PDA

View Full Version : McCoy and Chiles play-package....

Emerson1
09-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Expect more Chiles, Davis says
Monday, September 24, 2007, 01:30 PM

Offensive coordinator Greg Davis says he has a package of plays ready to go in which freshman QB John Chiles is on the field at the same time as Colt McCoy.

“We had four or five plays designed out of that group of people,” Davis said.

McCoy and Chiles were on the field at the same time for only one play against Rice. McCoy split out as a receiver, and Chiles took the snap. Rice blitzed and shut down Chiles’ run for no gain.

Chiles returned later in the game to put a charge into the second-team offense.

Brown said he thought Chiles “did really well.”

“We were so happy that we were able to let him go,” Brown said. “I thought we got done what we needed to get done.”

Added Davis in bit of understatement, “Obviously, he runs the zone read pretty well.”

JR2004
09-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Added Davis in bit of understatement, “Obviously, he runs the zone read pretty well.”

And there's where the problem is. Davis still wants to run this style of offense with McCoy. You want to run it with Chiles as Davis said, fine. I hope I never see this play again with Colt. It's just not that effective against good defenses.

KTA
09-24-2007, 08:14 PM
a lil late

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70904

Txbroadcaster
09-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
And there's where the problem is. Davis still wants to run this style of offense with McCoy. You want to run it with Chiles as Davis said, fine. I hope I never see this play again with Colt. It's just not that effective against good defenses.

People act like UT has been running zone read all year..just because they hand off in Shotgun does not make it zone read..They pretty much junked that play after ASU game except the occasional mix up play

Old Tiger
09-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
People act like UT has been running zone read all year..just because they hand off in Shotgun does not make it zone read..They pretty much junked that play after ASU game except the occasional mix up play And that is why the offense isn't donig as well as it could.