PDA

View Full Version : what's cooking in Giddings

LHS 2SONS
09-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Since La Grange is off this week, I have to get some high school football in. Thinking about Giddings. What is Giddings cooking for dinner on Friday or do I have to go to DQ?

strike hard
09-26-2007, 09:19 PM
You could go to the city meat market, but then again when I talked to some people that tried to go there last year some time around 5 they had nothing left.

gtownfan
09-26-2007, 09:48 PM
For City Meat Market, you have to get there early! I usually go before 11 just to make sure they still have what I want.

There is always Stoney's! Just continue on 77 toward the high school. Take a left at the light at the Citgo. It's about 3 block on the left (white building). Great BBQ also!!

If you want pretty good Mexican, take a right at 290 when you come into town and go to El Charro. It's about 10-12 block on the left! Pretty good (ask for the charro beans)!

And like someone mentioned before, the Lions club is cooking catfish prior to the game in the High School cafeteria!

buff4life
09-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by gtownfan
For City Meat Market, you have to get there early! I usually go before 11 just to make sure they still have what I want.

There is always Stoney's! Just continue on 77 toward the high school. Take a left at the light at the Citgo. It's about 3 block on the left (white building). Great BBQ also!!

If you want pretty good Mexican, take a right at 290 when you come into town and go to El Charro. It's about 10-12 block on the left! Pretty good (ask for the charro beans)!

And like someone mentioned before, the Lions club is cooking catfish prior to the game in the High School cafeteria!

Stoney's is only open for lunch I believe...i don't think the catfish is this friday, i think its when we play Caldwell BUT there is always an organizationally sponsored dinner in the cafeteria, personal choice would be winchester, el charro t's, circle w, or SUBWAY lol...

lepfan
09-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
personal choice would be winchester, el charro t's, circle w, or SUBWAY lol... I do miss the food and fun from our nights at winchester...we lived in winchester for a few years before moving in to LG.....burgers, dominoes, and beer till the wee hours of the morning...good times!!!

Darren
09-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
I do miss the food and fun from our nights at winchester...we lived in winchester for a few years before moving in to LG.....burgers, dominoes, and beer till the wee hours of the morning...good times!!!

Murphy's is good. Have you ever stopped and gotten a Warda burger?

Top choices for Supper in Giddings

1. Hunans
2. Circle W
3. Seafood and Donuts (sounds disqusting but actually quite good)
4. El Charro T's

buff4life
09-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Darren

Top choices for Supper in Giddings

1. Hunans
2. Circle W
4. El Charro T's

Jalisco's buffet isn't bad, PLUS the margaritas are awesome. so i've heard

ronwx5x
09-27-2007, 04:08 PM
What's wrong with hot dogs at the game? Maybe nachos for an after-dinner snack also.

tortilla_man
09-27-2007, 04:25 PM
i personally like Reba's pizza & sub used to be located in la grange then moved to giddings

Bull19
09-27-2007, 05:00 PM

4. El Charro T's

last time i was in giddings that place caught my eye,,,, i didnt know what the hell to think when i saw that,,,it was definently a first for me

lepfan
09-27-2007, 08:02 PM

LOL....I still refer to Winchester as MURPHY'S...although they have not owned it in years....The Boykie burger was great.....the atmosphere was even better....like I said we had many good times out there...we still are in touch with 'em....and yes---we have had a Warda burger (or thousand)....