snydertiger2010
09-24-2007, 10:39 PM
im all the way for vernon,

lakers
09-24-2007, 11:29 PM
I contradict, I am pulling for Clyde. :D

snydertiger2010
09-25-2007, 12:20 AM
we'll see but ither team has played any good teams so it should be a good game. but snyders ganna beat cooper fo sho lol, but we will win.

Dominicfrank
09-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Midland Christian is a good team and the Decatur team was at home, on homecoming, playing the only thing that can beat Vernon, the spread. Mineral Wells very average and altus as well.

lakers
09-25-2007, 10:19 PM
hey could somebody tell me what happened with that big fullback they had last year? I think his last name was Whiteside...
All i know is that he was a BEAST!!!

TripleH
09-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by lakers
hey could somebody tell me what happened with that big fullback they had last year? I think his last name was Whiteside...
All i know is that he was a BEAST!!! He is attending TCU.

wildstangs
09-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by TripleH
He is attending TCU.

Sure it isn't ACU?

lakers
09-25-2007, 10:23 PM
it would be cool to find out because that kid could flat out play

TripleH
09-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Sure it isn't ACU? That is correct wildstangs, Joseph Banyard from Sweetwater is going to TCU. I believe we will continue to hear good things about both of these young men.

lakers
09-25-2007, 10:29 PM
That is correct wildstangs, Joseph Banyard from Sweetwater is going to TCU. I believe we will continue to hear good things about both of these young men.
They r lucky to have him then.
One of my best friends goes to TCU and he was tallkin to one of the lineman there. The lineman's exact quote was(without some cuss words), "That fool slow he wont never see playin time."
That kinda freaked me out hearin that because we was freakin good in high school. Maybe he will get bigger and stronger.

RedWhiteBlue
09-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Whiteside is a moose! It will be sweet to see what he does in college. So did you guys decide he is at TCU or ACU? ACU would be cool- I would be more apt to keep up with him there probably. Is he going to shirt? Surely not at ACU he won't.......

Snyder_TigerFan
09-26-2007, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Whiteside is a moose! It will be sweet to see what he does in college. So did you guys decide he is at TCU or ACU? ACU would be cool- I would be more apt to keep up with him there probably. Is he going to shirt? Surely not at ACU he won't.......

Banyard is at TCU.
Whiteside is at ACU - have him listed as a LB on the roster. He will redshirt.

RedWhiteBlue
09-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the information- I am surprised that he is redshirting at ACU.

Dominicfrank
09-26-2007, 10:10 AM
I am a 3A homer but there are very few 3A players who go D1 and almost zero who go big D1 school. Whiteside was good but he isnt a D1 player. I know he probably got offers from the likes of UNT and Texas State but ACU has a good rep for getting players to at least get noticed by the NFL draft.

Dominicfrank
09-26-2007, 10:11 AM
I have heard that Vernon's QB has committed to UNT. NOt bad. I still cant believe he wasnt starting as a Soph. He is a beast on defense in the secondary.

RedWhiteBlue
09-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
I am a 3A homer but there are very few 3A players who go D1 and almost zero who go big D1 school. Whiteside was good but he isnt a D1 player. I know he probably got offers from the likes of UNT and Texas State but ACU has a good rep for getting players to at least get noticed by the NFL draft.
I didn't mean to sound like I was putting ACU down at all. I am a fan- we have former players in their basketball, track and football programs. I apologize if it sounded like that.

kof96
09-26-2007, 10:26 AM
I bet we will have another vernon celina matchup in the playoffs.

RedWhiteBlue
09-26-2007, 11:00 AM
Okay, I'll bite- you think Vernon will go that far this year??

sweetwater07
09-26-2007, 11:04 AM
He is attending TCU.

yeah right fool.. hes a D end at ACU from what i heard

sweetwater07
09-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by kof96
I bet we will have another vernon celina matchup in the playoffs.

your crazy..if they meet Graham.. they will get beat handedly

TripleH
09-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
yeah right fool.. hes a D end at ACU from what i heard Well sweetwater07 as I have told Black Magic and Snydertigersrul (READ AND RETAIN)

TripleH
Rookie

Member #: 6822

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sure it isn't ACU?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is correct wildstangs, Joseph Banyard from Sweetwater is going to TCU. I believe we will continue to hear good things about both of these young men.

And as to calling someone a fool I think maybe you should take some time and go back and read some of your meaningful post.

sweetwater07
09-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Well sweetwater07 as I have told Black Magic and Snydertigersrul (READ AND RETAIN)

TripleH
Rookie

Member #: 6822

quote:
Sure it isn't ACU?

And as to calling someone a fool I think maybe you should take some time and go back and read some of your meaningful post.

since your a rookie, i'll grant an exception..haha...most of waht i say is sarcastic.. "yeah right fool" is a saying..not meant to be an attack on you..take it easy man and enjoy the board

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-26-2007, 11:29 AM
FYI:

ACU is stacked with players from Vernon. The head coach and the O-coordinator are both Vernon High Graduates so they know the Lions program and follow them. ACU is also close to Vernon so that probably had an impact on Whiteside choosing ACU over a North Texas or Texas State. He is a quality D1 athlete though.

Former Vernon players on the ACU team are Bernard Scott, Edmond Gates, Shalom Richardson and Aston Whiteside. All are good players with Scott being one of the best backs I have ever seen play. All of these guys are winners.

By the way, ACU beat up on Texas State this year.

ACU took a lot of those Abilene High players from a couple of years ago. That was the team that just barley lost to SLC in the semi finals. They had a heck of a team and ACU cleaned up with signing a bunch of them.

ACU also has a very nice campus. It is much bigger than the other two colleges in Abilene.

I remember Giles from Sweetwater. He was also a very good player and has done very well at TCU. I check on him (online) just to keep up to snuff on all the high school players I have watched. -- amazing that he is now a lineman. They may have to line him up in the backfield and then throw to him. I remember that he had some good hands.

It has been awhile since Vernon sent one to a big D1 -- probably Nava who went to Texas. (I don't think he played all his high school years in Vernon though)...I can't remember.

They used to have pictures of all the graduates that went on to play college ball in the field house. It was very neat to see them and there were quite a few up there...but they painted and I don't think they put them back up.

Texasfootball2
09-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank

If anyone has had the privelage of watching Tarleton St. or ACU the last couple of years, both of these schools have some serious talent on their rosters. Many of them started out at D1 schools and have transfered. They recruit a lot of D1 type athletes. If you can go to either school and play very much in your first to years whether you red shirt or not your probably a stud.

Sweetwater Red
09-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Next to Whiteside the best player I've seen in person from Vernon
is Eric Favors.

Texasfootball2
09-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Next to Whiteside the best player I've seen in person from Vernon
is Eric Favors.

Vernon has been putting out someone name "Favors" for years, all of them good players.

kof96
09-26-2007, 11:38 AM
true graham will beat vernon.

RedWhiteBlue
09-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Like I said, being from my little now 2a semi west texas town- I am an ACU fan. Know some great kids there now, Holson/ Basketball- former Jim Ned Indian; Riley Lambert/ Basketball- former Merkel Badger and newer Wildcat Chance McCoy/ Track and Football- former Jim Ned Indian and Graham Steer. I didn't mean to put them or Vernon's program down in any way. Both are great!! Have been for years.....

RedWhiteBlue
09-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by kof96
true graham will beat vernon.
But you still figure Vernon and Celina in the end?

Sweetwater Red
09-26-2007, 11:46 AM

:doh:

Texasfootball2
09-26-2007, 11:59 AM

Graham, Vernon, Snyder, Monohans, Borger, Sweetwater, Argyle, and Bridgeport.

This is not an easy road out of a possible Reg. 1 Div 2 playoff brackett. Whoever is fortunate enough to survive this group, it doesn't matter if it's Celina or whoever? , I would give them a good chance of winning.

snydertiger2010
09-26-2007, 12:03 PM
i was just joking bout vernon beating clyde, i would like to see clyde run all over vernon!! because their not that good like their making people believe, very overrated team

TripleH
09-26-2007, 12:03 PM
since your a rookie, i'll grant an exception..haha...most of waht i say is sarcastic.. "yeah right fool" is a saying..not meant to be an attack on you..take it easy man and enjoy the board Just because someone choses to read before they decide it's time to post doesn't make them a rookie. :rolleyes:

RedWhiteBlue
09-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Never mind.......

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Vernon has a very good team this year. They have good coaching and good athletes. Very quick this team.

Remember , out of the last four years Vernon has won the region twice. They get better each week and seem to peek at the right times.

There are some very good teams out there with Clyde being the next one. I know that the Lions will not take them lightly.

Same with Hirschi, Graham, Burk and the rest of our district. Breck sure brought some attention to themselves last week and I know the Lions will not lose focus of how good some of these teams are out here in West Texas.

Get to the playoffs first. That should be the goal right now. Once there then continue to win.

Fun to talk about who will win this or that, but right now Clyde is up.

VERNONLION#1
09-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Vernon's QB was a Starting Safety his soph. yr, and you are right he is a Beast on Defence!!

RedWhiteBlue
09-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Defence- he started building de fence- whera at? Now how does he have time for practice and be a super star when he is working so hard?????:inlove:

VERNONLION#1
09-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Vernon's QB has a verbal with UNT. He was a starting safety his Soph. yr, If memory is correct I think he was 2nd team all District that yr.

RedWhiteBlue
09-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
Vernon's QB has a verbal with UNT. He was a starting safety his Soph. yr, If memory is correct I think he was 2nd team all District that yr.
All that and working on de fence!!! What a kid.... I better warn the Steers!

VERNONLION#1
09-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Sorry for this missspelled word! Hit a wrong key. Who is being a Jerk now! What are you tryin to say about our QB?

RedWhiteBlue
09-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Nothing- I am saying he sounds like a phenom. I owed you some, so now we are even. I was just wondering when you would respond. I prefer 'wench' to 'jerk', by the way!!!

RedWhiteBlue
09-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Hey, by the way while we are discussing QB's. Graham's QB started as a freshman as a QB. He is no slouch, either. He has built fence on their ranch at Brownwood.

charlesrixey
09-27-2007, 03:37 PM
your crazy..if they meet Graham.. they will get beat handedly

well, we will find out before the playoffs, since they are both in 6-3A.

they are both of the quality that could take them to another meeting (in the quarterfinals)

they honestly appear to be the best of what will coming out of region I Div II

but, we'll have to see how they do against themselves first

snydertiger2010
09-27-2007, 03:50 PM
just because colt mccoys dad coaches at graham, everyone rides thier tails

Dominicfrank
09-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
FYI:

ACU is stacked with players from Vernon. The head coach and the O-coordinator are both Vernon High Graduates so they know the Lions program and follow them. ACU is also close to Vernon so that probably had an impact on Whiteside choosing ACU over a North Texas or Texas State. He is a quality D1 athlete though.

Former Vernon players on the ACU team are Bernard Scott, Edmond Gates, Shalom Richardson and Aston Whiteside. All are good players with Scott being one of the best backs I have ever seen play. All of these guys are winners.

By the way, ACU beat up on Texas State this year.

ACU took a lot of those Abilene High players from a couple of years ago. That was the team that just barley lost to SLC in the semi finals. They had a heck of a team and ACU cleaned up with signing a bunch of them.

ACU also has a very nice campus. It is much bigger than the other two colleges in Abilene.

I remember Giles from Sweetwater. He was also a very good player and has done very well at TCU. I check on him (online) just to keep up to snuff on all the high school players I have watched. -- amazing that he is now a lineman. They may have to line him up in the backfield and then throw to him. I remember that he had some good hands.

It has been awhile since Vernon sent one to a big D1 -- probably Nava who went to Texas. (I don't think he played all his high school years in Vernon though)...I can't remember.

They used to have pictures of all the graduates that went on to play college ball in the field house. It was very neat to see them and there were quite a few up there...but they painted and I don't think they put them back up.

There have two D1 players from recent teams. Robert Whitehead went to North TExas and started at Linebacker and Chedrick Ricks who played good minutes at running back at Baylor. In fact it was Chedrick that scored the two point coversion to give Baylor its first big 12 win over Kansas a few years back.

In responce to another post from someone else, the best Vernon football player of all time is Dexter Butler. Never went to college but he was the best player to ever play for Vernon and maybe the best I have ever seen, he is the best running back I have ever seen in high school football. Ask Southlake Carroll about him, speciafally ask Dane Johnson, he played against him almost every year in the playoffs. Other names that come to mind are Derrick Richardson, Chedrick Ricks, Ed Marsh, Bernard Scott, James Dixon, Shey Favors, Chris Enloe, Sydney Gains, Terraince Gains, list goes on and on.

RedWhiteBlue
09-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by snydertiger2010
just because colt mccoys dad coaches at graham, everyone rides thier tails
That's funny- you said in another thread that is the reason why everyone likes Graham- which is it? I think you need to get off your Colt and Coach McCoy thing....... your confused young man.....

snydertiger2010
09-27-2007, 06:52 PM
That's funny- you said in another thread that is the reason why everyone likes Graham- which is it? I think you need to get off your Colt and Coach McCoy thing....... your confused young man.....

Alright you listen, and listen good, some tard was saying that Snyder couldn't beat anyone in 6-3A, and we could beat Vernon, you people around there don't know us or seen us play, and you don't know what we got! I like Sweetwater better than Vernon, and their our rivals, have been forever! I don't have a problem with Graham it's just ever since Colt started playing for UT, they have higher ranked, than before he started for them. I don't want to hear anything else from anyone until we play you guys!, All the threads on here, I was asking people what they think! Then all these ediots get on here starting stuff, when they don't know jack! They say Snyder people start stuff, umm it's the other way around!!!

RedWhiteBlue
09-27-2007, 07:48 PM
Okay, first of all- I graduated HS before you were even born, so don't start with your "listen and listen good" business!!!
Second of all, Colt is not from Graham- he is from Buffalo Gap, Texas. Graham won their district 8 years in a row before Coach McCoy even got here- so Colt did not make Graham a contender in football, that tradition started a long time ago.
I told you on your other post, I love Colt, his dad and family- you want to talk about someone not knowing someone or something, shut your trap about him. And I can say that because I'm old enough to be your mother.
If I recall correctly and Rixey, RM, and several others- including Snyder fans will probably back me that you started the 'who is going the furthest' and made many other pot stirring comments today- I have played along and tried to be funny to get you off the subject, but you insist on shoving your foot down your throat every chance you get.
Being from West Texas I am very familiar with Sweetwater, Snyder, Wylie, Midland, Coahoma, etc. etc. etc.- and you 'my friend' are making Snyder looking very poor today, but I won't hold it against the Tigers.

snydertiger2010
09-27-2007, 07:52 PM
alright, you guys are the ones who start talkin crap, i was just asking an opinion. ok so you shut your trap ok!

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-27-2007, 08:22 PM
alright, you guys are the ones who start talkin crap, i was just asking an opinion. ok so you shut your trap ok!

I'll give you more than opinion. The last time Vernon and Snyder met (Last year in the playoffs when it counted) The Lions beat the Tigers. That is fact jack.

That was just last year. Surely you remember that.

Until they play again, you have no authority to say that Snyder is a better team. Vernon beat them and until that changes you have absolutely no room to talk smack.

Z~

Cameron Crazy
09-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Alright you listen, and listen good, some tard was saying that Snyder couldn't beat anyone in 6-3A, and we could beat Vernon, you people around there don't know us or seen us play, and you don't know what we got! I like Sweetwater better than Vernon, and their our rivals, have been forever! I don't have a problem with Graham it's just ever since Colt started playing for UT, they have higher ranked, than before he started for them. I don't want to hear anything else from anyone until we play you guys!, All the threads on here, I was asking people what they think! Then all these ediots get on here starting stuff, when they don't know jack! They say Snyder people start stuff, umm it's the other way around!!! Hey buddy, your making yourself look like an idiot.

snydertiger2010
09-27-2007, 08:39 PM
I'll give you more than opinion. The last time Vernon and Snyder met (Last year in the playoffs when it counted) The Lions beat the Tigers. That is fact jack.

Until they play again, you have no authority to say that Snyder is a better team. Vernon beat them and until that changes you have absolutely no room to talk smack.

Z~

lady, you idiots from vernon and and where ever you guys are from started talking crap ok, so dont you get an adittude with me!

snydertiger2010
09-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Hey buddy, your making yourself look like an idiot.

just shut up trap, i dont want too hear any more crap talking to me when you people from vernon and graham started sayin crap so shut up, and i wont say anything back!!!

Cameron Crazy
09-27-2007, 08:41 PM
I think its past your bedtime. Learn how to spell also.

Ranger Mom
09-27-2007, 08:53 PM

You need to chill out and NOW!!

PlayaJBiehl20
09-27-2007, 09:05 PM
adittude Seriously? You should be on the Spelling Bee on ESPN.

RedWhiteBlue
09-27-2007, 09:15 PM
lady, you idiots from vernon and and where ever you guys are from started talking crap ok, so dont you get an adittude with me!
Surely, he didn't just call Zmotion a 'lady'? I may be confused, but isn't Zmotion a male?

Snydertigersrul
09-27-2007, 09:38 PM

Chiles will put Colt on the bench soon in Austin

lakers
09-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Snydertiger2010... You really are making your self sound like an idiot...I guess sometimes you gotta learn when to shut your trap.
Just thought I should get my two-cents in. :D

Snydertigersrul
09-27-2007, 09:56 PM

Z~

What happen last year does not matter, it's a new season. I do hope that Snyder and Vernon plays THIS YEAR.

Cameron Crazy
09-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Chiles will put Colt on the bench soon in Austin Thats a negative.

RedWhiteBlue
09-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Chiles will put Colt on the bench soon in Austin
Last time I checked players didn't put other players anywhere- the Coaches make those decisions....... I do respect your opinion though and I agree that Chiles is a fine QB. I don't think you know Colt very well- he doesn't ride the pine very well and won't go away as easy as you predict.

RedWhiteBlue
09-27-2007, 10:07 PM
And I am really not trying to be ugly, but do they have English and Writing classes in Snyder? Just curious......

Cameron Crazy
09-27-2007, 10:14 PM
And I am really not trying to be ugly, but do they have English and Writing classes in Snyder? Just curious...... They do not. You can tell. They only worry about there football there. No education.

RedWhiteBlue
09-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Cool!! Then they should be state-bound with all that focus on football.....
Hey, what about the game tomorrow night? You know we have been a little on the sickly side, right?

lakers
09-27-2007, 10:18 PM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z214/jmakers/edumacation.jpg
That's how they do it in Snyder. :doh: :devil:

Ranger Mom
09-27-2007, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by lakers

That's how they do it in Snyder. :doh: :devil:

We aren't going to start slamming Snyder based on the posts of a few immature posters.

Some of my dearest friends on this board are from Snyder and they have good grammar, punctuation and can string 2 sentences together!!:p

lakers
09-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Its just a cute little kitten...lol:wave:

RedWhiteBlue
09-27-2007, 11:02 PM
Way to go lakers- I was just asking a little question and you had to go and get us in trouble :doh:
It was a cute kitten.....

PlayaJBiehl20
09-27-2007, 11:12 PM
I can't really guess SNYDERTIGERS2010s age, he talks like my eight year old brother but says he's 18, guess ill give him the benefit of the doubt and give him 12.

lakers
09-27-2007, 11:30 PM
what did i say, it was just a kitten...
I thought it was pretty cute.

DaHop72
09-28-2007, 12:07 AM
just shut up trap, i dont want too hear any more crap talking to me when you people from vernon and graham started sayin crap so shut up, and i wont say anything back!!! OMG somebody is off his meds. Please step back from the computer and take a deep breath and read what you are posting. Better yet, type you reply, hit the Preview Reply and then backspace back out.:doh:

RMAC
09-28-2007, 01:01 AM
This thread made getting out of bed today worth it. Hops, do y'all have anymore games up here in Lubbock this year? I had to lay low all summer working 80 hours a week but now I'm back at school. If not I'd like to make a trip down there before the playoffs. Let me know.

DaHop72
09-28-2007, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
This thread made getting out of bed today worth it. Hops, do y'all have anymore games up here in Lubbock this year? I had to lay low all summer working 80 hours a week but now I'm back at school. If not I'd like to make a trip down there before the playoffs. Let me know. No, tonight Lubbock Cooper-Homecoming, Oct. 5th-Estacado, Oct 12th@Canyon, Oct 26th-Greenwood, Nov 2nd@Lamesa and Nov. 9th-Andrews. Maybe Greenwood would be good to come see or Andrews. Let me know, I have an extra ticket that you can use.:thumbsup: