PDA

View Full Version : Futbol Americano?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-24-2007, 11:23 AM
I was watching the Cowboys game last night, and this came up during halftime, along with a halftime show of a latin band. What's up with this crap? Personally, I was not pleased. :mad:

rangerjim
09-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Never could figure that out, even Gloria Estefan sang the National Anthem. That's fine but to have a futbol americano theme in Chicago didn't make any sense.

Maybe at the next Dallas game it will be a "you want a piece of me" Italian night with Tony Bennet singing the Anthem, with a halftime showbased on the Soprano's.........

District303aPastPlayer
09-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Its called Hispanic Heritage Month, if you didnt hear them plugging it all night.. Its not that hard to figure out...

IHStangFan
09-24-2007, 11:43 AM
we went there last night and this is how it turned out:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70851

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Its called Hispanic Heritage Month, if you didnt hear them plugging it all night.. Its not that hard to figure out...

Yeah, well, that's cool and all, but that doesn't mean that every hispanic person in America speaks Spanish. To say that they do is being racist and stereotypical.

District303aPastPlayer
09-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Yeah, well, that's cool and all, but that doesn't mean that every hispanic person in America speaks Spanish. To say that they do is being racist and stereotypical.

who was playing last night? The Cowboys... where are the cowboys from? Texas... What is the majority racial make up, Spanish-Speaking or not, of Texas? Yeah, you guessed it... Hispanics... The majority of the state are cowboys fans, and the majority of the state is made up of hispanics... most of which speak spanish... would you rather they do it for the Iggles vs the Packers?

crzyjournalist03
09-24-2007, 11:55 AM
who was playing last night? The Cowboys... where are the cowboys from? Texas... What is the majority racial make up, Spanish-Speaking or not, of Texas? Yeah, you guessed it... Hispanics... The majority of the state are cowboys fans, and the majority of the state is made up of hispanics... most of which speak spanish... would you rather they do it for the Iggles vs the Packers?

if they did it in Philly...maybe...just because Philly fans overreact to everything...could be quite comical.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-24-2007, 11:56 AM

No, I would rather they not do it at all is my point. This is America, we are an English speaking country. We are a nation of diversity, and English is the tool of communication that connects everyone. I think that it's a disgrace to our heritage as a country to bend and cater to just one culture. It just bothers me, that is my own personal opinion.

crzyjournalist03
09-24-2007, 11:59 AM
I saw many ads last night promoting this new site:

http://nflatino.com

CHS_CG
09-24-2007, 12:03 PM
so should I want to hear something in German broadcasted durning a football game since I am german and live in america? I prefer English.

Sorry if this offends anybody but when people come to the united states why do we feel we have to cater to them instead of them learing english.. pretty sure if you go to france or italy or any other country where english isnt their language, you have to learn it or have a translator... they dont cater to us.

JT44
09-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Chicago has one of the largest percentages of mexican americans in the country

District303aPastPlayer
09-24-2007, 12:08 PM
No, I would rather they not do it at all is my point. This is America, we are an English speaking country. We are a nation of diversity, and English is the tool of communication that connects everyone. I think that it's a disgrace to our heritage as a country to bend and cater to just one culture. It just bothers me, that is my own personal opinion.

Our heritage as a country is bound to thievery and slaughtering of natives... in less than 20 minuted, i can now remember why i stopped coming here... call me stephen a smith, call me what you want, but its a racial thing... duece.

CHS_CG
09-24-2007, 12:09 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Our heritage as a country is bound to thievery and slaughtering of natives... in less than 20 minuted, i can now remember why i stopped coming here... call me stephen a smith, call me what you want, but its a racial thing... duece.

Yeah, but that happened everywhere. Look at what the Spaniards did to the Aztec in Mexico, bloodthirsty for gold. It's a phenomenon that happened everywhere in the world, so you can't just point the finger at one nation and one group of people for that.

IHStangFan
09-24-2007, 12:12 PM
duece? LOL..... :wave:

3afan
09-24-2007, 12:13 PM
folks - its simple

ITS THE NFL TRYING TO TAP INTO A HUGE WINDFALL OF POTENTIAL INCOME - THE HISPANIC COMMUNITY

don't make it out to be more than it is .....

District303aPastPlayer
09-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Yeah, but that happened everywhere. Look at what the Spaniards did to the Aztec in Mexico, bloodthirsty for gold. It's a phenomenon that happened everywhere in the world, so you can't just point the finger at one nation and one group of people for that.

im not, you did.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-24-2007, 12:14 PM
im not, you did.

No entiendo?

IHStangFan
09-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Yeah, but that happened everywhere. Look at what the Spaniards did to the Aztec in Mexico, bloodthirsty for gold. It's a phenomenon that happened everywhere in the world, so you can't just point the finger at one nation and one group of people for that. yeah...its funny how everyone likes to talk about how the "white man" took this land from the indians, and slaughtered them, etc. etc. Nobody seems to remember that everybody took their turn at trying to "take America from the natives" The French and Spanish were ruthless when they were "exploring" this continent.

CHS_CG
09-24-2007, 12:18 PM
No entiendo?

no habla español, inglés por favor

Blastoderm55
09-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Fact of the matter is, the ploy was all about money. Make more customers. Bring new people in. The NFL and NBC knew exactly what they were doing, and it had nothing to do with a genuine appreciation for any ethnicity.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
folks - its simple

ITS THE NFL TRYING TO TAP INTO A HUGE WINDFALL OF POTENTIAL INCOME - THE HISPANIC COMMUNITY

don't make it out to be more than it is ..... some people in here have to much hatred towards Hispanic that they dont realize its ADVERTISING and try and make it into something that America is being overtaken.:doh:

Blastoderm55
09-24-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
yeah...its funny how everyone likes to talk about how the "white man" took this land from the indians, and slaughtered them, etc. etc. Nobody seems to remember that everybody took their turn at trying to "take America from the natives" The French and Spanish were ruthless when they were "exploring" this continent.

Also keep in mind that "the white man" is generally in reference to any European, not just those from Britain.

pirate4state
09-24-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
some people have to much hatred towards Hispanic that they dont realize its ADVERTISING and try and make it into something that America is being overtaken.:doh: i don't think that at all. it might be for some people, but i don't think anyone that has posted on THIS thread has any hatred towards Hispanics. :rolleyes:

that's not what it's about, but just like last night - we aren't gonna discuss it here.