PDA

View Full Version : Are you kidding me?!

IHStangFan
09-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Please ...someone pinch me and tell me I still live in America. I just saw a Madden 08 commercial...and it was entirely in spanish! What the crap?? :mad:

burnet44
09-23-2007, 07:55 PM
inclusion, tolerance and diversity son

pirate4state
09-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Please ...someone pinch me and tell me I still live in America. I just saw a Madden 08 commercial...and it was entirely in spanish! What the crap?? :mad: You still live here and I believe MY expression was "WTH"??? :rolleyes:

IHStangFan
09-23-2007, 08:07 PM
tolerance is one thing....but "political correctness" and this passive "oh we're a melting pot, be tolerant" mentality is rotting this country from the inside out. America used to be a proud nation, one that was won w/ the blood and sweat of many tough, determined and proud people that overcame adversity and hardships to make America what we today take for granted. I have nothing against immigrants coming into this country to better themselves and give their families a chance at success, but why should we have to change to cater to these immigrants? They came to OUR country. They need to be the ones adjusting and conforming...if not..why do we even bother w/ "homeland security" and Border Patrol...it seems to be a huge waste of money if that is the case. Why don't we just have a big sign on each border saying "come in, take over, we don't mind"........ and yes...I still live here, but that doesn't mean that I like where this country is headed.

burnet44
09-23-2007, 08:12 PM
WE were the immagrants first
the Indians were the natives
WE took the land from them
and stuck them on worthless land and called it a reservation

Who-dun-it!!?
09-23-2007, 08:15 PM
Sorry to tell you this but you are now expected to learn every other freakin language in the world in order to please the people who want to live here bur lack the respect for our country to learn our language. Good luck with that.

Who-dun-it!!?
09-23-2007, 08:15 PM
Sorry to tell you this but you are now expected to learn every other freakin language in the world in order to please the people who want to live here bur lack the respect for our country to learn our language. Good luck with that.

IHStangFan
09-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
and stuck them on worthless land and called it a reservation :rolleyes:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-23-2007, 08:18 PM
are u kidding me? The Vaqueros are getting robbed in Chicago by the REFS:mad:

IHStangFan
09-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
are u kidding me? The Vaqueros are getting robbed in Chicago by the REFS:mad: good :) but yeah...I just saw that...geezus, LOL.

IHStangFan
09-23-2007, 08:19 PM
oh...and evidently I'm watching "Futbol Americano" :rolleyes:

lion75
09-23-2007, 08:19 PM
and stuck them on worthless land and called it a reservation that worthless land is still worthless....and it's called Oklahoma

Who-dun-it!!?
09-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by lion75
that worthless land is still worthless....and it's called Oklahoma :clap: :clap: :clap:

IHStangFan
09-23-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by lion75
that worthless land is still worthless....and it's called Oklahoma LOL! and whats w/ this "we" crap Burnet?? Next you're gonna say I had something to do w/ slavery too. I didn't take this land from anyone..but now that its "mine" I am going to speak on matters that concern me and protect it where I can.

burnet44
09-23-2007, 08:22 PM
and Utah
and New Mexico

pirate4state
09-23-2007, 08:26 PM
LOL! and whats w/ this "we" crap Burnet?? Next you're gonna say I had something to do w/ slavery too. I didn't take this land from anyone..but now that its "mine" I am going to speak on matters that concern me and protect it where I can. he must have a mouse in his pocket :D

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2007, 08:28 PM
oh...and evidently I'm watching "Futbol Americano" :rolleyes:
Sounds like you accidentally changed the language on your TV. :D Either that, or you're watching Telemundo. ;)

burnet44
09-23-2007, 08:30 PM
I didn't take this land from anyone..but now that its "mine" I am going to speak on matters that concern me and protect it where I can.

If you didnt take it
how is it yours?

IHStangFan
09-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Sounds like you accidentally changed the language on your TV. :D Either that, or you're watching Telemundo. ;) LOL, thats what I asked my wife..."did you hit the SAP button on the remote"?

Gobbler Fan
09-23-2007, 08:34 PM
They are celebrating the beginning of Hispanic Heritage Month ...hell they had Gloria Estevan sp* sing the National Anthem .

Get with the program .:devil:

Emerson1
09-23-2007, 08:34 PM
wow, i am agreeing with b44:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

IHStangFan
09-23-2007, 08:36 PM
If you didnt take it
how is it yours? I was born here, I served in the armed forces to protect what you seem to take for granted..and I'll be damned if I'll stand by while people w/ your mindset let it be taken away. If you feel so bad for the indians you can always make a donation, perhaps build a museum... or take your butt to a reservation...maybe a hunger strike....If you somehow feel guilty about how America came to be..maybe you don't belong here...but while you ARE here... maybe you should take some pride in what you have and be a little concerned when it is threatened....if not...maybe I'll come up your way and take your house and maybe your truck. You don't seem to mind when what is yours is being taken from you. :rolleyes:

Gobbler Fan
09-23-2007, 08:37 PM
whoa ...just how are we threatened by a little spanish on a tv comercial ?

Im sure many of your fellow soldiers were of Hispanic Heritage .

IHStangFan
09-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan

I,m sure many of your fellow soldiers were of Hispanic Heritage . yeah..they were...and so are many of my friends..but they are Americans first....and if you don't see the trends developing in this country you are blind. I am not going to get into politics as thats a no-no.

burnet44
09-23-2007, 08:41 PM

ya think?

Gobbler Fan
09-23-2007, 08:42 PM
you started this whole thing maybe tongue in cheek but you said what you said ...maybe you should heed your own advice .

IHStangFan
09-23-2007, 08:43 PM
you started this whole thing maybe tongue in cheek but you said what you said ...maybe you should heed your own advice . do you not think that immigrants should learn english? Why should we as Americans have to cater to everyone that decides they want to come here? Why does it bother you that I feel this way? You too 44? what is so wrong w/ expecting people who come here to learn english?

pirate4state
09-23-2007, 08:44 PM

imo, it's more than just ONE commerical. I am of mexican/spanish descent, but I was born here and my parents were born here and at least one grand parent was born here and I don't like it when the mentality becomes YOU MUST learn spanish so we are gonna shove it down your throat. WRONG. But these are just MY opinions - you & everyone else are entitled to your own.

IHStangFan
09-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
imo, it's more than just ONE commerical. I am of mexican/spanish descent, but I was born here and my parents were born here and at least one grand parent was born here and I don't like it when the mentality becomes YOU MUST learn spanish so we are gonna shove it down your throat. WRONG. But these are just MY opinions - you & everyone else are entitled to your own. amen...what if the commercials were in arabic...would everyone still be so "tolerant"? Probably not. The mindset of this country has changed in the last 25 years. Do you think we'd of played commercials in German or Japanese after the 2nd world war? Do we NOW? Yet..I know there are plenty of Japanese and German immigrants in this country. If you think that we are not being invaded from the south you're sorely mistaken. I'd like to invite you to southern Arizona to sit on my buddy's front porch and witness it first hand. I am done w/ this topic. I feel how I feel...I DID say it Gobbler, you're right. I stick by my convictions and will continue to do so. :)

mistanice
09-23-2007, 08:49 PM

I have a professor that is an Indian. She is Comanche to be exact. After being in her class for about a month now, she seems to hold a grudge against the "White Man." Does she have every right to feel this way? or is it along of the same lines of black people holding a grudge nowadays about slavery? apples and oranges?

Emerson1
09-23-2007, 08:52 PM
English isn't even the official language of the U.S.

LH Panther Mom
Originally posted by mistanice
I have a professor that is an Indian. She is Comanche to be exact. After being in her class for about a month now, she seems to hold a grudge against the "White Man." Does she have every right to feel this way? or is it along of the same lines of black people holding a grudge nowadays about slavery? apples and oranges?
The way I look at it, if you're holding a grudge about something that happened to people who died 100-200 (and longer) years ago, then there are bigger issues at hand. :)

Gobbler Fan
You guy's need to lighten up ...nothing is going to change the fact the the USA is going to keep drawing more and more immigrants . Go to any inner city -china town, Little Italy ect. ect and your going to see different cultures maybe you need to come out of your cocoons more often . I really dont think anyone is trying to force feed anything to anyone it's just that some people have a very small view of the way things should be .

burnet44
09-23-2007, 08:54 PM
I was born here, I served in the armed forces to protect what you seem to take for granted..and I'll be damned if I'll stand by while people w/ your mindset let it be taken away.

Ok look
I was born here also
My Irish ancestors migrated here after the potato blight
My dad served in WWII and in Korea
and no I dont take this country for granted
I just replied to the post saying It was theirs and we didnt take it

Look we took Texas from Mexico ok
Our country is the greatest on earth BECAUSE WE have fought for it
and YES If you knew me you would know how much I understand that
Im so conservative I make Ann Coulter look like Hillary Clinton

If you feel so bad for the indians you can always make a donation, perhaps build a museum... or take your butt to a reservation...maybe a hunger strike....If you somehow feel guilty about how America came to be..

I asure you I dont feel guility about that
we fought for it
developed it
made it into what it is today
the people who served
the people who worked in this country building infastructure
highways, dams, inovations, cars, technology
I am not a liberal who will go on a hunger strike I asure you

be..maybe you don't belong here...but while you ARE here... maybe you should take some pride in what you have and be a little concerned when it is threatened....

I have more pride in this country than you understand
and I am concerned by the events taking place at this time in history

.if not...maybe I'll come up your way and take your house and maybe your truck. You don't seem to mind when what is yours is being taken from you. :rolleyes:

funny real funny

thread alert
The Emergency Thread-Lock System is on defcon 3

VanKampen
09-23-2007, 08:56 PM
im glad you dont run this country. why dont you look at every other country in the world. almost all of them if not all have official languages and one or two different races of people. america has every race that exists. english speaking make up the majority yet the mexicans are finding a nonviolent way to once again take over texas and maybe even this time the USA. hispanic heritage month can go to mexico. bring in white power month

SintonFan_inAustin
09-23-2007, 08:56 PM
amen...what if the commercials were in arabic...would everyone still be so "tolerant"? Probably not. The mindset of this country has changed in the last 25 years. Do you think we'd of played commercials in German or Japanese after the 2nd world war? Do we NOW? Yet..I know there are plenty of Japanese and German immigrants in this country. If you think that we are not being invaded from the south you're sorely mistaken. I'd like to invite you to southern Arizona to sit on my buddy's front porch and witness it first hand. I am done w/ this topic. I feel how I feel...I DID say it Gobbler, you're right. I stick by my convictions and will continue to do so. :) u didnt see T.O. in japanese commericial? its Advertising to all of American people and they look for ways to reach everybody .

Gobbler Fan
09-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by VanKampen
im glad you dont run this country. why dont you look at every other country in the world. almost all of them if not all have official languages and one or two different races of people. america has every race that exists. english speaking make up the majority yet the mexicans are finding a nonviolent way to once again take over texas and maybe even this time the USA. hispanic heritage month can go to mexico. bring in white power month

Im sure you have one of those 2 name first names ...Billy Bob , Jimbo or do they just call you bubba ... Your comment was way overboard .

pirate4state
09-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by VanKampen
im glad you dont run this country. why dont you look at every other country in the world. almost all of them if not all have official languages and one or two different races of people. america has every race that exists. english speaking make up the majority yet the mexicans are finding a nonviolent way to once again take over texas and maybe even this time the USA. hispanic heritage month can go to mexico. bring in white power month white power month? more like months. :p

burnet44
09-23-2007, 09:01 PM
i havent seen a celebration yet?

pirate4state
09-23-2007, 09:03 PM
i havent seen a celebration yet?

guess you weren't invited