PDA

View Full Version : Gatesville wins 1st

3afan
09-22-2007, 08:16 AM
LAMPASAS – A second-chance field goal by Chance Taylor in the second overtime gave Gatesville a 20-17 victory over Lampasas on Friday night.

In the second overtime, Taylor attempted a 37-yard field goal that hit the crossbar, but got his second chance on a penalty against the Badgers.

In the first half of the second overtime, Lampasas failed to score when the Badgers fumbled.

Both teams scored in the first overtime, Gatesville (1-3) on a 4-yard pass from Justin Biedrycki to Mark Weaver and Jarrod Bowen on an 8-yard run.

In regulation, Gatesville scored on a safety in the second period when Bowen was tackled in the end zone and in the third quarter on a 6-yard run by Biedrycki and conversion run by Waylon Pruitt.

Lampasas' two scores came with a 30-yard field goal by Sam Barbero with 14 seconds left in the first half and with seven seconds left in the game on a 22-yard pass to Bowen from Vann Millican, plus a Taylor PAT.

The victory was the first for new Gatesville head coach Kyle Cooper. Lampasas fell to 0-3 under new head coach Ryan Bailey.

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Congrats, Hornets!

I talked to Swarm 51 at halftime and the score was 3-2, Gatesville. :eek: :eek: Great job on hanging in there for the win in OT! :clap:

JR2004
09-22-2007, 01:25 PM
Nice job Gatesville! I bet it felt great to get that first win this year. :)

Bad job old high school losing on your homefield to a team in full rebuilding mode...Get a high school Kempner so we can drop back down to 3A. This 4A portion of the schedule is going to be really, really ugly again this season. :( Wonder how my old broadcasting partner took this loss since he's back doing Lampasas games now. (We used to do Gatesville games when they won a state title and were still a very good team. Lampasas is his alma mater too.)

Swarm 51
09-22-2007, 11:37 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JR2004
[B]Nice job Gatesville! I bet it felt great to get that first win this year. :)

The young Hornets needed that win and they did it with three of their starters on the sidelines with injuries. What I admire about them is that they didn't quit. They were playing as if it was for the state championship. However, one of the three that was on the sidelines will never play contact sports again. He received a severe concussion last week against L.H., and has been advised by the doctor to not return to any contact sports. We have an open date this Friday, so the other two will be ready to go when we play our last non-district against Taylor. The Hornets are still a long way from being playoff contenders, but the win againt the Badgers was a huge morale booster for them and something to build on.