PDA

View Full Version : The Last Real Pennant Race

Maroon87
09-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Good read for fans of standaround...lol.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=93pennant

JR2004
09-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Before I even clicked on it I knew it'd be the Giants-Braves from 93. That race was so exciting to keep up with.

crzyjournalist03
09-26-2007, 02:13 PM
What is everybody's thoughts on this? Personally, I like the way the playoff system is now, and would even be for expaning it...it's never made sense to me that the league with the longest season has the fewest amount of teams making the playoffs. I don't think they should go like hockey and basketball and have more than half of the league making the playoffs, but I think that the wild card has definitely been one of the biggest additions to baseball in the last twenty years. The more teams that you have in contention, the more attention you'll bring to your league...simple marketing, and more happy fans.

Maroon87
09-26-2007, 03:11 PM
The part about John Patterson and the hotel bartender is like something straight out of Bull Durham. :D

Sweetwater Red
09-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
What is everybody's thoughts on this? Personally, I like the way the playoff system is now, and would even be for expaning it...it's never made sense to me that the league with the longest season has the fewest amount of teams making the playoffs. I don't think they should go like hockey and basketball and have more than half of the league making the playoffs, but I think that the wild card has definitely been one of the biggest additions to baseball in the last twenty years. The more teams that you have in contention, the more attention you'll bring to your league...simple marketing, and more happy fans.

Hey anything that would give my team a chance to advance. If
they had one more wild card slot this year the Tigers would be
in it.:(

un b weavable
09-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Before I even clicked on it I knew it'd be the Giants-Braves from 93. That race was so exciting to keep up with.
How'd you figure that one out?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/etic...?page=93pennant