PDA

View Full Version : you know you're an engineer major when...

DU_stud04
09-25-2007, 09:59 PM
1) Secretly laugh at people who are not engineering major.
2) Have 1321468476132 different pens and pencils from different engineering firms.
3) SIGMA, CHI, BETA and other Greek letters actually mean something to you and I'm not talking about different sorority and fraternities.
4) Laugh when your business major friends complain about tests.
5) Study for a week for a test and the highest grade in your class is a 58.
6) Study more than all your friends combined.
7) Actually say to yourself: I wonder who did the design of this building.
8) Suck at writing papers. Hell we suck at writing anything.
9) Enjoy doing your roommates homework in calc II.
10) Always complain of how there are no hot girls in your major.
12) 99% of your classmates were born outside USA and can’t speak perfect English.
13) 99% of your professors were born outside USA and can’t speak perfect English.
14) Do “given” and “required” for your homework.
15) Go to business building ONLY to see hot girls.

and most of these are true....except i go to the science building.... plenty hot females going into biology or something for nursing :D

PlayaJBiehl20
09-25-2007, 10:02 PM
haha, pretty good, im trying to make it through Pre-Cal, wanna help me?

DU_stud04
09-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
haha, pretty good, im trying to make it through Pre-Cal, wanna help me? :doh: :doh: :doh:

not really, wanna do some heat transfer hw? its not too bad, i just dont wanna do it :D

PlayaJBiehl20
09-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Haha, sure I bet doesn't have nothing on Pre-Cal.;)

Phil C
09-26-2007, 09:22 AM
Hey I graduated from college with a chemical engineering degree. How did I wound up being a CPA?

:confused:

:)

Bull19
09-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey I graduated from college with a chemical engineering degree. How did I wound up being a CPA?

because your phil c.....nuff said

STANG RED
09-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Just an FYI so yall will know.

Us bluecollered workers that have to actually build the engineers wilda$$ concocktions, and then somehow have to figure out a way to make them actually work, refer to engineers as "overeducated idiots". :D

Seriously though, all engineers should be made to actually go out in the field and gain at least some hands on knowledge before actually being allowed to design something. You should see some of the crazy overengineered BS we see out in the field, that we sometime just have to throw in the scrapheap, then turn around and build something that will actually work, and usually for a fraction of the cost. Then some engineer will usually come along, draw it up, then take credit for it.:(

However I will say this. Architects are much worse!

Phil C
09-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED

Us bluecollered workers that have to actually build the engineers wilda$$ concocktions, and then somehow have to figure out a way to make them actually work, refer to engineers as "overeducated idiots". :D

Seriously though, all engineers should be made to actually go out in the field and gain at least some hands on knowledge before actually being allowed to design something. You should see some of the crazy overengineered BS we see out in the field, that we sometime just have to throw in the scrapheap, then turn around and build something that will actually work, and usually for a fraction of the cost. Then some engineer will usually come along, draw it up, then take credit for it.:(

:eek: :(

sweetwater07
09-26-2007, 10:45 AM

haha..my friend is an Architect major at Columbia University

STANG RED
09-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
haha..my friend is an Architect major at Columbia University

We have lots of choice words and phrases for Architects.
None of which can I put on this board.:devil:

sweetwater07
09-26-2007, 10:51 AM
We have lots of choice words and phrases for Architects.
None of which can I put on this board.:devil:

haha..he was always too smart for his own good..i can imagine the thigns ppl like him would "design"...probably fit to buld in 2914..haha

DU_stud04
09-26-2007, 10:55 AM
whats wrong with architects? they get to do it with models

:thumbsup:

sweetwater07
09-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
whats wrong with architects? they get to do it with models

:thumbsup:
thats the truth..haha...architects always pull girls..

burnet44
09-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
haha, pretty good, im trying to make it through Pre-Cal, wanna help me?

In HS?
my kids too Pre-Cal-Cal-Physics in HS
those aint college classes
well for some I guess

crzyjournalist03
09-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

because it was a hit with the ladies.