PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley @ Liberty Hill

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2007, 09:15 AM
Might as well get it started. Come out to play, Texans. :p

gold_33
09-22-2007, 09:27 AM
I dont think this one will even be close. If LH can run it up on us they will, but thats because past this year they wont be beatin us for awhile, if they'll even play us. But we'll see, would be the biggest upset in the state and I would love to see it but I doubt it.

wimbo_pro
09-22-2007, 09:36 AM
You gotta go with LH, even if you are a diehard Texan fan.

sinton66
09-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Hmmmmm, time to bring out the "quote", Deb?:D

Daddy D 11
09-22-2007, 09:58 AM
getting started early i see?
i think wimberley will surprise some people and play way above their limits in this game, rivalries are tough games no matter whos up and whos down. even with that thoough, after seeing the panthers prevail over the gobblers i say panthers pull away in the fourth by 3 TDS :cool:

JDOG
09-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Its going to be a beat down. LH will dominate.

PlayaJBiehl20
09-22-2007, 12:27 PM
I like Nelms, my dad coached under him, but i think LH will win this one, with the ground game ive been hearing about.

R4Editor
09-22-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
getting started early i see?
i think wimberley will surprise some people and play way above their limits in this game, rivalries are tough games no matter whos up and whos down. even with that thoough, after seeing the panthers prevail over the gobblers i say panthers pull away in the fourth by 3 TDS :cool: Texans keep the game close until mid 3rd QTR until Liberty Hill scoring machine takes over the game.:) Rough pre-district, but will help once playoff starts.

lion75
09-22-2007, 12:37 PM
LH takes tis one.

txkmom
09-22-2007, 12:44 PM
LH
LH
LH

CHSfan
09-22-2007, 01:42 PM
LH is gonna take this one cuz i underestimated them until last ight my opinions changed!! wimberley lost a bunch of starters so shouldnt be too great this year!!

STANG RED
09-22-2007, 01:51 PM
On paper LH should run away with this one.
Problem is, they dont play these on paper. Better show up to play ball, or these are the kind that can jump up and bite your butt.

injuredinmelee
09-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
I like Nelms, my dad coached under him, but i think LH will win this one, with the ground game ive been hearing about.

At IP? Or Glen Rose?

charlesrixey
09-22-2007, 02:02 PM
i think the people have spoken

they say LH gets revenge

29-3 in voting?

LHPfactory
09-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
I dont think this one will even be close. If LH can run it up on us they will, but thats because past this year they wont be beatin us for awhile, if they'll even play us. But we'll see, would be the biggest upset in the state and I would love to see it but I doubt it.

We shall see (regarding past this year), The junior class has been undefeated as a unit since the 7th grade.

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
We shall see, The junior class has been undefeated as a unit since the 7th grade.
Oops, sorry - correction. They lost to Burnet as freshmen. :) Sans Lattimore.....

Darren
09-22-2007, 10:30 PM
LH by 21

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
:thinking: :thinking: Could be. ;)

29-3aFAN
09-23-2007, 01:22 AM
Panthers by 19.

TexanAlum_06
09-23-2007, 12:19 PM
As I said i another thread, This game will get ugly, LH will probably get up into the 50's maybe 60's. This is LH's first time in 3 years they are heavily favored to beat us and Vance will make it worth while so I expect a bunch of points. We might keep it close until half. dependin if our offense shows up. but either way I think we will be 1-4 at the end of the night. I just hope for a clean hard fought game with no injuries, lord knows we dont need anymore!

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
I just hope for a clean hard fought game with no injuries, lord knows we dont need anymore!
I hear you on that! Neither do we... :)

TexanAlum_06
09-23-2007, 12:22 PM
The only other thing that we hae going for us is that Lh just came off a HUGE emotional win and it is tough to bounce back the next week and put up the same kind of performance. Now I know all you LH fans are going to say " We are to good for that" "They wont have a let down " but it happens. now will it happen? who knows.... even if it does and LH has their heads somewhat in the clouds I still dont know if we will have enough......

wimbo_pro
09-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
There are plenty of "quotes" from the past to go around...so ready when you are!!!!

gold_33
09-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Wow, this has to be the quietiest LH-Wim week in recent years. Is it LH not counting out the Texans because of the past couple of years or because theres a good chance LH will hang 70 on us? I dont know, but freakishly quiet.

clemsmarina
09-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
The only other thing that we hae going for us is that Lh just came off a HUGE emotional win and it is tough to bounce back the next week and put up the same kind of performance. Now I know all you LH fans are going to say " We are to good for that" "They wont have a let down " but it happens. now will it happen? who knows.... even if it does and LH has their heads somewhat in the clouds I still dont know if we will have enough......

Nah, no let down this week. Coach Vance doesn't allow them time to let that happen!!!
I can't remember a let down after a big win. It's been a long time.
They went through the playoffs last year with more intensity each week than the week before. Put a good whippin on Giddings, and a bigger one on Hondo the following week.

PlayaJBiehl20
09-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Dang, 57-5, maybe the final score also?

Daddy D 11
09-25-2007, 07:09 PM
i just hope the panthers get their heads screwed on straight and get ready for the Texans..emotional wins bring alot of distractions and lets just pray we bring our A game :D

i have the up most respect for Wimberley and know first hand what they bring to this rivalry..

wookinpanub
09-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Liberty Hill 62, Wimberley 21

gold_33
09-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by wookinpanub
Liberty Hill 62, Wimberley 21

Pretty good prediction, if we score 21 on yall's d then i'll be happy.
My prediction is 42-10, LH has some early turnovers but Wimberley cant capitalize, our D does enough in the 1st half to keep it close 21-7 but LH breaks it open in the 2nd half and not enough offense for Wimberley to contend with them this year.

LH Panther Mom
09-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Pretty good prediction, if we score 21 on yall's d then i'll be happy.
:eek: :eek: :eek: Please don't throw him in with us. ;)

He's a Caldwell fan (sort of).

gold_33
09-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Sorry my mistake....lol!:thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
09-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Sorry my mistake....lol!:thumbsup:
It's okay. :) Now where was I??? Oh yeah........

PANTHERS RULE! TEXANS DROOL! :devil: :devil:

firstcat
09-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Well, this is definitely the quietest I've ever heard the LH and Wimberley fans...whatever happened to the good ole' smack talkin' of yesteryear?

I'm predicting an LH victory...I'm predicting it to be sweet...I'm predicting it to be a good game for all for a quarter, and then a great game for the Panthers for the remaining three.

Our Panthers will NEVER consider the week we play Wimberley as a "let down" no matter who we played the week before. This is one the boys look forward to, this is one that we ALL look forward to.

LH 54 Wimberly 20

gold_33
09-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It's okay. :) Now where was I??? Oh yeah........
PANTHERS RULE! TEXANS DROOL! :devil: :devil:

Yeah....Yeah...Yeah..:hand: Yall still have to show up Friday cause I dont think we're gonna just give you this game, these Lh-Wim games are sometimes surprising and always heart pounding for 48 minutes no matter whose supposed to win. I dont think this one will be any different....:thinking:..well maybe..we'll see on friday!!

JT44
09-27-2007, 06:44 AM
I don't know who to pick, the last two teams to beat my team, I'll go with LH b/c there's no Buse to cancel out Allman.

If I had my wish, they would both lose :evillol: ;)

pirate4state
09-27-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by JT44
I don't know who to pick, the last two teams to beat my team, I'll go with LH b/c there's no Buse to cancel out Allman.

If I had my wish, they would both lose :evillol: ;)

:eek: both lose??? LOL

Rivarly games can be tricky. Doesn't matter if one team is having a down year, they will always be up for these type of games.

Does Wimberley have a quick strike offense? Or depth on defense? The quick strike offense & speed kept Cuero in the game last week. Their lack of depth on defense hurt them in the end.

Let's pray for no injuries and a clean game.

Good Luck!!

wimbo_pro
09-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Of course anything can happen...and sometimes does in high school football. Add to it the rivalry....

Oh hell, let's be honest. LH is far too strong this year for Wimberley on both offense and defense. They are at their peak right now, we are rebuilding almost completely. They are at home, they owe Wimberley for the last 3 years....this is going to get ugly, fast.

A win is always possible, and I will be rooting for my Texans. We will play hard and play fair...but the chances of a win are the lowest percentage they will be for us all year...until we get in the playoffs (which we most probably will due to our weakened district).

With that said...let's go hit 'em hard and see if we can shake something loose!!!!!

buff4ever
09-28-2007, 01:39 PM
Wimberly to young to stay close in this one.

What is the largest margin of victory btwn these two teams over the years? I would expect fairly close.

With that sais, LH by atleast 2 TD's more than whatever that was.

NOW WITH THAT SAID, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. I know I sound like a hypocrat, and I normally do not, but that is what is going through my mind.

LH Panther Mom
09-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Wimberly to young to stay close in this one.

What is the largest margin of victory btwn these two teams over the years? I would expect fairly close.

With that sais, LH by atleast 2 TD's more than whatever that was.

2003: 46-19, LH

Two TD's MORE???? :eek: :eek: :eek: :p

LHMom
09-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
2003: 46-19, LH

That was a beautiful game. :)

gold_33
09-28-2007, 01:59 PM
If I can remember right that game was really close at half before LH pulled away, we were young then too and the next year upset LH in Wim. This game will be like that I believe, the rivalry part will keep it close for the first half but inexperience and lack of depth will allow LH to pull away in the 2nd. But our D always gives Lh offense a harder time than others and we have experience on that side so you never know. A few stops by the D and the O can get in the zone a couple times we might have a ball game, not likely, but I never know how this game will turn out, its always intense.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2007, 03:49 PM
I just wish both teams could have met at their peak...i.e., 2005 Wimberley peak against 2007 LH ...or late 2006 LH. Kinda like a fantasy football wish, I know. If it wouldnt have been for Hondo playing an exta-ordinary game in the play offs last year (damn them), we would have seen a doozy of a game for the semis!

I think we will have to wait for a couple of years before we MIGHT have an evenly matched game again...if we are still playing each other by then.