PDA

View Full Version : For You Old Cardnal

PPHSfan
06-17-2003, 09:47 PM
Well Old Card, you asked me how I thought my team would do this year, so here are my thoughts.

Game 1. Aubrey away

Well the only reason we play this game is because it is a tradition. Aubrey will not stand much of a chance against the Bearcats and we should win this one by fifty points. Nothing to brag about but this one should be pretty easy.

Game 2. Sanger at home

Sanger was one of the most snake-bitten teams that I had ever seen last year. They should come out fighting in 2003, but they bring a 1-16-1 record to PP and I don't look for them to improve on it this year. Pilot Point by 14

Game 3. Bridgeport away

Last year Bridgeport came to PP and scored more points against the Bearcats than any team in history with a 46-35 win. However: Daugherty Airlines has moved to Texas Tech and from what I hear most of the receivers graduated as well. Without Daugherty and Krebs, I feel the Bulls may struggle a little this year. Pilot Point by 6

Game 4. Lake Dallas away

Lake Dallas has a great Baseball team, and a pretty good Basketball program, but they have not been able to put an offense on the field in football for quite some time. Although PP travels to their new sports complex, our 5-1-1 record against them should improve to six. Pilot Point by 10+

Game 5. Trinity Christian at home

We played TCA for the first time last season. They have a nice team, but they need some strength training down there in Addison. They fell apart after the first half, and I don't see them coming to PP and lasting four quarters. Pilot Point by at least two touchdowns.

Game 6. Gainesville at home

Last year Gainesville whipped up on us really good. They became only the third team to shut-out PP in the regular season. This year they have to come to our house, their DC moved to HC, but the Defense is what made Gainsville great so I don't see the coaching change hurthing them. My guess is that if we don't lose our star RB like last year, and we can stay healthy thru pre-season, the game will be a lot closer than last year. Do I think we can win? Sure I do, I think it is a 3 way fight for District and if we can catch a few breaks the Leopards will go home upset. I won't go against my boys. PP by a field goal.

Game 7. Celina away

These two teams always play each other hard and this year will be no exception. The lifetime record stands PP 23, Celina 18, and one tie. Last year we played in the pouring down rain and mud and Celina found the endzone in the fourth quarter and won 10-0. This year we travel to Celina, but history says it is our turn. PP by 4

Game 8. Whitesboro at home

Pilot Point by a truckload. 'nough said

Game 9. Pottsboro away

Pilot Point travels to Pottsboro and wins a must win game, because we will either be playing for our undefeated district win, or struggling for the third spot. :p

Game 10. Van Alstyne at home

Warm up game for the playoffs, would be nice if it were not a must win, and we are in position to let the younger guys get some time in. Either way we improve on our 12-1-0 record against VA. PP by 10 or more.

Playoffs: My guess is that we go somewhere between 1 and 6 games deep.

OK, I did what you asked, now lets hear your thoughts on the Cardinals.

Old Cardinal
06-17-2003, 10:12 PM
Sounds like they start slow and try to build each year,,Thanks for the info.

slpybear the bullfan
06-17-2003, 10:42 PM
I hope you are wrong about the Cats and Bulls, but I am afraid this will be a rebuilding year for our mighty Bulls...

*Sigh* When will football season get here?

Keith7
06-17-2003, 11:39 PM
I'm pretty sure u messed up on week 6.. you might wanna re think that

Matthew328
06-18-2003, 11:06 AM
Keep an eye on Lake Dallas...I think they'll be much better than people think...they have a pretty athletic junior QB in Guyton who was literally thrown to the wolves in the Everman game....I mean come on..a sophmore QB who played all year on JV making his first ever varsity strart in the playoffs against Everman??? ouch...but in the long run it'll make him better...will LD beat PP?? Not likely..but they'll be a strong second to Decatur in 7-3A