PDA

View Full Version : anyone know anything about Hempstead?

sphinx1906
08-25-2003, 08:36 AM
Who have they played and how did they do?

RBARKER
08-25-2003, 09:10 AM
Sphinx, I know a little. Hempstead is a bottom dweller in their district, out of the past 5 years they had one good year in 2000 of 6-4 the other 4 years they posted 2-8 each year. Not much of a football school but they can play some B-ball.

Bellville22
08-25-2003, 11:03 AM
I agree, seems like Hempstead uses football season to prepare for basketball. They generally have very good athletes, and great speed, but can't seem to find any chemistry. I look for the same thing this year, they're a team who has the athletes to upset someone on any given night and put a wrinkle in the district, last year I believe they gave Sealy a bit of a scare, but I see them at the bottom of District 23.

punt
08-25-2003, 12:01 PM
Hopefully Coach Cauley will have the Bobcats stronger this year. Takes time to turn a program around. They play Montgomery, Newton, East Bernard, Royal in pre-district so more than a win or 2 would be a miracle. Of course they have Bellville, Navasota, Sealy, Columbus and Stafford in district. More than 1 win will surprise the other teams. One thing for sure they don't have a cream puff schedule. They scrimmaged Caldwell and Caldwell did not score on them. I can't remember what happened at Elgin, I think it was a tie.

sphinx1906
08-25-2003, 12:57 PM
thanks for the input. Newton playes them Next Friday in Hempstead.