PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 GotW(Week 4) : La Vernia Bears (4-0) @ Cuero Gobblers (3-1)

R4Editor
09-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Gobblers face another unbeaten team, La Vernia who finish last year as Div. 1 Region 4 area finalist. Both teams have played Bandera and both teams routed the Bulldogs(Cuero 57-14 and La Vernia 47-20). Bears will give the Gobblers a good game, but too much offensive power from Cuero puts this game away in the 2nd half.

My pick is Cuero wins.

Discuss who wins and why.

buff4life
09-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Cuero...just because the name of Cuero scares opponents due to their tradition...

necks_c/09
09-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Cuero

They have to much firepower on offense for La Vernia to handle.

I'll say Cuero by a score of 34-20

CHSfan
09-22-2007, 01:36 PM
CUERO defenatly....i think now that we have lost our guys are realizing that they are actually goin to have to work for the win!!
GO GOBBLERS!!

ps that night for any people that are interesed that are coming from lavernia choir is having a spagetti dinner with entertainment b4 the game 5 to 7:30 in the cafeteria!! tickets are $6!

GreenMachine
09-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Cuero wins this one as the road back toward LH begins.

crabman
09-22-2007, 09:42 PM
We were talking last night about how we felt sorry for whoever Cuero played after last night's loss to Liberty Hill. Cuero turned it up a notch. They hit harder, played harder, dug deeper than they had in their previous wins. They saw what it takes to stay on the field with state ranked teams. You guys saw what our offense can do against great talent. Take away a couple of turnovers and LaVernia had better watch out. The positives out of this LH game will have our boys so jacked I am predicting a four TD win. 42-14.

Also, I think LH played harder than they had in their prior games. You could tell at the end of the game when they were jumping all over the place. They knew they had just played one heck of a team and won by playing one heck of a ballgame. I also feel sorry for Liberty Hills next opponent. Liberty Hill is GOOD and JACKED UP. Who might that next patsy be?

rundoe
09-22-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
Cuero...just because the name of Cuero scares opponents due to their tradition...

I'll vote for Cuero, but Because we respect them not fear them.

TAMUGRAD
09-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Hijacked thread.
Let's get back to the Cuero vs. LaVernia game.

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD
Hijacked thread.
Let's get back to the Cuero vs. LaVernia game.
Taken care of.... ;)

Just looking at La Vernia's opponents, I don't think any team they've played yet will prepare them for the Gobblers. Cuero by 14+.

JT44
09-23-2007, 10:02 AM
I know LaVernia is returning a pretty big WR, are they also returning their QB from last year?

Perhaps some Bandera fans might give the best insight to this game.

KingRob
09-23-2007, 10:25 AM
This will be another goodern, but the Gobblers will be too much...

Survey Says:

CUERO - 41
LA VERNIA - 20

LET'S GO CUERO!!
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

44INAROW
09-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Pretty sure Corey Baker graduated...... (QB from La Vernia) I am also pretty sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.... :p The Bears played Cuero tooth and nail last year - I think Cuero takes this one -

KingRob
09-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Last year it was Cuero 26-20. Cuero leads the series between these two teams 8-1. La Vernia beat Cuero in 1992 13-7 (Cuero went 4-6 that year). Cuero had no problem with the Bears in the 90s, but they have been playing better the last few years.

JT44
09-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Pretty sure Corey Baker graduated...... (QB from La Vernia) I am also pretty sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.... :p The Bears played Cuero tooth and nail last year - I think Cuero takes this one -

yup, quincy sat out that game w/an injury, and tre gray got hurt in the 1st qtr, also d.ruiz played with bum shoulder.
Cuero had a lot of injuries, and LaVernia definitely capitalized last year and nearly took it.
Cuero had to adjust their offensive mindset mid quarter, and the defense was able to hold on in the end.

C.Baker did graduate, but I hear this years QB fits the same mold

IHStangFan
09-23-2007, 04:46 PM
wow....must be a sad week in Reg. IV coming up if this is the game of the week. This will not even be close.

buff4life
09-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
I'll vote for Cuero, but Because we respect them not fear them.

most teams fear a team they respect...

pirate4state
09-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
wow....must be a sad week in Reg. IV coming up if this is the game of the week. This will not even be close. Agreed. Do you think the rumors are true? :p ;)

Cuero by 3 tds

SintonFan_inAustin
09-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Its Cuero then

everybody else way below them in Region 4

IHStangFan
09-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Agreed. Do you think the rumors are true? :p ;)

Cuero by 3 tds not sure what rumors you are referring to, but I don't see this one being close at all.

VanKampen
09-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by crabman
We were talking last night about how we felt sorry for whoever Cuero played after last night's loss to Liberty Hill. Cuero turned it up a notch. They hit harder, played harder, dug deeper than they had in their previous wins. They saw what it takes to stay on the field with state ranked teams. You guys saw what our offense can do against great talent. Take away a couple of turnovers and LaVernia had better watch out. The positives out of this LH game will have our boys so jacked I am predicting a four TD win. 42-14.

Also, I think LH played harder than they had in their prior games. You could tell at the end of the game when they were jumping all over the place. They knew they had just played one heck of a team and won by playing one heck of a ballgame. I also feel sorry for Liberty Hills next opponent. Liberty Hill is GOOD and JACKED UP. Who might that next patsy be?
guess what? everyone felt sorry for cro cop's next opponent. cro cop loses his next fight. everyone felt sorry for chuck liddell's next opponent. liddell lost his next fight. the fact is cuero doesnt need to be angry. they need to realize it was a MEANINGLESS predistrict game. so what if the streak is over? going undefeated in the regular season didnt help the past 3 teams in the playoffs

gobbler grad
09-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Cuero by a bunch...just open the gate and let's see what happens...:thinking:

Gobbler Fan
09-23-2007, 09:17 PM
time to regroup...:evil:

PlayaJBiehl20
09-23-2007, 10:24 PM
i have cuero in this one.

Hill Man
09-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by crabman

Wimberely is the next "patsy". LH has lost to them the last 3 straight years and it is time for some payback - Do disrespect to Cuero, I was a first class win for LH against one of the best programs in the state and of course a little payback for the last 2 years, however Wimberely is personal.. Old district foes with some bad blood between them.

Bull Butter
09-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Gobblers will bounce back this week

bandera7
09-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Cuero will route La Vernia on this one. We played La Vernia at the beginning of the season, we were very uncomfortable in our offense and defense, and they only scored on big plays. They never ground out the offense and drove it down, they had big breaks, like a missed tackle behind the line that turned into a 45 yard run.
Cuero just stuffs it down your throats AND gets the big plays. And they are disciplined enough to stop most of those big plays La Vernia got against us.

SUPERMANN5107
09-25-2007, 01:36 PM
i say Cuero by at least 3 tds

SintonFan_inAustin
09-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
Cuero will route La Vernia on this one. We played La Vernia at the beginning of the season, we were very uncomfortable in our offense and defense, and they only scored on big plays. They never ground out the offense and drove it down, they had big breaks, like a missed tackle behind the line that turned into a 45 yard run.
Cuero just stuffs it down your throats AND gets the big plays. And they are disciplined enough to stop most of those big plays La Vernia got against us. La Vernia avg 15 yds per rush against bandera, not much room for grinding. Cuero avg 6 yds per rush against Bandera.

VanKampen
09-25-2007, 09:21 PM
cuero averaged 50 points per game the last two times they played sinton

bandera7
09-25-2007, 09:21 PM
La Vernia averaged that because of their big plays. They would get 3, 2, 50. 3, 3, 3, 2, 3, 50. Cuero's discipline will stop that. And Cuero would have had numbers bigger if they hadnt run the ball with their second team in the last two drives, which lasted a while, and gotten two or three yards per carry.

JT44
09-27-2007, 06:33 AM
Last year not much talk on the downlow about this game, this year the same.

Just hope it's not as close as last year......injury bug, discipline problems, and a few disgrunteld players after last weeks game make this game a lot tougher for the Gobblers.

LV is no slouch so I'll say Cuero 42 LV 28, I think LV goes to their big wideout for at least two big scores, but the speed of Cuero will outlast and help the defense.

KingRob
09-27-2007, 07:44 AM
DCTF actually has La Vernia rated before Cuero. They have La Vernia at no. 11, and Cuero at no. 15. I think La Vernia is going to give them a good game.

Gobbler Fan
09-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Cuero begins a new winning streak ....Gobblers by at least 2 td's

snydertiger2010
09-27-2007, 11:57 PM
I'm pulling for Cuero on this one!

HM33
09-28-2007, 09:46 AM
I think that is Cuero's Defence plays like it did again LH it will be bad for them. The defence did not impress me at all. I'm a defensive person and that was not a very good defensive outing. I have Cuero picked by 2 td's just because their offence is so explosive and can make some plays. I will be there watching so I hope its a good game. I don't like to go to blow outs.

ronwx5x
09-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Jerry's Pigskin Prep has Cuero by 11.

CueroDad2006
09-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Jerry's Pigskin Prep has Cuero by 11.

If you really count on Jerry's Pigskin Prep to help you plan on how a highschool football game is going to come out,your as lost as Jerry has been in 90% of all his predictions have been.

Cuero will win this game.
51-20

Cuero by 31

Lets see how close Jerry's Pigskin Prep is to me,see you on here after the game.
And I'll say I told you so

CueroDad2006
09-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
If you really count on Jerry's Pigskin Prep to help you plan on how a highschool football game is going to come out,your as lost as Jerry has been in 90% of all his predictions have been.

Cuero will win this game.
51-20

Cuero by 31

Lets see how close Jerry's Pigskin Prep is to me,see you on here after the game.
And I'll say I told you so

Sorry I was off a little 49-0