PDA

View Full Version : The Cowboys

coach
09-24-2007, 10:13 AM
i know it was a big win for the boys last night and in the seond half they did look impressive and i am usually not the type to be negative about a win but, did you see how many peanlties they had last night...at one point they had 11 for 90 yards (although 8 of them were on flozell adams) dallas can beat the bears and miami and teams of that nature but what about teams like pittsburgh, indy, new england, green bay, and philly, that is one thing they need to work on and i am sure they will but i was just wondering if anyone recognized that like i did.

Txbroadcaster
09-24-2007, 10:16 AM
The penalties are an issue to an extent..BUT also last night IMO the officials had a couple of blatant bad calls that went agianst Dallas

crzyjournalist03
09-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by coach
i know it was a big win for the boys last night and in the seond half they did look impressive and i am usually not the type to be negative about a win but, did you see how many peanlties they had last night...at one point they had 11 for 90 yards (although 8 of them were on flozell adams) dallas can beat the bears and miami and teams of that nature but what about teams like pittsburgh, indy, new england, green bay, and philly, that is one thing they need to work on and i am sure they will but i was just wondering if anyone recognized that like i did.

Penalties were bad, and I'm usually not one to defend a team as a homer, but some of the calls were just plain bad too. Witten got called for an illegal block in the back when he made a heck of a play getting in front of the guy before laying him out...he just did it so well that it looked like it was from the back. T.O.'s offensive pass interference looked to be well within five yards of the line when he made contact with the DB, and he didn't even push off.

Yeah, there were far too many penalties (the back-to-back false starts by Flozell and T.O come to mind), but I don't think it's nearly as bad as it seems.

And Chicago was regarded as the class of the NFC going into that game, and regardless of what you think about their offense, their defense is at least a top five at worst, and the Cowboys punished them in the second half.

coach
09-24-2007, 10:21 AM
both of you are right im not saying the cowboys are bad or anything but regardless if the referees are bad teams like new england will take advantage of that im like yall i can be a homer and defend they boys but im just worried if we dont get the penalties down to a minimum it will cost the boys a game

crzyjournalist03
09-24-2007, 10:23 AM
both of you are right im not saying the cowboys are bad or anything but regardless if the referees are bad teams like new england will take advantage of that im like yall i can be a homer and defend they boys but im just worried if we dont get the penalties down to a minimum it will cost the boys a game

unless you're the '72 Dolphins, you're going to lose a game or two. Just part of it...if penalties are the Cowboys' Achilles this year, then so be it! I'd much rather it be something that the players have control over rather than a collapsing defense or the inability to run the ball.

coach
09-24-2007, 10:27 AM
true, and speaking of the run...marion barber is finally getting the majority of the carries which hhe deserves and julius is getting fewer and fewer do yall see a possible trade in the future?

Macarthur
09-24-2007, 10:28 AM
The thing that stood out to me is how physical Dallas was. The Bears are a physical team and Dallas just whipped their butt in the 2nd half.

It's amazing how much of a difference L. Davis has made in the OL. He is an animal.

crzyjournalist03
09-24-2007, 10:44 AM
true, and speaking of the run...marion barber is finally getting the majority of the carries which hhe deserves and julius is getting fewer and fewer do yall see a possible trade in the future?

no

Julius is a free agent after this year and will most likely walk. The NFL trading deadline is week 4 (or at least it used to be unless they changed it), so Julius would have to be traded this week or next.

Barber got the carries last night because of the physical nature of the Bears. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Jones carry the bigger load next week at home against the Rams.

Fotbol
09-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The penalties are an issue to an extent..BUT also last night IMO the officials had a couple of blatant bad calls that went agianst Dallas
For one the Horse Collar on Jones #21(No Call)

Macarthur
09-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Fotbol
For one the Horse Collar on Jones #21(No Call)

Yeah, if you are going to make a rule and call it the "Roy Williams" rule, you have to call it on folks not named Roy Williams.

BILLYFRED0000
09-24-2007, 12:18 PM
There were two horse collars not called last night and 3 other bad calls against the boys. That is 5 penalties. That means that the penalty situation is not as bad as it appears. The one you want to get rid of is Flo's 2 false starts in a row. The guy must not have a brain in his head cause he has the physical tools.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-24-2007, 12:27 PM
i know it was a big win for the boys last night and in the seond half they did look impressive and i am usually not the type to be negative about a win but, did you see how many peanlties they had last night...at one point they had 11 for 90 yards (although 8 of them were on flozell adams) dallas can beat the bears and miami and teams of that nature but what about teams like pittsburgh, indy, new england, green bay, and philly, that is one thing they need to work on and i am sure they will but i was just wondering if anyone recognized that like i did. they hadnt had that many penalties in the other games, it was just bad refs.

Txbroadcaster
09-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Actually Flozell has a hearing problem in his right ear//never is mentioned on broadcasts, but it causes him problems at times

crzyjournalist03
09-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Actually Flozell has a hearing problem in his right ear//never is mentioned on broadcasts, but it causes him problems at times

what? I've never heard of this...if that's true, why not move him to the right side of the line?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Actually Flozell has a hearing problem in his right ear//never is mentioned on broadcasts, but it causes him problems at times didnt know that, he then be better suited for right tackle?

BILLYFRED0000
09-24-2007, 12:31 PM

If you can't hear what do you do? LOOK AT THE BALL. DON'T MOVE TILL IT DOES. This is not rocket science.

injuredinmelee
09-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Flozell is sickening. When does it get to a point where they do something about him?

Txbroadcaster
09-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Because he is so good protecting the left side

The Cowboys in the second round put an immediate stop to Flozell Adams' free fall, drafting the enormous Michigan State tackle with the 37th pick. Once considered a surefire first-round pick, Adams' stock unexpectedly began falling on draft day, with reports surfacing of a hearing problem in one ear. Teams were concerned he would have problems with the snap count, especially on the left side.

from http://www.dallascowboys.com/news_800.cfm?id=B438F947-DCCF-82BB-A6A53C37BE7E87B7

something I have never figured out, is why it is not discussed more

Txbroadcaster
09-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
If you can't hear what do you do? LOOK AT THE BALL. DON'T MOVE TILL IT DOES. This is not rocket science.

that is not so easy for a Tackle to do..most of passing plays their first step is back and to the outside..You have him looking in, speed rushers will eat him up

SintonFan_inAustin
09-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Because he is so good protecting the left side

The Cowboys in the second round put an immediate stop to Flozell Adams' free fall, drafting the enormous Michigan State tackle with the 37th pick. Once considered a surefire first-round pick, Adams' stock unexpectedly began falling on draft day, with reports surfacing of a hearing problem in one ear. Teams were concerned he would have problems with the snap count, especially on the left side.

from http://www.dallascowboys.com/news_800.cfm?id=B438F947-DCCF-82BB-A6A53C37BE7E87B7

something I have never figured out, is why it is not discussed more Something Madden doesnt even know or brought up.

crzyjournalist03
09-24-2007, 12:36 PM
That same article mentions that the hearing issue was a rumor and nothing was ever proven of it, so I'm betting that's why it's not talked about. Either he has a problem and doesn't want it to be made public, or it was merely one of those draft-day rumors that circulate across the league and really don't turn out to much.

Either way, it is an interesting point and probably deserves more investigation than it's received.

Sweetwater Red
09-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
That same article mentions that the hearing issue was a rumor and nothing was ever proven of it, so I'm betting that's why it's not talked about. Either he has a problem and doesn't want it to be made public, or it was merely one of those draft-day rumors that circulate across the league and really don't turn out to much.

Either way, it is an interesting point and probably deserves more investigation than it's received.

Which begs the question...Did he have this problem at MSU?

burnet44
09-24-2007, 12:42 PM
i hate JJ
but the Cows looked great last night
well prepaired
Romo made some playes with his legs you dont design
jason called a whale of a game
and the GP was great

they looked sharp

the D?
well it was vs Rex

the jury is still out
no one gets D cred vs GROSSman

Macarthur
09-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Flozell is sickening. When does it get to a point where they do something about him?

IM, he is frustrating at times, but if you look at his total body of work, he has been a very good LT. When he gets his paws on you, you're blocked. He does have some problems with speed rushers, but who doesn't.

Go back and look at the second half last night. Once the Bears slowed down a bit, Flozell and the rest of the line were dominate.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-24-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
GP was great

:doh:

I dont think i seen JJ on the sidelines this year in regular games. suprised he hasnt.

pirate4state
09-24-2007, 01:38 PM
I just like to call Flozel - Erik Williams :D

eagles_victory
09-24-2007, 01:45 PM
dallas can beat the bears and miami and teams of that nature but what about teams like pittsburgh, indy, new england, green bay, and philly, that is one thing they need to work on and i am sure they will but i was just wondering if anyone recognized that like i did. coach the bears went to the super bowl id say there a pretty good win

BILLYFRED0000
09-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Right now I would say there are three teams ahead of the Boys and the Steelers are not that much ahead.
Pats (no doubt)
Colts (a litte doubt but not much)
Steelers( some doubt and close than some realize)
Cowboys
Pack(Offense inconsistent and d is not as good as the one the boys played last night).

Macarthur
09-24-2007, 02:26 PM
I would agree that there are a handful of AFC teams that should probably be ahead of Dallas. However, the team that does make it to the SB from the NFC only has to beat one of them. ;)