PDA

View Full Version : Who's TAMU's next coach?

big daddy russ
09-24-2007, 12:18 AM
I think we can safely say that unless TAMU wins 10 games this season and doesn't get embarrassed the rest of the way, Fran's gone.

If... OK, when they buy out Fran's contract at the end of the year, who do you think the Ags will pick up?

Bull19
09-24-2007, 12:19 AM
nick saban;)

injuredinmelee
09-24-2007, 12:19 AM
You think thy could lure Rutgers coach away? How about Mike Stoops? Price from UTEP would be a good fit. The guy at Central Florida, O'Leary.

JR2004
09-24-2007, 12:32 AM
My guess is someone who is in the good graces of the high school coaches in the state. If they go that route, Art Briles would be the best candidate under that criteria.

However if they go with an outsider, I could see them going after Chris Peterson.

big daddy russ
09-24-2007, 12:34 AM
Personally, I was thnking they either need someone who can improve that D or someone who can fix their passing game. They don't need a different QB, just need someone who can let McGee know that it's OK to play to win. He's skiddish in the passing game for fear of turning it over. Not his fault because of a porous defense (the numbers don't tell how bad that D really is), but that also prevents the Ags from doing some of the things they'd need to do to take that next step.

Guys that come to mind include Jeff Tedford, Bo Pelini, Will Muschamp, and all the guys you mentioned, injured. Stoops, Price, Muschamp, and O'Leary would come on the cheap, but Stoops still hasn't proven that he's anything more than a great coordinator. I figure Pelini's price is going to be well into the seven figures, Greg Schiano's will be even higher, and Tedford's about twice of what Pelini will make.

One thing to consider is that there's a lot of change left on Fran's contract. It's going to stretch their boosters very thin to pick up a guy like Tedford or Schiano and they're also going to be hesitant to give another coach a huge, long-term contract when they could've kept Slocum and been a much better team all these years.

Bull19
09-24-2007, 12:44 AM
i wonder if jason garrett can come to aggieland to help? :helpme:

3afan
09-24-2007, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
i wonder if jason garrett can come to aggieland to help? :helpme:

good lord - why would he even consider that? :crazy:

Old Tiger
09-24-2007, 07:06 AM
I'm doubting if A&M could pull a big name guy into College Station

Dogman_1969
09-24-2007, 07:09 AM
Rumor from inside Aggieland is that Lloyd Carr will leave Michigan and become the new man in CS when DF is released..........

3afan
09-24-2007, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Rumor from inside Aggieland is that Lloyd Carr will leave Michigan and become the new man in CS when DF is released..........

good lord - why would he even consider that? :crazy:

TMer25
09-24-2007, 08:16 AM
I was thinking they might go after Bob Davie

burnet44
09-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969

wishfull thinking by both

kof96
09-24-2007, 08:38 AM
rc chokem

BrahmaMom
09-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Price would be a good one. Slocum doesn't look so bad after Fran's fall from grace. Leach from Tech might be sick of West Texas, but it'd be tough to pony up all the money. Art Briles would probably go for it. It'd be quite a boost in schools for him. Don't know that you want his assistants, esp LB coach. They are accustomed to having to ride their players hard to get them to behave. Aggies don't need that and would be offended.

injuredinmelee
09-24-2007, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Price would be a good one. Slocum doesn't look so bad after Fran's fall from grace. Leach from Tech might be sick of West Texas, but it'd be tough to pony up all the money. Art Briles would probably go for it. It'd be quite a boost in schools for him. Don't know that you want his assistants, esp LB coach. They are accustomed to having to ride their players hard to get them to behave. Aggies don't need that and would be offended.

You wouldnt seriously want Leach as your head coach would you? He is like Mike Martz, can only be a good coordinator and not a leader. They are both too worried about their offense and neglect the side of the ball that wins championships.

Hornet's Nest
09-24-2007, 09:47 AM
I, personally would love to see Jackie Sherill back on the sidelines. He was a great coach and it was fun watching the Aggies beat Texas every year. Just a thought though.

coach
09-24-2007, 10:06 AM
bdr is right if fran dosent have ten wins and dosent get embarrased again then he is gone. bdr is also right that the ags need defensive type of coach that also has some experience with qb play...but listen to all of yalls answers...

and i dont think money is an issue at cs especially for football...

Mike Leach-? wth he is a great coach but dosent know what defense is
Bob Daive-look what he did at notre dame he is not that good of a coach he can stay in the booth
jackie sherril and r.c. slocum-are both about joe paterno's age and i dont think the ags want slocum back after all they went through to get rid of him.
Lloyd Carr- I have herd this rumor before but i am iffy on a guy who gets beat by a D-1 AA team and his d has been known to be suspect at somtime in his career.

The guy for the job would be-
i dont know his name but the guy from miami...he just kicked our butts all over the field and their defense was unbelievable they had speed and were everywhere.....

O and did i hear some criticism from bdr about stephen mcgee who he called the best qb in the nation last week? lol

burnet44
09-24-2007, 10:11 AM
leech no way-the corps used to have a great d and pride in it hiring leech wont fix that-and the corps wants that again
if fran wont win enough for the corps leech wont ethier-but leech has the corps number 8-3 thats in his favor

briles-a possible maybe-he will work em-and maybe they need that to be good-with all that TALENT they are supposed to have
I would go for this pick

Sherrill-no and way-he is doing tv-and all the probie stuff hurts him-he did win-but too many skeletons in the closet

Carr-no way too big a step down from michigan-but he might need a job soon

saban?-who knows-he moves every year

its hard to recruit in corpsland

you can get good players
but just like PPU no heisman trophy winner

crzyjournalist03
09-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Bill Parcells

coach
09-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Bill Parcells

lmao i was actually going to say that!!!

Macarthur
09-24-2007, 10:25 AM
I think they go defense and who plays the best defense in the country?

SEC

I like Bo Pelini at LSU or Charlie Strong at Fla.

Buccaneer
09-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by coach
The guy for the job would be-
i dont know his name but the guy from miami...he just kicked our butts all over the field and their defense was unbelievable they had speed and were everywhere.....lol

Randy Shannon

GreenMonster
09-24-2007, 10:58 AM
They are gonna go after a young, defense minded up and comer. Why not go after Dat Nguyen. He's young. Defense minded. Has strong ties to A&M and all the tradition. Would probably be a great recruiter. Hopefully he would go after Bob Davie to be the DC and let him bring back the Old School Wreckin' Crew. Then he could go get the Major and bring him back to Texas by naming him OC. A&M would be high rolling within 3 years.

big daddy russ
09-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by coach
O and did i hear some criticism from bdr about stephen mcgee who he called the best qb in the nation last week? lol
I think you got me mixed up with someone else. I always thought McGee was a great leader, but at the start of the season had him ranked as the fourth-best QB in the conference (Reid, McCoy, and Daniels) . Since then, I think Keller, Bradford, and Harrell have moved ahead of him as well.

big daddy russ
09-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by burnet44

you can get good players
It's not that hard to recruit. CS doesn't have 6th Street, but they have all the tradition and the rabid fans. The only school anywhere close to the state of Texas that have fans as passionate as the one in College Station is LSU. Nebraska also offers that atmosphere and recruits Texas pretty well, but they haven't competed well against A&M head-to-head in the past seven or eight years. Tennessee and Florida also offer that atmosphere, but they're quite a bit farther away and the fact that they don't play in Texas at least once, but up to three times a year (Nebraska's in the Big XII) hurts them.

During Fran's first three years in CS, he recruited the 10th-, 13th-, and eighth-best classes in the nation. Also, the early commits from the class of 2008 are shaping up to be the 13th-best class in the nation.

If Auburn can do it with traditionally-"less talented" recruits, A&M should be able to do it with the kids they're bringing in.

LH Panther Mom
09-24-2007, 12:05 PM

you can get good players
So, are you saying that if you don't have a Heisman winner then you haven't recruited well? Wow! I sure feel badly for those colleges that didn't. For shame....

big daddy russ
09-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
So, are you saying that if you don't have a Heisman winner then you haven't recruited well? Wow! I sure feel badly for those colleges that didn't. For shame....
Q: Where was OJ headed in the white Bronco?

A: Tuscaloosa, Alabama. He knew they'd never find a Heisman winner at 'Bama.

If it makes you feel any better (I know it makes me feel better), 'Bama's never a Heisman Trophy winner, either.

3afan
09-24-2007, 12:17 PM
you can't judge a programs worth/potential/whatever ... based on how many heisman trophy winners they've had, or haven't had

all that proves is - well, they were good at one point in the past and they had a really good player

burnet44
09-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

I was talking about the USC's Michigans, Texas, Oklahoma's Ohio State's Florida-Florida State's Penn States of the world

which the crops wants to be
untill someone comes to corpsland and wins like the above programs there will always be a coaching change there
and yes corpsland is a lot like many universities around the country
there is a sub division even with the haves

its talent
and yes while the corps is getting talent
its not the heisman winner and/or vote getter
and all the other kids that go with that

USC has had some great linemen in the past
they have blocked for trophy winners
and they were as good as anyone
the best of the best
thats why kids of that cailber go to those schools
its a whole team kinda thing
if you cant recruit kids that will possiblly win the trophy
you aint gonna get the kids who help thoses kids win the trophy

that is what I meant

thanks

nayiomilpbe

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Major Applewhite.

JDOG
09-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Pee Wee Herman would be good. He would fit in with all the weird traditions and clown show.

Bull19
09-24-2007, 03:44 PM
TOM LANDRY

crzyjournalist03
09-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Romeo Crennel might be looking for a job next year.

lakers
09-24-2007, 05:04 PM
cool

KTJ
09-24-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
It's not that hard to recruit. CS doesn't have 6th Street, but they have all the tradition and the rabid fans. The only school anywhere close to the state of Texas that have fans as passionate as the one in College Station is LSU.

^^^

I really think that's a skewed observation, but to each his own.

And I don't think Frantastic is going anywhere regardless of what happens at Texas Agricultural & Mechanical University. His buyout is too much. According to the rumor mill from the DMN, he'll be back next year for sure...but who knows.

EDIT FOR bigdaddyruss-- I keep hearing that Tommy T will get fired at the end of the year. I find that hard to believe...

PlayaJBiehl20
09-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Major Applewhite.

Gobbla2001
09-24-2007, 05:22 PM
I'd go with Slocum if he wants it... when coaches and players get second chances at things, they always do better (mostly anyway)...

What about Bowden's boy? The analyst? He says depending on what opens up this year he's putting his name back in the hat, for sure after next season... I'd maybe go with a guy like that... he could recruit well with his daddy's charm etc...

Gobbla2001
09-24-2007, 05:23 PM
and leach? I think Leach would have a better defense at TAMU just because he will be able to recruit more quality athletes, but I just don't see TAMU going for a one demensional coach...

Snydertigersrul
09-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Houston Nutt

Gobbla2001
09-24-2007, 05:29 PM
and about briles, I think he's make a great coach at A&M, but I don't think he goes there right off, why would he? he's in Houston around a ton of talent and he's starting to win not only games consistantly, but athletes consistantly... the dude has created himself a gold-mine and he's sittin' on top of that sucker...

Houston is going to be great great great in a couple more years...

Didn't they just get a verbal from one of the top QB's in the nation?

buff4life
09-24-2007, 05:36 PM
I vote Texas gives them Greg Davis...we would be guaranteed wins due to his idiocy for the next six years...

Chris Hart
09-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Anyone who would scrap the high school offense would be better for A@M....

necks_c/09
09-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Charlie Weis or Houston Nutt

big daddy russ
09-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
^^^

I really think that's a skewed observation, but to each his own.

And I don't think Frantastic is going anywhere regardless of what happens at Texas Agricultural & Mechanical University. His buyout is too much. According to the rumor mill from the DMN, he'll be back next year for sure...but who knows.

EDIT FOR bigdaddyruss-- I keep hearing that Tommy T will get fired at the end of the year. I find that hard to believe...
How is it skewed? What school this side of Baton Rouge to the East, Lincoln to the north, and Eugene to the west has a louder crowd than Kyle?

DKR has it in spurts, but it's not an all-game thing. The two times I've been to Tech since Leach took over, it wasn't nearly as loud (a lot of that has to do with the way the stadium's set up), and I can't imagine any other home field outside of Baton Rouge or Lincoln being louder than Kyle in this part of the country. I've never been to Fayetteville, but I don't hear people talking about Reynolds being all that loud, either.

I've heard rumblings about too, but those are probably being stirred up by the same sleazy booster who was responsible for the whole Bobby Petrino debacle a few years back. He's never liked Tuberville, has always wanted one of "his guys" in the coach's seat, and has always looked to stir the pot.

Overall, though, I think Tuberville keeps his job. That 13-0 season brought him back to the inner circle with two of the other major boosters and he gets along great with pretty much everyone else at the top of the food chain. Even if he winds up with a losing record, I still think he'll get another year.

If Fran wallows in mediocrity, I do think they'll make a buyout offer. If I remember correctly, it'll be at roughly $8 million after this season, but the boosters could lowball him. Either way, that's a whole lot of money for any college to come up with so I think that if they do it, they'll go with a smaller-money guy. A coordinator who's licking his chops for a head job or a small college guy who'd come to a big school for major money.

Other guys who come to mind include Charlie Strong at Florida and Steve Sarkisian at USC. But two big questions remain with guys like that-- can they recruit Texas and would they be willing to come to CS if A&M ponies up less than a million? I don't know how skiddish the boosters will be after breaking the bank for Fran, so I don't know if they'll shell out big (Chizik-type) money for their next HC, especially after buying out one of the biggest contracts in college football. Those two will be as sought after as Pelini after the year's over, so it'll be tough to lure one of the big assistants away from the power schools.

big daddy russ
09-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Also, if none of the big names would come, you have to start considering A&M taking flyers like Jeff Jagodzinski (sp?) out of BC, Butch Davis at UNC, etc, etc. If they get rid of Fran, they'll be pressured to make some sort of splash and this would constitute as a splash.

JR2004
09-24-2007, 07:31 PM
I was talking about the USC's Michigans, Texas, Oklahoma's Ohio State's Florida-Florida State's Penn States of the world

untill someone comes to corpsland and wins like the above programs there will always be a coaching change there
and yes corpsland is a lot like many universities around the country
there is a sub division even with the haves

True.

A&M, while unique because of their thousands of traditions, really is a lot like many other universities when it comes to their football team and what is realistic as far as success goes. Until they figure out a way to beat OU, UT and Tech consistently they are going to remain one of those teams, among many, that can win 7-9 games and then go to a late December bowl game.

Old Tiger
09-24-2007, 07:35 PM
How is it skewed? What school this side of Baton Rouge to the East, Lincoln to the north, and Eugene to the west has a louder crowd than Kyle?

DKR has it in spurts, but it's not an all-game thing. The two times I've been to Tech since Leach took over, it wasn't nearly as loud (a lot of that has to do with the way the stadium's set up), and I can't imagine any other home field outside of Baton Rouge or Lincoln being louder than Kyle in this part of the country. I've never been to Fayetteville, but I don't hear people talking about Reynolds being all that loud, either.

Maybe if this was posted 6 or 7 years ago yes. Kyle field has it's spurts also but it's not loud the whole game. Went to an A&M game last year when they played Mizzou, to watch a high school friend play, and it wasn't that loud at all. Hell I could have gotten the checks on the field. IMO DKR has surpassed Kyle Field.

big daddy russ
09-24-2007, 08:11 PM
I haven't been to DKR in two or three years, so that may be true. But as of then, it wasn't even close.

GoStafford
09-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Fran will not be let go this year.....despite what you think. Bill Byrne does not fire coaches, ever.

burnet44
09-24-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
and about briles, I think he's make a great coach at A&M, but I don't think he goes there right off, why would he? he's in Houston around a ton of talent and he's starting to win not only games consistantly, but athletes consistantly... the dude has created himself a gold-mine and he's sittin' on top of that sucker...

Houston is going to be great great great in a couple more years...

Didn't they just get a verbal from one of the top QB's in the nation?

2m plus reasons

BobcatBenny
09-24-2007, 10:27 PM
It is going to be Lyle Setencich.

This is why he stepped down as Tech's defensive coordinator.

A&M wants a better defense. So they go out and get a better defensive guy. Setencich steps down now because A&M is talking to him. It's personal.

:D

LH Panther Mom
09-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
It is going to be Lyle Setencich.

This is why he stepped down as Tech's defensive coordinator.

A&M wants a better defense. So they go out and get a better defensive guy. Setencich steps down now because A&M is talking to him. It's personal.

:D
Mwaahahahaha! :devil: :devil:

Bulldog_12
09-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
IMO DKR has surpassed Kyle Field.

You had me until this. I was there last year for T+1. It was pretty bad. The D was constantly urging the fans to get loud. I think the loudest it got was when the fans were booing kellen heard. Not nearly what I expected from all the hype most texas fans put on their stadium. I've been to every stadium in the Big 12 South and I don't even think DKR is better than Memorial in Norman. This year is a prime example. All I have heard from fans this season have been bad things about the environment at DKR. Thats just the experience and hearsay I have had personally.

BobcatBenny
09-24-2007, 10:45 PM
I will tell you what. The Boone is going to be an awsome facility when it is done. It should be a place that rocks if they can get their fan base motivated and fill the place.

I had not been there for years and years, and I was impressed with how it has been improved.

Give it five years, and that place could be one of the biggest home field advantages in the nation. Just my opinion.

TMer25
09-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
You had me until this. I was there last year for T+1. It was pretty bad. The D was constantly urging the fans to get loud. I think the loudest it got was when the fans were booing kellen heard. Not nearly what I expected from all the hype most texas fans put on their stadium. I've been to every stadium in the Big 12 South and I don't even think DKR is better than Memorial in Norman. This year is a prime example. All I have heard from fans this season have been bad things about the environment at DKR. Thats just the experience and hearsay I have had personally.

About the only bad things i've noticed at DKR this year is are all construction related. Moving the stands closer to the field has definitely helped the atmosphere. I really look forward to next year when the north end zone project is finished.

burnet44
09-24-2007, 10:55 PM
there is no parking in Austin

TexanAlum_06
09-24-2007, 11:39 PM
The loudest game experience I have ever heard was probably ATM vs OU when reggie engineered the upset. that was insane. 2nd place has to go to Kstate and UT 4 years ago in austin. Because I was sitting down low. last year at UT vs Tech was pretty intense but then again I was sitting right behind the student section!!!! I will say this, I would to witness a game in Death Valley and Columbus. not so much michigan, some OSU fans were telling me last year in austin that the Big House isnt all that loud or crazy. fans are more of a golf clap type. cant wait till next season for the upper deck in DKR.

buff4life
09-25-2007, 04:04 PM
the Stands at Kyle Field are also pretty much built straight up and right on the field, at DKR the stands kind of sweep away from the field...but once they close the endzone in we will see...

Old Tiger
09-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
the Stands at Kyle Field are also pretty much built straight up and right on the field, at DKR the stands kind of sweep away from the field...but once they close the endzone in we will see... Once we get around 95,000+ in there then it will be ROCKIN!

Bull19
09-25-2007, 04:48 PM
something seriously needs to happen with fran. he either needs to have the m&m's to quit or his boy friend bill byrne needs to man up and fire him.......bill prides himself on building champions and cleaning house when things arent going good, but when it comes to fat fran he's all over him. bill fired mark johnson when he wasnt doing the job (and the baseball program was in alot better state when mark was being judged compared to the football program right now) and he fired the basketball coach......bill needs to cowboy up and do something now!

this whole situation is making me wanna throw up

bulldogman06
09-25-2007, 05:48 PM
yea, i was at that OU A&M game when Reggie did what he did. it was insane. but a rumor i heard was that Jimmie Johnson was thinkin about comin back. him at A&M would be insanely awesome. hell, id pitch in a few bucks to bring him here

Bulldog_12
09-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
but a rumor i heard was that Jimmie Johnson was thinkin about comin back.

Not confirming the rumor by any means, but he was on campus this weekend.

b_smith07
09-25-2007, 07:23 PM

not to pull away from the topic here, but I do agree with bdr here: DKR is loud, really loud now with the additions, but Kyle Field is loud all game. The Jones at Tech is loud in the student section, but the alumni/outside fans are almost depressing. Not to mention the fact that we can only seat around 55,000. Kyle is at around 90,000 and DKR should be around 100,000 when completely finished. Give Tech a bowl and we could be deafening...but the Jones is gonna be a long time coming that way........

KTJ
09-25-2007, 08:42 PM
All I have heard from fans this season have been bad things about the environment at DKR. Thats just the experience and hearsay I have had personally.

I don't know who you've been talking to but I've heard this from no one. In fact, it's the opposite, especially with the stands being 30 yards closer to the field. Why could "enclosing" the horseshoe make the environment worse? That doesn't make sense.

KTJ
09-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Not confirming the rumor by any means, but he was on campus this weekend.

This isn't a directed at you, but it seems like this same comment comes up every year for A&M. I know I've personally heard it the last 2 years and the year that Frantastic was hired. (you can also take out Jimmy Johnson and insert Butch Davis and it would still be the same argument we've always heard.)

BrahmaMom
09-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Johnson would be a definite consideration. Briles will bring a strong, if crazy, defensive staff. Slocum, I wouldn't come back if I were him. Sherrill, wouldn't that be fun? Leach is a coaching guru, despite some criticism. Do you go for talent, character, or both. And are you willing to recruit differently if so. Applewhite, well, he'd be a strong choice if he had the right DC.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-25-2007, 10:06 PM
All this talk about the new end zone seats at tu, did not Kyle Field have this first? Looks to me tu is trying to copy what the Aggies have already done!:thumbsup:

Old Tiger
09-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
All this talk about the new end zone seats at tu, did not Kyle Field have this first? Looks to me tu is trying to do what the Aggies have already done!:thumbsup: Ya our stadium will hold 95,000+ and sell out. Kyle field has tons of open seats.

Kyle field operates at 96% capacity while DKR operates at 103% capacity

buff4life
09-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
All this talk about the new end zone seats at tu, did not Kyle Field have this first? Looks to me tu is trying to copy what the Aggies have already done!:thumbsup:

who is "tu"?

bulldogman06
09-26-2007, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
who is "tu"?

could it perhaps be texas university??? i mean, im not sure, but id guess at that. here's your sign...

Old Tiger
09-26-2007, 03:23 AM
could it perhaps be texas university??? i mean, im not sure, but id guess at that. here's your sign... Nah....must be Tulsa or Tulane

chugbug
09-26-2007, 07:57 AM
Mike Besch might return to Aggieland.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

Phil C
09-26-2007, 09:52 AM
Hey they beat Texas last year 12 to 7! What's with wanting to fire the Coach who has led this great feat?

:mad:

crzyjournalist03
09-26-2007, 10:07 AM
could it perhaps be texas university??? i mean, im not sure, but id guess at that. here's your sign...

never heard of it...

Fotbol
09-26-2007, 10:32 AM
I think we can safely say that unless TAMU wins 10 games this season and doesn't get embarrassed the rest of the way, Fran's gone.

If... OK, when they buy out Fran's contract at the end of the year, who do you think the Ags will pick up?
Denny Green "They were who we thought they were"

JDOG
09-26-2007, 11:18 AM
You had me until this. I was there last year for T+1. It was pretty bad. The D was constantly urging the fans to get loud. I think the loudest it got was when the fans were booing kellen heard. Not nearly what I expected from all the hype most texas fans put on their stadium. I've been to every stadium in the Big 12 South and I don't even think DKR is better than Memorial in Norman. This year is a prime example. All I have heard from fans this season have been bad things about the environment at DKR. Thats just the experience and hearsay I have had personally. I have been going there for a long time. DKR is louder this year than it has ever been. I've been to both and DKR has caught up. The Texas fans have got way more involved the past few years and not only on big games. Now granted they may not go crazy because a Collie barks or some dude in a white suit bends over but when the game is going on, it is very loud!

Bulldog_12
09-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I don't know who you've been talking to but I've heard this from no one. In fact, it's the opposite, especially with the stands being 30 yards closer to the field. Why could "enclosing" the horseshoe make the environment worse? That doesn't make sense.

A couple of buddies who go to texas have said it is very disappointing. They have said that the games have been very quiet (in terms of a college stadium) and boring so far. Watching the TCU game on tv even didn't sound impressive, especially in the first half. Horn Fans was melting down after Arkie state about the awful environment and having the "worst fans." Granted most message board people tend to take things to the extreme, but you don't often hear fanbases get that down on themselves unless something is up. From my two games at DKR I have noticed that most fans sit on their hands until it is time for texas fight. And moving in it 30 yards can't have much of an effect if the fans are not making much noise. jmo

Bulldog_12
09-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by JDOG
Now granted they may not go crazy because a Collie barks or some dude in a white suit bends over but when the game is going on, it is very loud!

You're right, they go crazy when they get to yell OU sucks in their song and when a drugged up cow gets pulled onto the field. :rolleyes:

Bulldog_12
09-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Back to the original point of the topic, I don't think Fran is gone after this year. The excuse will be the schedule and how tough it is to win in the Big 12 on the road. They will still win 7 games and go to a bowl. That will be enough for Byrne to stick it out. Most people will say it is money and the buyout that keeps him around, but I don't buy that. I refuse to believe that money will ever be a problem when it comes to keeping a coach, especially with Byrne. He has already shown that he likes to go ahead and buy and get the money and pay later. The 7 wins in this season will be enough to get him one more year in Byrne's eye, but if things don't go well the next, then we can start talking next coach. I really feel like he would have to lose to Baylor this weekend to be fired this year.

big daddy russ
09-26-2007, 02:02 PM
I don't understand why it has to be such a big deal. Remember that old saying when it came to recruiting (was it Emory Bellard who used to say this?)...

"You go to Austin to be a part of a great team. You go to College Station to be a part of a great atmosphere."

Kyle Field is universally regarded as one of the top places to watch a football game in the nation. It's not like the Ags on the Downlow are the only ones who believe it. It's EA Sports, it's the Football Writers Association of America, it's ESPN columnists, etc., etc.

Like I said in an earlier post, I hadn't been there since T+1 a couple of years ago, but the difference between the crowds at the two stadiums back then (even for a rivalry game) was VERY noticeable. Maybe it has changed since then. I haven't been to a college game this year and won't get to go for another two weeks, so I'm just going on past experiences.

When the Texas fans make fun of the student section at Kyle for yelling because a dog barks or because of the male cheerleading section, I don't think they realize that those type of things are what makes Kyle so much louder than DKR all game long. It's just two completely different cultures. Most people outside of Aggieland call it a 'cult' because the fans are so die hard. Most people outside of the 40 Acres call them hippies because they're so laid back.It's really not that big of a deal and it really doesn't make the team any better. Especially not since 2003.

Which brings us back to the original point. Who'll be the next HC to lead a team out to Kyle Field?

BobcatBenny
09-26-2007, 02:50 PM
This is a fun conversation, but the Aggies do not like change and would rather stay the course with the hope that if they just keep piling up the logs higher and higher their future will be brighter. They never consider the fact that when working with an imperfect medium, it is too hard to predict at what point catastrophic failure will happen.

What the Aggies must come to realize is, this is as tall as this pile of logs is ever going to get. Eventually you need to start your pile over again because it is burned up or it crashes when the fatigue and pressures become too great. :thinking:

un b weavable
09-26-2007, 04:39 PM
I refuse to believe that money will ever be a problem when it comes to keeping a coach, especially with Byrne.

What about Gillespie? :thinking:

Bulldog_12
09-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by un b weavable
What about Gillespie? :thinking:

There's a lot more than meets the eye on that one.

rancher
09-26-2007, 08:52 PM
HAD A GREAT CONVERSATION WITH A HIGH POWERED AGGIE BOOSTER THIS WEEK. HE PLAYED FOR THE AGGIES AND IN THE NFL FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS. HE THINKS FRAN WILL BE GONE AT THE END OF THE YEAR. HE IS HEARING THAT MIKE SHERMAN OF THE TEXANS IS A STRONG CONTENDER FOR THE JOB. HE COACHED THERE WITH RC AND WAS A HEAD COACH AT GREEN BAY.

Bull19
09-26-2007, 08:53 PM
sherman is the texans offensive cord. :thinking:

big daddy russ
09-26-2007, 08:54 PM
That's interesting, Rancher. Texas ties, strong coaching resume. :thinking:

setxsports
09-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Art Briles!

KTJ
09-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Bill Belechik!

Gobbla2001
09-26-2007, 09:16 PM
Mr. Coach Klein

http://images.amazon.com/media/imdb/01/I/57/46/89s.jpg

JDOG
09-26-2007, 09:27 PM
A couple of buddies who go to texas have said it is very disappointing. They have said that the games have been very quiet (in terms of a college stadium) and boring so far. Watching the TCU game on tv even didn't sound impressive, especially in the first half. Horn Fans was melting down after Arkie state about the awful environment and having the "worst fans." Granted most message board people tend to take things to the extreme, but you don't often hear fanbases get that down on themselves unless something is up. From my two games at DKR I have noticed that most fans sit on their hands until it is time for texas fight. And moving in it 30 yards can't have much of an effect if the fans are not making much noise. jmo Imagine that coming from someone from College Station. The jealousy will never end. Just because yall act like a bunch of retards over there(to everyone in the nation but yourselves) doesn't mean no one elses stadium is loud. Your reports which I doubt are real are wrong. By the way, I was watching the Miami game with a couple of real Aggies and they turned it off because they couldn't stand it. And were cussing Fran and wanted him fired. Just enjoy your little weird world. Your school will always envy "The University."

burnet44
09-26-2007, 09:57 PM
http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/65/89/0000036589_20061220144704.jpg

burnet44
09-26-2007, 10:22 PM
http://www.mrcranky.com/images/captions/invincible.jpg

orangeblood
09-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Major Applewhite? I wish they woud come after Greg Davis!
On the serious side the coach from Rutgers would be a good fit..
A lot of good fits at small universities that are doing a good job. How about Fran's son he has won a national championship...

bulldogman06
09-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Imagine that coming from someone from College Station. The jealousy will never end. Just because yall act like a bunch of retards over there(to everyone in the nation but yourselves) doesn't mean no one elses stadium is loud. Your reports which I doubt are real are wrong. By the way, I was watching the Miami game with a couple of real Aggies and they turned it off because they couldn't stand it. And were cussing Fran and wanted him fired. Just enjoy your little weird world. Your school will always envy "The University."

are you serious. if there werent rules, you would hear what i really wanted to say. we act like a bunch of retards? tell that to pixar, or nasa. oh, when you say "The University", im thinking you come from thug u(miami). when did anyone say anything about kyle field being the only loud stadium? why is it that when we say we heard someone say dkr wasnt loud, we are retards, but when you say we are jealous of "The University" (haha) you are nothing but a scholar, gentleman, and saint? im gonna have to end this post now so i dont get too mad. oh, and if you go to Texas University, which i doubt you do, there is a great reason not to envy you

Bull19
09-27-2007, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by orangeblood
How about Fran's son he has won a national championship...

HAHA HE WOULD BE WORSE.....HE WON A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP WITH DI PLAYERS WITH JUNIOR HIGH GRADES,,,,,THAT WOULD BE THE WORST COACH OUT THEIR FOR THE JOB

orangeblood
09-27-2007, 09:13 AM
HAHA HE WOULD BE WORSE.....HE WON A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP WITH DI PLAYERS WITH JUNIOR HIGH GRADES,,,,,THAT WOULD BE THE WORST COACH OUT THEIR FOR THE JOB

Could you tell I don't really care who the coach is, I hope they give Fran a couple more years................

JDOG
09-27-2007, 09:58 AM
are you serious. if there werent rules, you would hear what i really wanted to say. we act like a bunch of retards? tell that to pixar, or nasa. oh, when you say "The University", im thinking you come from thug u(miami). when did anyone say anything about kyle field being the only loud stadium? why is it that when we say we heard someone say dkr wasnt loud, we are retards, but when you say we are jealous of "The University" (haha) you are nothing but a scholar, gentleman, and saint? im gonna have to end this post now so i dont get too mad. oh, and if you go to Texas University, which i doubt you do, there is a great reason not to envy you Saying DKR isn't loud doesn't make you retards. Being totally consumed with the hatred for Texas and anyone wearing orange does. They are both good schools and that is the bottom line. I guess its just hard to understand all the hate, but I guess its part of the tradition starting with the brainwashing at Fish Camp. Good luck against Baylor!

Bulldog_12
09-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Saying DKR isn't loud doesn't make you retards. Being totally consumed with the hatred for Texas and anyone wearing orange does. They are both good schools and that is the bottom line. I guess its just hard to understand all the hate, but I guess its part of the tradition starting with the brainwashing at Fish Camp. Good luck against Baylor!

Who said anything about a hatred for texas? nobody. Maybe you're an idiot for the fact that reading comprehension clearly isn't a skill you possess. I think you are just looking for a reason to go after someone from A&M. BTW, you showed your dislike for my team first:

Now granted they may not go crazy because a Collie barks or some dude in a white suit bends over but when the game is going on, it is very loud!

Bulldog_12
09-27-2007, 10:49 AM
Your school will always envy "The University."

BTW, we have never envied Miami. Too many people are stabbed and shot.

burnet44
09-27-2007, 10:53 AM
http://www.kfcplainfield.com/tv/coach1.jpg

big daddy russ
09-27-2007, 10:57 AM
http://www.kfcplainfield.com/tv/coach1.jpg
There's the next coach. Coach Fox will get 'em going.

I used to love that show. Dobber's the best.

Bulldog_12
09-27-2007, 12:06 PM
There's the next coach. Coach Fox will get 'em going.

I used to love that show. Dobber's the best.

Greatest show ever. I loved it when Nick at Nite started showing them again, but alas, all good things must come to an end I guess. :(

Gobbla2001
09-27-2007, 12:29 PM
this old "coach" could turn things around...

http://www.barp.ca/bus/coach/motorhome/mc-8.jpg

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-27-2007, 01:38 PM
I don't really care about who our next coach is or even if we get one, I just want to keep playing football, that's what it's all about and that's what the mentality is in the locker room. Whoever our coach is, we follow them into battle regardless, with confidence, trust, and respect, and right now that man is Coach Fran.

rancher
09-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Interesting another lunch with the aggie booster who has good ties. He told me that the AD has made the statement they will reevalute Fran at the end of the season. To him that ment unless Fran does great and beats UT he is gone. He also related to me that the Aggies could have had Gary Kubik as their coach but Gary was never ask to interview. Mike Sherman has strong texas ties and if he can bring a good staff in place will turn the program around.

Old Tiger
09-27-2007, 05:29 PM
http://www.mopsquad.com/movies/images/bad_news_bears.jpg
This guy did pretty good with little talent :D

Bulldog_12
09-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by rancher
He told me that the AD has made the statement they will reevalute Fran at the end of the season.

Not to scoff at that, but Byrne says that every year. It was in his weekly address on aggieathletics.com this week that he evaluates all coaches at the end of the year. I really think he is gonna be around next year unless something big happens.

GoStafford
09-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Not to scoff at that, but Byrne says that every year. It was in his weekly address on aggieathletics.com this week that he evaluates all coaches at the end of the year. I really think he is gonna be around next year unless something big happens. i will say that he seemed to be more aggressive in his wednesday weekly than normal

Bulldog_12
09-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by GoStafford
i will say that he seemed to be more aggressive in his wednesday weekly than normal

It was definitely written in a much stronger tone, but I think he senses the unrest. This is the worst I have seen since Fran got here. I haven't seen this many people call for his head. It's getting ugly and I think Byrne just wants to come across as, "I get it, just trust me on this."

burnet44
09-27-2007, 07:42 PM
if Baylor beats the Corps (unlikely) Fran's gone

luvhoops34
09-27-2007, 08:16 PM
if Baylor beats the Corps (unlikely) Fran's gone

Highly unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibilities. :p

big daddy russ
09-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Highly unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibilities. :p
LOL, They've played TAMU close the past three years. They had an OT win over the Aggies three years back, then an OT loss two years ago. The Ags won last year, but I can't remember what the final score was. I wanna say Baylor lost by about nine, and Shawn Bell was injured that game.

They may not be a great team, but they always seem to get up for A&M.

Bulldog_12
09-27-2007, 08:57 PM
LOL, They've played TAMU close the past three years. They had an OT win over the Aggies three years back, then an OT loss two years ago. The Ags won last year, but I can't remember what the final score was. I wanna say Baylor lost by about nine, and Shawn Bell was injured that game.

They may not be a great team, but they always seem to get up for A&M.

Shawn Bell was only hurt for the last one or two possesions. They do seem to get up to play us. Hopefully we pin our ears back and thump 'em pretty good this year or the heat on fran will get turned up a notch.

burnet44
09-27-2007, 08:59 PM
baylor has no running game
I know they had 200 plus vs Beefallo
this one may be ugly
ill say
45-14 corps

chugbug
09-28-2007, 08:56 AM
Besch is a sleeper in this thing. Watch out. He is a good one with strong ties to TAMU :eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

Bulldog_12
09-28-2007, 11:45 AM
As if another reason was needed....:(

selling personnel info (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/big12/stories/MYSA092807.01D.FBC.Aggies.Franchione.en.34050d6.ht ml)

Phil C
09-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Hey the Aggies beat Texas last year 12 to 7! What is this wanting to get rid of the coach who led this great feat?!

burnet44
09-28-2007, 12:37 PM
the Corps sheep think they should be 12-0

Disclamer

( I used sheep in the context of followers. I in no way implied anything else. Any implinication made by others is strictly not my fault.)

JJ7997
09-28-2007, 01:23 PM
the Corps sheep think they should be 12-0

Disclamer

( I used sheep in the context of followers. I in no way implied anything else. Any implinication made by others is strictly not my fault.)

:rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
09-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey the Aggies beat Texas last year 12 to 7! What is this wanting to get rid of the coach who led this great feat?!

I don't think he led a great feat, I just think his team played less crappy than the 'Horns did...

sahen
09-28-2007, 04:06 PM
last year Bell got hurt when the Bears were down 3 late in the 4th quarter while diving for a first down on a 3rd and long play...if he doesnt get hurt who konws, but our backup came in and threw a pick and then Goodson took one to the house to put them up by 10 w/ a minute or so left.....

anyway, the Bears this year are very young (somethign like 40 or so freshmen/sophomores) on the roster...they havent looked good minus the Rice game and the second half at buffalo so i am fully expecting the Aggies to win by 3 touchdowns atleast....we cant really stop the run and our QB has a tendency to overthrow wideopen recievers and hit a defensive back in the chest w/ the ball on the overthrow....that said the reason teh Bears have played the Aggies close the past 3 years is they have pretty much shut the option down during the games and the Aggies have no secondary whatsoever so we can score on the Aggies...i think this year we wont be able to stop the option though so it could get ugly

GreenMachine
09-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Bill Cowher comes out of retirement to save the aggies:thinking: :thumbsup:

JR2004
09-28-2007, 05:32 PM
As if another reason was needed....:(

selling personnel info (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/big12/stories/MYSA092807.01D.FBC.Aggies.Franchione.en.34050d6.ht ml)

Well if they ever wanted a convenient reason to dump him, that'd be it. TexAgs is going wild about it.

bulldogman06
09-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Saying DKR isn't loud doesn't make you retards. Being totally consumed with the hatred for Texas and anyone wearing orange does. They are both good schools and that is the bottom line. I guess its just hard to understand all the hate, but I guess its part of the tradition starting with the brainwashing at Fish Camp. Good luck against Baylor!

wow. i happen to have 2 burnt orange shirts. i love how you change your tune to "They are both good schools" from how retarded we are. if your next post could please start with disclaimer saying that the reading of your posts has shown side effects of lowering iq, i think we would all appreciate it.