PDA

View Full Version : Impressive wins for 23-3A

winthebigone
09-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Giddings, Caldwell, Navasota, and Bellville all came away from Friday with big wins. District play starts in three weeks. These are probably the odd-favorites to fights for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Who is a contender and who is a pretender? Who is in the best position to win the title outright? You gotta love this time of year!

Darren
09-22-2007, 09:58 PM
This is my guess (I reserve the right to change this prediction 3 to 4 more time throughout the season).

1. Giddings
2. Navasota
3. Bellville

winthebigone
09-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Darren
This is my guess (I reserve the right to change this prediction 3 to 4 more time throughout the season).

1. Giddings
2. Navasota
3. Bellville

Navasota can't handle the ball being run "right at them". Giddings, Caldwell, and Bellville run the ball exceptionally well.

The key to who can win the district title is who can STOP the run better.

My picks for the playoffs:
1. Giddings
2. Caldwell
3. Bellville.

buff4life
09-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Giddings will have a tough one this week against Waco Midway who beat Round Rock friday and are 4-0:eek: :eek:

Johnny Utah
09-23-2007, 04:22 PM
Giddings
Caldwell
Bellville
Navasota finishes 4th

Bull19
09-23-2007, 05:43 PM
1.GIDDINGS
2.BELLVILLE
3.CALDWELL

I HAVE A FEELING CALDWELL WILL SLIP UP AGAINST NAVASOTA AND BELLVILLE

BUT, IF BELLVILLE'S DEFENSE CANT GET IT TOGETHER THEY MIGHT NOT EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFF'S.

scotty
09-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Caldwell won big over Robinson last Friday night, didn't Robinson go deep into the playoffs last year? Is Robinson down this year or is Caldwell good enough to contend against Giddings for the top spot? Just wondering.

winthebigone
09-23-2007, 07:51 PM
FYI: Robinson lost in the state championship game last year.

Caldwell, Giddings, and Bellville are all averaging over 35 points a game. Offense isn't the problem. Defense, or lack of it, will be what keeps one those three out of the playoffs.

Caldwell has three different backs have 100+ yard games, and some nights have had two 100+ in the same game. I have a feeling they will only get better as the year goes along. Gidding continues to roll points up against good competition. Bellville with their youth is the wildcard.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Giddings and Caldwell fight for the top spot, Bellville will be 3rd if they can hold on to the ball.

navscanmaster
09-24-2007, 04:08 AM
I think you are all underestimating Navasota's D and their run-stopping ability. Sure Giddings can hurt it, but who can't Brock run around? Call me a homer if you will, but compared to the last three years or so, Navasota's D is a whole lot tougher. I think that after Giddings, the Caldwell game will be a true test of their improvement. And if you didn't know about the Hearne game, when Navasota's fans decide to stand up and show their spirit, the kids get ridiculously tough on D. That last stand against Hearne resulted in a sack, tackle for loss, incomplete pass, and a game ending interception.
As far as district goes, We can safely assume Smithville won't make the cut. I would say:
1. Giddings (5-0)
2. Navasota (4-1)
3. Caldwell (3-2)
4. Bellville (2-3)
5. LaGrange (1-4)
6. Smithville (0-5)

Sorry Brahma fans, but you have to sit out once every, oh, two decades or so!

strike hard
09-24-2007, 12:27 PM
I am glad that Navasota had the off week now and not the game before the first district game. They came out flat and the defense did not do as well as they have the past weeks. You could tell that they had just had an off week. Don't get me wrong Hearne has some very speedy athletes and they mad Navasota earn everything Friday night. The Rattlers will get back on track this week playing Cleveland at home.

HEMOTOXIC
09-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Navasota's defense is much improved. As far as Navasota not being able to stop the run, well lets just say that no one thus far has just ran right thru the D. Even in the lost to Madisonville, Whaley was held to 126 yards. Might not sound so impressive, but this Chris Whaley is a big time running back. It will be tough as usual traveling to Bellville to take on the Brahmas. On the flip side, the Rattlers will play host to Caldwell and Giddings.

buff4life
09-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Navasota's defense is much improved. As far as Navasota not being able to stop the run, well lets just say that no one thus far has just ran right thru the D. Even in the lost to Madisonville, Whaley was held to 126 yards. Might not sound so impressive, but this Chris Whaley is a big time running back. It will be tough as usual traveling to Bellville to take on the Brahmas. On the flip side, the Rattlers will play host to Caldwell and Giddings.

won't matter...Caldwell and Giddings will both beat Navasota, it will come down to Navasota and Bellville for the last playoff spot...

Darren
09-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
won't matter...Caldwell and Giddings will both beat Navasota, it will come down to Navasota and Bellville for the last playoff spot...

I'm not so sure about that. I think that Navasota and Caldwell will be a good game.

buff4life
09-24-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm not so sure about that. I think that Navasota and Caldwell will be a good game.

good game or no i think Caldwell will prevail...

Caldwell manhandled Hearne and Navasota struggled severely...

HEMOTOXIC
09-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Navasota didn't struggle because of the play of Hearne. Most teams do struggle when coming off an off week. Heck, the Texans were the last team to beat the Colts. With that being said, don't go deciding the outcome of Navasota vs Caldwell and vs Giddings based on their performance vs Hearne. Both games will be good. As I have stated before, Giddings is far ahead of the rest. Caldwell and Navasota should battle for 2nd. The loser of Navasota vs. Caldwell will battle Bellville for the 3rd spot.

buff4life
09-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Navasota didn't struggle because of the play of Hearne. Most teams do struggle when coming off an off week. Heck, the Texans were the last team to beat the Colts. With that being said, don't go deciding the outcome of Navasota vs Caldwell and vs Giddings based on their performance vs Hearne. Both games will be good. As I have stated before, Giddings is far ahead of the rest. Caldwell and Navasota should battle for 2nd. The loser of Navasota vs. Caldwell will battle Bellville for the 3rd spot.

and as i said...caldwell will beat navasota and yall will battle bellville for the third spot...i'm just one step ahead of you:D

winthebigone
09-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Navasota has chance to feast on some of their competition with games against Cleveland and Coldspring. They should go into district with a 4-1 record. Giddings will blow out Midway this week. Bellville will take care of St. Thomas next week. Caldwell will defeat Hutto, but it will be a close game. Giddings will go into district undefeated, Navasota 4-1, Bellville 4-1, and Caldwell 3-1. That is when the fun begins. I predict a heck of a 23-3A race. Nobody, not even Giddings, will get through without a loss. JMO.

buff4life
09-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Giddings will get through without a loss...but one may be close...

HEMOTOXIC
09-24-2007, 10:26 PM
and as i said...caldwell will beat navasota and yall will battle bellville for the third spot...i'm just one step ahead of you:D

Aight, we shall see on November 2, 2007, 7:30 pm CDT, Navasota, Texas, Rattler Stadium... Make sure you be there so you can be the first to post the Rattlers' victory.

buff4life
09-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Why should i go to watch Navasota play Caldwell? I could care less who wins, i'm just tellin you who is going to

Darren
09-25-2007, 04:10 PM
Navasota has got to pull through for my district prediction.

I know this is an early prediction but i'll take Navasota over Caldwell by 3.

winthebigone
09-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Navasota has got to pull through for my district prediction.

I know this is an early prediction but i'll take Navasota over Caldwell by 3.

Navasota was handily beaten by the Hornets last year (in Caldwell). They were one dimensional in their first year running the Liberty Hill offense. Their offense seems to be quite a bit stronger and more versitile this year. Just curious why you are picking the Rattlers? I'd say Robinson is twice the team Navasota is, and the Hornets put 43 on them last week. I say Caldwell by at least two touchdowns. Home field advantage won't save the Rattlers from Caldwell's four back attack. JMO

buff4life
09-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by winthebigone
Navasota was handily beaten by the Hornets last year (in Caldwell). They were one dimensional in their first year running the Liberty Hill offense. Their offense seems to be quite a bit stronger and more versitile this year. Just curious why you are picking the Rattlers? I'd say Robinson is twice the team Navasota is, and the Hornets put 43 on them last week. I say Caldwell by at least two touchdowns. Home field advantage won't save the Rattlers from Caldwell's four back attack. JMO

i wouldn't exactly call it a four back attack...

wookinpanub
09-25-2007, 09:57 PM
i wouldn't exactly call it a four back attack...

Me neither. Seems like I've seen at least five players' names who have racked up more than 100 yards in at least one or more games.

HEMOTOXIC
09-25-2007, 09:59 PM

The game versus Caldwell was close until the 4th quarter when the Hornets pulled away. I wouldn't call that handily beating someone. By the way, have you watched Navasota or Robinson play this year? How do you determine if a team is twice the team of another? Uhm, you can't unless they play each other.

buff4life
09-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by wookinpanub
Me neither. Seems like I've seen at least five players' names who have racked up more than 100 yards in at least one or more games.

you've got to be kidding right? it was so nice around here for a while, but i don't believe that until you show me some stats

wookinpanub
09-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Hempstead's depth is obviously in question with the forfeit after playing Navasota so don't put THAT much stock in the 43-0 win.

HEMOTOXIC
09-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Hempstead's depth is obviously in question with the forfeit after playing Navasota so don't put THAT much stock in the 43-0 win.

I haven't mentioned anything about a 43-0 win over Hempstead. Lets just wait and let the players play. Then, we can rate their performances. I hate when people talk out the side of their head. By the way, the score could have been easily 63-0. But hey, who is counting? A win is a win!

navscanmaster
09-27-2007, 07:46 AM
If you haven't seen Navasota's D this year, then plain and simple you have missed some speedy pass rushing ends, linebackers with good range, quick alert corners and some HARD hitting safeties. I don't doubt that Caldwell and Giddings will be able to successfully run against Navasota. A rushing attack like those two have is nearly impossible to shut down. I am just warning those two not to drop the ball or throw any ill-advised pass, and don't think that this is the same Navasota D your older brother ran over. And for God's sake, don't entice the fans and band. When they come alive the boys smell blood.

UPanIN
09-27-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm afraid Navasota is going to be surprised tomorrow night. Those boys over on 59 are usually very tuff.

I hope the Rattlers are not looking past this game.

buff4life
09-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
If you haven't seen Navasota's D this year, then plain and simple you have missed some speedy pass rushing ends, linebackers with good range, quick alert corners and some HARD hitting safeties. I don't doubt that Caldwell and Giddings will be able to successfully run against Navasota. A rushing attack like those two have is nearly impossible to shut down. I am just warning those two not to drop the ball or throw any ill-advised pass, and don't think that this is the same Navasota D your older brother ran over. And for God's sake, don't entice the fans and band. When they come alive the boys smell blood.

thats pretty funny...compared to last year anything is better...and trust me, we won't put it up in the air lol...

orangeblood
09-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Darren, not to pick a fight, but I have to say you are a true Caldwell hater. If you went on nothing but stats thier is no way you could not see Caldwell as one of the top 3 in the district. Can you imagine if everyone was saying that Giddings is not a top 3 in the District. Without a doubt they are and although I think Caldwell will give them all they can handle and certainly without a doubt I think Caldwell will beat Giddings at some point this season. Everyone can choose to think I don't know what I'm talking about, but we can all get back together here in a few weeks and someone can serve the crow and the others can eat it. Good Luck to the Buffs in all other games. And to the guy from Navasota I do not believe you are a homer, I think Navasota has some talent and the discipline is starting to look better, when your young you struggle even against Hearne and Hearne is a very good team in 2a and they will show it as the season goes. The Rattlers have the best Football field in our district and because of that they may move to 4a before long. Good luck to the young Rattlers if it doesn't happen this year for sure next.

Bull's-eye
09-27-2007, 08:34 PM
If any team in D23-3A can upset Giddings, Caldwell would be my choice. IMO, it will take a running team that can control the clock and keep Brock and the Gidding's offense off the field. They will need to play an almost perfect game and be the recipients of a few turnovers. I heard Giddings allowed 500+ yards to Hutto, so Caldwell should be able to move the ball vs the Buffs.

Bull19
09-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I heard Giddings allowed 500+ yards to Hutto,

:eek: wow

buff4life
09-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by orangeblood
Darren, not to pick a fight, but I have to say you are a true Caldwell hater. If you went on nothing but stats thier is no way you could not see Caldwell as one of the top 3 in the district. Can you imagine if everyone was saying that Giddings is not a top 3 in the District. Without a doubt they are and although I think Caldwell will give them all they can handle and certainly without a doubt I think Caldwell will beat Giddings at some point this season. Everyone can choose to think I don't know what I'm talking about, but we can all get back together here in a few weeks and someone can serve the crow and the others can eat it. Good Luck to the Buffs in all other games. And to the guy from Navasota I do not believe you are a homer, I think Navasota has some talent and the discipline is starting to look better, when your young you struggle even against Hearne and Hearne is a very good team in 2a and they will show it as the season goes. The Rattlers have the best Football field in our district and because of that they may move to 4a before long. Good luck to the young Rattlers if it doesn't happen this year for sure next.

not to pick a fight with you...BUT admit it that there are a LOT of people who are Giddings haters, constantly looking for something to put down the town, the coach, or the players...and you know what i'm talking about...not saying you do it

wookinpanub
09-27-2007, 10:21 PM
not to pick a fight with you...BUT admit it that there are a LOT of people who are Giddings haters, constantly looking for something to put down the town, the coach, or the players...and you know what i'm talking about...not saying you do it

I remember the Giddings radio station in 1993 the year Giddings finished second behind Caldwell. Giddings was playing Cameron and the only thing the announcers would talk about was how they hoped Giddings could have a rematch with Caldwell. That was their only motivation to beat Cameron that night - and a rematch would have required both Caldwell and Giddings to meet in the regional final two months later and everyone had to know neither team could compare with Cuero or Sealy. The announcer repeated it like six times. My entire family was rolling its eyes in disbelief.

My point: Giddings needs to realize that there are more important things in life ---- you know, like oxygen, world peace and breaking da Vinci's Code --- that are more important than beating Caldwell.

buff4life
09-27-2007, 10:31 PM
ditto to you...BUT Giddings had a radio station back then?...they don't have one now

wookinpanub
09-27-2007, 10:34 PM
ditto to you...BUT Giddings had a radio station back then?...they don't have one now

well that's a credit to Giddings. Those guys were really goofy. No disrespect to you. I did come down hard a few days ago, but the truth is that both teams could go very far, which would be cool.

navscanmaster
09-28-2007, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by itsme!
now i've seen a few navasota games in the past, and in all honesty, they don't deserve that football field. Anytime navasota gets under pressure they choke. people have seen it a lot in the past. i do not think navasota will make it to the playoffs because they get too big headed before a game and they choke during the middle of it! i went to the navasota-hearne game cause i was in the area. i must say they did have some good hits, but everything else was just plain tacky!! i can't believe what i saw and not only does that include the football team but the drill team as well, and the band!!! its no wonder why people think of navasota the way they do.

You sound like a dead-set Navasota hater. We have had to play at Brule Field since 1936. I think 70 years in a stadium built for a 2A school even during 10 years of 4A ball lets you earn a new home. Why should the way a team plays affect how nice of a field they play on? If that were the case, then Huntsville should play on their practice field instead of SHSU's Bower Stadium, and the Cincinatti Reds should be playing at a little league field somewhere instead of a shiny half-billion dollar stadium! I can agree that the Drill team's dress for half-time was IMO bad taste, especially since my little sister and sister-in-law are on the team, but they consistently win top awards and work their butts off, and did a flawless dance out there. They have a lot of discipline. But please tell me how you can call anything our band did tacky when Hearne was out there without uniforms and playing rap music instead of marching, not to mention the awful sexually explicit dancing by the cheerleaders over there? Our band did a great march and sounded good, and they played non-stop for much of the second half, getting the crowd off their feet to back the defense. NOW YOU CAN CALL ME A HOMER! Go district 23-3A!

orangeblood
09-28-2007, 08:54 AM

Hey I live in Caldwell and I have supported Giddings in the past when they have went to the play-offs, but I still want to beat you guys not cause I hate but Giddings has been the ---- for awhile now and I would love to see the Hornets knock ya'll off that high seat....

No hate'in involved just a little tuff man futbol.

buff4life
09-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Actually, we can care less of what people think about Navasota. I see that jealousy is beginning to set in because of our beautiful new stadium. What are you going to say when the new basketball gym that will feature a parkay floor is complete? Your post is very rude and classless. Why were you even at the Navasota game? For someone who is obviously ANTI Navasota, why attend their events when there are 100's of other games that you could have gone to? The band and drill team were great. Although, I wish the numbers for both are higher, they do a wonderful job week end and week out. I am a former band memeber and athlete. I know first hand the amount of time that's goes into practicing for Friday nights. As mentioned earlier, the facilities that have been built in Navasota are first class and are well deserved. I hope that this will help Navasota's future growth so that we can be 4A again. Good luck to all in 23-3A. Go Rattlers!

hope that new gym comes in quick, because playing in the middle school gym last year was dangerous...that floor was awful...

buff4life
09-28-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by orangeblood
Hey I live in Caldwell and I have supported Giddings in the past when they have went to the play-offs, but I still want to beat you guys not cause I hate but Giddings has been the ---- for awhile now and I would love to see the Hornets knock ya'll off that high seat....

No hate'in involved just a little tuff man futbol.

i can deal with a post or comment like that, thats respectable and classy and nothing wrong with it...but i can't stand the derogatory comments towards the coaches, players, and town

HEMOTOXIC
09-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Hey, that jr high floor is aweful. The new gym should be ready by mid October.

buff4life
09-28-2007, 02:10 PM
then gosh, I think I'd not read this post any more.

i never want to read your posts...but i have to defend something usually so i have to reply...

pirate4state
09-28-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by itsme!
now i've seen a few navasota games in the past, and in all honesty, they don't deserve that football field. Anytime navasota gets under pressure they choke. people have seen it a lot in the past. i do not think navasota will make it to the playoffs because they get too big headed before a game and they choke during the middle of it! i went to the navasota-hearne game cause i was in the area. i must say they did have some good hits, but everything else was just plain tacky!! i can't believe what i saw and not only does that include the football team but the drill team as well, and the band!!! its no wonder why people think of navasota the way they do.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

I know you are new here, but I also know you had to agree to the rules of this board. This is not a trash/smack talk site. Also remember that these are KIDS you are talking about. :rolleyes:

navscanmaster
09-28-2007, 05:08 PM
I think it is about time we let this thread die. It seems we have all cooled down a little, and the moderator gave his thoughts on the outright rude comment that inflamed some of us, so I am done here. We all have good and/or improved football programs this year, and great schools with lots of support from their respective towns. Lets just let the boys go out there and show everybody how district 23 will dominate the regional playoffs this year, and when the dust clears, I believe Giddings will give our district a state title. Navscanmaster out....

leecofans
09-28-2007, 07:28 PM
There exists a set of guidelines set up by the UIL, which we are all supposed to follow. It is unfortunate that young kids sometimes make choices that wind up costing them more than they bargained for, but it is how we are all expected to live. "I'm sorry, but it's only my opinion" that kids not having to bear the consequences of their actions is the one of the reasons we have so much acting out in (and out of) school today. Perhaps this young man will take his talent and his valuable lesson learned and make something of his life rather than continue a campaign to absolve himself from responsibility.

leecofans
09-28-2007, 08:06 PM

The Universe typically takes care of circumstances like this. It's all about karma.

So if Caldwell winds up beating Giddings, I'm going to remind you that's it's "karma" and not your boys' talent (heaven forbid) that secured the win... :rolleyes:

winthebigone
09-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Trash talkers and community haters please get off my legitimate thread. Thank you.

Friday produced an even clearer picture of the upcoming 23-3A race. Giddings continued its dominance against a much improved Waco-Midway squad. Fitzehenry was at his usual best, breaking off two long touchdown runs. Navasota proved it still can't stop the run by bearly beating 0-5 Cleveland. Fedora did figure out how to get Pratt the ball this week, much to the cheering of the Navasota faithfull. Smithville lost 8-7 to a TAPPS school. Bellville, Caldwell, and LaGrange were all idle.

Giddings is still the clear favorite in 23-3A. Caldwell and Bellville with their strong running games look to push Navasota out of the top three. One week to go till the real fun starts.

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I think it is about time we let this thread die.
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/padlock2.gif ITA....

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2007, 08:24 PM
Trash talkers and community haters please get off my legitimate thread. Thank you.

I'll clean it up & reopen when I return from dinner. :)

LH Panther Mom
09-29-2007, 10:54 PM
All right.....back to football! If you want to talk crap, expect to find yourself banned from this thread.