PDA

View Full Version : Vince OWNS Reggie Part II

JR2004
09-24-2007, 10:45 PM
Vince is the man!

Oh and so is Keith Bullock. How about those 3 INT's!

IHStangFan
09-24-2007, 10:54 PM
more like Bullock owned Brees

KTA
09-24-2007, 11:01 PM
after Vince threw his TD pass to Bo it showed reggie on the sidelines with his hand under his chin, I thought to my self I bet he was saying "I hate this explict content"

burnet44
09-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Bush is a tweener
not a rb not a rec
Id use him on ko and punt returns
you have to have a real RB to win in the league

JR2004
09-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
Bush is a tweener
not a rb not a rec
you have to have a real RB to win in the league

True.

Reggie had his opportunity tonight to show he could shoulder the load when Deuce went out in the first half.

He just can't do it.

Old Tiger
09-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by burnet44

Why? He's ony returned 1 punt. He's no Devin Hester. He is just an overrated player in the league.

DDBooger
09-24-2007, 11:07 PM
man amongst boys in college, but when he was put back there to return a punt and he got caught by a middle of the road lb in the open, yeah, im beginning to agree, overrated

DDBooger
oops double posts

KTA
im not trying to take sides, but I do think Reggie should be returning punts and KO's. Your right hes no Devin Hester, hes better (they just got to give him the chance to prove himself back there). Reggie killed folks on KO returns and punt returns in college (I hate the guy, but hes good in those 2 aspects of the game).....now as him being a RB....thats another story

JR2004
09-24-2007, 11:08 PM
I also wonder if Emmitt and Steve Young could please give Merril Hoge a call tonight after they are done to preempt Merril's weekly Vince Young sucks diatribe that's sure to come later this week on ESPN. I honestly think Jaws might go insane if he tries to do it again this week.

DDBooger
09-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I also wonder if Emmitt and Steve Young could please give Merril Hoge a call tonight after they are done to preempt Merril's weekly Vince Young sucks diatribe that's sure to come later this week on ESPN. I honestly think Jaws might go insane if he tries to do it again this week. hoge is showing his brain damage

burnet44
09-24-2007, 11:09 PM
give him a chance in the open field
thats where a guy like him excells
he is not a back that can carry the team
or an O

his main problem
when he went to NO everyone got faster
he didnt

pirate4state
09-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I also wonder if Emmitt and Steve Young could please give Merril Hoge a call tonight after they are done to preempt Merril's weekly Vince Young sucks diatribe that's sure to come later this week on ESPN. I honestly think Jaws might go insane if he tries to do it again this week.

:doh: When is Hoge usually on ESPN? Is it during the day? I haven't seen him yet this season.

I think this week the only thing he has to complain about is VY referring to himself as "Vince Young" :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
09-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by KTA
im not trying to take sides, but I do think Reggie should be returning punts and KO's. Your right hes no Devin Hester, hes better (they just got to give him the chance to prove himself back there). Reggie killed folks on KO returns and punt returns in college (I hate the guy, but hes good in those 2 aspects of the game).....now as him being a RB....thats another story That's college man. Reggie shouldn't be back there he can't provide the spark. To say he is better than Hester is the most rediculous thing you've ever said. Hester holds the NFL record for returns in a season.

So far in their career in the return game

Reggie Bush(Not including tonight)
15 Punt Returns for 218 yards
14.53 yards per return
1 touchdown

Devin Hester
54 Punt Returns for 744 yards
13.77 yards per return(including his horrible game vs. cowboys)
4 touchdowns
28 kick returns for 672 yards
24 yards per return
2 touchdowns

Hester is much more explosive than Reggie Bush and can make people miss like they are HS kids. Bush has trouble getting past the waves of people

DDBooger
09-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I think this week the only thing he has to complain about is VY referring to himself as "Vince Young" :rolleyes: he was speaking in terms of how he is referred to, not Ricky Henderson'esque! lmao

pirate4state
09-24-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
he was speaking in terms of how he is referred to, not Ricky Henderson'esque! lmao ahhhhh, i was in the living room and all i could hear was him saying "vince young" but not really what he was saying...i'm sure i'll watch it again in an hour since it doesn't seem like i can go to sleep :mad:

KTA
09-24-2007, 11:28 PM
RB 15 punt returns

DH 54 punt returns

and Reggie has more yards per a return!!!!

DH
28 kick returns for 672 yards
24 yards per return
2 touchdowns

RB
ZERO kick returns

if they would give him a chance to return kicks I think you would change your mind.

Hey Hester is a beast no doubt, but hes actully given a chance to show his talents on special teams......reggie has been LIMMITED to very few punt returns. Also Bush is a BIG weapon on the Saints offense compaired to Hester playing 3-4 plays a game a wr....so I can understand why they wouldnt want there "star" getting hurt.

Old Tiger
09-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by KTA

if they would give him a chance to return kicks I think you would change your mind.
. No cause I thought Reggie Bush was overrated coming into the league and now it's being proven.

KTA
09-24-2007, 11:33 PM
I don't think he's over ratted (even though I hate the dude, and think VY should of won the heisman) I just think he's being misused

JR2004
09-24-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:doh: When is Hoge usually on ESPN? Is it during the day? I haven't seen him yet this season.

I think this week the only thing he has to complain about is VY referring to himself as "Vince Young" :rolleyes:

When I've seen him it's just been on NFL Matchup with Jaws and Sal. He had a rather long diatribe against Vince for a play that happened this PRESEASON where Vince ran and didn't throw. Nevermind that he got the first down. That wasn't good enough for ol Merril. It was hilarious because as soon as they started the breakdown of that performance, Jaws prefaced it with "This is right in your wheelhouse Hogee" (Jaws always says Merril's name like that.)

themsu97
09-25-2007, 05:49 AM
keep in mind that these are the Saints that he is playing... and the Saints have the worst pass defense in the NFL... VY better look good...
Bush has not been given the opportunities that Hester has and looking back... I still wish the Texans had taken Fergeson but am glad that they took Williams...

Darren
09-25-2007, 08:16 AM
He is overrated as a RB. He is at best like a Antwaan Randle El.

If you get him in space he is good but can not make as big of an impact as a player like VY.