PDA

View Full Version : Umpire Curses at Milton Bradley

JR2004
09-24-2007, 12:28 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_ylt=AqBd5Nt2almveS3E1MvET0YRvLYF?gid=270923 125

Even though Scrabble has had his share of stupid comments and completely outrageous behavior, this is that rare time where he got screwed over and should seek action against Mike Winters, the umpire in question. Throw in that Sandy Alderson is employed by the Padres and you can almost guarantee that this ump is looking at a lengthy suspension.

I'm not shocked that the ump that did this is a part of Bruce Froemming's crew. That guy is one horrible human being and it appears his behavior is rubbing off on the rest of the crew. Thank goodness he's finally retiring.

Bull19
09-24-2007, 04:31 PM
ON ESPN THEY SAID MILTON BRADLEY IS OUT FOR REST OF SEASON WITH A TORN ACL WHICH HAPPENED WHILE ARGUING WITH THE UMPIRE

pirate4state
09-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
ON ESPN THEY SAID MILTON BRADLEY IS OUT FOR REST OF SEASON WITH A TORN ACL WHICH HAPPENED WHILE ARGUING WITH THE UMPIRE

Seriously, enough with the all caps

necks_c/09
09-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Is it clear what exactly the umpire said?

ESPN is not reporting on the exact comment, I do know that the first base coach jumped on him as well as Bradley.

I don't think that Milton Bradley should blame the ACL tear on the ump, he was going a little bit wild, but i guess that depends on the actual words the ump said.

Gobbla2001
09-24-2007, 06:20 PM
I watched the incident a couple of times and it's obvious the ump said something out of line... the first base coach went to rip into the ump before bradley even got there...

as for bradley blaming the ump for his messed up knee, that's stupid...

they say the league has even asked the Rockies' first baseman about what may have been said...

necks_c/09
09-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I watched the incident a couple of times and it's obvious the ump said something out of line... the first base coach went to rip into the ump before bradley even got there...

as for bradley blaming the ump for his messed up knee, that's stupid...

they say the league has even asked the Rockies' first baseman about what may have been said... Well, if nobody else wants to say what was said, then he is the only other person who knows.

The truth will come out, the ump, bradley, first base coach, helton

One of them will tell the media what was said.

Bull19
09-24-2007, 06:28 PM
ON ESPN THEY HAVE A VAGUE TYPE OF DESCIPTION OF WHAT WAS SAID

necks_c/09
09-24-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
ON ESPN THEY HAVE A VAGUE TYPE OF DESCIPTION OF WHAT WAS SAID They wont say what was said, they just say something controversial was said.

(enough with the caps)

JR2004
09-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Judging by the reaction of the 1st base coach I'm guessing the guy was cussing at Scrabble. I personally hope the ump gets a large fine and lengthy suspension. As arrogant as NBA refs are, they have absolutely nothing on the jackasses working for MLB.

And with Sandy Alderson involved in this, you can almost guarantee that a suspension will be forthcoming for the ump once it's proven he instigated the incident. He's about as respected a man as there is in baseball.

pirate4state
09-24-2007, 07:40 PM
I think he called him a piece of crap :eek: :eek: :eek:

3afan
09-24-2007, 07:44 PM
i dislike many MLB umps - arrogant SOBs

necks_c/09
09-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I think he called him a piece of crap :eek: :eek: :eek: where did you hear this?

or are you just guessing?

pirate4state
09-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
i dislike many MLB umps - arrogant SOBs

:eek: :eek: :D

yeah, why can't they be cool like NFL refs? :thinking:

3afan
09-24-2007, 08:09 PM
I think he called him a piece of crap :eek: :eek: :eek:

uuuhhhmmmm - NO

pirate4state
09-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
where did you hear this?

or are you just guessing?

Didn't he say in his *bleep* filled explanation "oh, so I'm a piece of *bleep*" i guessed - cause it just seemed to fit - what else can you be a piece of??? :eek: :thinking:

crzyjournalist03
09-26-2007, 04:28 PM
The umpire has been suspended for the rest of the season! Good move by MLB!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3037237

pirate4state
09-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
The umpire has been suspended for the rest of the season! Good move by MLB!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3037237

Well, isn't the season almost over? Unless he was already scheduled to umpire some playoff games. How does that even work?

un b weavable
09-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
they say the league has even asked the Rockies' first baseman about what may have been said...

Todd Helton said he didn't really want to get involved so who knows if they'll ever figure out what was said.

crzyjournalist03
09-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Well, isn't the season almost over? Unless he was already scheduled to umpire some playoff games. How does that even work?

well, there are about five games left in the season, which is about the length that a player would be suspended for a similar offense. Playoff umpiring is usually determined based on merit during the regular season (if I've got my sports straight). I would think that this suspension would bar him from working during the postseason and most likely his status will be reviewed in the offseason when MLB evaluates each of their officials.