PDA

View Full Version : LEAVE Coach Fran ALONE!!!!

JR2004
09-20-2007, 10:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svrQIxdaf7k

Saw that posted on TexAgs tonight. Man oh man...The Little Debbie part had me rollin!

CHS_CG
09-20-2007, 10:47 PM
you're a little late bud

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70624&highlight=Leave+coach+fran+alone

JR2004
09-20-2007, 10:49 PM
haha...I don't read too many threads on here and am a bit too tired to see if it had been posted...lol.

Gobbla2001
09-20-2007, 10:54 PM
I didn't see it myself...

But I can't leave Fran alone...

The man can recruit... he recruits athletes that should be competing for a big 12 championship...

McGee is a great QB, but it seems he's been left to the dogs a lot with Fran...

The offense Fran has "established" just won't work... it's hard to watch... it's like "why don't you not run that play five times in a row" or "why don't you do this instead because they're keying on everything you do"...

His defensive players aren't bad, but they just aren't well coached...

I have to say the recruiting is pretty good, he can get some players... but the play calling and that system is sad... just sad...

IHStangFan
09-20-2007, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I didn't see it myself...

But I can't leave Fran alone...

The man can recruit... he recruits athletes that should be competing for a big 12 championship...

McGee is a great QB, but it seems he's been left to the dogs a lot with Fran...

The offense Fran has "established" just won't work... it's hard to watch... it's like "why don't you not run that play five times in a row" or "why don't you do this instead because they're keying on everything you do"...

His defensive players aren't bad, but they just aren't well coached...

I have to say the recruiting is pretty good, he can get some players... but the play calling and that system is sad... just sad... amen.

Snydertigersrul
09-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
amen.

The only thing matters is wins and losses and we all know how he stands in that department. Except for last year's game with UT (when he got lucky), how many big games has coach Fran won in Aggieland?

IHStangFan
09-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
The only thing matters is wins and losses and we all know how he stands in that department. Except for last year's game with UT (when he got lucky), how many big games has coach Fran won in Aggieland? why even quote me and ask me that question...you won't find anyone defending Fran here.

Gobbla2001
09-20-2007, 11:05 PM
I mean honestly... from the outside looking in, it's almost like Fran is screwing up A&M's program on purpose...

IHStangFan
09-20-2007, 11:07 PM
I mean honestly... from the outside looking in, it's almost like Fran is screwing up A&M's program on purpose... LOL...my wife said the same thing tonight.

Gobbla2001
09-20-2007, 11:08 PM
maybe I'm bein' too hard on the guy or something... I dunno... but with the athletes he has, they could be exploding right now...

Same athletes, different system, these guys are all up in your mustache... but under this system they do not seem to be reaching their full potential...

IHStangFan
09-20-2007, 11:14 PM
maybe I'm bein' too hard on the guy or something... I dunno... but with the athletes he has, they could be exploding right now...

Same athletes, different system, these guys are all up in your mustache... but under this system they do not seem to be reaching their full potential... nope....I have found myself questioning the man's sanity several times. Last year...OU..perfect example....3 visits to the red zone...2 field goals? Trying to throw little dump passes 2nd and goal...Lane on the sidelines?? That's a head scratcher. Then you are playing a Miami team that is clearly faster than you are ...and youre trying to make the corner? Why not try to offset the speed mismatch by running your brute right at them? But what do I know.

RMAC
09-21-2007, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
The only thing matters is wins and losses and we all know how he stands in that department. Except for last year's game with UT (when he got lucky), how many big games has coach Fran won in Aggieland?

All I'm gonna say is it's easy to talk down on a team when they're losing, we've all done it. But it's even easier to be a fan of a team when they win 10+ games a year. You know who your real fans are when you're winning 5 games and year and people still show up.

Buckeye80
09-21-2007, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Then you are playing a Miami team that is clearly faster than you are ...and youre trying to make the corner? Why not try to offset the speed mismatch by running your brute right at them? But what do I know.

Whoa!!! Whoa!!! Way to much sense there bucko! Tone it down a bit would you? First and goal from the 3 against OU in '06 and don't run the "J-train"? I don't wanna hear it! Just trust in the lunacy that is "Fran". :rolleyes:

What a clown! Sack him!:clap:

navscanmaster
09-21-2007, 07:41 AM
J-Train fans everywhere (99.9% of Aggie Fans) have to be sick watching him sitting helplessly on the sideline in the Miami game. I mean, what in the H*** is going on with Fran's thought process. I think it is senility! If every couch quarterback on this site and blogs elsewhere are saying the same thing, then maybe the guy getting paid millions really is clueless. He has the kind of offense that should use the pass some, but running is THE STRENGTH of this team and should be used 75% of the time or more. And not running up the gut and doing delays against a team that is weak at DT and LB is just plain lunacy. What do we know though. What got my blood hot was watching the folded arm smile he had on his face when McGee got ROCKED trying to 7 step drop and pass on 3RD AND GOAL FROM THE 2!!!!!! I agree, he does not care about winning in Aggieland. Axe Him!

Old Tiger
09-21-2007, 07:45 AM
this is absolutely hilarious! The Britney version freaks me out!!!!!

scott Wilson
09-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Lane had only 2 carries late in the 3rd qtr. I thought he was your playmaker. In high school Stephen McGee set all kinds of passing records, yet they`ve turned him into a running quarterback. Goodson can`t hold onto the ball with three hands and they know it. They should be working to correct that. The aggies need a young Coach with fire in their belly. They had a chance to get Kubiak before he went to Houston and they passed. He was an alumn, and would`ve brought some tradition and respect back to College Station. Fran doesn`t understand the tradition and his whole demeanor seems to nonchalant on the sidelines. Now that kid who wears #1 looks like he might be an exciting player for the future. Hope Franchione is gone so he doesn`t mess him up.

Old Dog
09-21-2007, 10:34 AM
The way Fran is playing Stephen McGee is actually making me ill. This kid had all the potential on earth and he has been miscoached beyond belief! Out of high school he was pointed to the NFL, but now he probably won't even get drafted after his senior year.

I can't believe the oil rich aggie alums haven't chased Fran all the way back to Kansas where he came from. I've been an aggie fan since 1957 and I am so damn tired of "so-so" coaches. With so much money and influence, why can't the ags pull in an A-one coach? If Mr. Byrne insists on sticking with Fran, maybe he should follow him out of the state.................. A lot of this problem falls on Byrne too!

ToroChingon
09-21-2007, 10:49 AM
I wonder if Fran could coach the Wood-Stacking Team?

BrahmaMom
09-21-2007, 12:02 PM
It is sad to watch him mis-use McGee's talent. I have never been a Fran fan. The way he left his former team was a clue to me he wasn't what A&M needed.

JR2004
09-21-2007, 01:40 PM
I sent in a link to thebiglead.com last night (I'm sure many others did too) and they posted the video this morning... They at least gave him credit for the dog...lol.

http://thebiglead.com/?p=3212#more-3212

Funk-d-fied
09-21-2007, 01:46 PM
He's gone, studenst are trying to get together for the worst, and it will happen, lets see what happens the rest of the year, he needs to be worried.

bulldogman06
09-21-2007, 02:02 PM
i cant stand fran, im tired of him. i dont care if he wins from now on, i hate the way he coaches. he is an idiot. we have so much talent its ridiculous. and to not run j-train until the 3rd quarter. moron. i wish we would fire him now, get a new coach maybe at the latest end of the year, and save aggie tradition. because this fran crap is getting old

eagles_victory
09-21-2007, 02:22 PM
a&m could be looking at 6-5 or 7-4 at best this season

Phil C
09-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Sniff sniff. :( Come on people! Leave Coach Fran Alone!

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!

:mad:

Phil C
09-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Sniff sniff. :( Come on people! Leave Coach Fran Alone!

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!

I MEAN IT!!

crzyjournalist03
09-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
a&m could be looking at 6-5 or 7-4 at best this season

Typical overreaction. Before last night, lots of people are saying "A&M could wind up as the number two team in the Big XII this year."

They lose one game, now they're headed for barely being bowl eligible...