PDA

View Full Version : Mike Leach - Please explain to me

injuredinmelee
09-23-2007, 11:38 AM
why you use your two timeouts with 24 seconds left and no chance to get the ball back? I thought it was ignorant and cant figure out what his point was?

Emerson1
09-23-2007, 11:39 AM
There is always a chance they fumble the snap.

Cameron Crazy
09-23-2007, 11:42 AM
The ol pokes beat the red raiders, gotta love it.

injuredinmelee
09-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
There is always a chance they fumble the snap.

no seriously. Have you ever ever ever seen a team fumble on a kneel play? Watchign Leach coach a game is like playing XBOX. There is sldom any loic to his play callin or his cavalier attitude about oign for fourth downs. I still remember the play where he almost got his reciever killed on the fake punt where Vasher laid the kid out in Austin.

burnet44
09-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Giants vs Eagles
Herm Edwards picked up a fumble
by larry Csonka? and Joe Piscarek?
they were not trying to take a knee stupidly
but you never know

Leech need to work on toughness

as my post from the DMN

From DMN:

Texas Tech coach Leach blasts team, coaches

After an emotional 49-45 loss at Oklahoma State on Saturday in the Big 12 opener, Texas Tech coach Mike Leach blasted his team, coaching staff and himself for about 10 minutes.

“This is going to hurt some feelings,” Leach said, “but the long story short is I’m not doing as good a job shepherding this as I could, but what we had this game is an offense that was extremely powerful, extremely productive that probably sits and reads their press clippings, and in arrogant fashion set around the sidelines with their arms folded for most of the second half.

“Defensively, the entire first half we got hit in the mouth and acted like someone took our lunch money and all we wanted to do is have poutey expressions on our face until somebody dobbed our little tears off and made us [freaking] feel better. Then we go out there and try harder once our mommies told us we were OK. Neither one of those things is acceptable.”

Leach said Tech has a bunch of “frontrunners” on offense and said his defense lacked toughness. He then explained how he plans to fix the problems.

“We start by addressing it and call it what it is. I think perhaps I’ve candy-coated some of this a little too much in the past,” Leach said. “Second of all, as coaches, you put pressure on yourself to improve because ultimately the blame lies there. The third thing that you do is anybody who is not on board, you get rid of them. It doesn’t matter if it’s a player or a coach or somebody in the background or some support staff, if they’re not on board, you get rid of them. It’s all very simple.”

Posted by Brandon George at 10:15 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)

you hit people in the mouth

LH is tougher than PPU

Emerson1
09-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
no seriously. Have you ever ever ever seen a team fumble on a kneel play? Watchign Leach coach a game is like playing XBOX. There is sldom any loic to his play callin or his cavalier attitude about oign for fourth downs. I still remember the play where he almost got his reciever killed on the fake punt where Vasher laid the kid out in Austin.
How often do you see a team going to spike the ball and it fly out of the QBs hand and the defense almost recover?

Buccaneer
09-23-2007, 12:49 PM
I think Leach needs to explain why he didn't run the ball when he got it back at the 2:37 mark. Two incomplete passes kept OkSt from even having to use their timeouts. Of course when it takes Okie 1 play to score I guess you can't run enough time off of the clock.

GoStafford
09-23-2007, 01:06 PM
just remember a pirate can be a soldier....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=str3J5WQ49s

burnet44
09-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
I think Leach needs to explain why he didn't run the ball when he got it back at the 2:37 mark. Two incomplete passes kept OkSt from even having to use their timeouts. \

because he is gonna throw it
no matter what

Ill be the former DC is thanking leech for that one huh
Thanks coach
way to help me out

Darren
09-23-2007, 08:14 PM
It seems to me that the best that Tech can expect is to play spolier.

Its sad when your QB puts up over 600 yards and you still lose. Tech will never be a championship quality team as long as thier defense is as terrible as they have been. I mean its OK State.

burnet44
09-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Darren

Its sad when your QB puts up over 600 yards and you still lose.

its not about stats
its about winning games

injuredinmelee
09-24-2007, 12:22 AM
I label Leach a PlayStation coach. He manages a game like I would sitting in my easy chair.

injuredinmelee
09-24-2007, 12:23 AM
Why do Tech fans put up with the mediocrity? Why do they not call for his head when year after year he fails to put a defense on the field?

Old Tiger
09-24-2007, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
its not about stats
its about winning games lol...that's what he said. It is very very sad that you can't win a game with 600 yards passing.

BrahmaMom
09-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Having done a little research on Leach when he came to Tech, he spent years studying the art of coaching--studying the very best coaches in any sport. maybe he should look over his notes. I also wonder, no offense meant to anyone, whether he solely recruits that area and the team knows they don't have a lot of competition for spots on the team. Again, having researched his recruiting back in 2001-02, he didn't seem interested in players down this way at all.

injuredinmelee
09-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Having done a little research on Leach when he came to Tech, he spent years studying the art of coaching--studying the very best coaches in any sport. maybe he should look over his notes. I also wonder, no offense meant to anyone, whether he solely recruits that area and the team knows they don't have a lot of competition for spots on the team. Again, having researched his recruiting back in 2001-02, he didn't seem interested in players down this way at all.

He is interested but two things working against him:
1. Lubbock. While Lubbock is a great town and lots to keep you occupied as a college student it is sooooo far from any big major city.
2. Defensive players have no interest in going to be a part of the Dog and Pony show Leach puts on every week. The kids and their high school coaches know whats going on up there. If a kid has another offer why not be a part of a program that puts an emphasis on defense instead of the circus.