PDA

View Full Version : Navasota 24 Hearne 16 Final

marlin fan
09-21-2007, 10:26 PM
mnnnn

navscanmaster
09-22-2007, 01:31 AM
What scares me about that game is that it was that close even with Hearne turning over the ball 4 times. Navasota played without a turnover but was stopped on 4th down twice, once at the one foot line. I still don't understand why coach Fedora has to go nuts with the spread offense when the Rattlers are almost unstoppable out of the I-formation. Also, there were a LOT of penalties in this game, probably close to a hundred yards for each team. Dexter Pratt was over 200 yards rushing, and Hearne had a pretty good offensive showing, probably better than Navasota's when the stats come out. J.J. Evans is a slick little quarterback. Just when you think you have him sacked, he squirts loose and picks up 20.

navscanmaster
09-22-2007, 06:44 AM
Updated stats from the BCS Eagle newspaper:

NAVASOTA
Pratt: 28-211 1 TD
Stokes: 2 TD Passes, C/A/YDS unavailable
Brandall Jackson: 2 TD Catches, 1 INT to win game.

HEARNE
J.J. Evans: 4/16-76 Yards 1 TD, 24-74 rushing, 1 FUMB, 5 Sacked.

I will add that if you take away the sacks, Evans probably had 130 yards rushing. Like I said, he is slippery and very fast. I thought Madisonville would have had more total yards but I forget that Navasota probably gave them close to 100 yards in defensive penalties.

HEMOTOXIC
09-23-2007, 12:25 PM
I couldn't agree more. Hearne couldn't stop the run. I believe that on two of the four downs at the one yard line that NHS was stopped, Pratt was on the sideline for two of those plays. After three years, I am still questioning some of the calls that Fedora is calling on offense. The defence is looking really good. Overall, Navasota needs too step it up. The schedule only get tougher as we play host to Coldspring in two weeks followed by a trip to Bellville, and Giddings coming to Rattler Stadium.