PDA

View Full Version : LH Panthers

CueroDad2006
09-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Great job Panthers,
One hell of a running team.
That wing "T" go's back to the 30's my dad said,and look it still kicks butt.
I am sure you guys will have a great shot at back to back if all go's well.

Cuero can play with the best,But LH is alone at the top with a running game that strong.

Good luck to both teams,and a good chance the two will meet in state simi's.

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Thanks, Dad! Barring any more injuries and a little luck for both teams and the semis could definitely happen. Best of luck the rest of the season, Gobblers (unless we meet in the semis :p). Great job by Cuero last night as well. :clap:

Speaking of injuries, our starting Center will be back by District. He's hoping to be back this week, but I haven't heard if he will or not. As for # 33, Troxell, my son said it was a tendon in his calf. He (my son) is supposed to get more info this morning.

rundoe
09-22-2007, 10:02 AM
Here's wishing both a speedy recovery. They are on my prayer list.

rundoe
09-22-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
Great job Panthers,
One hell of a running team.
That wing "T" go's back to the 30's my dad said,and look it still kicks butt.
I am sure you guys will have a great shot at back to back if all go's well.

Cuero can play with the best,But LH is alone at the top with a running game that strong.

Good luck to both teams,and a good chance the two will meet in state simi's.

Thanks and same to you guys. Of all the teams we play, You guys are on top of my list in CLASS. Coaches, Players and Fans. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
09-22-2007, 10:14 AM
That was a great game... great team LH, and great fans... they scare me... :D

hopefully we'll meet again in the semi's...

Congrats

Gobbla2001
09-22-2007, 10:26 AM
do you guys have an estimated attendence of last night's game? I could hardly walk anywhere, or move anywhere...

rundoe
09-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
great fans... they scare me... :D

We are kinda fanatical, lol.

Daddy D 11
09-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by rundoe

:D :clap: :clap:

rundoe
09-22-2007, 10:34 AM
do you guys have an estimated attendence of last night's game? I could hardly walk anywhere, or move anywhere...

Not my quote, but I heard between 5000 and 6000.

Gobbla2001
09-22-2007, 01:24 PM

well I say right in the middle of you nuts during the second half... I was the only one doing the "1, 2, 3 First Down" when Cuero got one :D

CHSfan
09-22-2007, 01:40 PM
the cuero side u couldnt move!!! i got up to go to the restroom in the 2nd quarter and went back to my seat and of course it was taken and we had to stand at the fence!!

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2007, 01:41 PM
well I say right in the middle of you nuts during the second half... I was the only one doing the "1, 2, 3 First Down" when Cuero got one :D
I have to say you were awfully brave sitting in front of me. ;)

AP Panther Fan
09-22-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

The ol' bell was workin' well, huh?:D

GreenMachine
09-22-2007, 02:15 PM
LH does have an awesome offense, BUT, I don't think we made any adjustments. I would have liked to see our defensive linemen get a little tighter and maybe even add a 5th. I think that we also play too far off the ball. Ya'lls offense is great, but not so great that we shouldn't be able to stop ya'll some of the time. That being said, great game LH and I am proud of the way our boys played...they were drained. We will see ya'll again in the playoffs and promise ya'll there will be adjustments made.;)

crabman
09-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Defensive-wise Cuero is running a 4-2-5 at this time of the year. Everybody in the stands kept asking why we only had four linemen. We ran the 4-2-5 last week. We will run the 4-2-5 next week. He ran it this week to get better at it. As a coach, this game was about getting better and getting in shape. Reeve will not abandon his defense just to try and win a pre-district game. Wait until it matters in December. I think you will see some different wrinkles.

By the way, it is the same defense we have run for four years and it worked the last two times against LH. Of course we were not running it against this caliber of talent. Look for 5, 6, or 7 man fronts and some funky pass coverage if we see LH again.

Look for Callin Hardin back this week at practice and back in game shape by the Bay City game. He is a starting defensive tackle with a torn ACL. This will give our linemen some much needed rest through platooning.

rundoe
09-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Defensive-wise Cuero is running a 4-2-5 at this time of the year. Everybody in the stands kept asking why we only had four linemen. We ran the 4-2-5 last week. We will run the 4-2-5 next week. He ran it this week to get better at it. As a coach, this game was about getting better and getting in shape. Reeve will not abandon his defense just to try and win a pre-district game. Wait until it matters in December. I think you will see some different wrinkles.

By the way, it is the same defense we have run for four years and it worked the last two times against LH. Of course we were not running it against this caliber of talent. Look for 5, 6, or 7 man fronts and some funky pass coverage if we see LH again.

Look for Callin Hardin back this week at practice and back in game shape by the Bay City game. He is a starting defensive tackle with a torn ACL. This will give our linemen some much needed rest through platooning.

We both have a ways to go to get though December, but IF we do meet again. I am sure we will adjust some too and our injured are coming back too.

Remeber the last two games were closer than any you played against also, especially on your home field last year.

We were ready this time.

Right now we are playing on team at a time.

Gobbla2001
09-23-2007, 01:13 AM
All I know is it was one helluva a ball game... and if crabman is optimistic, we all should be (he is ALWAYS right about The Gobbs)...

I enjoyed it, Lh... you have great fans and it was such a great game...

But I'm off to catch the state record redfish so I have to go...

wish us luck and that our boat takes us where we need to go and back... it sure is dark outside :D

Gobbla2001
09-23-2007, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

it was easy... you guys have great and classy fans...

Old Green
09-23-2007, 06:17 AM
All I know is it was one helluva a ball game... and if crabman is optimistic, we all should be (he is ALWAYS right about The Gobbs)...

I enjoyed it, Lh... you have great fans and it was such a great game...

But I'm off to catch the state record redfish so I have to go...

wish us luck and that our boat takes us where we need to go and back... it sure is dark outside :D LH do have some classy fans. everyone greeting you and wanting to converse.
They have great concession stand salesladies too.
I was walking past the concession stand on the way to the restroom and this nice little 5' lady in a purple shirt grabbed my arm and said "you look hungry" and led my 6'2" 290 lb frame down the line of food. Well, I bought a hamburger, hotdog, sausage wrap, and a Dr. Pepper. Great way to sell food;) :D

gato 76
09-23-2007, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
LH do have some classy fans. everyone greeting you and wanting to converse.
I was walking past the concession stand on the way to the restroom and this nice little 5' lady in a purple shirt grabbed my arm and said "you look hungry" and led my 6'2" 290 lb frame down the line of food. Well, I bought a hamburger, hotdog, sausage wrap, and a Dr. Pepper. Great way to sell food;) :D

I hope to see you and the other cuero posters at the bay city game.Im going to sit on the cuero side alot of bay city fans seat on that side cause the seating on the home side is horrible,most of the seats taken by the season ticket holders.

rundoe
09-23-2007, 06:41 AM
LH do have some classy fans. everyone greeting you and wanting to converse.

Sorry 'bout her Old Green. We try to keep her away from the visitors, but very now and again she'll slip past security. She's slick.

She gathers of the food left over from last year's games and trys to sell it. Most of us locals just buy it then throw it away. Hope you didn't get sick, lol.

:( :(

Old Green
09-23-2007, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by gato 76
I hope to see you and the other cuero posters at the bay city game.Im going to sit on the cuero side alot of bay city fans seat on that side cause the seating on the home side is horrible,most of the seats taken by the season ticket holders. Same problem we have here Huh !
Looking forward to seeing you again. Wedo coming too?

Old Green
09-23-2007, 06:45 AM
Sorry 'bout her Old Green. We try to keep her away from the visitors, but very now and again she'll slip past security. She's slick.

She gathers of the food left over from last year's games and trys to sell it. Most of us locals just buy it then throw it away. Hope you didn't get sick, lol.

:( :( Leftovers:confused:
It was pretty dang good:D or either I was just that hungry

rundoe
09-23-2007, 06:50 AM
Leftovers:confused:
It was pretty dang good:D or either I was just that hungry

Was just kidding. :devil:

Old Green
09-23-2007, 06:56 AM
Was just kidding. :devil: LoL. I know;)

gato 76
09-23-2007, 07:36 AM
Same problem we have here Huh !
Looking forward to seeing you again. Wedo coming too?

He will be there.