PDA

View Full Version : wow - memories

44INAROW
09-20-2007, 02:50 PM
I am listening to yahoo radio at the office and they are playing a string of "Loverboy" songs...
"Hot Girls in Love"
"The Kid is Hot Tonight"
"Working for the Weekend"
"Turn me Loose"
"Lovin Every Minute of it"..

Anyone else have a flood of memories with those songs???

Now it's Sammy Hagar

"There's only way to Rock"

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I am listening to yahoo radio at the office and they are playing a string of "Loverboy" songs...
"Hot Girls in Love"
"The Kid is Hot Tonight"
"Turn me Loose"

Oooooh, yeah! MTV when they still played music, leather pants on the lead singer... :inlove:

44INAROW
09-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Oooooh, yeah! MTV when they still played music, leather pants on the lead singer... :inlove:

yep - they were scared to lite up a ciggy (or other things) on stage, cause their hair might explode with all the hairspray they used :p

AP Panther Fan
09-20-2007, 02:57 PM
"Hot Girls in Love"
"The Kid is Hot Tonight"
"Turn me Loose"

Now it's Sammy Hagar

LOL...gosh, I am glad I don't work in your office. :D

crzyjournalist03
09-20-2007, 02:57 PM
wow...I honestly can't think of the tune for ANY of those songs...

rangerjoe33
09-20-2007, 03:01 PM
You can't be serious...if you were in school during the mid eighties you know the tune to those songs...

Maroon87
09-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Good stuff!:thumbsup:

pirate4state
09-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
wow...I honestly can't think of the tune for ANY of those songs...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

44INAROW
09-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I hear that.......... ;)

AP Panther Fan
09-20-2007, 03:13 PM
I hear that.......... ;)

and now I can't stop thinking about "Working for the Weekend":mad:

pirate4state
09-20-2007, 03:13 PM
I hear that.......... ;)

his comments made me feel old :(

pirate4state
09-20-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
and now I can't stop thinking about "Working for the Weekend":mad:

"Turn me loose" :D :D

AP Panther Fan
09-20-2007, 03:17 PM
:foul:

crzyjournalist03
09-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
You can't be serious...if you were in school during the mid eighties you know the tune to those songs...

umm...I wasn't...

pirate4state
09-20-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm reading the lyrics and am "lol" :p :p I never really paid attention before :eek: :doh:

crzyjournalist03
09-20-2007, 03:25 PM
If it makes you guys feel any better, I probably couldn't remember the tune to many of the good 90s songs either.

AP Panther Fan
09-20-2007, 03:43 PM
You know what I can NEVER remember? Names of actors and actresses! It's like I can picture them, but can't remember their name...drives me crazy.:cool:

SWMustang
09-20-2007, 04:06 PM

Now it's Sammy Hagar

Money talks and suckers walk and nobody messes with my three lock box...

I can't drive 55

44INAROW
09-20-2007, 05:01 PM
they've been playing Whitesnake songs for the last 15 mins - I :D :D Some of those song titles could be interpreted XXX rated :eek: :eek: :eek:
"Slide it in" "Spit it out" "Slow and Easy"

Hope everyone has a nice evening - I am going to watch some Freshman and JV football :)

MarginalTalent
09-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Some of the worst "music" ever recorded was recorded in the 80's and Lover Boy may have led the way. Even Eric Clapton sucked during the 80's. Who was it - the Bangles? Duran Duran? the Thompson Twins? Toto? unghh!! That had to be the gayest decade ever.

I remember once on a bus coming back from a game in 1986, one of my players came up to me with his walkman and say's,"hey coach, listen to this. These guys are awesome. I bet you've never heard them."
It was AC/DC from 1977. The point? Even the kids in that decade recognized that the music sucked. They were listening to "oldies" from the 70's.

SWMustang
09-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by MarginalTalent
Some of the worst "music" ever recorded was recorded in the 80's and Lover Boy may have led the way. Even Eric Clapton sucked during the 80's. Who was it - the Bangles? Duran Duran? the Thompson Twins? Toto? unghh!! That had to be the gayest decade ever.

I remember once on a bus coming back from a game in 1986, one of my players came up to me with his walkman and say's,"hey coach, listen to this. These guys are awesome. I bet you've never heard them."
It was AC/DC from 1977. The point? Even the kids in that decade recognized that the music sucked. They were listening to "oldies" from the 70's.

so the 80's music was worse than the 00's?

MarginalTalent
09-20-2007, 05:42 PM
Good Point. I give the edge to the 00's for least suckiness.

carter08
09-20-2007, 05:51 PM
I've never heard of Loverboy.

But they're playing at Arrowfest with Kansas, Paul Rodgers, Marshall Tucker Band, Mickey Thomas, Teh Knack, and Vlue Oyster Cult, so I'll have heard of them pretty soon.

SWMustang
09-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Good Point. I give the edge to the 00's for least suckiness.

I think the 00's are worse so I give them the edge for MOST suckiness.

SWMustang
09-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by carter08

But they're playing at Arrowfest with Kansas, Paul Rodgers, Marshall Tucker Band, Mickey Thomas, Teh Knack, and Vlue Oyster Cult, so I'll have heard of them pretty soon.

Let me know how teh knack and Vlue Oyster Cult are. :D

carter08
09-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Let me know how teh knack and Vlue Oyster Cult are. :D

lulz.

i will XD

Maroon87
09-20-2007, 05:58 PM
I think the 00's are worse so I give them the edge for MOST suckiness.

Limp Bizkit. Nuff said.:doh:

SWMustang
09-20-2007, 05:59 PM
lulz.

i will XD

long day of reading e-mails - I wanted to bash a little. That would be a cool show for 80's expatriates such as myself. Have fun.

carter08
09-20-2007, 06:01 PM
long day of reading e-mails - I wanted to bash a little. That would be a cool show for 80's expatriates such as myself. Have fun.

Your location says Houston.

October 14th. Cynthia Woods.

SWMustang
09-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Limp Bizkit. Nuff said.:doh:

Even worse than that is a catagory for generic bands that I call AOB's - All Other Bands. They kind of all sound the same.

It's so bland but I think Nickelback is the standard they all aspire to be. I hate nickelback.

44INAROW
09-20-2007, 06:53 PM

ok Carter - without searching on Google or anywhere else - I gotta bonus question for you - What group did Paul Rodgers play in?

and just for the record - my favorite "time in music" was 72 to 79 or so - Humble Pie, Triumph, Savoy Brown etc

MarginalTalent
09-21-2007, 10:25 AM
The theme for the 00's music is whining - whahh! my girlfriend hates me, whahh! I'm not worthy, whahh! I'm the only one who get's it, etc, etc. whahh! whahh! whahh!

Summation:
80's music about excess vs. 00's music about introspection of one's navel.

They're both bad.

SWMustang
09-21-2007, 10:39 AM
The theme for the 00's music is whining - whahh! my girlfriend hates me, whahh! I'm not worthy, whahh! I'm the only one who get's it, etc, etc. whahh! whahh! whahh!

Summation:
80's music about excess vs. 00's music about introspection of one's navel.

They're both bad.

I can't argue with your summation. :) The 70's gave us disco... that alone should take away some of its luster.

44INAROW
09-21-2007, 11:06 AM
I can't argue with your summation. :) The 70's gave us disco... that alone should take away some of its luster.
disco sucks........ I loved the 70's music - the folks I hung around with didn't listen to anything remotely close to DISCO :D

pirate4state
09-21-2007, 11:11 AM
awwwwwwwww man, I still love 80's music, but the late 60's, early 70's and 90's are my faves :D

MarginalTalent
09-21-2007, 11:15 AM
The 70's was a strange decade. I not sure how disco came out of a decade with Pink Floyd, Led Zep, The Who, Aerosmith, Ted Nugent, etc.

The beegees, donna summer, et.al, should have stayed in the tranny bars.

"you make me feel like dancin' "? Puhleeze!

pirate4state
09-21-2007, 11:19 AM
The 70's was a strange decade. I not sure how disco came out of a decade with Pink Floyd, Led Zep, The Who, Aerosmith, Ted Nugent, etc.

The beegees, donna summer, et.al, should have stayed in the tranny bars.

"you make me feel like dancin' "? Puhleeze!

yeah, no kidding....

even though i like all the bands/artists you mentioned! LOL :crazy1:

I just enjoy all kinds of music!!

44INAROW
09-21-2007, 11:23 AM
I am a closet "Bread" fan............"Just to have you, back again" sshh don't tell anyone

the most trouble I ever got into (in high school anyway) was when we (nameless folks now to protect their identities) skipped school and went to Houston at The Summitt (I think) to see Deep Purple during the "Rab-ba Bat Blues" aka "BURN" tour - OMG My parents were SOOOOO P****** off when I got home.. I'll never forget that.. :eek: :eek: :eek: They were both school teachers, so I was busted by 2nd period cause some that "chickened out and didn't go" couldn't keep their mouth shut and my mom overheard the coversation....... :doh:

Maroon87
09-21-2007, 11:39 AM
I was born in the 60's and grew up in the 70's and 80's but I like music from all decades...except for the pre-packaged teeny bopper stuff from the late 90's. Lame-o.

MarginalTalent
09-21-2007, 11:49 AM
I hate it when that happens. My parents both taught, too. I was class president, "good kid", etc. But when Aerosmith, AC/DC, and Mahogany Rush are putting on a concert, you just hafta go!

Damn the Torpedoes!

rangerjoe33
09-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Metallica (awesome) made thier mark in the 80's, Aerosmith is a multi-decade dominant band with mostly good/some great music.

George Strait
Garth Brooks
Foreigner

all decent...

AP Panther Fan
09-21-2007, 12:54 PM
The 70's also had Boston...."More than a Feeling":cool:

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2007, 01:01 PM
LMAO! If it weren't for disco, my husband wouldn't dance at all. :eek: :eek:

***Hijack alert: We had to go to the high school a little while ago. He was wearing an Average White Band t-shirt he got a few years ago. :D ***

44INAROW
09-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
LMAO! If it weren't for disco, my husband wouldn't dance at all. :eek: :eek:

***Hijack alert: We had to go to the high school a little while ago. He was wearing an Average White Band t-shirt he got a few years ago. :D ***

photo please :D

and APPF - Boston knew how to put on a great show - believe it or not, Boston toured with Black Sabbath and Moxy - must have been in 1977 - The Black Sabbath crowd was a "different" crowd than the Boston and Moxy crowd but it was a good show