PDA

View Full Version : T.O. was hated on this board a few years ago, now winning and he's loved

Fotbol
09-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Go figure, T.O. getting love now, and Randy Moss, getting much love, the atheletes you love to hate has made their way back into Fans hearts. ;)

Txbroadcaster
09-26-2007, 10:31 AM
I always liked and defnded TO on here

Old Tiger
09-26-2007, 10:31 AM
I've supported terrell since day 1

coach
09-26-2007, 10:32 AM
i used to hate t.o. until the day he became a cowboy then i said he will one day lead the boys to the promise land

3afan
09-26-2007, 10:33 AM
TO was only hated by the Cownboy haters and a few others ..... but yes winning does heal old wounds

Sweetwater Red
09-26-2007, 10:36 AM
How can you hate him? He talks the talk AND walks the walk.

Maroon87
09-26-2007, 10:44 AM
TO is keeping his mouth shut and playing well...as long as that keeps up I'm good. He's still far from my favorite person, however.

rockdale80
09-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
How can you hate him? He talks the talk AND walks the walk.

I can for dancing on the Star. Still dont like him.

sweetwater07
09-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by coach
i used to hate t.o. until the day he became a cowboy then i said he will one day lead the boys to the promise land

after watching them kill the bears, a deep playoff run doesn;t seem too far out of the question

STANG RED
09-26-2007, 11:16 AM
I still cant stand TO or Moss, but as long as they'll keep their mouths shut and just let their play speak for them, I can at least stomach them. One good thing I can say about TO is; at least he's scoring for us now, and not against us.
I also believe we will see the same ol self centered TO show up again someday. Just give it time.

pirate4state
09-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Go figure, T.O. getting love now, and Randy Moss, getting much love, the atheletes you love to hate has made their way back into Fans hearts. ;)

you are thinking of g$$ & b44

I love me some TO! :) I even like Randy Moss. I don't like him when he is playing Dallas. He has always been a Cowboy killer. :(

vet93
09-26-2007, 11:21 AM
I have been pleased at how he has conducted himself the last few months...I still worry about him blowing up. He has a volatile personality and can change from "everything is cool" to "team cancer" in a manner of a few days. People who have the capacity for that type of volatility can never be completely trusted in regards to being a team player and representative of an organization. Does that mean that I want him off the team...no...he is a tremendous talent. Does that mean that you have to keep your guard up...yes...he will always have the capacity to blow up on you. Just my 2 cents....

burnet44
09-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
you are thinking of g$$ & b44

nope cant be
as I posted
I would cut their sorry a in a heartbeat
neither have won
they have a chance now
but I cut em in a heartbeat when they screwed up
the teams they are on are ok WO them
send them to Cleveland

Old Tiger
09-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
nope cant be
as I posted
I would cut their sorry a in a heartbeat
neither have won
they have a chance now
but I cut em in a heartbeat when they screwed up
the teams they are on are ok WO them
send them to Cleveland And that's why you would be a horrible GM.

Bull's-eye
09-26-2007, 12:55 PM

I didn't like T.O. when he played for those other teams, mostly because he was the main reason they were defeating the Cowboys. It didn't help when he scored a TD and celebrated on the "Star". As a football player, I knew he could make the Cowboys a better team, but I also knew he could be a disruptive player. We all found out that the press is to blame for alot of the T.O. issues, but T.O. isn't always completely innocent. I did stand up for all his dropped passes, because I knew he was playing with a broken hand. Everything is going great around Valley Ranch, but don't think it couldn't change. T.O. is like a walking time bomb, and I still worry something could set him off.

Emerson1
09-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I always liked and defnded TO on here

carter08
09-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I can for dancing on the Star. Still dont like him.

yea.
because dancing on a logo is SO offensive

crzyjournalist03
09-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by carter08
yea.
because dancing on a logo is SO offensive

well, you may have been too young to remember it...it wasn't a "dance"...it was more or less two seperate instances of him planting the ball on the star, standing on it, spreading his arms over the field and basically saying that it was his house...a little more than just a dance.

IHStangFan
09-26-2007, 05:09 PM
I still think hes a punk, but it would appear he has matured some since last season....he's keeping his mouth shut, supporting his teammates, and catching the football.

luvhoops34
09-26-2007, 05:49 PM
As long as he catches the football and keeps his mouth shut then I'm happy. I don't particularly "like" him and I sure don't love him. But as long as he does a good job for the boys I don't have a problem with him.

Gobbla2001
09-26-2007, 05:57 PM
T.O. was hated on this board a few years ago.... he wasn't a Cowboy... he played with the 9rs and the eagles before coming over to the 'Boys two years ago... those are rivals... you think New England's rivals like Brady or something...

What'd you expect? The dude was a trouble maker and on another team...

NOW he's NOT a trouble maker and is on a team I'd say 70+% of the posers here are huge fans of...

so the point is what?

Cameron Crazy
09-26-2007, 05:57 PM
look at my sig. got love for t.o

bandera7
09-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Man I gotta agree, so many people were hating him. You can look up the posts, I always had T.O.'s back...I got made fun of by my friends for liking him, it never changed. I actually am not a fan of the Cowboys at all, I really dont like them, but I love watching TO play. He's amazing, nobody does it like him. And now he's getting the boys some wins and everybody is cool with him again...sounds like Philadelphia on this board.

burnet44
09-26-2007, 10:03 PM
"Old people trying T.O. get into heaven"

Bill Cosby

burnet44
09-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
As long as he catches the football and keeps his mouth shut then I'm happy. I don't particularly "like" him and I sure don't love him. But as long as he does a good job for the boys I don't have a problem with him.

tratior

Big Papa
09-26-2007, 11:25 PM
maybe i should say something about how i always liked him...and supported him...but truthfully i didnt like him when he was an eagle for the simple fact he was an eagle...nothing more than that...nohting less....and now he is a cowboy so i like him...i dont care if he talks or not if he wants to get fined he has the money to pay it

BullsFan
09-27-2007, 12:05 AM
I couldn't stand him when he played for Philly, and I was horrified when Dallas signed him. To be honest, I thought he was overrated, and I didn't see much under Parcells leave that made me believe otherwise. But Phillips seems to run a looser ship, and TO (and others) are...well, pardon this girly phrase, but they're really blossoming under his command. And two things are kind of sort of making me root for TO now: (1) I think he gets things called against him that no one else does because he's TO, because he has a reputation, blah blah blah and (2) no matter what they throw at him, he always seems to get up with a smile.

Well, three things if you count the number of people I either know or work with who've said something along the lines of, "Well, I don't care if he's getting bad calls. I can't stand him, and he deserves whatever they give him." There's something just a little rebellious in me that makes me root for that person every time.

CHS_CG
09-27-2007, 08:02 AM
I could personally care less about T.O. myself.

themsu97
09-27-2007, 08:45 AM
see, you got it backwards... he is still a cancer and the Boys are 3-0... wait till they lose a few and the real TO will resurface... he was having a fit in the opener until they finally got him the ball... but I will eat crow if I have to, but no team will go to the Super Bowl if TO is on it... Philly won in the playoffs without him and lost the Super Bowl with him... because it becomes all about him

Ranger Mom
09-27-2007, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
I couldn't stand him when he played for Philly, and I was horrified when Dallas signed him. To be honest, I thought he was overrated, and I didn't see much under Parcells leave that made me believe otherwise. But Phillips seems to run a looser ship, and TO (and others) are...well, pardon this girly phrase, but they're really blossoming under his command. And two things are kind of sort of making me root for TO now: (1) I think he gets things called against him that no one else does because he's TO, because he has a reputation, blah blah blah and (2) no matter what they throw at him, he always seems to get up with a smile.

Well, three things if you count the number of people I either know or work with who've said something along the lines of, "Well, I don't care if he's getting bad calls. I can't stand him, and he deserves whatever they give him." There's something just a little rebellious in me that makes me root for that person every time.

I agree with everything you said.

People always talk about him "disrespecting" the star. That was pretty classless, IMO....BUT, I was more horrified of the fans, the FANS, booing Troy Aikman than I ever was a rival teammate disrespecting the star!!!!

rockdale80
09-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I agree with everything you said.

People always talk about him "disrespecting" the star. That was pretty classless, IMO....BUT, I was more horrified of the fans, the FANS, booing Troy Aikman than I ever was a rival teammate disrespecting the star!!!!

I will never forgive him for it.

pirate4state
09-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I will never forgive him for it.

LOL

big daddy russ
09-27-2007, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
07-19-2005 02:25 PM
A perfect example was the most recent Terrell Owens debacle. Now I'm not saying that he's the greatest human being in the world, but if somebody's going to turn his life into a tabloid it should be a true depiction of his life, not a forced picture of what a couple of writers think of him. I wonder how many people saw the whole interview in which T.O. said that he wasn't the one who got nervous and crashed during the Super Bowl, referring to teammate Donovan McNabb. Most people only saw, heard or read that little clip. If you saw the whole thing, you'd see Owens being badgered into making a stupid comment. All year long the media wanted just a small clip to set T.O. up into this big QB-hating WR who would wind up just as pissed off at McNabb as he was at Jeff Garcia. He never gave them any ammo until then. The reporter started drilling Owens with comments about him taking plays off, that playing the Super Bowl with a broken leg was stupid and that it could've ended his career, that everything about Owens was one huge contradiction. Owens finally hit his melting point, albeit in a cool way, with the Super Bowl comments and blurted out all that.
I'm pretty sure I've defended him more than this on this board. While I still think he drops a lot of passes and is pretty loud, I honestly don't see much of a difference between him and Michael Irvin (also criticized his teammates) and Chad Johnson.

burnet44
09-27-2007, 10:44 AM
I honestly don't see much of a difference between him and Michael Irvin.

"Old people trying T.O. get into heaven"

Bill Cosby

slpybear the bullfan
09-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Give me more and more of the "grown-up" TO.

(...and a compassoinate, forgiving crowd!)

Emerson1
09-27-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm pretty sure I've defended him more than this on this board. While I still think he drops a lot of passes and is pretty loud, I honestly don't see much of a difference between him and Michael Irvin (also criticized his teammates) and Chad Johnson.
TO I don't think has been arrested multiple times, and let's hope he doesn't until he is long gone from the cowboys and Michael Crayton is a 95 overall on madden :D

necks_c/09
09-27-2007, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
As long as he catches the football and keeps his mouth shut then I'm happy. I don't particularly "like" him and I sure don't love him. But as long as he does a good job for the boys I don't have a problem with him. x2

i could care less if he plays well or not but im happy if espn is playing other than something about TO..... and if they are not talking about him, then that means he is just letting his play speak for itself...... which is what everybody wants from him

slpybear the bullfan
09-27-2007, 09:28 PM
...methinks T.O. will be obscured by Tank Johnson.... :(

Old Tiger
09-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
...methinks T.O. will be obscured by Tank Johnson.... :( Jerry does wonders with troubled players. Tank will be a great pick up and will turn out to be a good guy. IMO he was prematurally cut from the Bears.

luvhoops34
09-27-2007, 09:33 PM
tratior

I got two words for u and I can't say them on here.

Emerson1
09-27-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Jerry does wonders with troubled players. Tank will be a great pick up and will turn out to be a good guy. IMO he was prematurally cut from the Bears.
I don't think TJ is really a troubled player. Everything I read and heard said he was great on the field and in the locker room. He started hanging around the wrong crowd and that is when he got in trouble. He isn't pacman jones or mike vick.

Old Tiger
09-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I don't think TJ is really a troubled player. Everything I read and heard said he was great on the field and in the locker room. He started hanging around the wrong crowd and that is when he got in trouble. He isn't pacman jones or mike vick. I know, sorry if it seemed like I was saying he was. He got cut because he was pulled over and arrested for not being drunk, correct? Because he wasn't cut after the gun thing and the suspension.

GoStafford
09-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Go figure, T.O. getting love now, and Randy Moss, getting much love, the atheletes you love to hate has made their way back into Fans hearts. ;) it's amazing what winning does...

heck people forget how poorly controlled t.u. is because they win......

Old Tiger
09-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by GoStafford

heck people forget how poorly controlled t.u. is because they win...... That statement is false and you are making incorrect accusations. Until recently Texas program has been top notch both on and off the field. Mack handles the situations correct and disciplines the players as he see's fit.

Snydertigersrul
09-27-2007, 09:58 PM
TO will take the Cowboys to the Super Bowl this year.

crzyjournalist03
09-28-2007, 09:13 AM
TO I don't think has been arrested multiple times, and let's hope he doesn't until he is long gone from the cowboys and Michael Crayton is a 95 overall on madden :D

who is Michael Crayton??? :confused:

Ranger Mom
09-28-2007, 09:21 AM
it's amazing what winning does...

heck people forget how poorly controlled t.u. is because they win......

UT???

I thought this was a TO and the cowboys thread??? :confused: :confused:

JasperDog94
09-28-2007, 09:25 AM
t.u. Once again ignorance raises its ugly head...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
09-28-2007, 09:27 AM
TO I don't think has been arrested multiple times, and let's hope he doesn't until he is long gone from the cowboys and Michael Crayton is a 95 overall on madden :D Then he better stop dropping touchdown passes that hit him between the numbers...broken finger or not.

crzyjournalist03
09-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Then he better stop dropping touchdown passes that hit him between the numbers...broken finger or not.

oh...Patrick Crayton...I was lost there for a while...