PDA

View Full Version : Clyde

wildstangs
09-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Will get this topic away from the Monahans/Andrews thread.

KTA has predicted that Clyde will knock off Sweetwater and give Wylie a game. I think the next two weeks will give us a great indication of whether or not Clyde is real this year, or if they have just been looking good against 2A schools. Clyde has Vernon and Burkburnett the next two weeks, followed by Wylie and Sweetwater. Will be interesting to see what they can do against Vernon and Burk. Predictions?

KTA
09-22-2007, 02:29 PM
and?

wildstangs
09-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by KTA
and?

KTA.....I am asking if other people think Clyde will be a force this year, or if their wins against 2A teams are deceiving.

necks_c/09
09-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Will get this topic away from the Monahans/Andrews thread.

KTA has predicted that Clyde will knock off Sweetwater and give Wylie a game. I think the next two weeks will give us a great indication of whether or not Clyde is real this year, or if they have just been looking good against 2A schools. Clyde has Vernon and Burkburnett the next two weeks, followed by Wylie and Sweetwater. Will be interesting to see what they can do against Vernon and Burk. Predictions? Clyde will lose to vernon, burkburnett, and wylie..... possibly even s town

just mho

STANG RED
09-22-2007, 02:52 PM
If Clyde had played powerhouse 2A teams I suppose it might mean something. As it is those wins mean nothing to me. They'll have to compete well against a good 3A or 4A before they earn any respect. The fact that they even have all those 2A teams on their schedule looses my respect.

thewyliefan
09-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Clyde wont beat vernon burk wylie or swater IMO

necks_c/09
09-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
Clyde wont beat vernon burk wylie or swater IMO true dat.... after playing a bunch of 2a schools they will be shocked at the talent difference when they play vernon

thewyliefan
09-22-2007, 03:14 PM
thats exactly what im saying

charlesrixey
09-22-2007, 03:45 PM
can somebody post clyde's schedule and results please?

that might help

wildstangs
09-22-2007, 03:58 PM
08/31/2007 @ Ballinger (6-2A) won: 32-7
09/07/2007 Graham (6-3A) lost: 0-12
09/14/2007 Early (6-2A) won: 35-17
09/21/2007 @ Bangs (6-2A) won: 32-0

charlesrixey
09-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Early, Bangs and Ballinger are all decent to good football teams in 2A, and Graham is for sure a top 20 team, if not top 10, in 3A

I think they will do fine

Snyder_TigerFan
09-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Clyde wont beat vernon burk wylie or swater IMO

I'm leaning that way too. Although I think they'll plays all 4 team pretty tough.

Who-dun-it!!?
09-23-2007, 12:23 AM
I don't have a clue. But I'd like to see clyde become a contender.

lion75
09-23-2007, 12:29 AM
The Lions are expecting a battle. Can Clyde handle "The Jungle?"

PlayaJBiehl20
09-23-2007, 12:44 AM
First of all no Ballinger is not very strong, Graham is legit, Early has become a powerhouse in 2a or is becoming one, their def. not pushovers, and didn't Bangs get beat by Breck by like 3 right?

PlayaJBiehl20
09-23-2007, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by lion75
The Lions are expecting a battle. Can Clyde handle "The Jungle?"

Will you quit saying the jungle it sounds stupid.

thewyliefan
09-23-2007, 01:04 AM
i agree with the fact that they will play teams tough, but only for the first 2 quarters if that much. you cant run kevil every single play and expect to win aginst better 3A teams. but then again accidents happen

wildstangs
09-23-2007, 11:36 AM
i agree with the fact that they will play teams tough, but only for the first 2 quarters if that much. you cant run kevil every single play and expect to win aginst better 3A teams. but then again accidents happen

Accidents do happen. What year was it that Clyde beat Wylie, and then STILL missed the playoffs? 2003?

injuredinmelee
09-23-2007, 11:44 AM
I didnt expect Clyde to dominate Bangs the way they did. Bangs did hang with Breck and we all know about the donkey stomping that Breck put on Hirschi this weekend. Early graduated everyone from their ood team last year and isnt very good this fall. Ballinger is way down again this year.
I will give Clyde props for beating Bangs and their game against Graham, but until they start playing legit teams in their own clasification I cant get too excited about them.
I think though and I could be way way off here but mabe Slaughter schedules these games in order to teach his kids how to win. YOu do have to learn how to win. You have to learn how to put a game away. You do have to learn what to do in every situation and with Clydes history they have not been known as a winner. I think Slaughter will do a good job if he is given the opportunity and the facilities to b able to build a program.

thewyliefan
09-23-2007, 02:31 PM
i think it was before the state year clyde did that, so 03' ish

lion75
09-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
Will you quit saying the jungle it sounds stupid. If you got a problem send me a pm

injuredinmelee
09-23-2007, 04:32 PM
i think it was before the state year clyde did that, so 03' ish

No it was the yea that Wylie won state that Clyde won. I remember driving to a playoff game a couple of weeks later and stopping at a convenience store in Clyde to gas up and being decked out in Wylie stuff and the clerk asking if we wanted to buy a copy of the Wylie?Clyde game tape.

necks_c/09
If you got a problem send me a pm
do it

PlayaJBiehl20
If you got a problem send me a pm

Temper, temper.

PlayaJBiehl20
09-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
No it was the yea that Wylie won state that Clyde won. I remember driving to a playoff game a couple of weeks later and stopping at a convenience store in Clyde to gas up and being decked out in Wylie stuff and the clerk asking if we wanted to buy a copy of the Wylie?Clyde game tape.

Haha, which conveince store?

injuredinmelee
09-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Allsups

PlayaJBiehl20
09-23-2007, 04:41 PM
O i c the five-star restaurant in Clyde.

lion75
09-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Haha, which conveince store? What is a conveince store?

Da Mules
09-23-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Early, Bangs and Ballinger are all decent to good football teams in 2A, and Graham is for sure a top 20 team, if not top 10, in 3A

I think they will do fine

whoa there Charles. Early is 0-3. Bangs is 1-2. Ballinger is 2-1 but has only beat winless Coahoma, and 2-2 Brady. Sorry to point that out VWG and other Ballinger Bearkat fans.
These particular 2A teams were good last year or so, but are not doing so well thus far. None of them are considered Region 1 2A decent teams at this point.

thewyliefan
09-23-2007, 10:50 PM
o it was the year they won state? hmm im getting my years mixed up.

and allsups isnt the five star restraunt in clyde is the sonice duh

wildstangs
09-23-2007, 10:57 PM
I am going to hold judgement on Clyde until after this Friday. Lets see what they do against a strong Vernon team. I am sure Graham fans are very interested in this game as well.

injuredinmelee
09-24-2007, 04:03 AM
O i c the five-star restaurant in Clyde.

I thought that was the Whata Burger.

NDFootball
09-24-2007, 04:11 AM

Are you sure? I remember some idiot got into the stadium and emblazoned 17-7 in the corner of one of our endzones in '03

I know in '04 we lost to Snyder in district but I thought that was it because we shared the district title with Snyder and S'water

Got thumped by Decatur during the regular season then upset them in the playoffs...

NDFootball
09-24-2007, 04:12 AM
Oh yeah and once Clyde can beat somebody besides 2A football teams I'll consider them legit

injuredinmelee
09-24-2007, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by NDFootball
Are you sure? I remember some idiot got into the stadium and emblazoned 17-7 in the corner of one of our endzones in '03

I know in '04 we lost to Snyder in district but I thought that was it because we shared the district title with Snyder and S'water

Got thumped by Decatur during the regular season then upset them in the playoffs...

your right. It was the year we lost to Gainesville in the Semis and then they went on to beat Burnet in the final.

Texasfootball2
09-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by NDFootball

Since Wylie was the '04 state champs and Clyde beat them in '03, common sense tells me that is wasn't the same year.

PlayaJBiehl20
09-24-2007, 09:21 AM
I thought that was the Whata Burger.
No thats the six-star restaurant.

thewyliefan
09-24-2007, 09:46 AM
sweet i thought i was right about the year the beat wylie, i was kinda doubting my self, i havnt been right on to many things lately besdies the fact that vernon is going to beat clyde:)

Black_Magic
09-24-2007, 10:53 AM
IMO Clyde finishes 2nd in district to wylie. Sweetwater battles for third with Breck.

Black_Magic
09-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Since Wylie was the '04 state champs and Clyde beat them in '03, common sense tells me that is wasn't the same year. Thats right. the only two teams who beat Wylie in 04 was SNYDER:D :D :D . and Decatur.

Texasfootball2
09-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
IMO Clyde finishes 2nd in district to wylie. Sweetwater battles for third with Breck.

This could very well be true. Clyde plays Sweetwater at home, but plays at Breckenridge and Wylie.

Breckenridge plays both Clyde and Sweetwater at home, and at Wylie.

Sweetwater plays at both Clyde and Breckenridge.

This is going to be very interesting the way the schedule sets up. Probably will come down to who wins the last game of the season between Breckenridge and Sweetwater. I wouldn't count Clyde in just yet, I have a feeling that the district tye breaking system is going to come into play. Up until the last two weeks I would have totally agreed with your post about Clyde but after what Sweetwater has done the last two weeks and what Breckenridge did last week to WF Hirschi, things are a little more up in the air. Heres the schedule.

Clyde Breckenridge Sweetwater

@ Wylie @ Comanche H - Comanche
H - Sweetwater H- Clyde @ Clyde
@ Breckenridge @ Wylie H- Wylie
H- Comanche H- Sweetwater @ Breckenridge

Texasfootball2
09-24-2007, 11:44 AM
This could very well be true. Clyde plays Sweetwater at home, but plays at Breckenridge and Wylie.

Breckenridge plays both Clyde and Sweetwater at home, and at Wylie.

Sweetwater plays at both Clyde and Breckenridge.

This is going to be very interesting the way the schedule sets up. Probably will come down to who wins the last game of the season between Breckenridge and Sweetwater. I wouldn't count Clyde in just yet, I have a feeling that the district tye breaking system is going to come into play. Up until the last two weeks I would have totally agreed with your post about Clyde but after what Sweetwater has done the last two weeks and what Breckenridge did last week to WF Hirschi, things are a little more up in the air. Heres the schedule.

Clyde Breckenridge Sweetwater

@ Wylie @ Comanche H - Comanche
H - Sweetwater H- Clyde @ Clyde
@ Breckenridge @ Wylie H- Wylie
H- Comanche H- Sweetwater @ Breckenridge

Also forgot to add that Clyde's open date is the last week. If they haven't already clinched a playoff spot, there will be a ton of uneasy Clyde fans in Breckenridge watching them play Sweetwater, with some sort of an agenda for who to rout for and by how much. ISN'T HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL THE GREATEST!!!!!

Johnny Moxen
09-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Clyde gets beat by Vernon, then Burk, then Wylie.

Texasfootball2
09-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
Clyde gets beat by Vernon, then Burk, then Wylie.

Even if this happens they only have to beat Breckenridge and Sweetwater to clinch a playoff spot. The Plot will seriously thincken if they were to lose one of these games.

Sweetwater Red
09-24-2007, 12:03 PM

IMO Greenwood finishes 2nd in district to Andrews. Snyder
Battles for third with always lethal Lamesa. :rolleyes:

Texasfootball2
09-24-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Battles for third with always lethal Lamesa. :rolleyes:

Are you serious with about this prediction?

DaHop72
09-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Battles for third with always lethal Lamesa. :rolleyes: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :evilgrin:

Sweetwater Red
09-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :evilgrin:

You know who that was directed at my friend.:D :devil:

DaHop72
09-24-2007, 12:48 PM
You know who that was directed at my friend.:D :devil: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

STANG RED
09-24-2007, 01:00 PM

With always tough Greenwood, and a much improved Andrews team on your district schedule, you might be better served concerning yourself with how to keep those offenses from putting 40+ on your pourous defense, rather than how another district is going to play out.
Dont worry too much though. 3rd will still get you into the playoffs. And I'm sure you can hold The Golden Tors to about 30.:devil:

Sweetwater Red
09-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
With always tough Greenwood, and a much improved Andrews team on your district schedule, you might be better served concerning yourself with how to keep those offenses from putting 40+ on your pourous defense, rather than how another district is going to play out.
Dont worry too much though. 3rd will still get you into the playoffs. And I'm sure you can hold The Golden Tors to about 30.:devil:

LMAO..He said "pourous defense":clap:

injuredinmelee
09-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Thats right. the only two teams who beat Wylie in 04 was SNYDER:D :D :D . and Decatur.

and where did that victory get ya? Glad to see your still a tool.

Black_Magic
09-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Dont worry too much though. 3rd will still get you into the playoffs. And I'm sure you can hold The Golden Tors to about 30.:devil: Glad to see you back feeling spunky!. sure was quiet for a 3 weeks until last monday.:kiss: .

Black_Magic
09-24-2007, 01:28 PM
and where did that victory get ya? Glad to see your still a tool. Come one now!! If I said TWO IN A ROW!!! BABY!! that would be being a tool.:kiss:

TripleH
09-24-2007, 01:32 PM
you might be better served concerning yourself with how to keep those offenses from putting 40+ on your pourous defense
It would appear from the last two games that someone on the Tiger staff figured out that the defense that they ran the first games was not going to be the typical December defense. They have changed defenses the last two games and it appears that the boys are more comfortable and have more knowledge of how it is ran. I don't think you will see anymore 40+ scores given up for awhile.

STANG RED
09-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Glad to see you back feeling spunky!. sure was quiet for a 3 weeks until last monday.:kiss: .

Check the records a little closer, you'll find it was more like 3 or more months. Those 70+ hour weeks at work didn't leave me much playtime. But it did give me time to sharpen a few sticks to poke you with for next couple of months.:p

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-24-2007, 02:44 PM
The Jungle!

Jungle, Jungle, Jungle!

--
Sorry, I was just feeling froggy!

Butkus
09-24-2007, 03:57 PM
Check the records a little closer, you'll find it was more like 3 or more months. Those 70+ hour weeks at work didn't leave me much playtime. But it did give me time to sharpen a few sticks to poke you with for next couple of months.:p Welcome back thar brother Red.

STANG RED
09-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Good ta be back. I misst poken at ol Blackie.

Mommy finely let me put a intronet line out tha whiskey makin barn sos I ken make hooch an peck on this thang at tha same time. Moan out, tha hooch is a goooooood batch this year. Better hurry tho ifn Bubba beats ya, they wont be nun left.

Ranger Mom
09-24-2007, 04:07 PM

Mommy finely let me put a intronet line out tha whiskey makin barn sos I ken make hooch an peck on this thang at tha same time. Moan out, tha hooch is a goooooood batch this year. Better hurry tho ifn Bubba beats ya, they wont be nun left.

I don't wanna hijack this thread....but we missed you weekend before last in Sweetwater!!!

Butkus
09-24-2007, 04:07 PM

Mommy finely let me put a intronet line out tha whiskey makin barn sos I ken make hooch an peck on this thang at tha same time. Moan out, tha hooch is a goooooood batch this year. Better hurry tho ifn Bubba beats ya, they wont be nun left. I wuz down thar couple weeks ago an didnt find ya hooch or u. Best i got it figgered old Bubba done gone an went awol on us.

Bubba-Joe
09-24-2007, 04:13 PM
I aint AWOL you old wind bags
I been busy
and both you know it too
I see Blackie done gone and stirred you boys up
Oh for the days when the tiggers and Mustangs played football
OH
wait they did let the younguns play each other this year
How did that match up go for the Junior high teams anyway??????

STANG RED
09-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I don't wanna hijack this thread....but we missed you weekend before last in Sweetwater!!!

I know. I got stuck at the jobsite and couldnt shake loose in time. I drove by when I got in and there was less than a minute in the 4th to go, so I just went on to the house.
You know where I live though. Why didnt yall come by and check on me? I could have been layed up dieing for all you know.
Sheesh, some friend you are. :D

DaHop72
09-24-2007, 04:22 PM
I know. I got stuck at the jobsite and couldnt shake loose in time. I drove by when I got in and there was less than a minute in the 4th to go, so I just went on to the house.
You know where I live though. Why didnt yall come by and check on me? I could have been layed up dieing for all you know.
Sheesh, some friend you are. :D :thinking: First game or the second game.:D

Ranger Mom
09-24-2007, 04:25 PM
:thinking: First game or the second game.:D

If he says "first game"...I'm gonna have to hurt him!!!;)

DaHop72
09-24-2007, 04:26 PM
If he says "first game"...I'm gonna have to hurt him!!!;) :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

STANG RED
09-24-2007, 04:28 PM
:thinking: First game or the second game.:D

2nd game. But I did get to hear some on the radio on the way in.

Ranger Mom
09-24-2007, 04:29 PM
2nd game. But I did get to hear some on the radio on the way in.

Okay.....I had already left by then, so you are vindicated!!:)

STANG RED
09-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Okay.....I had already left by then, so you are vindicated!!:)

Thats a lie! I am not, nor have I ever been vindicated!

I still have both of mine fully intact. :D

PlayaJBiehl20
09-24-2007, 05:03 PM
another sweetwater snyder thread, o good times

thewyliefan
09-25-2007, 12:55 AM
ahh bringing back the good ol days

lakers
09-25-2007, 11:27 AM
here we go again.....

Phantom Stang
09-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Even if this happens they only have to beat Breckenridge and Sweetwater to clinch a playoff spot. The Plot will seriously thincken if they were to lose one of these games.
Beware the howling Indian!!:eek: