PDA

View Full Version : Check out this story.........talk about your whackos!!!!!

lostaussie
09-26-2007, 03:32 PM
MAN FINDS HUMAN LEG IN HIS NEW SMOKER

MAIDEN, N.C. - A man who bought a smoker Tuesday at an auction of abandoned items might have thought twice had he looked inside first.

Maiden police said the man opened up the smoker and saw what he thought was a piece of driftwood wrapped in paper. When he unwrapped it, he found a human leg, cut off 2 to 3 inches above the knee.

The smoker had been sold at an auction of items left behind at a storage facility, so investigators contacted the mother and son who had rented the space where the smoker was found.

The mother, Peg Steele, explained her son had his leg amputated after a plane crash and kept the leg following the surgery “for religious reasons” she doesn’t know much about.

“The rest of the family was very much against it,” Steele said.

Steele said her son, John Wood, plans to drive to Maiden, about 35 miles northwest of Charlotte, to reclaim his amputated leg, police said.

BobcatBenny
09-26-2007, 03:33 PM
My leg goes with me everywhere.

What is so weird about that?

crzyjournalist03
09-26-2007, 03:35 PM
uggh...I just got a little squeamish reading that.

STANG RED
09-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
MAN FINDS HUMAN LEG IN HIS NEW SMOKER

MAIDEN, N.C. - A man who bought a smoker Tuesday at an auction of abandoned items might have thought twice had he looked inside first.

Maiden police said the man opened up the smoker and saw what he thought was a piece of driftwood wrapped in paper. When he unwrapped it, he found a human leg, cut off 2 to 3 inches above the knee.

The smoker had been sold at an auction of items left behind at a storage facility, so investigators contacted the mother and son who had rented the space where the smoker was found.

The mother, Peg Steele, explained her son had his leg amputated after a plane crash and kept the leg following the surgery “for religious reasons” she doesn’t know much about.

“The rest of the family was very much against it,” Steele said.

Steele said her son, John Wood, plans to drive to Maiden, about 35 miles northwest of Charlotte, to reclaim his amputated leg, police said.

I wonder if it was tender, and had a well defined smoke ring?:D

Ranger Mom
09-26-2007, 03:37 PM
I wonder how long it had been in there???

I don't know about other storage buildings....but around here, if you don't pay it they will put a lock on it around the 2nd or 3rd month....if you STILL don't pay it, they will leave that lock on there a year and give you that chance to catch up.

If after a year you still haven't paid, that's when they sell everything.

I just wonder what kind of condition the leg was in after being cooped up in a hot airless storage building!!

crzyjournalist03
09-26-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm guessing if he kept it for a few years he had probably had it embalmed or something...otherwise it would be hard to recognize as a leg.

Ranger Mom
09-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I'm guessing if he kept it for a few years he had probably had it embalmed or something...otherwise it would be hard to recognize as a leg.

That is beyond weird!!

STANG RED
09-26-2007, 03:42 PM
I wonder what kind of seasoning would be best on smoked human leg? Im thinking lots of garlic and pepper myself, with maybe just a splash of BBQ sauce.

DU_stud04
09-26-2007, 03:47 PM
wheeew....i thought i was th only one who kept my amputated leg stored up for safe keepings.

GMTD!!!

44INAROW
09-26-2007, 03:55 PM
I guess he's changed religions and didn't need it, so he decided to "smoke it"....... mercy - to each his own I guess :eek:

AP Panther Fan
09-26-2007, 03:55 PM
that's just nasty:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

and I thought people were weird that kept kidney stones...

pirate4state
09-26-2007, 03:56 PM
:hairpunk: :hairpunk:

too weird

RedWhiteBlue
09-26-2007, 04:34 PM
I have eaten some weird things in my lifetime, but smoked 'human' leg- I think I would have to pass on.......

sotxrat
09-26-2007, 04:37 PM
I believe there was this civil war general who lost his arm, the arm
was buried there where it was taken off, the arm grave was marked, he later died from this injury and then was buried somewhere else. Sometime this century his heirs had his arm dug up and moved to where his body was buried. the grave where the arm was buried is still kept up for tourist reasons. This is pretty wierd too.

necks_c/09
09-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I wonder how long it had been in there???

I don't know about other storage buildings....but around here, if you don't pay it they will put a lock on it around the 2nd or 3rd month....if you STILL don't pay it, they will leave that lock on there a year and give you that chance to catch up.

If after a year you still haven't paid, that's when they sell everything.

I just wonder what kind of condition the leg was in after being cooped up in a hot airless storage building!! he prolly smoked the leg....

lol

so it was nice and dried up... kinda like beef jerky but with a leg...

smoked meat can last awhile:D

RedWhiteBlue
09-26-2007, 05:25 PM
That reminds me of Silence of the Lambs when she finds the head in the pickle jar in the old storage unit- grrrrrrrrrr, nasty!!!!
And to think all I have in storage is a bunch of old toys, high school memorabilia, camping gear and baby stuff.......

crzyjournalist03
09-26-2007, 05:25 PM
wow...that makes me very glad that I never watched "Silence of the Lambs".

RedWhiteBlue
09-26-2007, 05:30 PM
Great movie- another Jodie Foster thriller. Anyone seen her new one? It looks to be like a good one. She is pretty much out for vigilante blood- I think........