PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys need to get rid of

Old Tiger
09-24-2007, 05:07 AM
Roy freakin Williams...

most overrated player in the league right now. Can't cover worth a crap and tends to give up big plays because he doesn' wrap the ball carrier up and just goes for the big hit! Geez! Draft the #1 safety on the board this year!

Dominicfrank
09-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Had this conversation today at work. He is terrible. Gets a pick on the worst QB in the NFL after the game is FAR over and thinks he is the greatest. He cant cover, cant tackel, and a new one....cant hit ! I would rather have Keith Davis or Patrick Watkins back there.

crzyjournalist03
09-24-2007, 10:47 AM
I think he serves a purpose, but I think that he needs to refocus himself.

I think he watched himself on Sportscenter one too many times jacking up wide outs, so now he goes for the monster hit every time rather than tackling the player. I still think wide receivers here him coming when they're going over the middle, but if he's stuck in 1-on-1 coverage, fuggetaboutit....

Macarthur
09-24-2007, 11:41 AM
His act has worn thin on me, too.

His play on the TE last night could have cost this team big time. It's like he doesn't watch film and work on improving his weaknesses. I mean how difficult is it to wrap your arms around a player?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-24-2007, 12:08 PM
I like Roy Williams and think you all are dumb. :D ;) :p

Sweetwater Red
09-24-2007, 12:10 PM
The REAL Roy Williams played for Permian and UT.:D

injuredinmelee
09-24-2007, 12:40 PM
i have been saying this for two years. He sucks and has since he came into the league. I was excited when the Boys drafted him but didnt realize how good of a job stoops did hiding the fact that Jones was drafting a linebacker and not a safety.

injuredinmelee
09-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
i have been saying this for two years. He sucks and has since he came into the league. I was excited when the Boys drafted him but didnt realize how good of a job stoops did hiding the fact that Jones was drafting a linebacker and not a safety.

another reason to hate the whiny little titty baby that is Bob Stoops.

buff4life
09-24-2007, 01:08 PM
try to trade him and get somebody for him before the ENTIRE league realizes this...unless its too late...

Crow22
09-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
try to trade him and get somebody for him before the ENTIRE league realizes this...unless its too late...

Move him to fullback......seriously.

Since all he wants to do is hit without wrapping up, he could be a blocking fullback.

He damn sure can't play safety in this league.

Johnny Utah
09-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Roy Williams can not WRAP UP when he tackles due to a shoulder problem. If you have watched him in years past, and even this year, he never wraps up. They have told him not to, he will dislocate his shoulder, basically means he is not able to. Some pro players are that way. He is one of those. You may think it is crazy, but it is the truth. That is why he horse collars, still to this day.

Old Tiger
09-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Roy Williams can not WRAP UP when he tackles due to a shoulder problem. If you have watched him in years past, and even this year, he never wraps up. They have told him not to, he will dislocate his shoulder, basically means he is not able to. Some pro players are that way. He is one of those. You may think it is crazy, but it is the truth. That is why he horse collars, still to this day. Excuse! He tackles that way and doesn't wrap up because he has developed those BAD habits!

Darren
09-24-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Roy freakin Williams...

most overrated player in the league right now. Can't cover worth a crap and tends to give up big plays because he doesn' wrap the ball carrier up and just goes for the big hit! Geez! Draft the #1 safety on the board this year!

I agree... I have had this debate with Friends for the last 2 years.

I don;t care that he can hit like a linebacker he can't cover anyone. All the opponets have to do is loft one over the top for a touchdown.

Darren Woodson used to hit some people pretty stinkin hard but he would cover over the top as well.

Old Tiger
09-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Darren
I agree... I have had this debate with Friends for the last 2 years.

I don;t care that he can hit like a linebacker he can't cover anyone. All the opponets have to do is loft one over the top for a touchdown.

Darren Woodson used to hit some people pretty stinkin hard but he would cover over the top as well. Darren...sad thing is Ed Reed was picked in the same draft 20 picks later :(