PDA

View Full Version : I think Romo has proven himself, pay the man, don't drag it out.....

Fotbol
09-24-2007, 11:08 AM
If Jerry and the cowboys are smart they will pay this kid, U don't just eat up a Chicago Bear's Defense the way this kid did. I'm hearing the Cowboys are thinking about letting him become a free agent, and the Frachising him(wrong move) Pay the man up front, the only other team close to the Bears D, is the Colts, and Patriots.

Bull19
09-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Fotbol
If Jerry and the cowboys are smart they will pay this kid, U don't just eat up a Chicago Bear's Defense the way this kid did. I'm hearing the Cowboys are thinking about letting him become a free agent, and the Frachising him(wrong move) Pay the man up front, the only other team close to the Bears D, is the Colts, and Patriots.

YOU DONT SIGN HIM TO A FAT CONTRACT YET...YOU WAIT ANOTHER SIX WEEKS OR SO IMO....WHAT HAPPENS IF DOES A COMPLETE TURN AROUND AND STARTS STINKING IT UP, OR NEXT WEEK IT TEARS UP HIS KNEE AND IS OUT FOR A LONG TIME???? ITS A LITTLE TOO EARLY TO SIGN HIM IMO....WAIT A WHILE AND LETS SEE IF HE CAN KEEP IT UP

Macarthur
09-24-2007, 11:11 AM
I agree. The longer this goes on, the higher the price goes. Jerry is not afraid to spend money so he obviously has a plan.

Macarthur
09-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
YOU DONT SIGN HIM TO A FAT CONTRACT YET...YOU WAIT ANOTHER SIX WEEKS OR SO IMO....WHAT HAPPENS IF DOES A COMPLETE TURN AROUND AND STARTS STINKING IT UP, OR NEXT WEEK IT TEARS UP HIS KNEE AND IS OUT FOR A LONG TIME???? ITS A LITTLE TOO EARLY TO SIGN HIM IMO....WAIT A WHILE AND LETS SEE IF HE CAN KEEP IT UP

Stink it up? Have you been watching the games?

I don't have a problem with waiting, but what have you seen that gives you any idication that he is going to stink it up?

burnet44
09-24-2007, 12:48 PM
he looked great last night
but he had the up and down year last year
Id start talks
it would give me some time to make sure he is the real deal for a season
if he playes like he did last night the rest of the year?
sign him quick

3 best right now
tom, manning, romo

injuredinmelee
09-24-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Stink it up? Have you been watching the games?

I don't have a problem with waiting, but what have you seen that gives you any idication that he is going to stink it up?

the last 4 games of last season.

crzyjournalist03
09-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

once again, overhype...the TEAM crumbled in the last four games (mostly defesively)...at his WORST he was an above average QB in those games.

Txbroadcaster
09-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

Look at the last four games and u see it was not as bad as everyone has made it out to be..Just the two bad games in the last 4 were on national TV, so everyone says oh he was figured out

The Saints game, Dallas was turned into a pass only offense because of score and his stats still were NOT Grossman like

The eagles game, their blitz was on him before he could set up most of the time

Fotbol
09-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Look at the last four games and u see it was not as bad as everyone has made it out to be..Just the two bad games in the last 4 were on national TV, so everyone says oh he was figured out

The Saints game, Dallas was turned into a pass only offense because of score and his stats still were Grossman like

The eagles game, their blitz was on him before he could set up most of the time Mr. L. Davis for Wortham will make sure the Eagles don't get to Romo as Easy!

Gp83
09-24-2007, 12:55 PM
ROMO is just unbelievable. I turned to me wife last night and said "he's going to be the greatest QB Dallas ever had".

injuredinmelee
09-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
ROMO is just unbelievable. I turned to me wife last night and said "he's going to be the greatest QB Dallas ever had".

LMAO did you wear your #9 jersey to bed also or just during the game.

Kidding kidding. He has been fun to watch so far this year. It seems to me that he is sticking with his calls longer this year and goign through his progressions not only first but faster and less of the tuck it and run around.

Macarthur
09-24-2007, 01:04 PM
The last 4 games of last season are misleading.

Let's look at the last 6 games

12/3 Giants he had a 58 rating but he completed 59% of his passes and led them to that game winning drive. Did have 2 ints.

12/10 New Orleans 58 rating and had a tough game. However, that was a total team meltdown and he spent much of the second half playing catchup.

12/16 Atl 113 rating - Completed 76% of his passes and 2 TDs.

12/25 Philly 45 rating and not a good game.

12/31 Det - 72% completetion and rating of 111. 2 TDs

Playoff game 1/6 - 59% completion and a rating of 89 on the road during his first playoff game. Had a great final drive to get in position to go ahead late.

Certainly, he had a couple of tough games, but what QB doesn't. However, it's a total misconception to think Tony had any sort of a "meltdown" at the end of last year because that just didn't happen.