PDA

View Full Version : South Dallas Super Bowl Time!

JR2004
09-22-2007, 01:32 PM
From the DMN

First victory at stake in Lincoln-Madison showdown

09:14 PM CDT on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Saturday's South Dallas Super Bowl between Lincoln and Madison offers more than bragging rights. Each team seeks its first victory. Game time is 7 p.m. at Kincaide Stadium.

Mason Hayes has scored six touchdowns for Lincoln. The game features several young, talented players. Madison quarterback Anthony Williams and running backs Reggie Pegram and Vernon Hunt are sophomores, and only two linemen are seniors. Hunt scored four touchdowns against A. Maceo Smith.

Lincoln sophomore running back Mason Hayes has amassed 433 yards (334 rushing) and six touchdowns. He had 183 yards and three scores against Ennis.

Damon L. Sayles

JR2004
09-22-2007, 01:46 PM
This game is always the most fun one on the schedule. Losing in the playoffs really wasn't too big of a deal because the kids still were able to spend an entire year bragging about beating Lincoln for the first time in almost a decade!

To kinda put the game in perspective for folks who don't know much about it, the schools are less than 2 miles from each other in South Dallas. Madison's head coach and OC are Lincoln graduates (Who by the way turned down taking over at Lincoln in 2005 when Samples left for Skyline because he wasn't going to leave Madison even for his alma mater.) Half the coaching staff is from Lincoln and our DC and WR's coach are both Madison graduates who played against our OC back in high school.

This game is kinda like Sweetwater and Snyder in intensity except these kids grew up with each other, played on the same team from Pop Warner through junior high and often you have families that went to both schools. Even though we're going to get rolled in about 5 hours I'm still not missing it!

charlesrixey
09-22-2007, 02:11 PM
this is a big game for both programs, especially this year when both teams are trying to re-establish themselves

some people forget that Madison has been very good the last two years and Lincoln lost in the 4A DII title game a few years ago

this game on the radio, JR?

JR2004
09-22-2007, 02:41 PM
I don't believe this game is on the radio. DISD does a pretty bad job promoting its football teams, especially the rivalry games. I'll go check though to make sure.

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I don't believe this game is on the radio. DISD does a pretty bad job promoting its football teams, especially the rivalry games. I'll go check though to make sure.

990AM does a DISD game of the week