PDA

View Full Version : Lindale still strong???

surfspike
09-04-2001, 01:27 AM
Having gone to every Forney game last year, the only team that dominated Forney last year was Lindale. That team was a pack of destroyers. <dumb question> Will they be as strong as last year (having lost their DaBryan) Rob Shipley??? He was a dead-eye QB and way better than Tye Gunn. Im not bashing Gunn, but he was the size of a lineman and all he did was run. Shipley threw for more yards than I've seen and had plenty of other talented weapons scattered on the field. Can they beat Forney now that Blanton has been fully recovered?? Gonna be a game to watch!

10bears
09-04-2001, 10:43 AM
should be a good game. Lindale will be stronger on defense than last year. Offensively they intend to still throw but will run the ball more with the Griffin kid in the backfield. He's no Blanton but he is legit. Also should be better in the o-line.

kaorder1999
09-04-2001, 08:43 PM
I totally have to dissagree with you. Tye Gunn was a much better q-back that Shipley. Gunn could throw...and he could run. He was a lot better leader than Shipley on the field.

Lindale's offense didn't just dominate Forney's defense last year. Lindale got a couple scores off of turnovers or as a result of a turnover.

In the preseason without Blanton last season, Forney was still able to play some teams close...they played Aledo 12-0, which ended up being Aledo's closest game of the season until their loss in the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong..Lindale was a talented team but Forney played them better than the score appeared!