PDA

View Full Version : I was wrong

Macarthur
09-21-2007, 11:11 AM
Let me be the first to admit I was wrong about Fran.

My f-i-law is a TCU alum so I have followed him pretty closely for some time and I thought he would dominate at A&M. Man, I was wrong. I still think he's a good coach, but for what ever reason, it hasn't worked at A&M. I think the only way he stays is if he wins the Big 12, and that's looking a bit unlikely right now. ;)

BrahmaMom
09-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Look at the way he left his former team. What about that said "winner" to you? Truly, I am not giving you a hard time. He had lots of folks fooled with the smoke and mirrors he brought with him when he slipped out of town without a word to colleagues or players. There is something about a coach that is hyped and believes he is "the answer' that rubs me the wrong way--a la Todd Graham at Rice University last year. "Graham football"--okay, last time I checked the coaches called the plays, but it was still the players that ran them on the field. Hats of to you for acknowledging your honest mistake.

BrahmaMom
09-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Oh, by the way, Fran came as my son was being recruited. He let A&M drop from the radar b/c of the way Fran left his former team. And left Rice's team after Graham arrived.