PDA

View Full Version : Monahans/ Andrews

justlikesports
09-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Final Score:
Andrews 41
Monahans 13

Not a good night for the Loboes. I think they had six fumbles. The Mustangs are a good team. Congratulations to Andrews. The Loboes have some work to do. Hang tough Loboes, regroup and be ready next week, gotta go to Abilene and play Graham. Geez!

3afan
09-21-2007, 10:08 PM
wow - apparently Andrews is for real

westtxfballfan
09-21-2007, 11:17 PM
Andrews is much improved over last year, but still not sure if they can knock off Snyder and Greenwood for the district title. Should be good games when they happen.

Loboes looked lousy tonight, fumbling three kickoff returns losing all three. Fumbled it away several other times, and just don't look very prepared the last two games. I wonder if they even practice special teams as you wouldn't think so from the personnel they have in trying to field kickoffs, the inability to punt, deep snap, convert extra points. Plus they average about 3 fumbled snaps a game which - whether they lose them or not - are drive killers every week, and they're playing worse and worse each week. First time in a while that Monahans just looks poorly coached.

Maybe they already peaked in Week 0 against Snyder. Fortunately they are in the worst district in the state. So after Graham tears 'em a new one next Friday, they can coast til their 1st round playoff exit.

tex_male
09-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Monahans D was worn down having been out on the field most of the game.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-21-2007, 11:27 PM
Amazing. I expected Monahans to put on a better showing. I wish Snyder could have that game back. I'm still waiting for a team to show up against the overrated Graham team. ;) Maybe Monahans will be the team.

Andrews is looking good, better than last year. District should be interesting.

MarginalTalent
09-22-2007, 02:09 AM
S_T fan believes everyone has their worst game of the year against Graham. He's saying to himself, "how can my tigers be rated below Graham?"

Let's see, Monahans scores 40+ and beats the tiggers, then loses to Midland Christian and Andrews. Meanwhile, Snyder starts basketball season early and barely beats Hereford 50-49, then beats a mediocre 2A Marlin team and claims itself resurrected.

Graham plays four 3A teams that were all in the playoffs last year and beats them all.

Deal with it.

Tiger Baseball
09-22-2007, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by MarginalTalent
S_T fan believes everyone has their worst game of the year against Graham. He's saying to himself, "how can my tigers be rated below Graham?"

Let's see, Monahans scores 40+ and beats the tiggers, then loses to Midland Christian and Andrews. Meanwhile, Snyder starts basketball season early and barely beats Hereford 50-49, then beats a mediocre 2A Marlin team and claims itself resurrected.

Graham plays four 3A teams that were all in the playoffs last year and beats them all.

Deal with it.

:clap: :clap: Good job MT! Is this all you have to do at 2:09 am?

VWG
09-22-2007, 09:09 AM
Graham will have a loss some time down the road. Dallas Bishop Lynch, Vernon, or Burkburnett will probably drop Graham one for the L column.
Graham's defense is really good... believe it. It's their offense that will let them down.

STANG RED
09-22-2007, 09:26 AM
I tried telling people last year to look out for Andrews this year, but it mostly fell on deaf ears. Maybe this will convince a few that Andrews is finally on its way back to it's former status. When the oil field is kicking butt, so goes Andrews.

VERNONLION#1
09-22-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
:clap: LMAO

VERNONLION#1
09-22-2007, 10:23 AM

Deal with it.
Monahans will be ready for Graham. I will pick Monahans by 7.

MarginalTalent
09-22-2007, 10:35 AM

You obviously know all about it.

Sweetwater Red
09-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by justlikesports
Final Score:
Andrews 41
Monahans 13

Not a good night for the Loboes. I think they had six fumbles. The Mustangs are a good team. Congratulations to Andrews. The Loboes have some work to do. Hang tough Loboes, regroup and be ready next week, gotta go to Abilene and play Graham. Geez!

Woah! And I picked Monahans?:doh:

Andrews is the biggest school in their district aren't they?

lion75
09-22-2007, 12:31 PM
You guys quit haggling over the rankings. None of it will matter in 6 weeks. Snyder and Graham will both be in the mix as well as Vernon and a few others.

Sweetwater Red
09-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by lion75
You guys quit haggling over the rankings. None of it will matter in 6 weeks. Snyder and Graham will both be in the mix as well as Vernon and a few others.

:confused:

burnet44
09-22-2007, 12:47 PM

Deal with it.

Marlin isnt mediocre
but there is a lot that dont add up here
or Andrews is "the NEWS"

Andrews beats Monahans beats Snyder who beats Hereford

maybe Hereford is in trouble here?

oh well any way
thats why you play

KTA
09-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Monahans will be ready for Graham. I will pick Monahans by 7.

Clyde will be ready for Vernon. I will pick Clyde by 4.

luvhoops34
09-22-2007, 01:33 PM

http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/huepfenicon111.gif

wildstangs
09-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Clyde will be ready for Vernon. I will pick Clyde by 4.

Wow...Bold prediction - Are you predicting Clyde will knock off Wylie and Sweetwater this year also?

KTA
09-22-2007, 02:07 PM
SW yes, AW will be a good game

charlesrixey
09-22-2007, 03:44 PM
something tells me Graham is pretty good

one, they've beaten four quality opponents without a consistent offense, and
two, their offense WILL come around eventually, and once it does, they will be a tough out in the playoffs

i say if they played weak defenses then it might not look good, but they've done fine for the first four weeks of the season

i think their defense is much better than snyder's, which is why i think both Vernon and Graham will go farther in the playoffs than the tigers

Tres Lobos
09-22-2007, 05:39 PM
I agree!!!

Who-dun-it!!?
09-23-2007, 12:28 AM

Deal with it.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Somebody get offended?

Sweetwater Red
09-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by KTA
SW yes, AW will be a good game

:rolleyes: