PDA

View Full Version : 5 most overrated FBS teams

3afan
09-25-2007, 06:11 AM
Pete Fiutak - CFN

Q: The 5 Most Overrated Teams Are ...

Who's rating the teams in the first place so they can be overrated? Going be the current Coaches' Poll, the only one that matters ...

5. Wisconsin
Currently ranked ninth, I'm not quite ready to start bashing like the rest of the world is doing, but I'm close. At some point, the team needs to put together a dominant game and blow someone away. The Badgers aren't higher because this might be the team's M.O. Hang around, play tough defense, adjust, and win with the running game in the second half.

4. Hawaii
Everyone likes to rip on the schedule, and rightly so, but remember, this is a team that blew away the same UNLV team that pushed Wisconsin and beat a Utah team that walloped UCLA. O.K., so that's a stretch, but I actually believe the offense could bomb its way past most teams.

3. Texas
Ranked seventh on brand name alone, the Longhorns are playing like they should be around the low 20s. Wait and see what happens against Oklahoma in a few weeks, but at the moment, it appears to be a bloodbath waiting to happen.

2. Virginia Tech
Yeah, the defense is fine, but Tyrod Taylor's passing makes Sean Glennon look like Tom Brady. This team has no offense. Playing Taylor is a step back to take a big leap forward, but for now, 14th is way high.

1. California
Love 'em at 15, hate 'em at six. Basically, the Bears are living off the big win over a mediocre Tennessee team. The defense is going to be obliterated by the better Pac 10 offenses, and while the offense will pick up