PDA

View Full Version : Sad Times at Notre Dame :(

Phil C
09-24-2007, 11:35 AM
This great University in football has a proud 119 year old tradition and has had much glory in football winning its' share of national championships and top teams and great records. They have only had six losing seasons in that time. But this year for the first time ever the University has lost 4 straight games starting with the season opener. Sad times indeed.

Macarthur
09-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Not sad for me.

:)

District303aPastPlayer
09-24-2007, 11:41 AM
2 offensive TDs in 4 games... wow...

Phil C
09-24-2007, 11:44 AM
One of the greatest games ever played was in 1935 in what was when two undefeated teams (Notre Dame and Ohio State) met at Ohio State before what was then a record 81,018 people. This was a well played game even though a couple of turnovers factored in this game. Going into the fourth quarter Ohio State led 13 to 0 and one score had been set up by a Notre Dame fumble. Notre Dame scored two tds in the fourth quarter but couldn't make the extra points and Ohio State led 13 to 12 with just a few minutes left. This time Ohio State returned the favor and fumbled to Notre Dame. The Irish moved to the Ohio State 19 yard line and with just 19 seconds left threw a pass to the end zone for the winning td thus winning 18 to 13. The game created a sensation at the time and for years afterward. It was the first meeting of these two great power. This was to be Ohio States' only loss of the year. The next two weeks Notre Dame was to lose to Northwestern and tie Army.

A great classic indeed.

Phil C
09-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Not sad for me.

:)

Mac you have to remember that Notre Dame is a Catholic Church that instills good moral Christian values in its' students. It is not only highly respected for its' athletics and football accomplishments but is also highly thought of for its' academic reputation.

Even though we may not be ND fans we still can feel sad for the hard times. Remember this is a Christian school that has done so much and has not had scandals and upholds academic standards.

Bull Butter
09-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Mac you have to remember that Notre Dame is a Catholic Church that instills good moral Christian values in its' students. It is not only highly respected for its' athletics and football accomplishments but is also highly thought of for its' academic reputation.

Even though we may not be ND fans we still can feel sad for the hard times. Remember this is a Christian school that has done so much and has not had scandals and upholds academic standards.

Baylor is a good Christian school too, and they've stunk it up for years. No one feels sorry for them.:(

Sweetwater Red
09-24-2007, 12:07 PM

There is the problem. Academic standards are too high. If they
would lower them to say Florida State's, Miami's or any SEC
school's they would be a perennial contender once again.

burnet44
09-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
There is the problem. Academic standards are too high. If they
would lower them to say Florida State's, Miami's or any SEC
school's they would be a perennial contender once again.

thats been killing em for a while
it will be the death of them
unless they change it

see how 4.4 doesnt go with 4.0
its a sliding scale all coaches know
the higher the SAT score the higher the forty
the lower the SAT score the lower the 40
(ok before you jump on that I meant it in general)

onayiomilpbe

Macarthur
09-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Mac you have to remember that Notre Dame is a Catholic Church that instills good moral Christian values in its' students.

I'm not even going to go there. :rolleyes:

Lots of schools have done much...so what.

There are lots of legitimate reasons to not like ND.

The reality is that the college landscape is vastly different than it was when ND was in its heyday. They will continue to struggle if they keep their "holier than thou" attitude about themselves.

injuredinmelee
09-24-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I'm not even going to go there. :rolleyes:

Lots of schools have done much...so what.

There are lots of legitimate reasons to not like ND.

The reality is that the college landscape is vastly different than it was when ND was in its heyday. They will continue to struggle if they keep their "holier than thou" attitude about themselves.

thank you, but dont forget your about to battle an unarmed man.

LH Panther Mom
09-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Baylor is a good Christian school too, and they've stunk it up for years. No one feels sorry for them.:(
THANK YOU! :clap:

Phil C
09-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Baylor is a great school but in football it does not have the tradition of Notre Dame. But they have had great success in Women's College Basketball and in Tennis.

LH Panther Mom
09-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Sorry Phil, but the only folks other than you that will be saddened by ND's performance in football, are the ND fans. ;)

JDOG
09-24-2007, 03:13 PM
I personally love it. And the best part you get to watch them lose every Saturday on NBC. Recruits do not care about the old traditions. Until they also upgrade their facilities and get out of the 1800s they will continue to be bad. Also its nice to see that cocky Charlie Weiss get knocked down also.

underware
09-24-2007, 04:28 PM
I've always been a fan of ND. But then again, I did go to Yoakum and following them. Both no wins? Coincidence? I think not!

Old Tiger
09-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Am I the only one who finds that hilarious?

Phil C
09-24-2007, 04:30 PM
You have to remember that Notre Dame is Notre Dame.

Old Tiger
09-24-2007, 04:48 PM
You have to remember that Notre Dame is Notre Dame. That statement could not be any more true.

KTJ
09-24-2007, 04:59 PM
I really don't think you'll find many people (if any) who are sad about ND's plight unless they are ND fans. The rest of the nation is laughing and enjoying it.

I believe I predicted that ND would go 1-7 in their first 8 games and some ND fans on this website claimed that I was stupid and didn't know what I was talking about.

Well...after 4 weeks into the season, I'll let you be the judge.

KTJ
09-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Wow.

I just looked at ND's remaining schedule and I'm changing my prediction.

Notre Dame will start out 0-8. Their next 4 games are at Purdue, UCLA, BC, and USC. There's no way they will win any of those.

My prediction is now changed from 1-7 in the first 8 games to 0-8.

K. Thx. Bai.

Gobbla2001
09-24-2007, 05:10 PM
I'm for sure not sad to see ND struggling, but it's not like I'm all out excited about it either...

I love tradition... and I respect the tradition that ND has... from the Touchdown Jesus to that train ride the team took way back in the day that introduced the nation to the mythical "Fightin' Irish"... but those days are long gone... what have they don't lately?

they're too damn cocky, they're no one special anymore...

once they realize this they can for sure turn it around...

but until then, keep your network deal and keep to your side of the country...

PlayaJBiehl20
09-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Im laugin about Grossman.