PDA

View Full Version : Texas Longhorns....wow!

Old Tiger
09-23-2007, 10:57 PM
John Chiles should be used in situations on the field to add another dimension to the offense. That would be scary! That's all.

What do you guys think UT should do with Chiles? Should they use him more? Give thoughts!

super1
09-23-2007, 11:01 PM
He's pretty good. But remember..it was Rice. And the UT offense had already beaten the Rice D down for most of the game. Chiles won't see the field in crunch time.

BrahmaMom
09-24-2007, 09:13 AM
UT plays these smaller schools to make themselves look good. I don't think they are fooling anyone except themselves. As for Mack Brown, he makes my skin crawl. Where is the integrity that makes one proud to be a Longhorn? Brown gets the most talented recruits, wins the Rose Bowl--great. But six of his players have had legal problems since June. Alumni would rather have integrity and character, I think. As an alum, I know I would.

Old Tiger
09-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Stick to the topic at hand...you'll just start a ruckus.

injuredinmelee
09-24-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
UT plays these smaller schools to make themselves look good. I don't think they are fooling anyone except themselves. As for Mack Brown, he makes my skin crawl. Where is the integrity that makes one proud to be a Longhorn? Brown gets the most talented recruits, wins the Rose Bowl--great. But six of his players have had legal problems since June. Alumni would rather have integrity and character, I think. As an alum, I know I would.

where has Mack lacked in integrity?

Old Tiger
09-24-2007, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
where has Mack lacked in integrity? let it go injured i'm having a good day :)

PlayaJBiehl20
09-24-2007, 09:35 AM

Last time i checked you can't live with your players in their dorm room, its his job to get talent there, he's doing that every program has their problems, they haven't had hardly any off field incidents in the past couple of years, then now of the sudden you think Mack Brown is Larry Coker. He's a good coach, and last time i checked they're not scheduling div 1aa appalachian state or mid tenn state. They scheduled UCF,UNT, Rice, and Arkansas State. Last time i checked no body else is scheduling usc, besides Nebraska, now they're out of the hunt for the national championship.

kof96
09-24-2007, 09:39 AM
oklahoma oklahoma oklahoma will blow blow the horns away!!:eek:

BIG_STICK
09-24-2007, 09:43 AM
New saying around Austin is BOOK'EM

BILLYFRED0000
09-24-2007, 12:28 PM

This statement is a hater statement plain and simple. Everybody plays these schools early. Ever hear of Appalachian state. Not until they beat Michigan. Who did OU play? UNT. Next time you want to knock a program and try to hide it use something a little more credible.

What about the High School programs that play the same thugs and try to get them out of the hood? Some of these kids are high risk. I would rather give them a chance then if they blow it so be it.

3afan
09-24-2007, 12:30 PM

EVERYONE plays "smaller schools", no exceptions. they have to. thats a non-issue for FBS schools.

Gp83
09-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by kof96
oklahoma oklahoma oklahoma will blow blow the horns away!!:eek:

As bad as Miami did a&m?

hookandladder
09-24-2007, 12:51 PM

If you are really an alum, you definitely do not seem to be a real longhorn fan. Sounds to me like you went to school their but had no interest in sports. Texas has some off the field problems and you jump right on the aggie bandwagon of bashing the Texas program. As for bashing Mack Brown I think this speaks volumes of your lack of knowledge of sports.

buff4life
09-24-2007, 12:55 PM

even though i completely disagree...the facts are that UCF is the ninth largest school in the nation, not a small school, and Rice and TCU aren't too small themselves, ASU has an argument tho...

LH Panther Mom
09-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Did they ever play Chiles Saturday night? I was asleep, woke up just after the 4th qtr started and McCoy was still in. They kicked a field goal right after to make it 58 points. I changed the channel, so didn't see if they subbed or not.

Emerson1
09-24-2007, 01:20 PM
John Chiles better be on the field now that his redshirt was wasted saturday. I really hope they play him more then just garbage get the ball and run forward minutes like he did against rice.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-24-2007, 02:16 PM

Big write up on all the tu players that were in deep with the law, this was in the Houston paper this morning.
Are all these players still playing?

Mack Brown is getting his team ready for OU, by playing the smaller schools.

3afan
09-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma

So whats wrong with that? Every FBS plays smaller schools, there is no way around it!!!

Besides, 98% of the schools are "smaller" than Texas ....

and I am not specifically defensing UT's schedule -- ANY big/major FBS school has to schedule smaller schools

KTA
09-24-2007, 04:05 PM
I (get ready for a shock yall) agree with Emerson. His RS is toast, but did yall notice how he blew by defenders....remind you of anybody? His running (and just the threat of him running opening up the running game for Vondrel) was a thing of beauty

Darren
09-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
John Chiles should be used in situations on the field to add another dimension to the offense. That would be scary! That's all.

What do you guys think UT should do with Chiles? Should they use him more? Give thoughts!

Yes they should use him as a slot receiver or in some way get him involved in the offense.

Gobbla2001
09-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Mack Brown has laid down some punishment... the dude came to UT to coach football, not to hold his players hands... stuff happens, 18+ year olds are individuals last time I checked...

KTJ
09-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Big write up on all the tu players that were in deep with the law, this was in the Houston paper this morning.
Are all these players still playing?

Yes, Texas should be playing a Michigan, Cal, or Virginia Tech type team in OOC every year.

Name me one D1 school who does that? Just one....and ND doesn't count.

:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
09-24-2007, 04:57 PM
KTJ how many wins away from passing ND for #2 are we?

KTJ
09-24-2007, 05:00 PM
KTJ how many wins away from passing ND for #2 are we?

It's either 7 or 8. But I think it's 7.

Old Tiger
09-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
It's either 7 or 8. But I think it's 7. even after the 0-4 start?

KTJ
09-24-2007, 05:10 PM
even after the 0-4 start?

Yes.