VERNONLION#1
09-23-2007, 04:05 PM
I will pick Monahans in a close one.

KTA
09-23-2007, 04:06 PM
my pick changed, I pick Clyde in a blow out:p top that mr spiteful:D

Cameron Crazy
09-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Grayham wins this one. I do not think monnohans o will beat our d.

PlayaJBiehl20
09-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
I will pick Monahans in a close one.

Are you a little jealous about KTA picking Clyde. I have Graham in this one.

necks_c/09
09-23-2007, 04:07 PM
im pretty sure Graham is gonna "Donkey Stomp" Monahans.

Graham wins by alot

Cameron Crazy
09-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
im pretty sure Graham is gonna "Donkey Stomp" Monahans.

Graham wins by alot " Donkey Stomp" is becoming popular!

necks_c/09
09-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
" Donkey Stomp" is becoming popular! i know... its a good quote:)

injuredinmelee
09-23-2007, 04:33 PM
where are they playing this one?

Cameron Crazy
09-23-2007, 04:34 PM
McMuarry or however you spell it.

PlayaJBiehl20
09-23-2007, 04:51 PM
McMuarry or however you spell it.

HAHA. McMurry, btw, what is there mascot, is it still the indians.

Cameron Crazy
09-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Who Monohans? they are the Lobos.

McMurry? I have no clue.

PlayaJBiehl20
09-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Who Monohans? they are the Lobos.

McMurry? I have no clue.

McMurry.

Who-dun-it!!?
09-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Graham by 14.

Texasfootball2
09-24-2007, 08:38 AM
This could turn out to be a really good game. Haven't decided yet on the outcome.

injuredinmelee
09-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
HAHA. McMurry, btw, what is there mascot, is it still the indians.

Unofficially their mascot remains the indians. However publicly they are simply McMurry University.

Texasfootball2
09-24-2007, 11:00 AM
OK, here my take on this game. Monohans victory over a good Snyder team was impressive. They've lost two a pretty good Midland Christian team by two points, (the same Midland Christian team that only lost to Vernon by 1 point), and a really good Andrews team last Friday. Mickey Owens seems to come up with two or three coaching gems every year.

Graham has yet to lose and has play a pretty good schedule. They seem to play much better at home than on the road. This game is at a neutral site on the campus of McMurray University. Their defense is very good, especially their front four. Offensively they have big play making capabilities, but seem to turn the ball over alot, but the Steers seem to know how to win close games.

I think Graham will have to play a error free offensive game to beat the Lobos. Mickey Owens and his Lobos will have one of those gems on offense this week and put up 17 to 21 points. If Graham turns the ball over an upset is very possible, but like they've done all year I think they will find a way to win a very close and competitive ballgame.

Graham by 2

RedWhiteBlue
09-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Graham by a few......... we be rollin' baby!!!!!
Not quite sure where they came from- but it felt good.

ManuJack
09-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Graham. They're definitely on a roll so far and I think they will keep it going.

justlikesports
09-24-2007, 04:06 PM
My heart says Loboes, but my head says Steers. Monahans has some things to work out. This is the last game for the Loboes before district. Gotta get everything straight before next week. GO LOBOES!

Ranger Mom
09-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by justlikesports
My heart says Loboes, but my head says Steers. Monahans has some things to work out. This is the last game for the Loboes before district. Gotta get everything straight before next week. GO LOBOES!

It seems so weird to hear that. We still have 3 games left AND an open week before our district play starts!!!

STANG RED
09-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Wasnt this game slated to be played in Sweetwater at one time?

I'll pick Monahans to squeak out a close one. 30-28

RedWhiteBlue
09-24-2007, 04:17 PM
We played there last year....... the game proved to be too much excitement for Sweetwater- just kidding.......
Not sure why it moved. I do know that McMurry has a new place- maybe they want to show it off.

tigerbyheart
09-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Is this game on Friday or Saturday?

If Monohans plays error free I think they will upset the steers..

If not then I think the Steers will win it...

STANG RED
09-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
We played there last year....... the game proved to be too much excitement for Sweetwater- just kidding.......
Not sure why it moved. I do know that McMurry has a new place- maybe they want to show it off.
Thats right, I went to that game last year.
Yea I hear McMurray has redone their stadium. It sure needed it.
Parking may be a problem though. Unless they did something about that to, there used to be almost no parking around that place, and it's right down in the middle of Abilene. Traffic will be terrible.

lakers
09-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Graham by 14... go steers!!!

Cameron Crazy
09-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
This could turn out to be a really good game. Haven't decided yet on the outcome. You should not guess on games, you predicted wylie by 21, so just keep your mouth shut.

RedWhiteBlue
09-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Being from that area- I always loved playing in the 'bowl'. I am not sure what all McMurry has done. I know they bulldozed a bunch of that 'lovely' housing they had. Your right the parking and getting in and out may be ugly.
I wonder how many fans Monohans brings? Because Graham will bring them. The lights go out on Fridays here.

Cameron Crazy
09-24-2007, 04:46 PM
McmUrry has a new stadium and turf, I'm ready to see my boys out there.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-24-2007, 04:50 PM
You should not guess on games, you predicted wylie by 21, so just keep your mouth shut.

Dang....I think I predicted Wylie by 20, so I guess I'm not allowed to predict this one either?:rolleyes:

Monahans by 7:D :devil:

Cameron Crazy
09-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Dang....I think I predicted Wylie by 20, so I guess I'm not allowed to predict this one either?:rolleyes:

Monahans by 7:D :devil: lol it was a joke. but that predicition was trash.

Scrambler
09-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Thanks to the NCAA, McMurry has no mascot. They were forced to drop the "Indians" and decided that nothing else would do. They just couldn't see themselves as warm fuzzy creatures. Personally, I think they should be the McMurry Engines!

Cameron Crazy
09-24-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Scrambler
Thanks to the NCAA, McMurry has no mascot. They were forced to drop the "Indians" and decided that nothing else would do. They just couldn't see themselves as warm fuzzy creatures. Personally, I think they should be the McMurry Engines! Thats a negative.

loboes86
09-24-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by justlikesports
My heart says Loboes, but my head says Steers. Monahans has some things to work out. This is the last game for the Loboes before district. Gotta get everything straight before next week. GO LOBOES! Yeah as bad as I hate to go against em, I'm going to go with Graham. I sure hope they prove me wrong. If they don't get their stuff together district may turn out bad to.

WTF-82
09-24-2007, 10:46 PM
IF THE LOBOES DONT FIX THE MISTAKES FROM LAST TWO WEEKS THEY WILL LOSE AGAIN TURNOVERS ARE KILLING THEM THE SAD
THING THESE TURNOVERS ARE UNFORCED TURNOVERS THEY HAVE ARE STUPID MISTAKES FROM LOOKS LIKE UNDISCIPLINED FOOTBALL TEAM THAT IS YOUNG.

I DO THINK THEY CAN GROW FROM THOSE MISTAKES AND PLAY GOOD I HOPE THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN.

GO LOBOES

RMAC
09-24-2007, 11:34 PM
I'll say Graham. Even w/ all the turnovers they've been having, they're still finding ways to win. On the whole, that shows team composure and maturing, which was a concern at the start of the year. Monahans keeps it close til the 4th then I think Graham will take it by 14.

snydertiger2010
09-25-2007, 12:15 AM
GO GRAHAM, MONAHANS CAN'T HANDLE U GUYS, GOOD LUCK!!!!

SNYDER TIGERS

RedWhiteBlue
09-25-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
IF THE LOBOES DONT FIX THE MISTAKES FROM LAST TWO WEEKS THEY WILL LOSE AGAIN TURNOVERS ARE KILLING THEM THE SAD
THING THESE TURNOVERS ARE UNFORCED TURNOVERS THEY HAVE ARE STUPID MISTAKES FROM LOOKS LIKE UNDISCIPLINED FOOTBALL TEAM THAT IS YOUNG.

I DO THINK THEY CAN GROW FROM THOSE MISTAKES AND PLAY GOOD I HOPE THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN.

GO LOBOES
Is discipline a problem a problem for the Lobos? Just curious....

justlikesports
09-25-2007, 09:52 AM
No, discipline is not a problem for the Loboes. They just have quite a few young players; first timers to the varsity level. For the Andrews game, the Loboes were without their starting center, and also tried players at different positions. Pre-district games are (to me) the time to work out all the kinks and get set for the games that count. Monahans knows they have work to do and you can bet that Coach Owens and his staff have the guys working hard. The team knows that they need to get things settled and they will give it their all. GO LOBOES!

vet93
09-25-2007, 10:22 AM
On paper I would have to go with the steers...they have played and won with a more difficult schedule for the most part. However, I have said before and I will reiterate that Mickey Owens is one of the best coaches I know at preparing a team for a big game and I would not underestimate his ability to pull of the upset in this game. To do so, the Loboes will have to play mistake free football and capitalize on any mistakes that the Steers give them.

RedWhiteBlue
09-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Good to hear about the discipline thing. Granted all teams have their little issues, but I can't stand to play a team with problems that a coach won't take care of....
Thanks for the info.
GO STEERS!!!

Texasfootball2
09-25-2007, 10:55 AM
lol it was a joke. but that predicition was trash.

The only joke is when people like you get on here and make brash statements directly towards someone. Pretty gutless useing a keyboard as your weapon. Everybody on this board predicts and analyzes games of which many are wrong, but theres always somebody like you waiting around to throw a sucker punch. I was at the game and If the two teams played at a nuetral site, I would not only predict a Wylie victory by 10 or more points again, but I would bet $$$ on it. Wylie losing their center at the beginning of the second Quater was huge blow to the offense. It wasn't serious but It was bad enough to keep him out the rest of that game and last weeks game. For the most part Graham gave Wylie their best shot and Wylie played their worst game of the season so far and still had the ball first and goal at the nine yardline late in the game with a chance to win the game, not to mention the other three red zone possessions that where stopped bad snaps from the backup center. I'm sure being the kind of person you are and being shallow minded that you only remember the fact that Graham won the game for which it obviously means the world to you. I've already congradulated the Steers on the website and even complimented the way their defense played and came up with the plays when they needed to. I'm sure your already getting ready to write some more of your so called jokes on here, but I refuse to get into a war of words on this website with you. Good luck to Graham.

And I don't know where you come up with me predicting a 21 point win, My only comment in regards to predictions was that if the game was a blowout it would not be Graham blowing Wylie out it would be Wylie, because someone from Graham had posted several comments in regards to an easy one sided victory. The rest of my comments towards this game was that I expected it to be very competitive but that I thought Wylie would win in the end. If there is a 21 point prediction by me on this website I would like to see it.

RedWhiteBlue
09-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Here we go again..... with the Wylie whining......
It is getting really hard to stomach you, Mark, I mean 'Texasfootball2'.

Texasfootball2
09-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Hey RedWhiteBlue, check your private messages.

RedWhiteBlue
09-25-2007, 03:29 PM
I did.

Texasfootball2
09-25-2007, 03:33 PM
I did.

That it! No reply.

DaHop72
09-25-2007, 03:36 PM
That it! No reply. http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/2481/popcornfg3.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Texasfootball2
09-25-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/2481/popcornfg3.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Is that popcorn buttered? I like your sense of humor!

DaHop72
09-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Is that popcorn buttered? I like your sense of humor! :evillol: :evillol: And it's supersized.:D

Texasfootball2
09-25-2007, 03:41 PM
:evillol: :evillol: And it's supersized.:D

Since I can't get a respond from RedWhiteBlue, Who is Snyder playing this Friday? And don't supersize please!

LH Panther Mom
09-25-2007, 03:41 PM
:evillol: :evillol: And it's supersized.:D
I'm thinking you might need to throw on another batch. Here....let me help.

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/popcorn011.gif

DaHop72
09-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Since I can't get a respond from RedWhiteBlue, Who is Snyder playing this Friday? And don't supersize please! Homecoming against Lubbock Cooper.

VWG
09-25-2007, 03:56 PM
This thread has been officially hijacked!

DaHop72
09-25-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by VWG
This thread has been officially hijacked! http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/8079/hijakvd0.gif (http://imageshack.us)

KTA
09-25-2007, 05:26 PM
im not trying to start anything, but that did sound like some excuse making to me. Graham spotted yall 13 1st qtr points and yall STILL lost.....enough said

RedWhiteBlue
09-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Since I can't get a respond from RedWhiteBlue, Who is Snyder playing this Friday? And don't supersize please!
You asked me to read my private message and I did. You asked me who I was and I didn't know that it was mandatory that I respond to you. Actually, you wouldn't know me even if I told you. I think you just want to know because I confronted you. I am not hiding behind a screen name- I just don't think anyone knowing exactly who I am at this point is important.
GO STEERS!!!

Mustangpride09
09-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Monahans by 14.

Cameron Crazy
09-25-2007, 06:25 PM
You asked me to read my private message and I did. You asked me who I was and I didn't know that it was mandatory that I respond to you. Actually, you wouldn't know me even if I told you. I think you just want to know because I confronted you. I am not hiding behind a screen name- I just don't think anyone knowing exactly who I am at this point is important.
GO STEERS!!! Amen!

WTF-82
09-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Is discipline a problem a problem for the Lobos? Just curious....

NO, when I say discipline does not mean of the field problems we have great kids. The thing is they are young and learning the Varsity level program very diffrent and need disciline to get yourself prepared for game time specially when you make a mistakes it takes discipline to learn and bounce back when i say discipline also i mean work, learning responsibilities on the field to be error free example penalties this is un disciplined football now mistakes do happen but the more experienced and disciplined you team is will help make youre team sound and error free turnovers and penalties kill young teams. THis is one of the things the Lobo programs are always great at and by district Owens willl have his team sound well prepared ready disciplined and ready for war.

GO LOBOES

WTF-82
09-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Being from that area- I always loved playing in the 'bowl'. I am not sure what all McMurry has done. I know they bulldozed a bunch of that 'lovely' housing they had. Your right the parking and getting in and out may be ugly.
I wonder how many fans Monohans brings? Because Graham will bring them. The lights go out on Fridays here.

Friend i will say this not many teams will bring a bigger house than Monahans we love our football and the Loboes. Just asked teams that have played us in the past like Snyder,Sweetwater,Bridgeport and Graham last year.

LOBO NATION WILL BE THERE

lakers
09-25-2007, 10:44 PM
graham all the way.

lion75
09-25-2007, 11:46 PM
I think Graham probably takes this. That stadium is not so great. The field is terrific, but the stands are not good. Vernon played Mid Christian there.

RedWhiteBlue
09-26-2007, 07:11 AM
Kind of sounds like home for us Steer fans right now. The field is awesome, but the seats are not so great or should I say comfortable, but it is a beautiful place when the lights come on.... By the way it was pretty last night when our 8th grade beat Wichita Zundy 39-2. We finally gave up some points.

VWG
09-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Kind of sounds like home for us Steer fans right now. The field is awesome, but the seats are not so great or should I say comfortable, but it is a beautiful place when the lights come on.... By the way it was pretty last night when our 8th grade beat Wichita Zundy 39-2. We finally gave up some points.

If McCoy stays in Graham he should have plenty to work with over the next few years.
Their soph., freshman, and 8th grade class has some good athletes.
Burk has a good looking freshman kid at QB on their team, and they will have some success down the road as well.
What will surprise some people is that Vernon doesn't have many athletes right now in the lower classes. You never know how things turn out though.
Decatur has a really talented soph. class too, and their freshman class has talent. I think Decatur's population growth is helping them out in the lower classifications.