Snyder_TigerFan
09-22-2007, 04:35 PM
35-17 Snyder, Final.

Who-dun-it!!?
09-23-2007, 12:24 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Snyder_TigerFan
09-23-2007, 09:18 AM
Link (http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/092307/hig_092307055.shtml)

Clay, Day crank up Snyder running game, overpower Palo Duro 35-17
FROM STAFF REPORTS

AMARILLO - Palo Duro's inability to stop Snyder's relentless running game late in the fourth quarter doomed the Dons' chances of rallying past Snyder Saturday at Dick Bivins Stadium.

The Dons, who trailed by 11 points at halftime, had pulled within four at 21-17 midway through the fourth quarter.

But their efforts stalled when the Tigers responded with back-to-back scoring drives to defeat the Dons 35-17 on a sun-splashed afternoon before 2,500.

To say the Tigers ran the ball down Palo Duro's throat would be an understatement.

They rushed 61 times for 448 yards and scored all five touchdowns on the ground. Will Clay, who entered the game with nearly 750 yards rushing in the first three games, carried 32 times for 183 yards and scored on runs of 3, 8 and 3 yards.

Chase Arrendale added 128 yards on 13 carries and scored on a 32-yard run while quarterback Lance Day had 89 yards on 11 carries including a 29-yard TD run that came with 5:27 remaining to play to give the Tigers a 28-17 advantage.

That touchdown came just two minutes and four seconds after PD's Julian Watson knifed over from 2 yards out to cap a 10-play, 43-yard drive that pulled the Dons within four points.

Following Day's scoring run, Snyder held the Dons on the ensuing possession.

With PD facing a fourth-and-one play from their 45, quarterback Maurice Burks fumbled the snap and the Tigers took over at the Dons' 44 with 4:24 remaining.

Five plays later, Arrendale raced 32 yards for the game's final TD with 1:41 remaining.

SNYDER 35, PALO DURO 17

Snyder 0 14 7 14 - 35
Palo Duro 3 0 7 7 - 17

First Quarter

PD-Alfredo Chavez 30 FG, 5:19

Second Quarter

SNY-Will Clay 5 run (Lancy Day kick), 5:24
SNY-Clay 5 run (Day kick), 1:19

Third Quarter

PD-Robert Johnson 5 run (Chavez kick), 9:00
SNY-Clay 5 run (Day kick), 3:50

Fourth Quarter

PD-Julian Watson 5 run (Chavez kick), 7:31
SNY-Day 30 run (Day kick), 5:27
SNY-Chase Arrendale 30 run (Day kick), 1:41

TEAM STATISTICS

SNY PD
First downs 27 12
Rushes-yards 61-448 29-45
Passing yards 2 119
Comp.-att.-int. 1-10-2 11-23-0
Punts-avg. 0-0.0 5-32.0
Fumbles-lost 1-1 2-0
Penalties-yards 9-71 10-60

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING: Snyder, Clay 32-183, Arrendale 13-128, Day 11-89, Escobedo 1-28, Bollinger 4-20. Palo Duro, Moore 7-25, Johnson 8-11, Watson 2-6, Burks 11-3, Lewis 1-0.

PASSING: Snyder, Day 1-9-2-2, Bollinger 0-1-0-0. Palo Duro, Burks 11-23-0-119.

RECEIVING: Snyder, Arrendale 1-2. Palo Duro, Swain 3-44, Johnson 3-37, Moore 2-9, Wayne 1-15, Goudeau 1-10, Lewis 1-4.

SUPERMANN5107
09-23-2007, 05:32 PM
It's good to see that we're running the ball 60 times a game...hope it doesnt come back to haunt em later on

DUKE22
09-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Liberty Hill won the state title last year and I dont think they threw more than ten times. I think you can get in trouble when you only have one guy that can run. I dont think that is the case with this years snyder tigers.

tigerbyheart
09-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Hey Hops,

Don't feel bad about missing the game.... It was soooooo hot, I almost wished I was back in Snyder watching our flag football team play... You will notice I said "almost".... :D :D :D

tigerdude
09-23-2007, 09:59 PM
what happened to the four horsemen

Snyder_TigerFan
09-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by tigerdude
what happened to the four horsemen

:confused: :confused:

Ric Flair, Arn & Ole Anderson, and Tully Blanchard?

DaHop72
09-24-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by tigerbyheart
Hey Hops,

Don't feel bad about missing the game.... It was soooooo hot, I almost wished I was back in Snyder watching our flag football team play... You will notice I said "almost".... :D :D :D :mad: :mad: :mad: Well, it was hot here too. The difference is that I got to go get back under an air conditioner after 3 quarters. :devil: :D

TripleH
09-24-2007, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
TEAM STATISTICS

Comp.-att.-int. 1-10-2

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

PASSING: Snyder, 1-9-2-2

Well it appears that Snyder has righted their ship somewhat at this point. The defense that they have ran against Marlin and Palo Duro the young men seem more comfortable with.

The running game has been phenomenal but if the Tigers are going past the second round in the play-offs I think they are going to have to start to blend the pass with run. If they continue with the stats in red above and someone shuts down the ground attack the Tigers are going to find themselves in a deep hole. And a noted before this is strictly one persons opinion.

Black_Magic
09-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by TripleH
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
TEAM STATISTICS

Comp.-att.-int. 1-10-2

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

PASSING: Snyder, 1-9-2-2

Well it appears that Snyder has righted their ship somewhat at this point. The defense that they have ran against Marlin and Palo Duro the young men seem more comfortable with.

The running game has been phenomenal but if the Tigers are going past the second round in the play-offs I think they are going to have to start to blend the pass with run. If they continue with the stats in red above and someone shuts down the ground attack the Tigers are going to find themselves in a deep hole. And a noted before this is strictly one persons opinion. Last years State champs must have gotten lucky then. they threw the ball 4 times in the last two games including the championship and won it all..

TripleH
09-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Last years State champs must have gotten lucky then. they threw the ball 4 times in the last two games including the championship and won it all.. Two different teams, two different offensive schemes, you know it and I know it. I'm man enough to see it and point it out. You many times choose to stick your head in the mud and allow 90 points to be scored on your defense before you make a change. Try the path that LH took and we can both start watching basketball after the second round.:rolleyes:

Black_Magic
09-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Two different teams, two different offensive schemes, you know it and I know it. I'm man enough to see it and point it out. You many times choose to stick your head in the mud and allow 90 points to be scored on your defense before you make a change. Try the path that LH took and we can both start watching basketball after the second round.:rolleyes: different offensive schemes?? not that different. have you seen them play? If you have Im not sure you cant draw THAT much difference. head in the mud?? you have no Idea what your talkning about. you really dont. but then again alot say things about what a team does and dont have a clue as to what they really do or really should do.:rolleyes:

DUKE22
09-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Two different teams, two different offensive schemes, you know it and I know it. I'm man enough to see it and point it out. You many times choose to stick your head in the mud and allow 90 points to be scored on your defense before you make a change. Try the path that LH took and we can both start watching basketball after the second round.:rolleyes: So Liberty Hill does not have to mix the pass and run, but Snyder does. This makes alot of since, and Snyder did not get knocked out of the playoffs the past two seasons because we were running the ball to much.

TripleH
09-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
So Liberty Hill does not have to mix the pass and run, but Snyder does. This makes alot of since, and Snyder did not get knocked out of the playoffs the past two seasons because we were running the ball to much. So, exactly why they get knocked out of the playoffs. I will ask you this because I know any answer from BM will be nothing more than gibberish.

TripleH
09-24-2007, 02:09 PM
you have no Idea what your talkning about. you really dont. but then again alot say things about what a team does and dont have a clue as to what they really do or really should do.:rolleyes: So I guess the 90 points that were scored were in the first two games were a figment of my imagination?? I don't think I said a think about having a clue, I strictly pointed out the vast difference in the Tiger defense from the first two games to the last two, but once again you have proven that you cannot be objective on anything that someone doesn't see your way.

Black_Magic
09-24-2007, 02:11 PM
So, exactly why they get knocked out of the playoffs. I will ask you this because I know any answer from BM will be nothing more than gibberish. You think It is because they cant throw the ball???...Ha HA!!! you clearly were not at last years vernon Game. if you were and were awake then you would not say it is because we could not run against them. I will say what Duke22 said does make sence.. Liberty does not have to mix run and pass but snyder does??? averaging over 400 yards on the ground per game and snyder needs to stop running and throw more???:rolleyes: OK:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TripleH
09-24-2007, 02:15 PM
You think It is because they cant throw the ball???...Ha HA!!! you clearly were not at last years vernon Game. if you were and were awake then you would not say it is because we could not run against them. I will say what Duke22 said does make sence.. Liberty does not have to mix run and pass but snyder does??? averaging over 400 yards on the ground per game and snyder needs to stop running and throw more???:rolleyes: OK:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: It's a long way to December as I would hope you of all people would know. And I think we both know that defense wins championships and it's easier to get there when you have given up the yardage of the last two games and not the 900+ total yards given up in the first two.

Black_Magic
09-24-2007, 02:16 PM
So I guess the 90 points that were scored were in the first two games were a figment of my imagination?? I don't think I said a think about having a clue, I strictly pointed out the vast difference in the Tiger defense from the first two games to the last two, but once again you have proven that you cannot be objective on anything that someone doesn't see your way. Ok now your not making sence.. First you say Snyder needs to mix up the pass more with the run or they will not make it past the second round. Now your talking about 90 pts and defense and the first two games.:doh: I thought you wanted to talk Passing and the Tiger offence.:doh: make up your mind.

Black_Magic
09-24-2007, 02:18 PM
It's a long way to December as I would hope you of all people would know. And I think we both know that defense wins championships and it's easier to get there when you have given up the yardage of the last two games and not the 900+ total yards given up in the first two. Well what are the D stats the last two games???? or do you want to ignore the most recent games? again you talk about passing but then talk D? man your all over the place

TripleH
09-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Ok now your not making sence.. First you say Snyder needs to mix up the pass more with the run or they will not make it past the second round. Now your talking about 90 pts and defense and the first two games.:doh: I thought you wanted to talk Passing and the Tiger offence.:doh: make up your mind. Well I would like to give you credit to know that it will take both to get to the state championship. I pesonally would rather talk about a successful program that has a balanced attack to go with the defense of the last two games but I know that that is not something that will ever happen when it involves you in the discussion.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TripleH
09-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Well what are the D stats the last two games???? or do you want to ignore the most recent games? again you talk about passing but then talk D? man your all over the place Don't hold me to exact figures but I think it is 470 yards total in the last two games. Sorry you can't keep up with both sides of the ball and conversation at the same time. Besides BM, I'm not a professional like you, I'm just a supporter who has pointed out things from a fan in the stands observation of the games. For you to be so defensive, it would make someone wonder if a nerve has been struck.:thinking:

Snyder_TigerFan
09-24-2007, 02:27 PM
http://www.amarillo.com/images/092307/48269_512.jpg

Hang'in on for the ride!:clap:

cr180t
09-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by SUPERMANN5107
It's good to see that we're running the ball 60 times a game...hope it doesnt come back to haunt em later on

Haunt em later :( don't you mean us later ex O Linemen who loved running the ball and hated retreat blocking.

Butkus
09-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Dont let ole Butkus get between 2 tigger fans a fightin but i gotta point out somethin fur blackie and duke.

Originally posted by DUKE22
So Liberty Hill does not have to mix the pass and run, but Snyder does. This makes alot of since, and Snyder did not get knocked out of the playoffs the past two seasons because we were running the ball to much.

You think It is because they cant throw the ball???...Ha HA!!! you clearly were not at last years vernon Game. if you were and were awake then you would not say it is because we could not run against them. I will say what Duke22 said does make sence.. Liberty does not have to mix run and pass but snyder does??? averaging over 400 yards on the ground per game and snyder needs to stop running and throw more???:rolleyes: OK:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Butkus looked it up an its sense not since ur sence that ya say tripleh isnt makin an its offense not offence thar bm.

Ok now your not making sence.. First you say Snyder needs to mix up the pass more with the run or they will not make it past the second round. Now your talking about 90 pts and defense and the first two games.:doh: I thought you wanted to talk Passing and the Tiger offence.:doh: make up your mind.

Heres hopin tha two of ya dont teach spellin.:D

Snydertigersrul
09-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Well I would like to give you credit to know that it will take both to get to the state championship. I pesonally would rather talk about a successful program that has a balanced attack to go with the defense of the last two games but I know that that is not something that will ever happen when it involves you in the discussion.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How many times did Liberty Hill throw last year? I remember that they didn't do that badly.

Snydertigersrul
09-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Don't hold me to exact figures but I think it is 470 yards total in the last two games. Sorry you can't keep up with both sides of the ball and conversation at the same time. Besides BM, I'm not a professional like you, I'm just a supporter who has pointed out things from a fan in the stands observation of the games. For you to be so defensive, it would make someone wonder if a nerve has been struck.:thinking:

the defense gave up 41 yards rushing against Palo Duro, not bad, huh. The defense IS BACK.

LH Panther Mom
09-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
How many times did Liberty Hill throw last year? I remember that they didn't do that badly.
Why do WE keep getting thrown in this argument? :doh:

Snydertigersrul
09-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Why do WE keep getting thrown in this argument? :doh:

Hey mom, I'm not arguing, just making a point. Liberty Hill is one of many examples that a football team doesn'thave to be a passing team to win a state championship.

LH Panther Mom
09-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Hey mom, I'm not arguing, just making a point. Liberty Hill is one of many examples that a football team doesn'thave to be a passing team to win a state championship.
I'm just yanking your chain...carry on. :p

Who-dun-it!!?
09-24-2007, 06:04 PM
I hear Will Clay is joining the UFC after high school!

Not really, but why not. He's a freakin haus!

DUKE22
09-24-2007, 09:12 PM
So, exactly why they get knocked out of the playoffs. I will ask you this because I know any answer from BM will be nothing more than gibberish. I know we played pretty good offense in our last two playoff losses. Its not like we were shut out or scored 6 points in both games. I think the coaching staff knows what is best. I dont think they are setting up practice to piss people off by not throwing. I know for a fact that they work the passing game and they are doing everything it takes to make it better. Regardless of how good or bad the passing game ever gets they are going to pound the football.

tigerdude
09-25-2007, 01:56 AM
you guys can talk all you want but without the men up front your backfield would go nowhere

Black_Magic
09-25-2007, 07:19 AM
wow! it takes linemen too???:eek: :doh:

tigerdude
09-25-2007, 08:17 AM
magic your right snyder needs to get a passing game going. If not they will be in trouble in games ahead.They should have worked on that when they had the big lead on marlin.But forgot snyder only runs about 4 plays a game.

Black_Magic
09-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by tigerdude
magic your right snyder needs to get a passing game going. If not they will be in trouble in games ahead.They should have worked on that when they had the big lead on marlin.But forgot snyder only runs about 4 plays a game. I never said " snyder needs to get a passing game" . Snyder has a passing game and uses it when they need it. when your averaging 9 yards per carry and over 400 yards per game on the ground then why mess with it. IF it gets us to the the state championship and then we cant win it because we dont throw the ball "good enough" for some, then so be it . Its the running game that is rolling now so go with it. some on here are looking a gift horse in the mouth. it amaizing that you have an offence that is averaging over 400 yards per game ( may be 450 im not sure ) and you have people looking at the fact more of it was not through the air.:doh: As for the D... last two games held opponents to average 14 ppg and under 250 yards per game. I would say it is better than last year at this exact time . as for bubba joe. stay with what your doing now. your better at it than what you use to do.;)

Ranger Mom
09-25-2007, 08:57 AM
Whatever happened to, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it??"

Black_Magic
09-25-2007, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Whatever happened to, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it??" That is going to blow some of these folks minds RM. Be carefull.:eek:

TripleH
09-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Whatever happened to, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it??" Sometimes you hope it doesn't break because there are those who refuse to think about fixing it. Mine was a simple observation of a footbal team not criticism as some seem to believe. But take the Cowboy/Bear game. Had the Cowboys not been able to throw early and loosen up the defense then they knew that they would not have been able to move the ball. Once again, a simple observation, take it how you want BM because that is how it seems you take anything that others post on here. And have a nice day.:)

Black_Magic
09-25-2007, 09:40 AM
Sometimes you hope it doesn't break because there are those who refuse to think about fixing it. Mine was a simple observation of a footbal team not criticism as some seem to believe. But take the Cowboy/Bear game. Had the Cowboys not been able to throw early and loosen up the defense then they knew that they would not have been able to move the ball. Once again, a simple observation, take it how you want BM because that is how it seems you take anything that others post on here. And have a nice day.:) I think Ou Opponents need to be thankfull that your not on our sidelines and calling the plays. It just would not be fair if that were the case. your football knowlege of a team you dont work with or are not involved with would be too much for them to handle. I think you need to call coach rogers and see if he needs a consultant.;)

STANG RED
09-25-2007, 09:40 AM
I know my dogs not it this fight, but I agree that a decent passing attack has to be developed for most teams to go far in the playoffs. I know all about LH and last year, but if you look at history I think you will find that they are the exception, not the rule. I have seen Sweetwater get beat in the playoffs every year by a team that stopes the run, and we had not developed a decent enough passing game to loosen their D up when needed. Now is the time to be developing that passing game!!! You cant just wait till your way behind in the 2nd half and then try to call on a passing game you didn't spent enough time on developing. Most 3A teams simply dont posses enough big top quality offensive lineman to be able move the ball effectively on the ground against a good defense that is putting 8 and 9 men in the box.
The reverse is also true, as Canyon found out. Sweetwater ran 7 & 8 DBs in coverage all night against Canyon's spread, because they had no respect for their almost non existent running game. Worked like a charm!

TripleH
09-25-2007, 09:49 AM
I think Ou Opponents need to be thankfull that your not on our sidelines and calling the plays. It just would not be fair if that were the case. your football knowlege of a team you dont work with or are not involved with would be too much for them to handle. I think you need to call coach rogers and see if he needs a consultant.;) Once again Black Magic, take it how you want which is that you take other people's observation personal. But I have admitted that this is not my profession unlike yourself. I think any supporter of a team should have an opinion of what they see and comment on it if they chose to, after all that's why we buy season tickets now isn't it? Do I expect Coach Rogers (who I respect enough to capitalize his name) to change what he does because of a message board. I think not, I believe he has been very successful on his own without my help. But just for more conversation, tell me how that running game worked in the second half of the Marlin game last year when they ran 9 in a box with the safety 4 yards off the ball.:thinking:

TripleH
09-25-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I know my dogs not it this fight, but I agree that a decent passing attack has to be developed for most teams to go far in the playoffs. I know all about LH and last year, but if you look at history I think you will find that they are the exception, not the rule. I have seen Sweetwater get beat in the playoffs every year by a team that stopes the run, and we had not developed a decent enough passing game to loosen their D up when needed. Now is the time to be developing that passing game!!! You cant just wait till your way behind in the 2nd half and then try to call on a passing game you didn't spent enough time on developing. Most 3A teams simply dont posses enough big top quality offensive lineman to be able move the ball effectively on the ground against a good defense that is putting 8 and 9 men in the box.
The reverse is also true, as Canyon found out. Sweetwater ran 7 & 8 DBs in coverage all night against Canyon's spread, because they had no respect for their almost non existent running game. Worked like a charm! Well I guess maybe you should do like Black Magic said and call Coach Jackson and see if he needs a consultant also.:devil:

Black_Magic
09-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Once again Black Magic, take it how you want which is that you take other people's observation personal. But I have admitted that this is not my profession unlike yourself. I think any supporter of a team should have an opinion of what they see and comment on it if they chose to, after all that's why we buy season tickets now isn't it? Do I expect Coach Rogers (who I respect enough to capitalize his name) to change what he does because of a message board. I think not, I believe he has been very successful on his own without my help. But just for more conversation, tell me how that running game worked in the second half of the Marlin game last year when they ran 9 in a box with the safety 4 yards off the ball.:thinking: Heck who does not stick 9 in the box with safety 4-5 yards deep when playing us??? LOL thats nothing new. folks have been doing that agaist snyder for years. Its what Amarillo PD did. its what Herford did. Its what Marliin did this year. tell us something we dont see or dont already know.:rolleyes:

TripleH
09-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Heck who does not stick 9 in the box with safety 4-5 yards deep when playing us??? LOL thats nothing new. folks have been doing that agaist snyder for years. Its what Amarillo PD did. its what Herford did. Its what Marliin did this year. tell us something we dont see or dont already know.:rolleyes: I'm not trying to tell you something you don't already know. So tell me, how was that running game in the second half last year. Oh, and by the way believe it or not Black Magic I really was there. :hand:

STANG RED
09-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Well I guess maybe you should do like Black Magic said and call Coach Jackson and see if he needs a consultant also.:devil:

You would think there is enough overwhelming evidence out there to support our point of view, but as long as these guys are satisfied with simply winning more than they lose and going as deep as they can with what they always do, then nothing is going to change. As the ol saying goes; you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make him drink.
Evidently our horses just arent thirsty enough.

Black_Magic
09-25-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm not trying to tell you something you don't already know. So tell me, how was that running game in the second half last year. Oh, and by the way believe it or not Black Magic I really was there. :hand: second half of what game?you want to talk one game here over a year ago?? or second half running game over the season. If we are talking the season then the second half running game usualy is nearly twice the first half totals over the season. does that answere your question or are you insisting on 2 quarters of one out of 13 total games played???:thinking:

TripleH
09-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Well if this is the game you choose to play, I'll play along.

second half of what game?

I had already covered which game in the quote below that you must not have taken the time to read.

But just for more conversation, tell me how that running game worked in the second half of the Marlin game last year when they ran 9 in a box with the safety 4 yards off the ball.:thinking:

or are you insisting on 2 quarters of one out of 13 total games played???:thinking:

If it's in the playoffs and it's the one that sends you home, exactly what I meant.

IF it gets us to the the state championship and then we cant win it because we dont throw the ball "good enough" for some, then so be it .

And with the above quote thanks for proving what I had asked from word go. You're the man, Black Magic.:thumbsup:

SUPERMANN5107
09-25-2007, 01:31 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Black_Magic
[B]I never said " snyder needs to get a passing game" . Snyder has a passing game and uses it when they need it.

1-9 for 2 yards? not much of a passing game

SUPERMANN5107
09-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
Haunt em later :( don't you mean us later ex O Linemen who loved running the ball and hated retreat blocking.

as for that, i would have gladly "retreat blocked" if it would have meant that we would have gone deeper into the playoffs

cr180t
09-25-2007, 01:48 PM
as for that, i would have gladly "retreat blocked" if it would have meant that we would have gone deeper into the playoffs

I understand it was a lack of passing that knoocked us out last year. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Black_Magic
09-25-2007, 02:09 PM

I had already covered which game in the quote below that you must not have taken the time to read.

If it's in the playoffs and it's the one that sends you home, exactly what I meant.

And with the above quote thanks for proving what I had asked from word go. You're the man, Black Magic.:thumbsup: So we should stop running the the ball at an average of 9 yards per carry and start chunking it up for grabs??? LOL I dont know of a single game we lost in the last 6 years that can be atributed to a "lack of ability of passing" not even the Marlin game of last year. that was due to Poor tackling mostly and nothing to do with not being able to throw the ball. there is such a thing about doing what your good at and taking advantage of your strengths. if your great at running then run the ball. if your good at passing then throw it. It is stupid to shoot your self in the foot by trying to do someting that your second best at because of a few bleacher creatures notions that you should be doing something els. Snyder has won more playoff games in the last 3 years than snyder had ever won before in its history going back to the 1920s. something is going right. to quote Ranger mom.. If it aint broke dont fix it.

TripleH
09-25-2007, 02:26 PM
So we should stop running the the ball at an average of 9 yards per carry and start chunking it up for grabs??? LOL I dont know of a single game we lost in the last 6 years that can be atributed to a "lack of ability of passing" not even the Marlin game of last year. that was due to Poor tackling mostly and nothing to do with not being able to throw the ball. there is such a thing about doing what your good at and taking advantage of your strengths. if your great at running then run the ball. if your good at passing then throw it. It is stupid to shoot your self in the foot by trying to do someting that your second best at because of a few bleacher creatures notions that you should be doing something els. Snyder has won more playoff games in the last 3 years than snyder had ever won before in its history going back to the 1920s. something is going right. to quote Ranger mom.. If it aint broke dont fix it. Once again on the defense (how appropriate) aren't we. I have never said that we should not run the ball. Read and retain. I said I (once again an opinion) thought with the Tigers running game as strong as it is that maybe a play action pass or two might make it even better, yes maybe even better than 9 yards per carry. And yes I am a bleacher creature, I'm sure the players enjoy seeing us in the stands even though we have not a clue. :rolleyes: But just maybe, if you think about it without being defensive if when a team is running a 9 man front with the safety 4 yards off the line of scrimmage and I say maybe with the wideouts being single covered with the cornerback on their outside shoulder that should you run a post pattern there probably wouldn't be anyone to cover it.:thinking: And if that happened do you think that maybe it would be a little harder to run 9 in the box?? I know, I'm not the professional but it sure is good food for thought for the so called bleacher creatures who support the Tigers win or lose.

DaHop72
09-25-2007, 03:04 PM
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9430/popcornri5.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9430/popcornri5.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Snyder_TigerFan
09-25-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9430/popcornri5.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9430/popcornri5.gif (http://imageshack.us)

I don't think there was this much turmoil when Snyder was 0-3 last year.:D
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

STANG RED
09-25-2007, 03:25 PM
Once again on the defense (how appropriate) aren't we. I have never said that we should not run the ball. Read and retain. I said I (once again an opinion) thought with the Tigers running game as strong as it is that maybe a play action pass or two might make it even better, yes maybe even better than 9 yards per carry. And yes I am a bleacher creature, I'm sure the players enjoy seeing us in the stands even though we have not a clue. :rolleyes: But just maybe, if you think about it without being defensive if when a team is running a 9 man front with the safety 4 yards off the line of scrimmage and I say maybe with the wideouts being single covered with the cornerback on their outside shoulder that should you run a post pattern there probably wouldn't be anyone to cover it.:thinking: And if that happened do you think that maybe it would be a little harder to run 9 in the box?? I know, I'm not the professional but it sure is good food for thought for the so called bleacher creatures who support the Tigers win or lose.

I made this same exact argument with him last year and he wasnt buying it then either. Makes just way too much common sense to ever work I guess.:doh:
He'd make a great politician. That's usually their approach as well.

SUPERMANN5107
09-25-2007, 03:53 PM
So we should stop running the the ball at an average of 9 yards per carry and start chunking it up for grabs??? LOL I dont know of a single game we lost in the last 6 years that can be atributed to a "lack of ability of passing" not even the Marlin game of last year. that was due to Poor tackling mostly and nothing to do with not being able to throw the ball. there is such a thing about doing what your good at and taking advantage of your strengths. if your great at running then run the ball. if your good at passing then throw it. It is stupid to shoot your self in the foot by trying to do someting that your second best at because of a few bleacher creatures notions that you should be doing something els. Snyder has won more playoff games in the last 3 years than snyder had ever won before in its history going back to the 1920s. something is going right. to quote Ranger mom.. If it aint broke dont fix it.

But look at the athletes there are at wideout for snyder. not mentioning any names, but anyone who knows about snyder's wide receivers knows that they have just as much if not more ability to contribute to the game, rather than just blocking

DaHop72
09-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
35-17 Snyder, Final. See what you started. :D :D

Ranger Mom
09-25-2007, 04:05 PM
See what you started. :D :D

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was hoping my "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" would cause more controversy!!:evillol: :evillol:

Snyder_TigerFan
09-25-2007, 04:06 PM
See what you started. :D :D

LOL! :D

DaHop72
09-25-2007, 04:08 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was hoping my "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" would cause more controversy!!:evillol: :evillol: I think it threw everyone into shock when Black Magic agreed with you.:devil: :kiss:

tigerbyheart
09-25-2007, 04:09 PM
I think it threw everyone into shock when Black Magic agreed with you.:devil: :kiss:

:eek: :eek: :eek: I know I am in shock!!!!

Snydertigersrul
09-25-2007, 05:43 PM

YOU NEED TO CHECK YOUR FACTS. SNYDER HAS SCORED 70 PERCENT OF ITS POINTS IN THE SECOND HALF BY WEARING TEAMS DOWN WITH THE RUNNING GAME.

And with the above quote thanks for proving what I had asked from word go. You're the man, Black Magic.:thumbsup:

SideBurnWillie
09-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Snyder has a passing game and uses it when they need it.

1 of 9 for 2 yards, know thats a passing game. Lord I hope they never need it.:doh:

SideBurnWillie
09-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

He'd make a great politician. That's usually their approach as well.

He has the nose for one. I think a few years back they called him digger on the field and also plow. He always answers a question with a question go figure.

SUPERMANN5107
09-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by SideBurnWillie
He has the nose for one. I think a few years back they called him digger on the field and also plow. He always answers a question with a question go figure.

LMAO thats one of the funniest things i've heard all day

TripleH
09-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Okay, start at the first and read each post. I don't think I said anything about this years second half. Let me help you guys again, read and retain. Read by a ways and you will see that I was helping Black Magic remember the Marlin game in Brownwood last year. I used it as an example of what happens when you continue to run against a 9 man front that is stopping you. You were there and saw if as well I'm sure. So tell me, do you think a post pattern might have gotten Marlin out of the 9 man front. Oh, wait a minute you are just like the rest of us bleachers creatures except you just get to look down from on us from on high.:rolleyes:

TripleH
09-25-2007, 10:00 PM
And of course if you happened to read the "As I See It" ;) ;) in the newspaper today I'm sure you definitely agree with Black Magic on his stance. But let me refresh you and Black Magic's memory in case you didn't read it.;)

"Passing will loosen up a defense and make it easier for the running game. SHS head coach Chad Rogers quickly pointed out after Saturday's game that the passing game must improve."

This from the article in the Snyder Daily News written by Larry McCarty sports editor.

Now Black Magic, that would seem to contradict alot of your arguements today.

:thinking: :thinking:

SideBurnWillie
09-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Oh, wait a minute you are just like the rest of us bleachers creatures except you just get to look down from on us from on high.:rolleyes:

Know thats even funnier I don't care who you are.

SideBurnWillie
09-25-2007, 10:03 PM
And of course if you happened to read the "As I See It" ;) ;) in the newspaper today I'm sure you definitely agree with Black Magic on his stance. But let me refresh you and Black Magic's memory in case you didn't read it.;)

"Passing will loosen up a defense and make it easier for the running game. SHS head coach Chad Rogers quickly pointed out after Saturday's game that the passing game must improve."

This from the article in the Snyder Daily News written by Larry McCarty sports editor.

Now Black Magic, that would seem to contradict alot of your arguements today.

:thinking: :thinking:

I sure do like you TH. :cool:

TripleH
09-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by SideBurnWillie
I sure do like you TH. :cool: Well then we will be friends and you can call me Trips.:thumbsup:

cr180t
09-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Well then we will be friends and you can call me Trips.:thumbsup:

Scooter that you?

TripleH
09-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
Scooter that you? Sorry young man but I don't believe you have the right person.

tuff26
09-25-2007, 10:35 PM
This offensive line is the best I have seen here at Snyder. Did not see the ones in the 80's just from that time forward. As far as rec contributing I thought blocking was a contribution. RUN The BALL over an Over

SUPERMANN5107
09-25-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by tuff26
This offensive line is the best I have seen here at Snyder. Did not see the ones in the 80's just from that time forward. As far as rec contributing I thought blocking was a contribution. RUN The BALL over an Over

it seems like a waste to let amazing athletes waste their talent by JUST blocking. i've thought this for the past couple of years

Black_Magic
09-26-2007, 07:29 AM
Once again on the defense (how appropriate) aren't we. I have never said that we should not run the ball. Read and retain. I said I (once again an opinion) thought with the Tigers running game as strong as it is that maybe a play action pass or two might make it even better, yes maybe even better than 9 yards per carry. And yes I am a bleacher creature, I'm sure the players enjoy seeing us in the stands even though we have not a clue. :rolleyes: But just maybe, if you think about it without being defensive if when a team is running a 9 man front with the safety 4 yards off the line of scrimmage and I say maybe with the wideouts being single covered with the cornerback on their outside shoulder that should you run a post pattern there probably wouldn't be anyone to cover it.:thinking: And if that happened do you think that maybe it would be a little harder to run 9 in the box?? I know, I'm not the professional but it sure is good food for thought for the so called bleacher creatures who support the Tigers win or lose. When you dont play D right and the other team scores too much because of foul ups and poor tackling then yes we should have played better D. PLAY ACTION PASS...:thinking: What in the heck have you been watching? Thats just about the ONLY kind of pass the Tigers throw..:doh: Your acting like Snyder does not throw the ball at all. Fact is when we have It has not been that productive. IF you ever see workouts you would see They DO work throwing the ball just as much as running the ball. Snyder Runs the ball great. you should stay with running the ball if thats what you do well. FYI Snyder Was down by 6 to Herford with 1:06 to play and scored by RUNNING the ball from 60 yards out and left 25 seconds on the clock.. Not a bad 2 min offense.:rolleyes: Again It is the running game that will get Snyder to the playoffs. Many Bleacher Creachers will second guess the tigers but ultimatly they are better than the have EVER been.

TripleH
09-26-2007, 10:25 AM
but ultimatly they are better than the have EVER been. I hope you are right Black Magic and it's good to know that you are saying that the Tigers will make their first ever state finals appearence.;)

cr180t
09-26-2007, 01:26 PM
it seems like a waste to let amazing athletes waste their talent by JUST blocking. i've thought this for the past couple of years

Black_Magic
09-26-2007, 01:41 PM
should have let him have it:devil:

Snydertigersrul
09-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Okay, start at the first and read each post. I don't think I said anything about this years second half. Let me help you guys again, read and retain. Read by a ways and you will see that I was helping Black Magic remember the Marlin game in Brownwood last year. I used it as an example of what happens when you continue to run against a 9 man front that is stopping you. You were there and saw if as well I'm sure. So tell me, do you think a post pattern might have gotten Marlin out of the 9 man front. Oh, wait a minute you are just like the rest of us bleachers creatures except you just get to look down from on us from on high.:rolleyes:

Who cares what happened against a particular opponent in 2006, this is a new season. Nothing that happened in 2006 will affect this season. I say KEEP RUNNING THE BALL.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-26-2007, 01:53 PM
should have let him have it:devil:

I liked it.

cr180t
09-26-2007, 01:56 PM
I hope you are right Black Magic and it's good to know that you are saying that the Tigers will make their first ever state finals appearence.;)

That would be great. I know the town would be excited. What kid out there is not dreaming of a ring? I know I did.

TripleH
09-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Who cares what happened against a particular opponent in 2006, this is a new season. Nothing that happened in 2006 will affect this season. I say KEEP RUNNING THE BALL.

Once again, read and retain.

"Passing will loosen up a defense and make it easier for the running game. SHS head coach Chad rogers quickly pointed out after Saturday's game that the passing game must improve.

:thinking: :thinking: :rolleyes:

Black_Magic
09-26-2007, 02:04 PM
If Coach Rogers could only find out how to hire this master mind!:thinking: It just would not be fair to the other teams though . Imagine if Snyder would just throw in some play action pass like triple H said.

TripleH
09-26-2007, 02:23 PM
If Coach Rogers could only find out how to hire this master mind!:thinking: It just would not be fair to the other teams though . Imagine if Snyder would just throw in some play action pass like triple H said. Looks like Coach Rogers only has room for one brilliant, confident, loved by all of the community:rolleyes: master mind coach at this time and it appears to be filled already.:hand:

tigerdude
09-26-2007, 08:42 PM
master mind that plays off of young men with broken homes.