PDA

View Full Version : September 25,1987--20 Years Ago

maroonpirate04
09-25-2007, 12:41 AM
Pirates Are Red Hot!! as the SHS Cheerleaders posted all over campus for that week and Sinton surely proved that as they destoryed the Bishop Badgers 52-7 on Pirate land. Preparing them for District.

On the big screen these films were released
China Girl
The Princess Bride
Real Men

In the world of music "It's A Sin" by Pet Shop Boys, "Where The Streets Have No Name" by U2 ,and "Breakout" by Swing Out Sisters were climbing the charts. "Didn't We Almost Have It All" by Whitney Houston knocked off Micheal Jackson's "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" from the #1 spot to #3 and "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake moved to # 2

WOS87
09-25-2007, 01:57 AM
Ahh... the Fall of 1987 was a semester of extremes for me

My high school alma mater was right in the middle of a 24 game winning streak (still the longest winning streak in school history). The week of September 25th they were ranked #1 in the state in 4A, and they dismantled their 4th consecutive 5A nondistrict opponent one of which was the #1 ranked 5A team in the state (#3 in the country).

I was a freshman in college and watched the Rice Owls win 38-28 over Texas State University at Rice Stadium on September 26th. Even though I went to every single home game while attending school there, little did I know it was the last time I would see the Owls win until I was a senior 3 years later. The Owls were about to begin the longest losing streak in the school's 100 year history, not winning another game until two years later in September 1989, and not winning at home again until 3 years later (September of my senior year) in 1990.

AP Panther Fan
09-25-2007, 09:41 AM
I was six months pregnant and absolutely miserable.:)

luvhoops34
09-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

LOL:D

My daughter was 4 yrs old, not in school yet, and I was absolutely miserable.;)

44INAROW
09-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

I was about 6 weeks away from a life altering discovery - that being - I was pregnant and had a 7th grader and a 5th grader at home also :eek:

Ranger Mom
09-25-2007, 10:10 AM
I was 4 months pregnant with a 1-1/2 y/o at home!!

piratebg
09-25-2007, 10:24 AM
I was 5yo in kindergarten studying girls panties as they passed over me on the monkey bars. Good times. :cool:

burnet44
09-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Was in Hawkins coaching
was a good time
a great staff and kids
I do miss that place
but a lot has changed
its different there now

started my masters
finished in '91

before kids
lol

but were were about to have our first

setxsports
09-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
Ahh... the Fall of 1987 was a semester of extremes for me

My high school alma mater was right in the middle of a 24 game winning streak (still the longest winning streak in school history). The week of September 25th they were ranked #1 in the state in 4A, and they dismantled their 4th consecutive 5A nondistrict opponent one of which was the #1 ranked 5A team in the state (#3 in the country).

I was a freshman in college and watched the Rice Owls win 38-28 over Texas State University at Rice Stadium on September 26th. Even though I went to every single home game while attending school there, little did I know it was the last time I would see the Owls win until I was a senior 3 years later. The Owls were about to begin the longest losing streak in the school's 100 year history, not winning another game until two years later in September 1989, and not winning at home again until 3 years later (September of my senior year) in 1990. Some great times!

AP Panther Fan
09-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
I was 5yo in kindergarten studying girls panties as they passed over me on the monkey bars. Good times. :cool:

I worry about you sometimes. ;)

footballgal
09-25-2007, 11:02 AM
I had big hair and big glasses. :)

pirate4state
09-25-2007, 11:06 AM
I was a sophomore in HS ----- good times :cool: :cool:

Snyder_TigerFan
09-25-2007, 11:08 AM

IHStangFan
09-25-2007, 12:19 PM
I was in third grade at Elizabeth Cook Primary in Ingleside, TX. Miss Elliot's class to be exact. That would be a learning year for me. I lost my first close friend and attended my first funeral. Later that school year (in early 86) I'd learn about loss again when the Space Shuttle Challenger exploded in mid air during take off. We returned from PE to find a tv in our classroom and our teacher sitting in front of it crying. That was a event-filled year.

IHStangFan
09-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I was in third grade at Elizabeth Cook Primary in Ingleside, TX. Miss Elliot's class to be exact. That would be a learning year for me. I lost my first close friend and attended my first funeral. Later that school year (in early 86) I'd learn about loss again when the Space Shuttle Challenger exploded in mid air during take off. We returned from PE to find a tv in our classroom and our teacher sitting in front of it crying. That was a event-filled year. crap.....I was thinking 85...my bad, LOL. disregard.

IHStangFan
09-25-2007, 12:22 PM
I would have been in 5th grade, first year I started changing classes...although it was only two classes. This was a pretty uneventful year. I did start riding my bike to school the year before and also became a latch-key kid.