Graham's defense plays better against this Monahans RB tonight. Our defense has been pretty tough.....

Ranger Mom
09-28-2007, 09:02 AM
I hope Graham's defense plays better against this Monahans RB tonight. Our defense has been pretty tough.....

So who does Graham play???

RedWhiteBlue
09-28-2007, 09:07 AM
We play Monahans at McMurry Ranger Mom. Should be a great game. I will have to say (and it is not an excuse, it is for real) our boys have been battling everything from the stomach bug to bad sinus infections and strep throat all week. But we are a bunch of scrappers, so we will show and try to bring our 'a' game- because we will have to against a very tough Monahans team.

TripleH
09-28-2007, 09:09 AM
he played defense against monahans and got toasted by the monahans rb twice. That is correct DukeNukem, but you have to understand that sometimes when you are looking down on the game from above that you miss things like that.:rolleyes:

TripleH
09-28-2007, 09:11 AM
You need to check your facts, Day is not playing defense this year. As Dukeukem stated, Lance did play defense in the Monahans game. Also, it sure looked like from what was seen in practice that maybe, just maybe he might be playing some defense tonight in the Lubbock Cooper game.:thinking:

Bubba-Joe
09-28-2007, 09:16 AM
You need to check your facts, Day is not playing defense this year.

he played defense against monahans and got toasted by the monahans rb twice.

Ouch thats gotta hurt

I will say this Day if the tigers are behind and need a stop late in the game I bet L. Day is in the game......the kid can play

Ranger Mom
09-28-2007, 09:18 AM
We play Monahans at McMurry Ranger Mom. Should be a great game. I will have to say (and it is not an excuse, it is for real) our boys have been battling everything from the stomach bug to bad sinus infections and strep throat all week. But we are a bunch of scrappers, so we will show and try to bring our 'a' game- because we will have to against a very tough Monahans team.

Okay.....I was confused when I realized I was on a Vernon/Graham thread...but I went back and started reading from the first and got back on track.

I usually have one person from Graham and 2 from Monahans texting me scores, so between those 3, maybe I can stay caught up!!:p :p

loboes86
09-28-2007, 10:17 AM
thats good, u guys r coming to snyder this year right? im want all the teams in our district to win exept andrews. From what I saw last Friday, Snyder better bring their best game when they play Andrews. Andrews is playing like they used to sevaral years ago.